Obama's Libya Victory Call = Bush's "Mission Accomplished"???

Ah so thats a little different from the Arab world, if you had married a Kuwaiti woman or Bahraini for example it would have been damn near mandatory unless she wasn't a Muslim.
Oh absolutely....the Turks, Lebanese, and some Damascus Syrians are pretty moderate. It's the Arab penninsula folks and Afgani/Pakis that the moderates in the region want nothing to do with. It's very similar to how a New Yorker would view a southern Baptist KKK member.

Iran was the closest I came to being harmed for being an American. And if I didn't have my wife and marriage license with me at all times...I'd have wound up like those two hikers.

Man I would have NEVER went into Iran, whether I was married to a Muslim woman or not. When I was in Kuwait in the service back in 2007 I was with a few Kuwaiti Military guys who were kidding about driving to the Iranian border, freaked me out.
It actualy freaked me out when I was there. I got stared at in Istanbul, but you could feel the cold when they did in Tabriz. I wouldn't have gone to Tehran though. Oh no...not me...in 2003?

Oh absolutely....the Turks, Lebanese, and some Damascus Syrians are pretty moderate. It's the Arab penninsula folks and Afgani/Pakis that the moderates in the region want nothing to do with. It's very similar to how a New Yorker would view a southern Baptist KKK member.

Iran was the closest I came to being harmed for being an American. And if I didn't have my wife and marriage license with me at all times...I'd have wound up like those two hikers.

Man I would have NEVER went into Iran, whether I was married to a Muslim woman or not. When I was in Kuwait in the service back in 2007 I was with a few Kuwaiti Military guys who were kidding about driving to the Iranian border, freaked me out.
It actualy freaked me out when I was there. I got stared at in Istanbul, but you could feel the cold when they did in Tabriz. I wouldn't have gone to Tehran though. Oh no...not me...in 2003?

I heard Iran was actually quite nice before the revolution, its a shame its a mullah run shit hole now.

They can't possibly let the thought that Obama's foreign policy decisions lead to the eradication of an Islamic dictator without one single loss of an American life sink into the brackish hateful goo that's inside their brains.

It freaks out anti Obama folks when Obama's policies work regarding foreign military policy...work better than theirs.

I think the OP is trying to assert that Obama is repsonsible for Libya for the next ten years. I mean it does make sense...Bush left Obama with two unfinished wars and a trashed economy, and now it's all Obama's fault. Never underestimate the conservative Christian right.

what 'policy'? His 'policy' was to let someone ELSE take the lead for once. So far, so good. But it's not Peace Prize worthy or anything.

Exactly, I thought NATO was in control.

Now its Obamas victory???? :doubt:

Dont add up to me.:confused:

The US is NATO, essentially. Without US support - the support of the Obama administration - other NATO nations would possibly not have gotten involved. So, yeah, Obama deserves some credit for making the call to support the rebels who have now overthrown the Gaddafi regime without shedding any American blood. Don't act like the right wouldn't be blaming Obama had the rebellion had ended up being squashed.

Last edited:

I heard Iran was actually quite nice before the revolution, its a shame its a mullah run shit hole now.
It's what happens everytime religious fundamentalists have power in government.

Hopefully Egypt, Libya, and Iraq will go secular, but I have no hope for Yemen and Afghanistan.

Hopefully Egypt, Libya, and Iraq will go secular, but I have no hope for Yemen and Afghanistan.

What about Syria? for some reason I get the feeling it will turn into a religious theocracy.

What about Syria? for some reason I get the feeling it will turn into a religious theocracy.
Syria is a very diverse place. It's Assad that needs to go. That whole family is made up of the worst kind of bloodthirsty despots, and the Syrian peope are very law abiding as a result.

In Damascus I met all kinds of different people. It'd be a nice place if they weren't so repressed and bled dry by Assad.

So the wingnut Bushies are finally admitting that Bush's Mission Accomplished claim was a major fuck up?

Geez, how many years did that take?

So the wingnut Bushies are finally admitting that Bush's Mission Accomplished claim was a major fuck up?
LOL, only a partisan hack like you would make that arrogant comment. Even Bush admitted that was a fuck up!

However, it will definitely take Obama and you libtards much longer to realize Obama's victory speech was extremely premature and ill-advised!

People forget that the Taliban were removed from power in months and then the real long-term fighting began. People forget that Sadam's army was defeated easily and then the real fighting began.

Take even our civil war! The aftermath of the war was reconstruction. It was one of the bloodiest and chaotic times in US history! The racist Southern Democrats wants to keep their slaves in the field and the radical republicans wants to change the entire country for the better. The Democrats fought hard against the passing of the 13th and 14th amendment and ESPECIALLY THE 15th amendment (Black Suffrage)! It was the radical Republicans that made that all possible!

LOL, only a partisan hack like you would make that arrogant comment. Even Bush admitted that was a fuck up!

However, it will definitely take Obama and you libtards much longer to realize Obama's victory speech was extremely premature and ill-advised!

People forget that the Taliban were removed from power in months and then the real long-term fighting began. People forget that Sadam's army was defeated easily and then the real fighting began.

Take even our civil war! The aftermath of the war was reconstruction. It was one of the bloodiest and chaotic times in US history! The racist Southern Democrats wants to keep their slaves in the field and the radical republicans wants to change the entire country for the better. The Democrats fought hard against the passing of the 13th and 14th amendment and ESPECIALLY THE 15th amendment (Black Suffrage)! It was the radical Republicans that made that all possible!

He did??? :lol:

what 'policy'? His 'policy' was to let someone ELSE take the lead for once. So far, so good. But it's not Peace Prize worthy or anything.

The US is NATO, essentially. Without US support - the support of the Obama administration - other NATO nations would possibly not have gotten involved. So, yeah, Obama deserves some credit for making the call to support the rebels who have now overthrown the Gaddafi regime without shedding any American blood. Don't act like the right wouldn't be blaming Obama had the rebellion had ended up being squashed.

maybe, and maybe not. We cannot know for certain.

Actualy we do know for certain...I think.

As I remember...Obama had to send UN reps to convince the UN that action was neccessary, then he had to lean on Cameron and Zarkozy to throw in with air attacks. I didn't hear it was the UN's idea, nor the Brit's and French's idea, it was Obama's idea.

Did you hear different?

Last edited:

As I remember...Obama had to send UN reps to convince the UN that action was neccessary, then he had to lean on Cameron and Zarkozy to throw in with air attacks. I didn't hear it was the UN's idea, nor the Brit's and French's idea, it was Obama's idea.

Did you hear different?

I am fairly certain if we did nothing, the rest of the world would have sat this one out as well, when is the last time NATO or the UN instigated Military action without us?

Did you hear different?

I am fairly certain if we did nothing, the rest of the world would have sat this one out as well, when is the last time NATO or the UN instigated Military action without us?
Never...I don't think. Korea was all Truman. Yugoslavia was actualy more Tony Blair than Clinton but we fought it......maybe some of those African humantarian gigs weren't created by the US???..dunno.

I'm beginning to see a measure of denial from many anti Obama folks about his contribution to what appears on the surface to be a successful military operation without much opposition in America...anymore that is.

But ya know what...I wasn't in favor of the action. I didn't care what happened to Libyans at the time and didn't think we could afford it. Maybe that opinion was affected by the failures in Afghanistan and Iraq. However...I'll temporarilly suspend my dissapproval, but if at a later date, we haven't just leave the thing alone, I may reinstate my dissapproval.

Did you hear different?

Never...I don't think. Korea was all Truman. Yugoslavia was actualy more Tony Blair than Clinton but we fought it......maybe some of those African humantarian gigs weren't created by the US???..dunno.

I'm beginning to see a measure of denial from many anti Obama folks about his contribution to what appears on the surface to be a successful military operation without much opposition in America...anymore that is.

But ya know what...I wasn't in favor of the action. I didn't care what happened to Libyans at the time and didn't think we could afford it. Maybe that opinion was affected by the failures in Afghanistan and Iraq. However...I'll temporarilly suspend my dissapproval, but if at a later date, we haven't just leave the thing alone, I may reinstate my dissapproval.

I am just glad if this Libya thing blows up if won't be our men and women on the ground fighting for their lives in the streets of Tripoli like they were in Iraq, our miscalculations and mistakes in Iraq cost us alot of good lives.

LOL!!! If he hadn't done anything we'd be loaded with "he let liberty be crushed" threads. :cuckoo:

I am just glad if this Libya thing blows up if won't be our men and women on the ground fighting for their lives in the streets of Tripoli like they were in Iraq, our miscalculations and mistakes in Iraq cost us alot of good lives.
I'm as much a patriot as the next guy, and I'm all for protecting our interests globally...but I'm just having trouble justifying the monetary cost of these miltitary operations. It's gotta be a crap shoot when the experts try to weight the gains in security and interests against how much it costs. Then there is the whole economic stimulative effect of military spending....which was Reagan's real accomplishment IMO. It's very confusing, and at the same time, we shouldn't be killing people unless they're REALLY trying to kill us.

I agree....no American deaths for Libyans. They're grown-ups, they oughta know how to make themselves happy.

LOL!!! If he hadn't done anything we'd be loaded with "he let liberty be crushed" threads. :cuckoo:
You got it...."he's not a miltary leader"...."3:00 AM phone call"...."liberal pansey shoulda bombed em!"...etc..

Forum List

Back