Obama's Libya Victory Call = Bush's "Mission Accomplished"???

It's not a problem for us....Libya has not become a country America occupies and is repsonsible for....that's how bloodthirsty interventionlist righties think getting rid of despots should entail.

The Libyan people are the ones responsible for the direction their contry takes, not us. Also...we don't have to spend trillions and sacrifice the lives of our young men and women cleaning up any messes, because the French and British have taken responibility for their region.

You guys just can't admit that Obama changed a government without sacrificing Americans. If Obama wouldn't have gotten it started, the Frogs, Brits, and Libyan people wouldn't have finished it.

Why can't you just say "job well done?"

Because its not.... he violated the war powers act, and we have no idea who will take charge over there... and yes, that CAN be a huge problem for us.

I think we shouldnt have meddled in Lybia like we did, but that just my opinion so get over it.

I didn't agree with getting involved in Libya either bro, I'm sure if you saw some of my older posts I was very much against getting involved but we are where we are. Gaddafi was a thug with American blood on his hands, if he is toppled without 1 American soldier getting hurt I am all for that, my concern now is what kind of government will rise up out of the ashes of the Gaddafi regime.

Thats all I am trying to say

Thanks for letting everyone know why I wont debate a loser like you.

You debate like a kindergartner.... no substance at all, just rhetoric.
I think the word counts alone from my posts compared to yours means something...but I wouldn't expect someone who probably went to church instead of college to get that.

And that would be your first mistake.

The Infidel and I don't see eye to eye on most issues..but he's pretty bright.
He may be....but the difference between you and he...is that you haven't started hurling personal insults at me. I didn't start it.

Because its not.... he violated the war powers act, and we have no idea who will take charge over there... and yes, that CAN be a huge problem for us.

I think we shouldnt have meddled in Lybia like we did, but that just my opinion so get over it.

I didn't agree with getting involved in Libya either bro, I'm sure if you saw some of my older posts I was very much against getting involved but we are where we are. Gaddafi was a thug with American blood on his hands, if he is toppled without 1 American soldier getting hurt I am all for that, my concern now is what kind of government will rise up out of the ashes of the Gaddafi regime.

No it's not.....you're also trying to say that Obama doesn't deserve any credit for a military policy he created that is doing well so far.

So far the Egyptians have started going backwards opening up the border with Gaza and letting terrorists camp out in the Sinai, they keep this up they will end up like Pakistan. I pray the Libyans try to be more secular, like Turkey maybe.

MOST people, that means used to be Obama supporters and all were against the Libya war... You neocons are still in power, America and the world are trying to get rid of you asap.
Are you calling me a neocon?

Yup... Just like you lump everyone that does not agree with you as a "rightie" and say they agreed with Bush or had no problems with Bush's policies... The big difference is you actually do defend Bush's polices just you do it under Obama. You're a Bush era Neocon, big government in every direction.
I'm not a neocon, and I'm not for big government in every direction. Talk about lumping....you're the king!

I think the word counts alone from my posts compared to yours means something...but I wouldn't expect someone who probably went to church instead of college to get that.

He may be....but the difference between you and he...is that you haven't started hurling personal insults at me. I didn't start it.

You didnt??? :confused:

What do ya call this???

Ahhhh...the olde "I'm right now stop talking!" approach....it's almost as effective as the "lah lah lah I can't hear you" (fingers in the ears approach.

I know you'll hate it if Libya does okay, and we don't have to send Americans to thier death over it. Misery loves company, and the right need company in their "we killed young Americans because we're stupid" club.

So I guess its OK if someone throws that kind of horse shit at ya?

Fuck you toxicmedia.... your just a typical liberal asshat. Kind of like Debra WTF Schultz.... throw an insult out there and then act like your innocent.

Ah, fawk it.... you arent worth my time.

Anyone remember how easily we defeated Sadam's army? Anyone remember when the statute of Sadam was pulled down? Anyone remember the MISSION ACCOMPLISHED banner behind Bush? Of course we do, esp the left because they love to toss it back in the right's face! However, they forget the sense of accomplishment back then (by both the right and left). We thought it was as easy as Desert Storm, but we were wrong. The struggle was just about to begin. The feeling of accomplishment was lost quickly and forgotten!

Five Years On: The man who toppled Saddam - 09 Apr 08 - YouTube

I believe that is what is happening now! The news is playing heart warming stories of the Islamic Rebels taking for Tripoli (just as they did with the fall of Sadam). They are making it like a Democratic free country will emerge! What they are not seeing is Libya, while ruled by an iron and unjust fist was relatively stable. It was a poor country, but it's citizens weren't starving or without water. It had less crime, AIDS, poverty and the HIGHEST standard of living of any country on the entire AFRICAN continent! That somewhat stable society has been dismantled. No one knows what will emerge, however, if it follows the trend of other African countries after a coup, you can expect violence, political and ethnic civil war, atrocities committed on both sided, famine, rape and a 10 fold increase in poverty. This is far from a MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! In fact, Obama should learn from Bush's blunder when declaring victory to early!

In fact, while Gaddiff was in power, Libya was NOT an Al Qaeda sanctuary and they weren't developing WMD!!! They weren't a threat to us. That could and probably will change.

Now to the rebels. We don't know who they are! We don't know if they will move in Sharia law, but there are already signals that it will be part of it's structure (much like the Taliban coming to power in Afghanistan after we helped them remove the Soviets). Who says they will be pro-american? The Ficticious country of Kosovo is far from pro-American. In fact they are a Islamic terrorist hotbed! Afghanistan worked with OBL to launch 9/11! Kuwait backstab us! Sadam was disloyal after we armed him to the teeth against Iran! So what makes you think these Libyanese rebels will be any different? In fact, the greatest amount of foreign fighters in Iraq came from the Libyanese rebel ranks! THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN FIGHTING US FOR YEARS!!!

Now to the Libyanese society. It's a tribal society. They are more loyal to their tribe than to the country (sounds like Afghanistan). Gaddiff kept them all in check. Now there is a power vacuum and their will be a power struggle! Expect ethic fighting for supremacy!

I caution libtards to scream victory too early! It can and most likely will bite you in the ARSE! It could and probably will turn into this:

Intense Fighting in Iraq - YouTube

There are currently over 20 TRIBAL groups in Libya--and I imagine each one will be fighting for the POWER to control the rest--which spells INSURGENCY.

If we haven't learned anything from these middle easterners as yet--from Iraq and Afganistan--is that we cannot WIN--the hearts and minds of these people. Most come right out of the dark ages--they are horribly uneducated as to the western modern world--and their biggest problem--is that they have never been FREE to make their own decisions.

Any proof besides righy blogs?

:eusa_doh:
If I could cite Egyptian, Yemeni, and Libyan newspapers that dispute this notion that America's invasion of Iraq in no way inspired the latest revolutions....would it be worth my time?....or would you just rather believe what the American right thinks about it?

And you know? You are probably not going to find it. Not many pro-arab commentators that want to keep working in the Middle East are going to print anything like that.

And it's a very complicated culture. Anyone who's spend any time there would know that. I've been to Turkey..and have had several friends that went to Iran and Egypt. I experienced the same things they did..even though they are all very different countries. The people were warm and welcoming. They secretly praised America.

Have you done any traveling in the region?

Heck..did you read any of the emails leaked by Manning? They confirm this stuff.

There are currently over 20 TRIBAL groups in Libya--and I imagine each one will be fighting for the POWER to control the rest--which spells INSURGENCY.

If we haven't learned anything from these middle easterners as yet--from Iraq and Afganistan--is that we cannot WIN--the hearts and minds of these people. Most come right out of the dark ages--they are horribly uneducated as to the western modern world--and their biggest problem--is that they have never been FREE to make their own decisions.

:clap2:

Obama's Libya Victory Call = Bush's "Mission Accomplished"???

If that were true, then wingnuts would have no problem with it.

You didnt??? :confused:

What do ya call this???

Ahhhh...the olde "I'm right now stop talking!" approach....it's almost as effective as the "lah lah lah I can't hear you" (fingers in the ears approach.

I know you'll hate it if Libya does okay, and we don't have to send Americans to thier death over it. Misery loves company, and the right need company in their "we killed young Americans because we're stupid" club.

So I guess its OK if someone throws that kind of horse shit at ya?

Fuck you toxicmedia.... your just a typical liberal asshat. Kind of like Debra WTF Schultz.... throw an insult out there and then act like your innocent.

Ah, fawk it.... you arent worth my time.
None of that was insults...it was what was the truth. I didn't insult you personally, I insulted the political ideology you subscribe to.

I'm a fiscal conservative, and a social libertarian. I don't watch mainstream media, or cable tv at all.

If I'm not worth your time....quit talking and spewing angry vulgarity around. Smart people don't need to swear.

Last edited:

So far the Egyptians have started going backwards opening up the border with Gaza and letting terrorists camp out in the Sinai, they keep this up they will end up like Pakistan. I pray the Libyans try to be more secular, like Turkey maybe.

Like I said before..it's not going to be pretty. But I am reasonably optimistic about Egypt.

Libya? Hmmm..

And you know? You are probably not going to find it. Not many pro-arab commentators that want to keep working in the Middle East are going to print anything like that.

And it's a very complicated culture. Anyone who's spend any time there would know that. I've been to Turkey..and have had several friends that went to Iran and Egypt. I experienced the same things they did..even though they are all very different countries. The people were warm and welcoming. They secretly praised America.

Heck..did you read any of the emails leaked by Manning? They confirm this stuff.

For the most part yes.... its those bad guys that live amoung them we have to worry about. The people are easily led b/c they have no education. Kinda sad to tell the truth.

Like I said before..it's not going to be pretty. But I am reasonably optimistic about Egypt.

Libya? Hmmm..

I don't know I think the Egyptians are letting their hate for Israel effect their judgement, they need to get their act together and clamp down on that border.

The Iraqi invasion caused Iran to vote in radicals.

The country was about to have its own youth lead revolution when Bush scared the hell out of the people of Iran and they thought they would be invaded next.

Libya? Hmmm..

I don't know I think the Egyptians are letting their hate for Israel effect their judgement, they need to get their act together and clamp down on that border.

I am scared for Isreal as well.

If I could cite Egyptian, Yemeni, and Libyan newspapers that dispute this notion that America's invasion of Iraq in no way inspired the latest revolutions....would it be worth my time?....or would you just rather believe what the American right thinks about it?

I lived in Istanbul between 2000-2004, in Kagithane Nurtepe. I traveled to Iraq, Iran, and Syria to see my Muslim wfe's family.

I've read many Yemeni and Egyptian newspapers on line, and they are filled with editorials that DO not give any credit to the US for the uprisings.

I can try to track them down again...if you'reinterested.

Libya? Hmmm..

Egypt actually has a good deal of bureaucracy set up..and a big military machine..which gets it's funding from the US.

I am sure the diplomacy is in the "give them enough rope" phase.

:lol:

Forum List

Back