Obamas "Jobs Bill" is DOA as it should be!!!!!!! Unfu***** believeable

ok lets check out what your hack site has to offer

I gave up reading. These are ALL SPENDING BILLS and most of them have NOTHING to do with creating jobs but more to do with controlling people. Besides that fact if these bills were good for our economy then why isnt Obamas closest family(BSNBC) ranting about them? Maybe because its all so far left that even their viewers would laugh? Secondly I will have to check the validity of these bills as to being actual bills voted on or tabled.

Hey coward. Let me remind what you asked for:

"LINK me to what the right blocked for the first TWO YEARS of this administration and then maybe I'll rethink my position"

You said NOTHING about them having to be ALL job bills. I think we can all agree some of those bills were silly or a waste and should never have become law. However, others, like increasing business opportunities for veterans, that's a no brainer! We should all support that. But the GOP blocked it. Didn't even allow a vote. And they did that to over 300 bills! That link was only a partial list.

We are exclusively discussing the economy here. Why the fuck would I care about a witness relocation bill? That doesnt prove the gop is blocking the recovery unless you think those criminals are going to create jobs.

idiot

Did you look at the details of the blocked Bill? How many riders were on it? Pork?

Look at it and come back and answer then.

I did. I even linked to it in this thread. I'll do it again in the hopes that this time you actually read it:

H.R. 1803 [111th]: Veterans Business Center Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

As far as I can tell, no Amendments. No riders. Nothing. Clean bill. And the GOP did not allow any discussion or voting on it.

And this is just one example.

Last Action:

Jul 29, 2009: Received in the Senate and Read twice and referred to the Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship.

Related:

See the Related Legislation page for other bills related to this one and a list of subject terms that have been applied to this bill. Sometimes the text of one bill or resolution is incorporated into another, and in those cases the original bill or resolution, as it would appear here, would seem to be abandoned.

Votes:

Jul 28, 2009: This bill passed in the House of Representatives by voice vote. A record of each representative’s position was not kept.

"When the democrats had a veto proof majoriy they couldnt even pass this garbage. Every republican will explain that to the public and this will backfire on Obama. Nothing brilliant about it. "

Veto proof majority? God you dittohead/Foxbots are ignorant loudmouths. Better go back to BS Foxspam...

I think this was brilliant.... Politics.

Really puts the clamps on the GOP. If they pass it, UE will decline, the economy will improve, and Obama gets re-elected.

If they block it (which I think part of Obama hopes they will), he takes to the streets with that information. You'll find that the kind of things you see in this bill are actually what a majority of us support; If he sells GOP obstruction tactfully, he not only gets re-elected but a bunch of GOPers and especially teabaggers get the boot next year.

Win-win. The only way he can lose is if the GOP/Fox Machine spins it better than he can. This will prove difficult, both because most of the country desires this sort of thing, and because the teabagger/anti-government/conspiracy bullshit is on its last gasp for air.

The gloves are off, and it's obvious to me from both Mr. Obama's demeanor and the lackluster response from the GOP, that both sides have a knot in their stomachs anticipating the way it develops.

Contrast it to the response to HCR - Screaming, shouting, pulling out all the stops to desecrate and destroy the bill at all costs... To this... "Well we think there's some good ideas in there... Not big on the tax cuts... Maybe we should focus on what we agree on..." Very mousy by comparison.

It'll be interesting.

Of course you Lefties do, that is all you care about, Politics. You could give a shit less about how much money he wants to spend, or that he wants to raise taxes on the American citizens to pay for this.. how high unemployment is, how high gas is, HOW HIGH food prices ARE... as long as Obama can PLAY HIS GAME..

A bunch of sad people you are. But you are NOW IN A very SMALL minority in the 40% along with Obama. so go ahead, cheer him on..

Last edited:
When the democrats had a veto proof majoriy

No matter how many times you write it, it won't change the fact there were never 60 Democrats in the 111th Senate.

I never said there were. You did however have the independents that caucused with the democrats giving them the veto proof majority. Hence you got Obamacare. Dont you think if any one piece of legislation would have been blocked by the gop it would have been that one?

"When the democrats had a veto proof majoriy they couldnt even pass this garbage. Every republican will explain that to the public and this will backfire on Obama. Nothing brilliant about it. "

Veto proof majority? God you dittohead/Foxbots are ignorant loudmouths. Better go back to BS Foxspam...

Welcome to IGNORE "again"

We are exclusively discussing the economy here.

They why did you demand "LINK me to what the right blocked for the first TWO YEARS of this administration" ? Why didn't you just ask for job bills?

Seems you don't know what you're talking about again.

Because her and I were having a conversation and "we" knew what we were talking about.

"You" jumped in the middle and were obviously clueless

this is pure campaign talk, when it doesn't pass because it is garbage he will blame the conservatives. He would not know a jobs plan if it was surgically attached to his butt.

Well suppose you enlighten us with the rights idea of a job bill.
Give it your best shot.
Since they have taken control of the House, the right wing has put forth not one single jobs bill.
:clap2:

Government needs to get the hell out of the way. Conservatives realize that we don't need a government solution to every problem. Every government "solution" has unintended consequences....Liberals want a "free" government solution for every ailment that a human can encounter. Government is not your mommy, the sooner your realize that the better off you'll be.

Did you look at the details of the blocked Bill? How many riders were on it? Pork?

I did. I even linked to it in this thread. I'll do it again in the hopes that this time you actually read it:

As far as I can tell, no Amendments. No riders. Nothing. Clean bill. And the GOP did not allow any discussion or voting on it.

If you had a clue what you were talking about, that bill passed the house on a strongly biparttisan basis--very few negative votes. In 2009 when the Republicans were at a disadvantaged minority in both the House and Senate.

It was referred to Harry Reid, Senate Majority Leader of a super majority Democratically controlled Senate where it was referred to the appropriate committee also headed of course by a Democrat. It never came out of committee and therefore was cleared at the end of that legislative period.

Had it been brought out for a vote, it almost certainly would have passed.

Now, genius, tell us again how the Republicans blocked that bill?

When the democrats had a veto proof majoriy

No matter how many times you write it, it won't change the fact there were never 60 Democrats in the 111th Senate.

I never said there were. You did however have the independents that caucused with the democrats giving them the veto proof majority. Hence you got Obamacare. Dont you think if any one piece of legislation would have been blocked by the gop it would have been that one?

Oh! So, when you said "When the democrats had a veto proof majoriy", what you ACTUALLY meant was "When the Democrats were able to caucus with Independents they had enough votes to cut off debate and have an actual vote on bills".

Why didn't you just say that?

Can anyone provide a rational, non partisan, fact based response to the question "How will Obama pay for the Jobs Bill?"

I am fresh out of faux outrage. I have some real, honest to goodness outrage - but I use that sparingly so I need to know whether to be outraged or just mildly amused at the hysteria from both sides.

TIA

He's going to pay for it over 10 years like everything else. He knows damned well, Congress even a year and a half out, isn't bound by what gets passed in this Congress.
He also knows there will be another crisis next year that he can throw money at and spread payments over another 10 years. A a matter of fact, he hopes there will be so he can buy some votes.
Seems to me that his economic policy is like the poor SOB that's still making payments on a car he scrapped 3 years ago.

I think this was brilliant.... Politics.

Really puts the clamps on the GOP. If they pass it, UE will decline, the economy will improve, and Obama gets re-elected.

If they block it (which I think part of Obama hopes they will), he takes to the streets with that information. You'll find that the kind of things you see in this bill are actually what a majority of us support; If he sells GOP obstruction tactfully, he not only gets re-elected but a bunch of GOPers and especially teabaggers get the boot next year.

Win-win. The only way he can lose is if the GOP/Fox Machine spins it better than he can. This will prove difficult, both because most of the country desires this sort of thing, and because the teabagger/anti-government/conspiracy bullshit is on its last gasp for air.

The gloves are off, and it's obvious to me from both Mr. Obama's demeanor and the lackluster response from the GOP, that both sides have a knot in their stomachs anticipating the way it develops.

Contrast it to the response to HCR - Screaming, shouting, pulling out all the stops to desecrate and destroy the bill at all costs... To this... "Well we think there's some good ideas in there... Not big on the tax cuts... Maybe we should focus on what we agree on..." Very mousy by comparison.

It'll be interesting.

When the democrats had a veto proof majoriy they couldnt even pass this garbage. Every republican will explain that to the public and this will backfire on Obama. Nothing brilliant about it. :cuckoo:

We'll find out. It's obvious - At least to me - That Ryan et al are crapping their collective pants right now.

Welcome to IGNORE "again"

Filbuster proof majority, you mean, and they had it for 5 months. Pubs have blocked everything since 1/2010. And their arguments only work for brainwashed Fox/Rush bots now. They will get killed in 2012. "Jobs, jobs, jobs" BS wont't work again. Pure BS you swallow whole...

Oh! So, when you said "When the democrats had a veto proof majoriy", what you ACTUALLY meant was "When the Democrats were able to caucus with Independents they had enough votes to cut off debate and have an actual vote on bills".

Because its common knowledge and only nimwits dont get it

Can anyone provide a rational, non partisan, fact based response to the question "How will Obama pay for the Jobs Bill?"

I am fresh out of faux outrage. I have some real, honest to goodness outrage - but I use that sparingly so I need to know whether to be outraged or just mildly amused at the hysteria from both sides.

TIA

He's going to pay for it over 10 years like everything else. He knows damned well, Congress even a year and a half out, isn't bound by what gets passed in this Congress.
He also knows there will be another crisis next year that he can throw money at and spread payments over another 10 years. A a matter of fact, he hopes there will be so he can buy some votes.
Seems to me that his economic policy is like the poor SOB that's still making payments on a car he scrapped 3 years ago.
What is it with the 'over 10 years' figure we always hear from our electeds when talking of plan implimentation? Is it a cyclical thing that has to do with elections?

Because its common knowledge and only nimwits dont get it

:clap2:

That's hysterical!

Thanks for the laugh!

If you had a clue what you were talking about, that bill passed the house on a strongly biparttisan basis--very few negative votes. In 2009 when the Republicans were at a disadvantaged minority in both the House and Senate.

It was referred to Harry Reid, Senate Majority Leader of a super majority Democratically controlled Senate where it was referred to the appropriate committee also headed of course by a Democrat. It never came out of committee and therefore was cleared at the end of that legislative period.

Had it been brought out for a vote, it almost certainly would have passed.

Now, genius, tell us again how the Republicans blocked that bill?
Precisely. I think DBS needs to change the moniker...

Yes, Obama will pay for it LATER- so the "Don't raise taxes now" is more BS. Can we wait until he actually announce the plan before going batshytte Foxcrazy?

Forum List

Back