Obamas "Jobs Bill" is DOA as it should be!!!!!!! Unfu***** believeable

I guarantee you Obama will win in 2012! I cant wait to see how you can possibly spin this...now or when he wins...again.

Nice to see, you're still stupid.

Don't know why I expected it to change, however. Haven't made up my mind if you belong on the ignore list, for fucking retarded liberals... or keep you off it, for pure entertainment value.

Who cares??? I know I don't.

I hope that was a rhetorical question.

She said the gop blocked the recovery so I was being nice and giving her a chance to prove her point before I called her on it

You must be new here.
Jillian's modus operandi is to make an outrageous statement unsupported by facts and more suitable to a 6th grade debate and then insult you if you call her on it. She has never provided a link, a shred of evidence for any of it. And she claims to be a lawyer, which seems de rigeur here for those with less than stellar debate skills.

Jillian's no lawyer.. she couldn't get past the "Name:_____________________" section of the LSAT's.

A link to a blog site that's title reads "COMMON SENSE PROGRESSIVE VALUES" is hardly noteworthy research....

Anyhoo... I'd have to see the other monstrosities that were attached to these bills. That's kinda how they do this stuff in D.C. They take a bill they want that is a pile of shit, then attach another bill that say, has funding for free infant formula for starving Inuit Indians.

Then they can cajole folks like yourself into conniptions over Republicans wanting to starve little Indian children.

Go for it.

Read The Bill: H.R. 1803 [111th] - GovTrack.us

The bill was passed in July of 2009 by the House and stopped in the Senate. It would have provided money and assistance to veterans who want to start their own small business. The GOP blocked it from even being voted on. No Amendments. No discussion. Nothing.

I wanted to post this because I trust the president and I believe he will do what he says. The way I understand it, we will find out next week how the bill will be paid for. So please don't jump to conclusions and give him a chance. However, I have to say that I have never seen anything wrong with wealthier citizens and corporations being asked to pay a little more. Most especially corporations!!!

This is what President Obama said about it today:

"The American Jobs Act is not going to add to the debt -- it’s fully paid for. I want to repeat that. It is fully paid for. It’s not going to add a dime to the deficit. Next week, I’m laying out my plan not only to pay for this jobs bill but also to bring down the deficit further. It’s a plan that lives by the same rules that families do: We’ve got to cut out things that we can’t afford to do in order to afford the things that we really need. It’s a plan that says everybody -- including the wealthiest Americans and biggest corporations -- have to pay their fair share".

Remarks by the President on the American Jobs Act | The White House

You can get lots of information from whitehouse.gov when there is something particular that you want to know.

You get what the president wants you to get from that website. The bill and its method of being paid for were released today as well as a whitehouse spokesman confirming it. What more is their to wait on? For Obama to backpedal as usual? :eusa_whistle:

Its paid for through 100% tax increases. Sad but true

STFU ya brainwashed FOXBOT. NOTHING is decided yet except for FOX's spin and what brainwashed morons think. Change the fegging channel, morons!! Goebbels would be so proud of you jackazzes...

I hope that was a rhetorical question.

She said the gop blocked the recovery so I was being nice and giving her a chance to prove her point before I called her on it

You must be new here.
Jillian's modus operandi is to make an outrageous statement unsupported by facts and more suitable to a 6th grade debate and then insult you if you call her on it. She has never provided a link, a shred of evidence for any of it. And she claims to be a lawyer, which seems de rigeur here for those with less than stellar debate skills.
She sure must have a light case load. She sure spends an inordinate amount to time on these boards.

I wanted to post this because I trust the president and I believe he will do what he says. The way I understand it, we will find out next week how the bill will be paid for. So please don't jump to conclusions and give him a chance. However, I have to say that I have never seen anything wrong with wealthier citizens and corporations being asked to pay a little more. Most especially corporations!!!

"The American Jobs Act is not going to add to the debt -- it’s fully paid for. I want to repeat that. It is fully paid for. It’s not going to add a dime to the deficit. Next week, I’m laying out my plan not only to pay for this jobs bill but also to bring down the deficit further. It’s a plan that lives by the same rules that families do: We’ve got to cut out things that we can’t afford to do in order to afford the things that we really need. It’s a plan that says everybody -- including the wealthiest Americans and biggest corporations -- have to pay their fair share".

You can get lots of information from whitehouse.gov when there is something particular that you want to know.

You get what the president wants you to get from that website. The bill and its method of being paid for were released today as well as a whitehouse spokesman confirming it. What more is their to wait on? For Obama to backpedal as usual? :eusa_whistle:

Would you provide a link for me?? Thanks.

Obama promised it would be paid for? Is this the same man who promised that Obamacare would not 'add one dime to the deficit"?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tBIAFWu648]Obama won't sign bill that raises deficit - YouTube[/ame]

And he means it!

A link to a blog site that's title reads "COMMON SENSE PROGRESSIVE VALUES" is hardly noteworthy research....

Anyhoo... I'd have to see the other monstrosities that were attached to these bills. That's kinda how they do this stuff in D.C. They take a bill they want that is a pile of shit, then attach another bill that say, has funding for free infant formula for starving Inuit Indians.

Then they can cajole folks like yourself into conniptions over Republicans wanting to starve little Indian children.

Go for it.

Read The Bill: H.R. 1803 [111th] - GovTrack.us

The bill was passed in July of 2009 by the House and stopped in the Senate. It would have provided money and assistance to veterans who want to start their own small business. The GOP blocked it from even being voted on. No Amendments. No discussion. Nothing.

How'd that happen? Republicans couldn't stop shit... see "OBAMACARE"

:lol:

LINK me to what the right blocked for the first TWO YEARS of this administration and then maybe I'll rethink my position

Crickets are a chirpin tonight!

After a 5 second Google search:

Republicans Block Bills to Help Small Business, the Disabled and Pretty Much Everything; More Bills GOP-Blocked - Please Cut the Crap!

There. I did your research for you.

ok lets check out what your hack site has to offer

H.R. 1741 -- Witness Security and Protection Grant Program Act – In yet another example of how soft Republicans really are on crime, this bill would serve to strengthen protections for witnesses for homicides and serious felonies, such as rape. Essentially, it would provide block grants to states and local law enforcement agencies to help them get up to speed regarding best practices to prevent witness intimidation or tampering. This is yet another bill that costs a whopping $20 million per year, so they can’t even hang the “fiscal responsibility” tag on it. Put simply, Democrats want to spend a quarter per year per family of four to increase the likelihood that murderers and rapists get put away in prison, and Republicans are working against that. (yep this sure looks like a jobs bill)
H.R. 1796 – Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act – This bill would establish mandatory consumer product safety standards for carbon monoxide detectors, provide grants to states to provide CO detectors for homes with low-income families, as well as buildings housing the elderly or children, and to create a public outreach program to educate people on the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning. Given that carbon monoxide is an invisible gas that causes brain damage and death, and given that CO results in nearly 15,000 emergency room visits and nearly 500 deaths every year, this bill would save lives and health care dollars every year. The total cost of this program is about $13 million over five years, or which means it would cost a family of four less than a nickel per year. Compare that to the cost of a typical emergency room visit, or losing a close friend or relative from something so preventable. . (yep another jobs bill)
H.R. 1803 -- Veterans Business Center Act – Here’s another head scratcher, to be sure. What would you say to a bill that helps veterans start their own business? It’s about perfect, right? If you don’t think so, I have two words for you; GI Bill. This bill would set up a Veterans Business Center program within the Small Business Administration, which would specialize in such programs as grants for service-disabled veterans, help them develop business plans and secure business opportunities. In other words, folks, it would create jobs and offer opportunities those who have fought in defense of our country. And the Republicans are working against it. You have to wonder; do they hate the troops more, or the unemployed?

That’s only the tip of the proverbial iceberg when it comes to Democrats helping small businesses, and Republicans blocking them. About the time they were passing the very effective stimulus plan, Democrats in the House were passing a huge number of measures designed to help folks start or maintain small businesses. Check out all of these, and remind your small business owning friends that DEMOCRATS passed these bills, and REPUBLICANS are blocking votes on them.

In addition to the measure above, there was also H.R. 1807 – Educating Entrepreneurs through Today’s Technology Act – This bill would direct the Small Business Administration to contract with tech vendors to provide assistance to small businesses to get them up to speed with regard to technology. Essentially, it would help small businesses become stronger by providing free or inexpensive technical assistance to help them compete in the current economy. Republicans working against small businesses; imagine that…

Republicans are also blocking H.R. 1834 – Native American Business Development Enhancement Act, which would create an Office of Native American Affairs within the SBA, which would assist Native Americans in starting small businesses. As a point of reference, unemployment on some Indian reservations is currently running twice the rate as elsewhere.

Republicans are also blocking H.R. 1838 – Amending Small Business Act to modify certain provisions regarding women’s business centers, which would, as it reads, make the SBA more responsive to small businesses that apply for loans and grants at women’s business centers. They are blocking H.R. 1839 – To amend the Small Business Act to improve SCORE, which is the Service Corps of Retired Executives, which provides expertise to small businesses, to make them less likely to fail, and more likely to grow and create jobs. H.R. 1842 – Expanding Entrepreneurship Act is also being held hostage by Senate Republicans. This bill would create and expand small business entrepreneurial development programs, with the specific goal of using them as a catalyst for job creation. And they are blocking H.R. 1845 -- Small Business Development Centers Modernization Act, which would give a boost to SBDCs, providing business assistance that is often relied upon by small business owners to expand revenues and create jobs.

Seriously, folks; how many small businesses are hurting right now, and how many of them know that help would be on the way, if not for their Republican buddies holding it up? Once again, folks; ALL of the above bills were pushed through by DEMOCRATS in the House, and BLOCKED by REPUBLICANS in the Senate. I know I’m writing this a lot, but sometimes you have to repeat it to make it stick.

H.R. 1824 -- Best Buddies Empowerment for People with Intellectual Disabilities Act – I’m including this one because it’s flat out mean. This bill would increase grant funding for a well-established non-profit called Best Buddies International, an organization with chapters in high schools and college campuses all over the country, that pairs volunteers with intellectually disabled individuals, to increase their ability to function independently. The more intellectually disabled individuals can take care of themselves, and pay their own way in life, the better for all of us, in a variety of ways. In other words, it’s an investment; in the long run, creating more taxpayers means the rest of us pay less. Yet, Republicans are against this.

H.R. 1875 -- End the Trade Deficit Act – This bill would establish the Emergency Trade Deficit Commission, which would look at what is causing the enormous trade deficit that is turning our economy to dust, and to consider ways to address it and fix it. Why would Republicans be against fixing the trade deficit? They’re always whining about the federal budget deficit (at least when they’re not in charge); do they not realize that the trade deficit is probably the number one cause of the budget deficit? Buy American, right?

H.R. 1879 -- National Guard Employment Protection Act – This bill would grant greater employment and reemployment rights to individuals ordered to full-time National Guard duty by the Department of Defense. Currently, these rights are limited to the first five years only, and as we all now know, sometimes Republican presidents start wars and order National Guard troops to serve beyond their contract. Guess Republican Senators are more keen on protecting such presidents than the actual troops.

H.R. 1933 – A Child Is Missing Alert and Recovery Center Act – This bill would provide coordination and guidance for law enforcement agencies, and pool their resources in order to find missing children more quickly. Once again; if this was for missing fetuses, one would have to think Republicans would be all over it. But it’s children, and they clearly do not care about them.

H.R. 2020 -- Networking and Information Technology Research and Development Act of 2009 (I suppose it would have to be “of 2011” by now, huh?)– Why does it feel as if Republicans absolutely fear science and technology? This bill would make sure this country keeps up with the rest of the world when it comes to computers and information technology. That’s all. It provides for extensive coordination of research and development in areas having “the potential for significant contributions to national economic competitiveness and for other societal benefits.” I hate to break it to you folks, but other nations are way ahead of us in many technological areas, and we can’t even figure out what to do about the concept of net neutrality. Think our cell phones are nifty? Go to Japan or Finland. If you think we’re way ahead on web development, it’s because you can only speak English. For eight years, our government sat back and tried to push us back into the dark ages. We either catch up to the rest of the world, or we falter, and fall even farther down the economic ladder. And Republicans are blocking that progress.

H.R. 2093 – Clean Coastal Environment and Public Health Act – This bill would strengthen the Clean Water Act by directing the EPA to develop better standards for monitoring and assessment of coastal waterways. It would provide for better source identification and tracking of pollution sources, and it would increase testing for pathogens. In other words, it would take better care to insure that our beaches and recreational areas are safe for our kids to play in. It would also create a “rapid-testing” method to test for contamination in the case of spills. This bill doesn’t have a lot to do with the BP oil spill, but in the wake of that disaster, one would think that monitoring the health and safety of our waterways would be a little more important. But Republicans don’t care if you and your family are healthy, do they? By the cost of this program? A whopping $40 million, or 50 cents for every family of four in the country.

H.R. 2134, -- Western Hemisphere Drug Policy Commission Act – This bill would create a Western Hemisphere Drug Policy Commission, which would evaluate our policies regarding illegal drug supply reduction and interdiction. The commission would emphasize international drug policies and programs directed at countries in the Western Hemisphere. They would essentially report on the condition of the “drug war,” and tell us what’s working, what’s not working, and what needs serious improvement. When it’s finished with its report, the commission goes away within 60 days, so it’s not like it creates another layer to the bureaucracy. The drug war is failing, and failing badly. Apparently, Republicans just don’t care about that, either.

Discovering all of this is fun, folks. So far, we have proof that Republicans don’t care about children over the age of 0, they don’t care about the elderly, they couldn’t care less about the troops once they’re finished using them as cannon fodder, they don’t care about the disabled, and they really seem to hate small business owners, and want to do all they can to block their success.

And we’re not even halfway through the list of bills. More tomorrow…

I gave up reading. These are ALL SPENDING BILLS and most of them have NOTHING to do with creating jobs but more to do with controlling people. Besides that fact if these bills were good for our economy then why isnt Obamas closest family(BSNBC) ranting about them? Maybe because its all so far left that even their viewers would laugh? Secondly I will have to check the validity of these bills as to being actual bills voted on or tabled.

Precisely. The 'Ol Potamic Two-Step...

dance-obama-01.gif

Would you provide a link for me?? Thanks.

There is a video in my op as well as a couple links scattered throughout the thread.

I think this was brilliant.... Politics.

Really puts the clamps on the GOP. If they pass it, UE will decline, the economy will improve, and Obama gets re-elected.

If they block it (which I think part of Obama hopes they will), he takes to the streets with that information. You'll find that the kind of things you see in this bill are actually what a majority of us support; If he sells GOP obstruction tactfully, he not only gets re-elected but a bunch of GOPers and especially teabaggers get the boot next year.

Win-win. The only way he can lose is if the GOP/Fox Machine spins it better than he can. This will prove difficult, both because most of the country desires this sort of thing, and because the teabagger/anti-government/conspiracy bullshit is on its last gasp for air.

The gloves are off, and it's obvious to me from both Mr. Obama's demeanor and the lackluster response from the GOP, that both sides have a knot in their stomachs anticipating the way it develops.

Contrast it to the response to HCR - Screaming, shouting, pulling out all the stops to desecrate and destroy the bill at all costs... To this... "Well we think there's some good ideas in there... Not big on the tax cuts... Maybe we should focus on what we agree on..." Very mousy by comparison.

It'll be interesting.

This President has had a "hardon" for those making over $250,000.00 since day one.These are not the so called" filthy" rich people that the President really hates but he has had it in for these folks since forever.Why is he always going after those who are trying to have a nice life for themselves.His attitude is he wants to spread the wealth around and how much does any one person really need.These 2 things defines this President at what is his central core.He doesn't want people to make what he feels is too much and if they do he will make sure they do not have it for too long.

Last edited:

I gave up reading. These are ALL SPENDING BILLS and most of them have NOTHING to do with creating jobs but more to do with controlling people. Besides that fact if these bills were good for our economy then why isnt Obamas closest family(BSNBC) ranting about them? Maybe because its all so far left that even their viewers would laugh? Secondly I will have to check the validity of these bills as to being actual bills voted on or tabled.

Hey coward. Let me remind what you asked for:

"LINK me to what the right blocked for the first TWO YEARS of this administration and then maybe I'll rethink my position"

You said NOTHING about them having to be ALL job bills. I think we can all agree some of those bills were silly or a waste and should never have become law. However, others, like increasing business opportunities for veterans, that's a no brainer! We should all support that. But the GOP blocked it. Didn't even allow a vote. And they did that to over 300 bills! That link was only a partial list.

What's wrong with Americans paying for America's success? No one got rich on a desert island. I missed the part when we changed into a third world nation because we just love being a third world nation.

"This is when the Republican Party set its trap. Meeting in closed sessions at the beginning of the Obama regime, the party of tax cuts for the rich, unfunded wars, and the largest deficit in the history of the country redefined itself. It suddenly became the party of deficit reduction through lean government joined to supreme confidence in unregulated financial and corporate markets. It even opposed the bail out of General Motors and Chrysler, though these actions stopped unemployment from reaching a dangerous tipping point, allowed the two companies time to reconstruct themselves, and enabled them to pay back the loans within two years–-creating one of the most successful bailouts in the history of Euro-American economic life." The Contemporary Condition: The Republican Pincer Machine

Let's not have tax cuts for the rich, but instead let's lower taxes for those making less than $250,000? I don't know about anyone else, but I have yet to meet an individual making under $60,000 offer ME a job in this economy. Perhaps these liberals should try working on the funds they have and CUT spending, instead of these liberal "leeches" always desiring to suck the American people dry in the form of taxes.

If Obama really cared about jobs in this country:
(1) He wouldn't have shut down NASA's space shuttle program and laid off over 30,000 Americans; including abandoning the hopes of those college students looking to go into space, science, or engineering divisions.
(2) we would be drilling for our OWN oil and not offering a moratorium in the Gulf, thereby adding more jobs in THIS country, instead of outsourcing to regions like Saudi Arabia and paying THEIR costs for the demand for oil.
(3) this administration wouldn't be looking to sue financial institutions like Bank of America, and making it even HARDER for banks to provide corporations with the loans they need to operate their businesses. If banks weren't so tightly regulated, businesses might have the resources more freely available where they can HIRE more workers.

Then again liberals can't see beyond short term solutions with gimmicks, like Cash For Clunkers, that do absolutely NOTHING to boost the economy and lower the unemployment rate. We can all see the results of the economy from the FIRST $787 Billion stimulus, yet Obama believes these same failed policies can somehow bring a different result THIS time around. Isn't this, in fact, the very definition of insanity?

Last edited:
This President has had a "hardon" for those making over $250,000.00 since day one.These are not the filthy rich people that the President really hates but he has had it in for these folks since forever.Why is he always going after those who are trying to have a nice life for themselves.His attitude is he wants to spread the wealth around and how much does any one person really need.These 2 things defines this President at what is his central core.He doesn't want people to make what he feels is too much and if they do he will make sure they do not have it for too long.
It is the Statists redefining 'millionaires'. You are correct. Is this figure arbitrary? Manipulation?

Hey coward. Let me remind what you asked for:

"LINK me to what the right blocked for the first TWO YEARS of this administration and then maybe I'll rethink my position"

You said NOTHING about them having to be ALL job bills. I think we can all agree some of those bills were silly or a waste and should never have become law. However, others, like increasing business opportunities for veterans, that's a no brainer! We should all support that. But the GOP blocked it. Didn't even allow a vote. And they did that to over 300 bills! That link was only a partial list.
Did you look at the details of the blocked Bill? How many riders were on it? Pork?

Look at it and come back and answer then.

I think this was brilliant.... Politics.

Really puts the clamps on the GOP. If they pass it, UE will decline, the economy will improve, and Obama gets re-elected.

If they block it (which I think part of Obama hopes they will), he takes to the streets with that information. You'll find that the kind of things you see in this bill are actually what a majority of us support; If he sells GOP obstruction tactfully, he not only gets re-elected but a bunch of GOPers and especially teabaggers get the boot next year.

Win-win. The only way he can lose is if the GOP/Fox Machine spins it better than he can. This will prove difficult, both because most of the country desires this sort of thing, and because the teabagger/anti-government/conspiracy bullshit is on its last gasp for air.

The gloves are off, and it's obvious to me from both Mr. Obama's demeanor and the lackluster response from the GOP, that both sides have a knot in their stomachs anticipating the way it develops.

Contrast it to the response to HCR - Screaming, shouting, pulling out all the stops to desecrate and destroy the bill at all costs... To this... "Well we think there's some good ideas in there... Not big on the tax cuts... Maybe we should focus on what we agree on..." Very mousy by comparison.

It'll be interesting.

When the democrats had a veto proof majoriy they couldnt even pass this garbage. Every republican will explain that to the public and this will backfire on Obama. Nothing brilliant about it. :cuckoo:

"Quote: Originally Posted by Grampa Murked U
Jillian are you gonna link me to a proposed bill from the first 2 years when Obama had complete control of washington that the republicans blocked from becoming law as I asked you to?

AGAIN- the Dems had filibuster proof control of the congress for FIVE MONTHS!! You're totally brainwashed. HELLOOOOO!?! Google ANYTHING not Fox, Heritage, Rev Moon, and get back to us when ypu make sense....Try "jobs bills blocked by republicans"- you want a diagram?

Did you look at the details of the blocked Bill? How many riders were on it? Pork?

Look at it and come back and answer then.

I did. I even linked to it in this thread. I'll do it again in the hopes that this time you actually read it:

H.R. 1803 [111th]: Veterans Business Center Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

As far as I can tell, no Amendments. No riders. Nothing. Clean bill. And the GOP did not allow any discussion or voting on it.

And this is just one example.

Forum List

Back