Obamas "Jobs Bill" is DOA as it should be!!!!!!! Unfu***** believeable

What's wrong with Americans paying for America's success?
America's not succeeding.
No one got rich on a desert island. I missed the part when we changed into a third world nation because we just love being a third world nation.
The left is doing their damnedest to make it happen.

and yet it was the right that crashed the economy and is blocking all means of fixing it in order to win an election next november.

kinda sad, imo.

LINK me to what the right blocked for the first TWO YEARS of this administration and then maybe I'll rethink my position

Think about his base. They don't care what he actually does, because intentions are all that matter.

The last thing he says defines reality for them. If it contradicts what he said earlier, oh well. It doesn't matter.

Your right, lets not forget this statement.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8glbYVk3WSo&feature=player_detailpage]Obama: "The LAST THING We Want to Do Is Raise Taxes During a Recession" - YouTube[/ame]

He must be looking at his want-to-do list upside down.

Naw, its just one more demonstrated example of the lack of conviction this man holds for just about anything but he keeps moving the goal posts to keep his constituency believing he actually has a clue. Their attention span apparently is pretty short and their memory worse. As long as he doesn't stay on any one point too long, he can express something different, however contradictory to what he said before, and they continue to fall all over themselves to grovel at his feet. And as long as it isn't a Republican or conservative saying it, they'll believe anything they're told.

No one got rich on a desert island. I missed the part when we changed into a third world nation because we just love being a third world nation.

and yet it was the right that crashed the economy and is blocking all means of fixing it in order to win an election next november.

kinda sad, imo.

:eusa_liar::eusa_hand:

If GOP leaders can start putting their hands on the 3rd rails of Soc. Security and medicare then the POTUS can put his on the tax increase rail. Considering how well the idea of raising taxes on the better-off has been polling, doesn't seem like a bad idea.

If GOP leaders can start putting their hands on the 3rd rails of Soc. Security and medicare then the POTUS can put his on the tax increase rail. Considering how well the idea of raising taxes on the better-off has been polling, doesn't seem like a bad idea.

Of course it seems like a good idea when those being polled arent the ones being taxed.

:cuckoo:

I saw how Fox was covering this. Change the channel, MORON.

The messenger didnt change the facts of the plan you jackass. The nuts and bolts of the plan dont change depending on which channel you watch idiot.

No, they don't, but my guess is CNN didn't cover how this was going to be paid for.

So, was the President deceiving the nation last Thursday when he said this plan was going to be fully paid for by the money that was being cut out of government spending by the "Super Committee"? I realize it is wrong to do that, but why was he so deceitful?

Immie

He can't help it. He (A) came from a broken home. He (B) has self esteem issues. He (C) was the victim of a failed abortion.

Poll: A, B or C?

Of course it seems like a good idea when those being polled arent the ones being taxed.

Cry us a river.

Jillian are you gonna link me to a proposed bill from the first 2 years when Obama had complete control of washington that the republicans blocked from becoming law as I asked you to?

Many of those employees probably fall into that 250k group. But hey no biggie lets hit them while they are down.

Uhm, what? You have no proof of that. And even if they were ALL earning over $250K, when they lose their job, then they aren't! They wouldn't be taxed at a higher level. In fact, they would benefit from Obama's job plan because the plan includes more money for the unemployed.

People making $5K/week would benefit from unemployment compensation maxing out at $350 or $400? How are they supposed to pay the mortgage on the house you dumb fuck libs have made near worthless?

This maybe the most shameful move BHO has made. First he made a big deal about speaking about his bill with a national audience, in front of all of congress, where he lectured everyone on how the bill needed to be passed right away (even though the bill didn't exist), during which time he said the bill was paid for.

He proclaimed the bill to be bipartisan, and if you don't pass it, your putting politics in front of country.

Now we come to find the POS bill (even if it didn't have tax increases) is paid for by nothing but tax increases.

We can catch this guy committing murder on tape, but liberals will blame it on Bush and tell us he's doing a good job being a moderate.

He's lucky that he's so scandalous, most people have Obama fatigue, and the press will keep protecting him.

Cry us a river.

Cry? Hell im going to celebrate this debacle all the way to the ballot box. Then we can get a potus with a clue and the jobs can come back.

I wanted to post this because I trust the president and I believe he will do what he says. The way I understand it, we will find out next week how the bill will be paid for. So please don't jump to conclusions and give him a chance. However, I have to say that I have never seen anything wrong with wealthier citizens and corporations being asked to pay a little more. Most especially corporations!!!

This is what President Obama said about it today:

"The American Jobs Act is not going to add to the debt -- it’s fully paid for. I want to repeat that. It is fully paid for. It’s not going to add a dime to the deficit. Next week, I’m laying out my plan not only to pay for this jobs bill but also to bring down the deficit further. It’s a plan that lives by the same rules that families do: We’ve got to cut out things that we can’t afford to do in order to afford the things that we really need. It’s a plan that says everybody -- including the wealthiest Americans and biggest corporations -- have to pay their fair share".

Remarks by the President on the American Jobs Act | The White House

You can get lots of information from whitehouse.gov when there is something particular that you want to know.

I wanted to post this because I trust the president and I believe he will do what he says. The way I understand it, we will find out next week how the bill will be paid for. So please don't jump to conclusions and give him a chance. However, I have to say that I have never seen anything wrong with wealthier citizens and corporations being asked to pay a little more. Most especially corporations!!!

This is what President Obama said about it today:

"The American Jobs Act is not going to add to the debt -- it’s fully paid for. I want to repeat that. It is fully paid for. It’s not going to add a dime to the deficit. Next week, I’m laying out my plan not only to pay for this jobs bill but also to bring down the deficit further. It’s a plan that lives by the same rules that families do: We’ve got to cut out things that we can’t afford to do in order to afford the things that we really need. It’s a plan that says everybody -- including the wealthiest Americans and biggest corporations -- have to pay their fair share".

Remarks by the President on the American Jobs Act | The White House

You can get lots of information from whitehouse.gov when there is something particular that you want to know.

You get what the president wants you to get from that website. The bill and its method of being paid for were released today as well as a whitehouse spokesman confirming it. What more is their to wait on? For Obama to backpedal as usual? :eusa_whistle:

Its paid for through 100% tax increases. Sad but true

kinda sad, imo.

Please, mo chara, don't use partisan crap to make a point. The 'right' did not 'crash the economy' any more than the 'left' did. It took decades of bipartisan fuck ups to crash it. That is the honest response.

Can anyone provide a rational, non partisan, fact based response to the question "How will Obama pay for the Jobs Bill?"

I am fresh out of faux outrage. I have some real, honest to goodness outrage - but I use that sparingly so I need to know whether to be outraged or just mildly amused at the hysteria from both sides.

TIA

Forum List

Back