Obamas "Jobs Bill" is DOA as it should be!!!!!!! Unfu***** believeable

Wouldn't raising taxes in order to fund this bill be paying for it? How is that lying? Oh I get it, "paying for it" can only be through cuts that you approve of. So because it doesn't fit what you like it's now a lie. Got it.

Actually no, in my humble opinion you are wrong.

I have no problem with the concept of raising taxes in order to help the economy.

I have a problem with the President telling us very clearly that his jobs plan would be paid for by using the dollars that were being cut out of spending by the "Super Committee". The Super Committee is supposed to reduce the deficit not simply reallocate spending.

If Fox and CNBC are correct, then the President flat out lied on Thursday night.

Immie

He actually said that?

Yes, he did actually say that.

He specifically mentioned that his plan would be paid for by using the $1.5 Trillion that was to be cut by the Super Committee by December. There were some ideas that I could have lived with his plan, but when he said that, I was angry. Those funds were to be cut from the budget not simply reallocated.

I really don't want to listen to the speech again, but here is a news article that I found. One thing that is different from what I heard and what is printed here is that it says, "additional" cuts. I heard from the cuts. I'm not sure which is correct, but I am pretty certain he did not say "additional".

Obama would pay for jobs plan with cuts, tax hikes - National - NewsObserver.com

President Barack Obama wants to pay for his new $450 billion jobs plan with a mixture of tax increases, spending cuts and trims to Medicare and Medicaid. He says he'll release specifics a week from Monday along with a proposal to stabilize the country's long-term debt.

The president told Congress Thursday night that he will ask a congressional supercommittee that's already charged with cutting $1.5 trillion from the deficit to find additional savings to pay for his new plan.

Now, we are being told that it will be paid for by tax increases? He lied.

Oh, and I don't know this source so shot it down if it is conservative. I don't care the spending cuts from the super committee is my beef in this regard.

Immie

Last edited:
Remember how that first stimulus package that will swell the deficit by well over a trillion after the new debt is serviced? It was supposed to create millions of shovel ready jobs. It didn't. It only managed to swell federal and state government by something over 100,000 jobs. No 'shovels' involved.

Remember all that infrastructure that was to be built and all the schools renovated with that money? That didn't happen either.

Remember this jobs bill back in March of 2010?:

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- A scaled-down, $17.6 billion jobs bill signed into law by President Obama on Thursday features a handful of benefits for business owners, but falls short of the sweeping hiring incentives President Obama and some lawmakers on Capitol Hill initially pushed for.

The bill offers employers two tax breaks for qualifying new workers hired in 2010. Companies will be exempt from paying their share of Social Security payroll taxes, normally 6.2% of a worker's wages, for any new worker who was unemployed for the prior 60 days. (Workers will still have to pay their own Social Security tax share.)

Real estate services firm owner Volley Goodman says tax breaks won't inspire him to hire: Like many in his field, he is still struggling through the downtown.

Each of those new employees retained for a full year would net the company an additional $1,000 back on its 2011 tax return, or 6.2% of the wages paid to the employee in 2010, whichever is less. Companies of any size can claim the credits, for an unlimited number of workers. The measure's estimated cost is $13 billion over 10 years.
Jobs bill offers tax breaks for hiring the unemployed - Mar. 17, 2010

Want to know how many new jobs this caper created? Not very damn many. We still continued to bleed jobs totally something over 8 million private sector jobs lost since Obama took office.

Sure employers take the tax breaks when they are offered. So do the employees. But no employer is going to hire somebody because he gets a temporary tax break. He hires the people he would have hired anyway and enjoys the tax money you paid in. I can't blame them for that.

It is absolutely insane to give tax breaks out of a program that is already gushing billions in red ink and is projected to collapse under its own weight if major reform is not done soon.

It is even more insane to believe politicians who lied about the first trillion in stimulus they forced on us and which failed to produce ANY of the promised benefits and then turn around and believe them when they tell us the current proposed 'jobs bill' (translate that 'stimulus') will actually do what the first bill did not do.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice. . . .

WTF happened to 'it's all paid for...every dime'???

lying sack of shit.

Wouldn't raising taxes in order to fund this bill be paying for it? How is that lying? Oh I get it, "paying for it" can only be through cuts that you approve of. So because it doesn't fit what you like it's now a lie. Got it.

Geezus are you fucking stupid, like there's ever been any doubt.
He proposes to raise $450B over TEN YEARS in new taxes but he wants to spend that amount RIGHT NOW. That is not a "paid for" bill. That is putting it on layaway and hoping we can pay for it later.
In Years 8 and 9 there is no telling who the president or Congress will be. The present occupants cannot bind future occupants. So no guarantee this bill will be "paid for" at all. In fact, based on history it will never be paid for.

But Art Laffer made a nice point this AM in the WSJ. We tax people if they drive too fast (tickets) so they slow down. We tax people if they cheat on their taxes so they wont (penalties).
So why are we taxing the most productive people so they will become more productive??

WTF happened to 'it's all paid for...every dime'???

lying sack of shit.

Geezus are you fucking stupid, like there's ever been any doubt.
He proposes to raise $450B over TEN YEARS in new taxes but he wants to spend that amount RIGHT NOW. That is not a "paid for" bill. That is putting it on layaway and hoping we can pay for it later.
In Years 8 and 9 there is no telling who the president or Congress will be. The present occupants cannot bind future occupants. So no guarantee this bill will be "paid for" at all. In fact, based on history it will never be paid for.

But Art Laffer made a nice point this AM in the WSJ. We tax people if they drive too fast (tickets) so they slow down. We tax people if they cheat on their taxes so they wont (penalties).
So why are we taxing the most productive people so they will become more productive??

The left doesnt care. They are like kids, I want it and I want it now!!!

this is pure campaign talk, when it doesn't pass because it is garbage he will blame the conservatives. He would not know a jobs plan if it was surgically attached to his butt.

Well suppose you enlighten us with the rights idea of a job bill.
Give it your best shot.
Since they have taken control of the House, the right wing has put forth not one single jobs bill.
:clap2:
Correct. Because the conservative knows job creation comes from the private sector. Not government programs. Not stupid stimulus crap.
Yes, the GOP has some ideas they want placed in Obama's jobs bill. Will the democrat senate allow this to happen, probably not. This gives the democrats political cover. And jobs or no jobs political cover is all that matters. As long as democrats get to keep their seats, nothing else matters.

And what happens when the private sector does not do anything to provide jobs in this country, all they look at is the bottom line and that relates to money in their pocket.
Look at the big picture and decide what is the best thing to do, nothing for the USA or something.
When the private sector moves jobs overseas because of cheap labor to exploit and environmental laws that disease the country, what is America to do about the uneven playing field that allocates the private sector.
Lower their tax base? Get real and look at something to help the USA not to hinder this country.
John Boehner ran on screaming about jobs, jobs, jobs all during the last election.
What have they done to help bring jobs to this country? Nothing.
And the age old proposition of lower taxes on corporation and the wealthy have never proven to create jobs.
:clap2:

So maybe I've missed it. Does anyone have anything to verify or refute the claims of the OP?

it's silliness. everything i've heard says the repubs know they can't just dismiss the bill out of hand. too many people are out of work. they also know there are aspects of it that they've supported.

they're saying that they are going to give the bill over to the GAO before they start to rant and rave and sound insane.

so i'm going to say the o/p is wishful thinking.... for now.

ALL this is preliminary hypotheticals Fox is spinning as fact to fear monger the sheep...Pub dupes.

Greenspan, 9/9: "If you have to raise the debt to produce jobs, DO IT!!"

The whole debt, debt, debt!, "the sky is falling" brainwash is BS. It's NOTHING compared to WWII... To avert a DEPRESSION, 400 billion is a great idea. You pay it back later. Pub dupes!! Change the gd channel! tyvm.And later. Bless your little brainwasshed save the bloated rich little selves!

Fox jumps on any preliminary talk to scare the Foxbots. Yesterday you were screaming there was no plan. Now you're screaming about one guy's idea of how it might be paid for. STFU and CHANGE THE CHANNEL, chicken little.

you stfu. Fox doesn't have ANYTHING to do with thread.

Its been anounced that his bill is proposed to be paid through TAX INCREASES 400 billion dollars worth of tax increases on anyone making over 200k a year. Essentially eliminating deductions for ....

healthcare
charity
mortgage
state and local taxes (essentially taxing you twice if this passes)

And raising gas and oil taxes (as if the damn gas wasnt expensive enough as it is)

In early 2009 when the democrats controlled BOTH houses they tried and failed to pass these increases in taxes to pay for Obamacare. Now they plan to try again and blame the gop.

All this doublespeak about taxes is making me dizzy. These very increases were also mentioned as a way to decrease our debt. Obama and his minyons seem to think tax increases are the solution to every problem. NOT ONE WORD ABOUT CUTTING SPENDING

And now word that Bank Of America is planning on firing 30,000 people in the next couple of years. So yea, lets raise all these taxes and see how much further down the rabbit hole we can fall.

The GOP better stand firm!!!

COME ON 2012

Tax Hikes to Pay for Obama's Jobs Plan - Fox News Video - Fox News
Well, there goes any chance of small business expanding and creating jobs.

This bill was supposed to create jobs, but, but, but, ohhhhhhhhhh never mind!

Man oh man, you people HAD ENOUGH yet?

You who voted for him should be ashamed. Now do the RIGHT thing in 2012 and REMOVE this idiot from office.

So maybe I've missed it. Does anyone have anything to verify or refute the claims of the OP?

There are several links throughout the thread including the one in the op with video.

The left are desperately trying to say its all BS only to look like fools because its public now. The bill and the plans to fund it were made public today around lunch time

We've already played this tune with the first stimulus. You know. The one that stimulated jack shit.

Why in the world would a supposedly intelligent man think doing the same thing a second time would have different results??

I'm beginning to wonder if Barry gives a shit.

He talks a good story but talk is cheap. Its what you do that counts.

Think about his base. They don't care what he actually does, because intentions are all that matter.

The last thing he says defines reality for them. If it contradicts what he said earlier, oh well. It doesn't matter.

We've already played this tune with the first stimulus. You know. The one that stimulated jack shit.

Why in the world would a supposedly intelligent man think doing the same thing a second time would have different results??

Think about his base. They don't care what he actually does, because intentions are all that matter.

The last thing he says defines reality for them. If it contradicts what he said earlier, oh well. It doesn't matter.

Your right, lets not forget this statement.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8glbYVk3WSo&feature=player_detailpage]Obama: "The LAST THING We Want to Do Is Raise Taxes During a Recession" - YouTube[/ame]

Man oh man, you people HAD ENOUGH yet?

You who voted for him should be ashamed. Now do the RIGHT thing in 2012 and REMOVE this idiot from office.

voting-for-obama-prove-youre-not-an-idiot-sign-2011.jpg

Your right, lets not forget this statement.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8glbYVk3WSo&feature=player_detailpage]Obama: "The LAST THING We Want to Do Is Raise Taxes During a Recession" - YouTube[/ame]

He must be looking at his want-to-do list upside down.

What's wrong with Americans paying for America's success?
America's not succeeding.
No one got rich on a desert island. I missed the part when we changed into a third world nation because we just love being a third world nation.
The left is doing their damnedest to make it happen.

and yet it was the right that crashed the economy and is blocking all means of fixing it in order to win an election next november.

kinda sad, imo.

Forum List

Back