Obama's half brother arrested on charge of marijuana possession

Obama's half brother arrested on charge of marijuana possession - CNN.com

NAIROBI, Kenya (CNN) -- George Obama, the half brother of U.S. President Barack Obama, has been arrested by Kenyan police on a charge of possession of marijuana, police said Saturday.

Inspector Augustine Mutembei, the officer in charge, said Obama was arrested on charges of possession of cannabis, known in Kenya as Bhang, and resisting arrest. He is scheduled to appear in court Monday, Mutembei said.

He is being held at Huruma police post in the capital of Nairobi.

CNN Correspondent David McKenzie talked with George Obama at the jail where he is being held. Speaking from behind bars, Obama denied the allegations.

"They took me from my home," he said, "I don't know why they are charging me."

George Obama and the president barely know each other, though they have met before. George Obama was one of the president's few close relatives who did not go to the inauguration in Washington last week.

(Continued at source...)

What is it with presidential brothers?

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Is President Obama going to smoke too? Does he smoke? C'mon Bill o' the clown, a discussion on the possibilities of what this could mean is for you!

NAIROBI, Kenya (CNN) -- George Obama, the half brother of U.S. President Barack Obama, has been arrested by Kenyan police on a charge of possession of marijuana, police said Saturday.

Inspector Augustine Mutembei, the officer in charge, said Obama was arrested on charges of possession of cannabis, known in Kenya as Bhang, and resisting arrest. He is scheduled to appear in court Monday, Mutembei said.

CNN Correspondent David McKenzie talked with George Obama at the jail where he is being held. Speaking from behind bars, Obama denied the allegations.

George Obama and the president barely know each other, though they have met before. George Obama was one of the president's few close relatives who did not go to the inauguration in Washington last week.

(Continued at source...)

Obama's brother to the cops: " Yo, you can't arrest me, son! My brother is the president of the UNITED STATES, Gee!"

Collect call to the white house from brother: " Yo man, they popped me wit' some chronic, son."
Obama: " Keep yo' head up, homie."

I can't wait to hear the comedians make jokes about this :razz:

No doubt they ll be hilarious

Obama's brother to the cops: " Yo, you can't arrest me, son! My brother is the president of the UNITED STATES, Gee!"

Collect call to the white house from brother: " Yo man, they popped me wit' some chronic, son."

Which comedian or show do you think will crack the best joke about it?

Which comedian or show do you think will crack the best joke about it?
probably Craig Ferguson or Conan. SNL besides the election stuff has been stupid!

Whoever did the art for that Obama sign in red and blue was probably suffering from mychosis at the time from taking too many shrooms.

We all know too well that Obama's family tree is not something he likes to talk about. Well except for his white grandmother and white mother.

Quite on the contrary, he has talked about it at length. Any family that does not have a few black sheep, is a work of fiction. And raising or smoking pot is hardly a crime against humanity.

We all know too well that Obama's family tree is not something he likes to talk about. Well except for his white grandmother and white mother.

Quite on the contrary, he has talked about it at length. Any family that does not have a few black sheep, is a work of fiction. And raising or smoking pot is hardly a crime against humanity.

True, but marujuana still makes people stupid. It's that simple. The only difference between weedaholics and alcoholics is that alcoholics don't usually claim drinking makes them some sort of artistic genius. Both are very damaging to your mind and body.

With that said, if the people want to legalize marijuana I'm all for it. If you want to be a dumb ass pothead, you should have the right to be a dumb ass pothead.

I quit smoking weed almost 6 years ago, best decision I ever made. Now when I am around potheads and I am sober I see how retarded people get on it.

Well Gun, I have never used pot at all, and alcohol very sparingly. However, I have found that dealing with pot heads is a lot easier than dealing with beligerant alkies. Stupid is better than violent.

The term 'burnout' has a real meaning. The residue damage done to the brain by smoking pot, though a gradual process, is pretty much irreversible. If that residue damage builds up and multiplies enough, the thought process and processing process is effected, slowed down and dummied down. Hence, a burnout is produced.

Is smoking pot less damaging personally and socially than say the alcoholic, opiate addict or crack addict? Sure, but, that does not change the ultimate end result.

It comes down to personal life choices and responsibilities.

Does smoking pot lead to more aggressive drug use and illegal activities, such as crime, doctor shopping and so on? Yes, it does.

Is this so called war on drugs a worthy effort and a productive one? No, really it isn't. Sadly it misses too many important facts, issues and factors.

Anyone who chooses to live addiction free and smoking pot is an addition, just as smoking cigarettes is, should be congratulated.

Well Gun, I have never used pot at all, and alcohol very sparingly. However, I have found that dealing with pot heads is a lot easier than dealing with beligerant alkies. Stupid is better than violent.

Not all alcoholics are beligerent. ALL chronic potheads are stupid..atleast in my experience.

Talking to a pothead is like talking to a wall almost every time.

The term 'burnout' has a real meaning. The residue damage done to the brain by smoking pot, though a gradual process, is pretty much irreversible. If that residue damage builds up and multiplies enough, the thought process and processing process is effected, slowed down and dummied down. Hence, a burnout is produced.

Is smoking pot less damaging personally and socially than say the alcoholic, opiate addict or crack addict? Sure, but, that does not change the ultimate end result.

Does smoking pot lead to more aggressive drug use and illegal activities, such as crime, doctor shopping and so on? Yes, it does.

Is this so called war on drugs a worthy effort and a productive one? No, really it isn't. Sadly it misses too many important facts, issues and factors.

Anyone who chooses to live addiction free and smoking pot is an addition, just as smoking cigarettes is, should be congratulated.

Indeed. The information on how marijuana can damage it's users is on the internet for everyone to see. Unfortunatley, potheads are either too lazy or too stupid to do the research.

Well giving the fact smoking pot is proven to slow down the process of alzheimers, I think I might take my chances. Along with the other benefits, and it also said to reproduce certain brain cells I think the whole theory of it damaging your brain is out the window.
As for cigarettes they have also proven it is not even close to being as harmful and addictive.

Indeed. The information on how marijuana can damage it's users is on the internet for everyone to see. Unfortunatley, potheads are either too lazy or too stupid to do the research.
YOu probably talk to more potheads than you realize and I know quite a few potheads who do plenty of research along with other very productive things. Many potheads learn how to hide the fact they smoke pot all the time.

but if you don't believe me!

Myth: Marijuana Kills Brain Cells. Used over time, marijuana permanently alters brain structure and function, causing memory loss, cognitive impairment, personality deterioration, and reduced productivity.

Fact: None of the medical tests currently used to detect brain damage in humans have found harm from marijuana, even from long term high-dose use. An early study reported brain damage in rhesus monkeys after six months exposure to high concentrations of marijuana smoke. In a recent, more carefully conducted study, researchers found no evidence of brain abnormality in monkeys that were forced to inhale the equivalent of four to five marijuana cigarettes every day for a year. The claim that marijuana kills brain cells is based on a speculative report dating back a quarter of a century that has never been supported by any scientific study.

Heath, R.G., et al. “Cannabis Sativa: Effects on Brain Function and Ultrastructure in Rhesus Monkeys.” Biological Psychiatry 15 (1980): 657-690.
Ali, S.F., et al. “Chronic Marijuana Smoke Exposure in the Rhesus Monkey IV: Neurochemical Effects and Comparison to Acute and Chronic Exposure to Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in Rats.” Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior 40 (1991): 677-82.
Myth: Marijuana Impairs Memory and Cognition. Under the influence of marijuana, people are unable to think rationally and intelligently. Chronic marijuana use causes permanent mental impairment.

Fact: Marijuana produces immediate, temporary changes in thoughts, perceptions, and information processing. The cognitive process most clearly affected by marijuana is short-term memory. In laboratory studies, subjects under the influence of marijuana have no trouble remembering things they learned previously. However, they display diminished capacity to learn and recall new information. This diminishment only lasts for the duration of the intoxication. There is no convincing evidence that heavy long-term marijuana use permanently impairs memory or other cognitive functions.

Myths and Facts About Marijuana

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

(Continued at source...)

Hey man, he just wanted to be an Olympian athlete.
Michael Phelps Bong Picture: Olympic Champion Caught Smoking Marijuana: UPDATED
**UPDATED February 1st, 1:30PM*** Michael Phelps has acknowledged that the photo showing him smoking marijuana from a bong is real. He released this statement:

I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again.

EARLIER: Olympic Champion Michael Phelps, who vaulted to international stardom during the 2008 Summer Olympics by winning a record eight gold medals in swimming, has been caught in a very compromising position, according to a report by the British paper News of the World.

The paper has a photo of Phelps smoking from a bong, a water pipe normally used for smoking marijuana. (View the photo here.) The alleged photo was taken at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, where Phelps was visiting a female student who he was secretly seeing. The paper's anonymous source relates that Phelps partied hard each night he was there, which is not out of keeping with other reports of the Olympian since his swimming triumphs.

News of the World also makes the very provocative claim that people representing Phelps tried to snuff out the story and offered the paper extraordinary incentives not to publish their story.

YOu probably talk to more potheads than you realize and I know quite a few potheads who do plenty of research along with other very productive things. Many potheads learn how to hide the fact they smoke pot all the time.

All you have to do is look at a pothead after they've been smoking weed all day to know it makes them stupid and lazy. You can believe whatever you want, but you don't fool anyone claiming it reproduces brain cells(fuckin' crackpot idea) or has any real benefit that's worthy of it being legalized, hippy. Like I said, legalize it..fine. But don't try to convince the general public it's got any thing to do with it being beneficial to it's users. You just want to get high, plain and simple.

Forum List

Back