Obama's gonna win in November...

believe me, I don't want it to happen...

but as things now stand, Romney's got no more chance of winning the presidential election than a coupla other decent guys who went before him... Ford in '76... Dole in '96...

moreover, if either of the far-right nut-job magnets (Santorum and Gingrich) gets the nod, the GOP will embarrassingly crash and burn just as Goldwater did in '64...

Firefly/Chiccolini....2012...

Mr. Shaman :badgrin::lol::badgrin:

I wondered what the hell ever happened to you...............

How have things been for you?? Nice place here, lots of old familiar names........:D
I think you sound familiar.....but, from where?????

301.gif

Originally from Bill Maher..... I don't recall if you were @ nutshell as well but politicalgroove & maybe rumbillvillians.............

:D

Mr. Shaman :badgrin::lol::badgrin:

I wondered what the hell ever happened to you...............

How have things been for you?? Nice place here, lots of old familiar names........:D

301.gif

Originally from Bill Maher..... I don't recall if you were @ nutshell as well but politicalgroove & maybe rumbillvillians.............

YEP!!

Maher's forum was one o' the best!!!! (...If not THE!!!)

Things are fairly loose, here....but, the Mods are more than "marginally" "conservative".​

but as things now stand, Romney's got no more chance of winning the presidential election than a coupla other decent guys who went before him... Ford in '76... Dole in '96...

moreover, if either of the far-right nut-job magnets (Santorum and Gingrich) gets the nod, the GOP will embarrassingly crash and burn just as Goldwater did in '64...

March 15, 2012

GOP; Old, White Farts

"The Republican presidential primary campaign so far hasn’t produced a nominee, but it has had one clear outcome -- worsening the GOP’s image among the young, the better-educated and the non-white.

That finding, from the Pew Research Center survey released Wednesday, could be a serious handicap for the party in elections this fall and in years to come, said Pew’s director, Andrew Kohut.

"The Republicans really are the party of white people, and especially older white people," Kohut told reporters as the poll was released. "They’ve done nothing in this campaign to make themselves be more favorably viewed" among other parts of the electorate."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_iZiNUp6Vc&feature=related]Renewed Hope: The World Reacts to an Obama Victory! - YouTube[/ame]​

moreover, if either of the far-right nut-job magnets (Santorum and Gingrich)
Great ticket: Ford/Dole.

moreover, if either of the far-right nut-job magnets (Santorum and Gingrich)
Great ticket: Ford/Dole.

Neither Ford nor Dole was running against obama who will, by the time election day rolls around, be one of the most despised presidents in history. He has already eclipsed Carter. All obama has left is he's black. It was enough last time, not so much this time.

I do think Obama will win, the GOP appears to be mid fracture. You have a huge growth of Paul supporters/libertarians and the GOP rags on them, but then wants their votes in the GE, lol. You have a massive anti Romney vote even when the news nonstop says Mitt can't be beat at this point. Even if Santorum beats Mitt that only makes it worse on Republicans because Santorum will failed horribly to gain traction with Paul supporters/libertarians AND independents. Santorum/Newt have it the worst because they would inspire Dems to vote to keep them out of office.

In the end we will just have to see. However aftere watching the Republican primaries I have no faith that votes are even counted on any level honestly so it's really a toss up.

Mid fracture? Hell, full cardiac arrest is how I would describe it.

I sure as hell cannot foresee anything other than four more years of Obama, but then I'm very pessimistic. Hopefully, I'll be wrong and a third party candidate will come in and kick some butt.

Immie

301.gif

YEP!!

Maher's forum was one o' the best!!!! (...If not THE!!!)

Things are fairly loose, here....but, the Mods are more than "marginally" "conservative".​

I see MudWhistle is here & a few others..............

Thats fine, not a problem..........

As much as I don't like it either, Santorum and Romney are bad canidates because they want to make this a religiously run country, Throwing out the constitution and all the other values of America that millions upon Millions have made sacrafices for, including their lives for someone else's freedom. And now these asswipes want to throw all of that away and start world war 3 and cause all of this go all to shit.

EVEN GEORGE BUSH IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAT WHAT THESE ASS MONKEYS COULD EVER BE! AND THATS SAYING SOMETHING!

What?? where do people get this stuff. Its said the left hates people that are not afaid to admit they are religious.

Why not be blubbering about Obamma he pulls the religion card out when it suits him.

The hysteria shows a real lack of something.

dunno. I have my own views.

But do you seriously think people who think Rush is a hero, Don't believe in evolution, and are against women rights will make it far in politics?

Unless the two gentlemen change their ways and do it quick, the results may be obvious.
And just because I feel like it, if Romney or Santorum make it to presidency, then I will post in my signature that you told me so and the link to this post will be in the signature line aswell. Go ahead and bookmark this if you wish to remind me, incase I do forget.

And I'll have it in my signature line for one full month. If neither Romney or Santorum come through, then no action is required to be taken on your part.

Fair deal?

(I'm just tired of talking and am willing to put my $$$ where my mouth is. Even if it taste bad.)

As much as I don't like it either, Santorum and Romney are bad canidates because they want to make this a religiously run country, Throwing out the constitution and all the other values of America that millions upon Millions have made sacrafices for, including their lives for someone else's freedom. And now these asswipes want to throw all of that away and start world war 3 and cause all of this go all to shit.

EVEN GEORGE BUSH IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAT WHAT THESE ASS MONKEYS COULD EVER BE! AND THATS SAYING SOMETHING!

What?? where do people get this stuff. Its said the left hates people that are not afaid to admit they are religious.

Why not be blubbering about Obamma he pulls the religion card out when it suits him.

The hysteria shows a real lack of something.

dunno. I have my own views.

But do you seriously think people who think Rush is a hero, Don't believe in evolution, and are against women rights will make it far in politics?

Unless the two gentlemen change their ways and do it quick, the results may be obvious.
And just because I feel like it, if Romney or Santorum make it to presidency, then I will post in my signature that you told me so and the link to this post will be in the signature line aswell. Go ahead and bookmark this if you wish to remind me, incase I do forget.

And I'll have it in my signature line for one full month. If neither Romney or Santorum come through, then no action is required to be taken on your part.

Fair deal?

(I'm just tired of talking and am willing to put my $$$ where my mouth is. Even if it taste bad.)

Maybe people with those viewpoints don't have a chance in politics, but if not it is for no other reason than the hatred of people on the left. A hatred that does nothing more than spread lies to defeat their opponents.

For instance your own wording:

are against women rights

Being against abortion is not being against woman's rights. Even if abortion is a "right", it is not the only right women have, yet the left is deliberately deceitful with their wording of that very phrase. Go figure.

Many on the left are opposed to the rights of free speech and freedom of religion. Using your logic and your wording, one could claim then that these people are against human rights or against Constitutional rights.

Immie

People are gonna vote with their pocketbooks in Nov.

If the economy and jobs vastly improve Barry will get his second term

If everything is still in the toilet he will get the boot and I don't think it will make any difference who the GOP runs against him. Romney or Santorum.

Just my opinioin.

People are gonna vote with their pocketbooks in Nov.

If the economy and jobs vastly improve Barry will get his second term

If everything is still in the toilet he will get the boot and I don't think it will make any difference who the GOP runs against him. Romney or Santorum.

Just my opinioin.

I suspect we will hear of a dramatically improving economy from the government and left wing blogs for the rest of the campaign. All of which will be revised come December. It is basically what they did in reverse in 2008. They talked down the economy in the months proceeding the 2008 election. They more or less talked us into this recession with their fearmongering. Then in February, they thought they could simply turn things around with a few words, remember the "it was worse than we thought" statements.

We were due for the cycle to turn. No doubt about it, but their fearmongering made things worse. It caused a damned panic in the housing market and from there total collapse of the economy. They like to blame President Bush, who did have some responsibility, there is no doubt, but they are the ones that are responsible for the depths it fell because they caused the panic.

Immie

Last edited:

i hope Obumba will lose.. not that i think whoever the GOP puts up there will be any good.. :doubt:

As long as Gingrich and Santorum continue to split the vote Romney will get the nomination the strong conservatives may not be thrilled with Romney but they like Obama even less so I believe they will support Romney and unless the economy really picks up I think the independents will break for Romney giving him the win. Of course this is all speculation on my part.

The growing narrative on Romney is he's out of touch and is unable to admit screw-ups and move on. That's going to build. His support among Republicans is terrible. Considering how far along we are, he's still only getting 38% of the vote. The people who should be his base, i.e. moderates, are turning against him because of his trying to woo the extremist base. The only support he's getting is from establishment Republicans. BTW, GOP turnout for the primaries are well below the numbers in 2008. (go look it up yourself).

The rank and file weren't too happy the last election. Romney's faux pas this far exceed McCain's. At least McCain understood foreign policy and didn't come off as an elitist snob. Some of my best friends own NASCAR/Football teams comments make him seem like a total goof.

Except if we get into it with Iran, which I don't see happening, Obama is safe. The economy and job numbers are turning his way. Hell, he saved GM and killed Bin Laden. He's got a good story to tell.

When one considers the differences between the (self) anointed one and that of the fool on the hill the differences are slim to none. However, the role government plays in one's life remains the only difference and remains the deciding factor. For those wishing for the government to wipe their ass and cover them from cradle to grave freedom is not the issue. Sad is it not, none is willing to face the reality and long term impact of reckless government spending, growth of government and impact it will have on the standard of living. It goes to show that when one is raised on a pacifier it's hard to break them the habit. But rest assure, when the dollar collapses, and it will, the people will have no one but themselves to blame.

Forum List

Back