Obama's 'Going to Violate the Constitution, Unilaterally Lift the Debt Ceiling'

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
Last night, radio host Mark Levin said that President Obama plans to unilaterally and unconstitutionally lift the debt ceiling, thereby circumventing Congress and avoiding negotiations with them. Levin also stated that President Obama plans to play the “catch me if you can, take me to the court” game by taking this unilateral action, because he will be able to get away with it by the time it reaches the Supreme Court.

“We’ve never had a president that’s spent like this ever. Ever. That’s why, in particular right now, the debt ceiling is so crucial, because there’s no other way to stop him.

“But let me be the first to tell you what he’s planning. And I was the first to tell you about this when he was planning it two summers ago and thinking about it.

“He’s going to violate the Constitution. That’s what he’s saying, right here.

“All you backbenchers out there, you can repeat this tomorrow. He’s going to violate the Constitution.

“Remember, Mr. Producer, when I discussed how they were playing with the language about whether Congress actually has the power over the debt, or whether the President can unilaterally act? Remember how I talked about that two years ago? Well that’s where he’s headed.

“He’s going to get a Justice Department – which is not a Justice Department, which is an injustice, an unjustice department – prepare a legal memorandum telling him he can violate the Constitution.

“He’s going to violate the Constitution, unilaterally lift the debt ceiling, and say ‘catch me if you can, take me to the court,’ and he figures by then maybe he’ll have another appointment or two to the Supreme Court by the time it winds its way there, or maybe John Roberts will help him out again. You never know.

“But he’s more than happy, more than happy to have 12, 18, 24 months of litigation, and by the time that’s done he will have already done what he will have already done.

“So I am telling you – it’s not a prediction. It’s reality. I’m telling you what he’s talking about right here. He’s not playing that game anymore, ladies and gentlemen, because he’s going to defy the rule of law, and on his own lift the debt ceiling.

“That’s what he’s going to do. [Senator] Schumer wants him to do it. All the Leftists want him to do it, and that’s what he’s going to do.”

Levin: Obama's 'Going to Violate the Constitution, Unilaterally Lift the Debt Ceiling' | CNS News

“We’ve never had a president that’s spent like this ever. Ever. That’s why, in particular right now, the debt ceiling is so crucial, because there’s no other way to stop him.

Isn't there a Schoolhouse Rock explaining what the branches of government do? If so, find it and review it so as to understand where spending comes from.

Last edited:
  • Banned

Isn't there a Schoolhouse Rock explaining what the branches of government do? If so, find it and review it so as to understand where spending comes from.

Isn't there a rock you crawled out from under? If so, crawl back under.

i.e. "facts don't interest me". :cool:

• Banned

Is that point... the point of the article or merely a diversion. I'm not responsible for every word that Levin says whether I agree with his overall premise or not. Is that clear enough for you or should I repeat it?

Should I defend another's error? To what end?

When you're perfect let us all know. And I re-listened to Levin and what he said is factual. How much has the Obama administration spent?

Last edited:

Is that point... the point of the article or merely a diversion. I'm not responsible for every word that Levin says whether I agree with his overall premise or not. Is that clear enough for you or should I repeat it?

When you're perfect let us all know. And I re-listened to Levin and what he said is factual. How much has the Obama administration spent?

You publicized his error without comment in the OP. If people get the wrong impression, whose fault is that?

• Banned

You publicized his error without comment in the OP. If people get the wrong impression, whose fault is that?

Their own if they can't read or view a video. What I'm responsible for impressions people get? :badgrin: Till now I had respect for you. That's over. The premise of the article is the unconstitutional raising of the debt ceiling.

If anyone is bright enough to discuss that topic then they certainly see Levin's comment in the context he meant it.

Apparently you doin't. Not my issue.

Last night, radio host Mark Levin said that President Obama plans to unilaterally and unconstitutionally lift the debt ceiling, thereby circumventing Congress and avoiding negotiations with them. Levin also stated that President Obama plans to play the “catch me if you can, take me to the court” game by taking this unilateral action, because he will be able to get away with it by the time it reaches the Supreme Court.

“But let me be the first to tell you what he’s planning. And I was the first to tell you about this when he was planning it two summers ago and thinking about it.

“All you backbenchers out there, you can repeat this tomorrow. He’s going to violate the Constitution.

“Remember, Mr. Producer, when I discussed how they were playing with the language about whether Congress actually has the power over the debt, or whether the President can unilaterally act? Remember how I talked about that two years ago? Well that’s where he’s headed.

“He’s going to get a Justice Department – which is not a Justice Department, which is an injustice, an unjustice department – prepare a legal memorandum telling him he can violate the Constitution.

“He’s going to violate the Constitution, unilaterally lift the debt ceiling, and say ‘catch me if you can, take me to the court,’ and he figures by then maybe he’ll have another appointment or two to the Supreme Court by the time it winds its way there, or maybe John Roberts will help him out again. You never know.

“But he’s more than happy, more than happy to have 12, 18, 24 months of litigation, and by the time that’s done he will have already done what he will have already done.

“So I am telling you – it’s not a prediction. It’s reality. I’m telling you what he’s talking about right here. He’s not playing that game anymore, ladies and gentlemen, because he’s going to defy the rule of law, and on his own lift the debt ceiling.

“That’s what he’s going to do. [Senator] Schumer wants him to do it. All the Leftists want him to do it, and that’s what he’s going to do.”

Levin: Obama's 'Going to Violate the Constitution, Unilaterally Lift the Debt Ceiling' | CNS News

No wonder you dopes are so fucking stupid, you listen to lying assholes who lie to you.

And you're too angry and racist to check out the fact, do some critical thinking.

You want so bad to hate President Obama, your President for the next four years, that you'll believe anything RW media tells you.

I blame inbreeding.

No wonder you dopes are so fucking stupid, you listen to lying assholes who lie to you.

And you're too angry and racist to check out the fact, do some critical thinking.

You want so bad to hate President Obama, your President for the next four years, that you'll believe anything RW media tells you.

I blame inbreeding.

That really addresses the issue...a ad hominem rant. :clap2: I guess there's no further need to discuss this...:cool:

McConnal thinks its perfectly within the constitution to do it

"McConnell now opposes the change he once advanced because it was intended as a one-time solution to the deadlock over the debt last year. Nevertheless, he pushed for a vote on it because he wanted to show that even some Democrats oppose giving the president that much authority, and he knew there was no way Democrats could garner the 60 votes typically needed for major legislation to pass the Senate."

Source: Your article. :clap2::razz::tongue::badgrin::D

I blame inbreeding.

Are you saying that it is a lie that Obama is insisting on having to not ask congress to raise the debt limit?

For if you are, then you are listening to people that lie to you...and I blame the fact that you are a consequence of inbreeding.

"McConnell now opposes the change he once advanced because it was intended as a one-time solution to the deadlock over the debt last year. Nevertheless, he pushed for a vote on it because he wanted to show that even some Democrats oppose giving the president that much authority, and he knew there was no way Democrats could garner the 60 votes typically needed for major legislation to pass the Senate."

He advanced it at 10 a.m. and then when Reid called his bluff, he had to Filibuster his own bill.

He was made to look like a complete asshole.

What a joke.

We're all laughing at YOU.:razz::razz::razz:

He advanced it at 10 a.m. and then when Reid called his bluff, he had to Filibuster his own bill.

He was made to look like a complete asshole.

What a joke.

We're all laughing at YOU.:razz::razz::razz:

Somehow even the "we" here...exclude you. :tongue::razz: Your staus as resident troll was established long ago.

He's right.

And..there is no debt ceiling in the Constitution.

It's a wholly stupid rule.

Forum List

Back