Obama's failures as President

a great campaign ad Romney should do is ask America, how much was your home worth in 2008, and how much is it worth today, 4 years later? {like do the commercial next summer}

Hands down Obama's biggest failure was his decision to tackle health care reform before dealing with the economy and rampant unemployment. For the millions of Americans who have burned their life's savings while trying to find work as Barack, Nancy and Harry used their majorities in the House and Senate to pass one of the worst pieces of legislation ever seen in this country...this Administration has done more damage than anyone could even imagine.

You'll never convince the rabid left of this.

I'll never try, Steph...I will however try my best to convince every Independent and Moderate out there that electing Barack Obama to a second term is not the thing to do if you'd like to see conditions in this country get better.

Last time they bought into the hype.

This time I hope they've finally realized that the "Emperor" has no clothes.

President Obama has accomplished more than the last two Bush's combined

you spelled 'failed' incorrectly.
.....And, you're no student of current-History.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnoPpWdlG3A]Rachel Maddow (1) 111th Congress put policy before politics - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBHK7zsz7xU]Rachel Maddow (2) 111th Congress put policy before politics - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfWpBWP8krs]Obama Takes a Victory Lap After Big Wins - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi2wZBkgJE8&feature=related]Obama Is Announce as Our 44th President Of The United States - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yr8HiQ5fKU]The world reacts to Obama's win - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxDgRr_Ynvc]Right America Feeling Wronged pt1 - YouTube[/ame]

520.gif

I love it when people defend Obama by bringing up Bush. If that is where we are setting the bar, we're completely F**ked. Bush was a disaster and a liar. Obama has been a disaster and a liar.

Back the topic at hand on Obama failures, there are more than I can really count. But for a guy who landed a peace prize, he sure is dangerously confused between peace and war.

My list of his biggest failures:

~Broke the promise to end the Iraq war as his first item in office. FAIL. Instead, we got the timetable agreed upon by the Iraqi Govt and G. Bush. I can also say confidently, that we would NOT be withdrawing if our troops would have received immunity.

A president can't magically undo the agreements and treaties from the previous president. FAIL.

~Gitmo is still open, and Obama is staring down the barrel of putting American citizens in there for alleged and vaguely written law over terrorism. DOUBLE FAIL. and complete unexcusable if he signs this into law (he will).

The generals on the ground, those people Republican love to point to as the "experts", said keeping GITMO open was a recruiting tool for al Qaeda. When Obama began to the procedure to close it, Republicans terrorized the American people saying Obama was going to let terrorists go free in American neighborhoods and backyards. Public opinion changed his mind. Thank the Republicans for that. FAIL.

~Assassinating American citizens abroad and notching it off as a victory. LOCK HIM UP!

If someone publicly declares they want to bring down the US and work to carry out terrorist attacks, they have given up their citizenship. FAIL.

~Dragging the US into a Libya war, side stepping congressional authority. So, now he is the decider? FAIL.

How many Americans died to take out terrorist Qaddafi? FAIL.

~ Shovel ready anyone, OK, maybe not so ready. FAIL

More than 100 Republican Senators and Congressmen who voted against the stimulus took hundreds of millions of dollars of stimulus money and created thousands of jobs that they took credit for. FAIL.

~Ran on a ticket to protect whistleblowers.....Bradly Manning, anyone. FAIL. DANGEROUS FAIL.

We want transparency. Secret government is bad. FAIL.

~PATRIOT Act anyone? FAIL

Where did the Patriot Act come from?FAIL

I'll leave someone else to keep knocking this man down, but this list alone is enough to be sure I'd rather vote for Gary Johnson.

The problem is right wingers keep assigning their fuck ups to this president. You need to come up with better talking points. FAIL

Republicans forced Obama to sign and expand the Patriot Act. Oh boy.

I hope you personally take more responsibility in life than you expect your beloved politicians to take.

In my opinion his biggest failure has been his continued policy of warmongering, we can say all we want about his disasters in growing spending, growing gov't and growing debt but his warmongering has directly killed people and will continue to do so.

And when people have their families and countrymen murdered, they want vengeance.

Are you asking me or telling me? Because those are your words, not mine.

Warmongering? He took out Qaddafi who had vowed to slaughter his own people. I call that "humanitarian". He was stuck with Iraq and Afghanistan. Seems most people don't understand that a president can't come into office and magically undo the damage caused by the previous president. When a president signs an agreement or treaty, the "country" is stuck with that agreement. Otherwise, who could trust us as a country? Republicans can break their word with no problem and screw over anyone without a second thought, but even a Republican president is supposed to have at least some sense of responsibility.

President Obama has accomplished more than the last two Bush's combined

you spelled 'failed' incorrectly.
.....And, you're no student of current-History.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnoPpWdlG3A]Rachel Maddow (1) 111th Congress put policy before politics - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBHK7zsz7xU]Rachel Maddow (2) 111th Congress put policy before politics - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfWpBWP8krs]Obama Takes a Victory Lap After Big Wins - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi2wZBkgJE8&feature=related]Obama Is Announce as Our 44th President Of The United States - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yr8HiQ5fKU]The world reacts to Obama's win - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxDgRr_Ynvc]Right America Feeling Wronged pt1 - YouTube[/ame]

520.gif

Republicans ran on "Jobs jobs jobs" but now say the never did. So where did "Jobs jobs jobs" come from?

The problem is right wingers keep assigning their fuck ups to this president. You need to come up with better talking points. FAIL

I hope you personally take more responsibility in life than you expect your beloved politicians to take.

In my opinion his biggest failure has been his continued policy of warmongering, we can say all we want about his disasters in growing spending, growing gov't and growing debt but his warmongering has directly killed people and will continue to do so.

And when people have their families and countrymen murdered, they want vengeance.

Warmongering? He took out Qaddafi who had vowed to slaughter his own people. I call that "humanitarian". He was stuck with Iraq and Afghanistan. Seems most people don't understand that a president can't come into office and magically undo the damage caused by the previous president. When a president signs an agreement or treaty, the "country" is stuck with that agreement. Otherwise, who could trust us as a country? Republicans can break their word with no problem and screw over anyone without a second thought, but even a Republican president is supposed to have at least some sense of responsibility.

I'm curious, Deanie...since you've railed against Bush going into Iraq to take out Saddam Hussein...why is it that you seem to have no problem with Barack Obama taking out Qaddafi in Libya? Didn't they both slaughter their own people? So why is Obama a "humanitarian" and Bush not? Or are you only OK with actions like this if we do them with bombs from afar?

Last edited:

In order to defend the U.S. we didn't need to blow up Libya, we did, he could've gotten us out of Iraq faster and saved american lives, he didn't, he could've gotten out of Afghanistan already and saved american lives, instead he increased the warmongering to the delight of democrats.

His warmongering has even been increased to us attacking Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen and god only knows what other countries Obama will strike.

Last edited:

I'm curious, Deanie...since you've railed against Bush going into Iraq to take out Saddam Hussein...why is it that you seem to have no problem with Barack Obama taking out Qaddafi in Libya? Didn't they both slaughter their own people? So why is Obama a "humanitarian" and Bush not? Or are you only OK with actions like this if we do them with bombs from afar?

Are you trying to find a consistent principle in an uber-partisan? Good luck.

Libya is the exact same thing as Iraq, at least the excuses for warmongering are the same, but you'll always find the partisans only agree with their hero they elected. The civilians who died because of these actions? Inconsequential, agreeing with your party is more important.

If Bush or Reagan were President today, do you think Iran would be building nukes and blocking the Nile River? Nile ? Right? Oh, wait, thats what Obama Supporters call it.

If Bush or Reagan were President today, do you think Iran would be building nukes and blocking the Nile River? Nile ? Right? Oh, wait, thats what Obama Supporters call it.

Good point, just look at North Korea, the reason they never got nukes was because they were terrified of Reagan and Bush.

Ah the brain of partisan, what can ya do?

I'd be one of the first to say that Obama has accomplished a lot; but i'd also be one of the first to admit that Obama has disappointed me. My biggest complaint is that he folds too easily when faced with Republican intransigence. He needs to put up more of a fight. Another, and perhaps more important, complaint is his administration's continuation of Bush policies that have, are and will continue to erode our liberties in the name of national security.
Be patient.

Obama gave Republicans every opportunity to straighten-up & fly-right.....to clean-up what they allowed to happen during the Cheney/Bush years, and they refused. They decided to go all Jr. High/John Boner/Teabagger, instead.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc]Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube[/ame]

What you're witnessing is a replay of '96!!

NO (worthwhile) Republican (who want's to have a future, in politics) will run against Obama. They know they'd get their ass kicked!! Hell....they'd be running-against a population who'd watched BUSHCO run every hu$tle (imaginable), for 8 YEARS, on this Country!!

The people who dread Obama, the most, are the 1%ers/high-roller$.....who know (from experience), that.....much like Bill Clinton's Presidency.....Obama's policies will START PAYING-OFF, during his second-term....and, the 1%ers/high-roller$ don't want ANYONE seeing THAT, again!!! You "couple" this.....with the EXPIRATION of Lil' Dumbya's tax-cuts....finally....and, you could easily see Obama's Presidency eclipsing what Bill Clinton had accomplished!!!

Think about it.

Bill Clinton gave us THE GREATEST ECONOMY THIS COUNTRY HAD EVER EXPERIENCED!!!!

Compare that to Obama pulling us outta THE WORST RECESSION SINCE THE GREAT DEPRESSION!!!!

It'll take Republicans long-after Hillary Clinton's Presidency to recover from the Obama ass-whuppin'.....and, they deserve it....after all the young people they'd sacrificed in Cheney's for-profit Iraq War.

You're a coloreful one, shaman. If lacking any real point. The war with Iran is going to go on under Obama too. it's already covertly happening and these news sanctions will only increase the hostilities. Are you simply here to prostitute yourself for obama?

What has he accomplished???

I have more accomplishments than Obama. Unfortunatley he is blocking all succsessful and wanna be succsessful Americans from pursuing their dreams !!!

Forum List

Back