Obama's failures as President

Cash for clunkers is a major disaster.

First off the only people who were able to buy the new cars were for the most part people who didn't need new cars. Then add to that the fact that the cars that were traded in weren't set aside for charity or discounted cars for the poor who actually needed cars. They were destroyed. Thus driving up used car prices that adversely affects the poor or middle class.

Investing money in electric cars that are not only NOT WANTED but owned and built by foreign nations.

Bragging about ousting Ghadaffi to protect civilians while THOUSANDS are being slaughtered in Syria.

Giving money to pals that own solar companies that go bankrupt.

Telling Brazil we want to be their best customer instead of developing our own energy plan.

Allowing the Black Panthers to go unpunished while sueing states that have voter protection in mind.

Too many more to list.....

I love it when people defend Obama by bringing up Bush. If that is where we are setting the bar, we're completely F**ked. Bush was a disaster and a liar. Obama has been a disaster and a liar.

Back the topic at hand on Obama failures, there are more than I can really count. But for a guy who landed a peace prize, he sure is dangerously confused between peace and war.

My list of his biggest failures:

~Broke the promise to end the Iraq war as his first item in office. FAIL. Instead, we got the timetable agreed upon by the Iraqi Govt and G. Bush. I can also say confidently, that we would NOT be withdrawing if our troops would have received immunity.

A president can't magically undo the agreements and treaties from the previous president. FAIL.

~Gitmo is still open, and Obama is staring down the barrel of putting American citizens in there for alleged and vaguely written law over terrorism. DOUBLE FAIL. and complete unexcusable if he signs this into law (he will).

The generals on the ground, those people Republican love to point to as the "experts", said keeping GITMO open was a recruiting tool for al Qaeda. When Obama began to the procedure to close it, Republicans terrorized the American people saying Obama was going to let terrorists go free in American neighborhoods and backyards. Public opinion changed his mind. Thank the Republicans for that. FAIL.

~Assassinating American citizens abroad and notching it off as a victory. LOCK HIM UP!

If someone publicly declares they want to bring down the US and work to carry out terrorist attacks, they have given up their citizenship. FAIL.

~Dragging the US into a Libya war, side stepping congressional authority. So, now he is the decider? FAIL.

How many Americans died to take out terrorist Qaddafi? FAIL.

~ Shovel ready anyone, OK, maybe not so ready. FAIL

More than 100 Republican Senators and Congressmen who voted against the stimulus took hundreds of millions of dollars of stimulus money and created thousands of jobs that they took credit for. FAIL.

~Ran on a ticket to protect whistleblowers.....Bradly Manning, anyone. FAIL. DANGEROUS FAIL.

We want transparency. Secret government is bad. FAIL.

~PATRIOT Act anyone? FAIL

Where did the Patriot Act come from?FAIL

I'll leave someone else to keep knocking this man down, but this list alone is enough to be sure I'd rather vote for Gary Johnson.

The problem is right wingers keep assigning their fuck ups to this president. You need to come up with better talking points. FAIL

I love it when people defend Obama by bringing up Bush. If that is where we are setting the bar, we're completely F**ked. Bush was a disaster and a liar. Obama has been a disaster and a liar.

Back the topic at hand on Obama failures, there are more than I can really count. But for a guy who landed a peace prize, he sure is dangerously confused between peace and war.

~Broke the promise to end the Iraq war as his first item in office. FAIL. Instead, we got the timetable agreed upon by the Iraqi Govt and G. Bush. I can also say confidently, that we would NOT be withdrawing if our troops would have received immunity.

A president can't magically undo the agreements and treaties from the previous president. FAIL.

Actually, yes he could have.

~Gitmo is still open, and Obama is staring down the barrel of putting American citizens in there for alleged and vaguely written law over terrorism. DOUBLE FAIL. and complete unexcusable if he signs this into law (he will).

The generals on the ground, those people Republican love to point to as the "experts", said keeping GITMO open was a recruiting tool for al Qaeda. When Obama began to the procedure to close it, Republicans terrorized the American people saying Obama was going to let terrorists go free in American neighborhoods and backyards. Public opinion changed his mind. Thank the Republicans for that. FAIL.

So, he caved in because of the republicans? Nice try.
~Assassinating American citizens abroad and notching it off as a victory. LOCK HIM UP!

If someone publicly declares they want to bring down the US and work to carry out terrorist attacks, they have given up their citizenship. FAIL.

Not according to the constitution. Not according to international law.

~Dragging the US into a Libya war, side stepping congressional authority. So, now he is the decider? FAIL.

So, as long as only innicent civilian libyans are killed, an illegal war is OK? You're twisted.

More than 100 Republican Senators and Congressmen who voted against the stimulus took hundreds of millions of dollars of stimulus money and created thousands of jobs that they took credit for. FAIL.

Blame the Republicans again. That's new.

~Ran on a ticket to protect whistleblowers.....Bradly Manning, anyone. FAIL. DANGEROUS FAIL.

this is your answer? You have issues, bud.

Who extended it, instead of letting it die? FAIL.

I'll leave someone else to keep knocking this man down, but this list alone is enough to be sure I'd rather vote for Gary Johnson.

The problem is right wingers keep assigning their fuck ups to this president. You need to come up with better talking points. FAIL

The problem is left wingers keep assigning their fuck ups to the republicans. You need to figure out WTF is going on in the world. Yours is quite small.

FAIL.

Last edited:
Hands down Obama's biggest failure was his decision to tackle health care reform before dealing with the economy and rampant unemployment. For the millions of Americans who have burned their life's savings while trying to find work as Barack, Nancy and Harry used their majorities in the House and Senate to pass one of the worst pieces of legislation ever seen in this country...this Administration has done more damage than anyone could even imagine.

Hands down Obama's biggest failure was his decision to tackle health care reform before dealing with the economy and rampant unemployment. For the millions of Americans who have burned their life's savings while trying to find work as Barack, Nancy and Harry used their majorities in the House and Senate to pass one of the worst pieces of legislation ever seen in this country...this Administration has done more damage than anyone could even imagine.

What damage would that be, specifically?

Governor Jan Brewer shed some light on what you guys have in mind. She cut funding on two previously approved operations resulting in the deaths of two young Americans.

She's a hero to conservatives.

To those of us concerned about Americans, she's a monster.

You'll never convince the rabid left of this.

For the record, I don't play party politics. This left/right paradigm is the reason we continue down this path of implosion.

I railed Bush for his policies and never voted for him.

I gave Obama the benefit of the doubt, but he has only expanded the Bush doctrine and flailed around in ignorant defeat with most of his other actions.

this country needs a major shift in course.

So all that footage of long lines stretching around government buildings (unemployment lines) that we saw in late 2009 going into 2010 didn't happen under Obama's watch? was it Joe Biden's fault?

Actually, yes he could have.

So, he caved in because of the republicans? Nice try.

Not according to the constitution. Not according to international law.

So, as long as only innicent civilian libyans are killed, an illegal war is OK? You're twisted.

Blame the Republicans again. That's new.

this is your answer? You have issues, bud.

Who extended it, instead of letting it die? FAIL.

The problem is left wingers keep assigning their fuck ups to the republicans. You need to figure out WTF is going on in the world. Yours is quite small.

FAIL.

When you have facts, it's perfectly clear. Which position do you believe can't be proven?

So all that footage of long lines stretching around government buildings (unemployment lines) that we saw in late 2009 going into 2010 didn't happen under Obama's watch? was it Joe Biden's fault?

An economy as big as the US economy doesn't fall apart overnight. You know that. Don't deny it.

It takes years of mismanagement and eating away at the foundation to bring it down.

Even all the jobs Republicans, working for the Chamber of Commerce moved to China took years.

And they have to build the infrastructure in China, including roads, railways, electricity. All that took years.

You have to build a factory over there, train the Chinese by forcing American workers to train them, or lose their unemployment. Fire people. Liquidate the assets.

You know all that. You can't possibly believe all that was done in a month. Or can you? Do you really believe that? You would have to have a brain about the size of a walnut.

Republicans forced Obama to sign and expand the Patriot Act. Oh boy.

I hope you personally take more responsibility in life than you expect your beloved politicians to take.

In my opinion his biggest failure has been his continued policy of warmongering, we can say all we want about his disasters in growing spending, growing gov't and growing debt but his warmongering has directly killed people and will continue to do so.

And when people have their families and countrymen murdered, they want vengeance.

You put even a trillion into the economy, you can create at least 10 million jobs. and so far it up to 5 Trillion,,,that 50 Million Jobs !! we only need 14 Million.

This will start us off. Feel free to add your list of Obama failures.

A Chronicle Of Obama’s Failures

Compared to President Bush, President Obama’s annual budget deficit is 7.5 percentage points worse on average. Under Obama, average monthly unemployment is 4.1 percentage points higher than unemployment under President Bush. Average monthly housing starts are 66% lower under Obama. Average annual food stamp participation has increased 63% from 22.7 million to 37.0 million. In January 2001, when President Bush took office, the monthly participation rate was 17.2 million. By January 2011, food stamp particpation reached a high of 44.2 million under President Obama.

How comical, that.....when "conservatives" had the opportunity to criticize President Obama (over these supposed issues)....EN MASSE....he proceeded to KICK THEIR (collective) ASSES!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y04g6OPLnQ]Obama Dismantles Republican Caucus Part 1 of 7 - YouTube[/ame]

529.gif

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

Under President Obama, daily crude oil prices have been 41% higher on average and the average weekly retail gasoline price has been 25% higher than prices during the Bush administration.
You really want to compare prices-at-the-pump (between Lil' Dumbya & Obama)???????

323.png

April 14, 2009

"When Enron failed, we learned that Enron, and its conspirators who used their trading engine, were able to drive the price of electricity up, some say, by as much as 300 percent on the West Coast," he added.

"Is the same thing going on right now in the oil business?" Kroft asked.

"Every Enron trader, who knew how to do these manipulations, became the most valuable employee on Wall Street," Greenberger said.

But some of them may now be looking for work. The oil bubble began to deflate early last fall when Congress threatened new regulations and federal agencies announced they were beginning major investigations."

What damage would that be, specifically?

Governor Jan Brewer shed some light on what you guys have in mind. She cut funding on two previously approved operations resulting in the deaths of two young Americans.

She's a hero to conservatives.

To those of us concerned about Americans, she's a monster.

Are you really that dense that you don't understand what's happened to the millions of people who have been unemployed for YEARS? Do you really not "get" what they've been forced to do to pay their bills? The money that many of them had saved over decades on which to retire, or send kids to college, or buy a house...is now gone because they couldn't find work and had to burn up their life's savings. Many of those people are back to square one or even worse...owe far more than they own. This ongoing recession, thanks to the policies of this clueless President, has done more damage to more people than almost any other thing I can think of and will continue to do so unless he's replaced with someone who cares about people's jobs more than a political agenda.

When Bush was President, Food costs were much lower !!! just go to Wal Mart or Publix (the main Florida Grocer} I can't believe sugar is around $3.00 a bag !!! Bush's Fault?

Forum List

Back