obama's cuba, going down to celebrate castros & to close gitmo

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
i know how this so called president's ego works, so he'll try to have/save some sort of legacy.

but we knew when he announced the trip what it was for.

public radio today said he probably wouldn't be swimming at those fabulous beaches, i don't know if fidel golfs.

Pentagon to submit Gitmo plan to Congress Tuesday

The Pentagon says it will meet Tuesday's deadline for submitting a plan to Congress to close the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay and move all the remaining prisoners, a spokesman said Monday.

"We understand that the deadline is tomorrow, and it's our intent to meet it," Navy Capt. Jeff Davis told reporters.

He noted that the plan will provide several options for closing the facility, including bringing remaining detainees to the United States, an idea that has met stiff opposition in Congress

why else would he give prisoners away after saying he couldn't hold them indefinitely without due process.

Raul Castro’s Long History of Crimes Against Humanity

Fidel Castro's greatest atrocities and crimes - Part 1 | Babalú Blog

obama in cuba will be the last display of communism in the western hemisphere. one would think hillary and bernie would want in on this.

Cuba: The Last Bastion of Communism in the Americas?

Last edited:
Yes, it's true. In order for a president to _not_ have an ego, he has to do absolutely nothing. Such are the kook standards of the ODSers.

I take that back. The ODSers do have standards, double standards, which is why none of them had any problems with Bush taking 3 times as much vacation, but all of them whimper their PC talking points about Obama playing golf.

As far as closing Gitmo goes, anyone who isn't an authoritarian bedwetter supports it. There's zero justification for the USA having an extra-constitutional prison in a foreign nation.

• Banned
Yes, it's true. In order for a president to _not_ have an ego, he has to do absolutely nothing. Such are the kook standards of the ODSers.

I take that back. The ODSers do have standards, double standards, which is why none of them had any problems with Bush taking 3 times as much vacation, but all of them whimper their PC talking points about Obama playing golf.

As far as closing Gitmo goes, anyone who isn't an authoritarian bedwetter supports it. There's zero justification for the USA having an extra-constitutional prison in a foreign nation.

1/22/09 third day in office.
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Promising to return America to the "moral high ground" in the war on terrorism, President Obama issued three executive orders Thursday to demonstrate a clean break from the Bush administration, including one requiring that the Guantanamo Bay detention facility be closed within a year.

art.sign.thu.gi.jpg

President Obama signs the order requiring that the Guantanamo Bay facility be closed within a year.

corner_wire_BL.gif

During a signing ceremony at the White House, Obama reaffirmed his inauguration pledge that the United States does not have "to continue with a false choice between our safety and our ideals."

The president said he was issuing the order to close the facility in order to "restore the standards of due process and the core constitutional values that have made this country great even in the midst of war, even in dealing with terrorism."

• Banned
maybe Bill Clinton wants to know the going rates for call girls there?
You really are an immature asshole.
i think bill is fair game, i don't think he's a good person. he and hillary are creepy, and now they're on a crusade for women, i just don't see it. they are both wind up lie dolls. they must be defeated once and for all, and the good of the country.

i think bill is fair game, i don't think he's a good person. he and hillary are creepy, and now they're on a crusade for women, i just don't see it. they are both wind up lie dolls. they must be defeated once and for all, and the good of the country.
You sound like a 12 year-old too.

The visit to Cuba is the biggest diplomatic breakthrough since Nixon visited China

Gitmo will still be a US base, just the concentration camp will be gone. Republicans have blocked Obama from closing it for seven years so Obama has been bleeding it dry. Won't be many prisoners left by the time he leaves
Hopefully, Obama will bulldoze the place

It was about time considering that Cuba is no longer a repressed country lead by a dictator named Castro.

right, because everyone is twelve. it's election season, and this is a political message board.

It was about time considering that Cuba is no longer a repressed country lead by a dictator named Castro.
i'd like to see it combined with puerto rico and usvi to become the fifty first state.
Toro won't like it because he thinks/wants Canada to be the 51st state, which it is.

We do bazZillions in trade wh commie China and no conservative cares.

Gitmo costs 1/2 a billion a year to run , "fiscal " conservatives don't care.

But cuba gets their panties all twisted ? !

i'd like to see it combined with puerto rico and usvi to become the fifty first state.
Toro won't like it because he thinks/wants Canada to be the 51st state, which it is.

And that will happen how? Or did I miss the news that Castro left the country?

right, because everyone is twelve. it's election season, and this is a political message board.
more like Hillary is getting the votes from people with the average intelligence level of an 11/12 year old girl.

Yeah, it's not like Cuba has been run into the ground by a Marxist dictator.

the whitehouse parties cost a half a billion a year to run, so does public radio, which glorifies whitehouse parties.

Last edited:

no one saw it coming.....

And that will happen how? Or did I miss the news that Castro left the country?
no bill clinton left the country, landed somewhere under sniper fire....

Forum List

Back