Rob Reich endorses Ted Cruz

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Bill Clinton's former Labor Secretary wrote a column in which he described the reasons why Ted Cruz would make a good President. Of course, Reich meant these things in a BAD way, but that doesn't change the facts. He gave four reasons for his beliefs about Cruz, and every one of them is a good reason to vote for Cruz.

My comments in italics below.

----------------------------------------------

Robert Reich (4 Reasons Ted Cruz is Even More Dangerous than...)

4 Reasons Ted Cruz is Even More Dangerous than Donald Trump.

1. Cruz is more fanatical. Sure, Trump is a bully and bigot, but he doesn’t hew to any sharp ideological line. Cruz is a fierce ideologue: He denies the existence of man-made climate change, rejects same-sex marriage, wants to abolish the Internal Revenue Service, believes the 2nd amendment guarantees everyone a right to guns. He doesn’t believe in a constitutional divide between church and state, favors the death penalty, rejects immigration reform, demands the repeal of Obamacare, and takes a strict “originalist” view of the meaning of the Constitution.
[TRANSLATION: Trump might make some liberal decisions every now and then, but we can't count on Cruz doing that. -LA]

2. Cruz is a true believer. Trump has no firm principles except making money, getting attention, and gaining power. But Cruz has spent much of his life embracing radical right economic and political views.
[TRANSLATION: Nobody's sure if Trump is a conservative, but there are no doubts about Cruz's conservatism. He's been solidly conservative all his life. How can we possibly get around him if he's elected? -LA]

3. Cruz is more disciplined and strategic. Trump is all over the place, often winging it, saying whatever pops into his mind. Cruz hews to a clear script and a carefully crafted strategy. He plays the long game (as he’s shown in Iowa).
[TRANSLATION: While we might be able to catch Trump and wring some liberal decisions out of him, that looks very unlikely for Cruz. Cruz spends a lot of time planning long campaigns to achieve consergvative programs, and I doubt we can ever divert him from that course. -LA]

4. Cruz is a loner who’s willing to destroy government institutions to get his way. Trump has spent his career using the federal government and making friends with big shots. Not Cruz. He has repeatedly led Republicans toward fiscal cliffs. In the Fall of 2013, his opposition to Obamacare led in a significant way to the shutdown of the federal government.
[TRANSLATION: Cruz has no qualms about destroying the liberal institutions we have put in place for decades, and we probably can't scare him with threat of making people think he is doing bad things. He opposes Obamacare solidly, and won't yield to our threats of shutting down the government if he continues. -LA]

Both men would be disasters for America, but Ted Cruz would be the larger disaster.
[TRANSLATION: If Cruz is elected, he is the most likely of all candidates to put solidly conservative programs in place, and eliminate any need for us liberals. That would be a disaster, at least for us liberals. -LA]

The title is such a right wing joke...lie.
Robert Reich is brilliant.

I can't speak to his intelligence. He's devious and shrewd, and utterly contemptuous of individual freedom. A vile sort of person in my estimation.

We're getting the usual denials and lies from the usual liberals.

Looks like nobody can refute the points made in the OP... again as usual.

Reich has convinced me. Ted Cruz is exactly who we need in the White House for the next 8 years, to start getting the govt straightened out. The hatred of the liberals for him, merely confirms it.

I believe it, Jimmy Carter said much the same thing when given the choice between the two:

"I think I would choose Trump," the liberal former president said to the House of Lords, when asked about the U.S. presidential race, "which may surprise some of you, but the reason is Trump has proven already that he's completely malleable. I don't think he has any fixed opinions that he would really go to the White House and fight for."

By contrast, Mr. Carter said, "Ted Cruz is not malleable. He has far right-wing policies, in my opinion, that would be pursued aggressively if and when he would become president."

Jimmy Carter: I would choose Donald Trump over Ted Cruz

Reich has convinced me. Ted Cruz is exactly who we need in the White House for the next 8 years, to start getting the govt straightened out. The hatred of the liberals for him, merely confirms it.
There is no way he can win the general election.

There is no way he can win the general election.
It's a stark indicator of how out of touch with reality the liberals are. When they describe Ted Cruz, they encourage normal Americans to vote for him, while they think they are saying bad things about him.

4. Cruz is a loner who’s willing to destroy government institutions to get his way. Trump has spent his career using the federal government and making friends with big shots. Not Cruz. He has repeatedly led Republicans toward fiscal cliffs. In the Fall of 2013, his opposition to Obamacare led in a significant way to the shutdown of the federal government.
[TRANSLATION: Cruz has no qualms about destroying the liberal institutions we have put in place for decades, and we probably can't scare him with threat of making people think he is doing bad things. He opposes Obamacare solidly, and won't yield to our threats of shutting down the government if he continues. -LA]
This is what scares the leftist fanatics the most. Someone they can't bully or wheedle or bribe into changing his convictions. And whose convictions are solidly conservative.

Such a person could lead a movement back to small government, personal responhsibilty, and charity. In a word, he would make liberals useless, no one would need them any more.

And that scares the leftists more than anything else, because they have no way to fight him. Except the usual smearing, lies, and namecalling - things most people aren't listening to any more.

Forum List

Back