Obama's Biggest Failure

Who has been taking the teeth out of any legislation that would prevent "too big to fail" from happening again?

Hint: it's not the President

He's done nothing to endorse the break-up of these institutions lately; done nothing to put it front and center in the campaign. Romney isn't talking about it either; in my opinion it was another missed opportunity of the amateurish Romney campaign.

You think a REPUBLICAN candidate would advocate breaking up the big banks????

Do you think any president would advocate that?

Who has been taking the teeth out of any legislation that would prevent "too big to fail" from happening again?

He's done nothing to endorse the break-up of these institutions lately; done nothing to put it front and center in the campaign. Romney isn't talking about it either; in my opinion it was another missed opportunity of the amateurish Romney campaign.

I hardly think that is the point. What you say is this if you are Governor Romney:

When TARP was passed with then Senator Obama's yea vote, it was needed because we had institutions that were too big to fail and they needed that influx of taxpayer money. Now what did you get for that? Higher bank fees; higher ATM fees; and the same banks that took your money are still too big to fail.

Again, as in most cases, the indictment is much more effective than the verdict.

If pressed on what he would have done; the box of Pandora is open.

--Communicated with the CEOs to keep fees low blah blah blah
--Appointed a special master to make sure that there is insulation from blah blah blah
--Certainly wouldn't have allowed the same situation to arise again...

Basically the Governor could invoke the Iran defense--they won't get a nuke with me as POTUS...just not say how.

Let's see. Who is running on the promise of deregulation? That would be Mittsy.

No, you dont get it. "Too big to fail" is the result of regulation, not deregulation.
Geezus libs are dumb.

no to big to fail is the product of companies becoming so large they would affect very large segments of society in a negative fashion if they went down.

Naturally your dumbass would get it wrong

Let's see. Who is running on the promise of deregulation? That would be Mittsy.

No, you dont get it. "Too big to fail" is the result of regulation, not deregulation.
Geezus libs are dumb.

no to big to fail is the product of companies becoming so large they would affect very large segments of society in a negative fashion if they went down.

Naturally your dumbass would get it wrong

Idiot. Banks were allowed to grow by merger by regulators. The regulators had to pass on each and every merger.
Unless you think banking was totally without regulation during the 8 Bush years.

Spending 6, trillion of borrowed money for squat.

TARP was Bush's idea. Obama voted for it and as President has done little or nothing to make sure we don't have to go through it again. If Chase or BOA or any of the other big banks were to get into trouble again; we'd be bailing them out once more as a result.

I don't mind spending the money if we have to spend it. Apparently we had to spend it but we didn't require anything in return. Unlike the poor economy, unlike the jobs situation, unlike the wars and the spending that went with them to cause the economy...this is Obama's failure.

Do you think any president would advocate that?

Since we had done something unprecedented and it was in Bush's last 3 months; he could have but since he didn't; it's Obama's fault for not standing by his vote, the $700B of our money spent to keep them afloat, etc...

Last edited:
Spending 6, trillion of borrowed money for squat.

TARP was Bush's idea. Obama voted for it and as President has done little or nothing to make sure we don't have to go through it again. If Chase or BOA or any of the other big banks were to get into trouble again; we'd be bailing them out once more as a result.

I don't mind spending the money if we have to spend it. Apparently we had to spend it but we didn't require anything in return. Unlike the poor economy, unlike the jobs situation, unlike the wars and the spending that went with them to cause the economy...this is Obama's failure.

Actually TARP was supposed to be temporary and OBama has pretty much made it permanent.

Obama's failure? I think he made a big mistake calling Republicans his enemies and putting his foot in it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3SFXQfE4kk]Obama Kicks Door Open - YouTube[/ame]

I think he made a big mistake letting Congresscritters take money out of the U. S. Treasury and putting pressure on the Treasury to pay Solyndra immediately, only to have Solyndra can 1100 workers in Fremont California overnight barely a year later.

By far, however, Obama and the Democrat-controlled House and Senate combined for a huge hit to the deficit when Obama promised to half the deficit, instead, he took it to $16 Trillion dollars.

Overspending is why he will not be President again. We just can't afford his high prices and wrongful thinking that just because there isn't a budget is not an excuse to write 5 fiats a day and take money earmarked for something else and do what he wants with it.

That would get you fired in the real world. I hope the American people do their job in November and sent Barack Obama his overdue pink slip.

ABC News is reporting that bank ATM fees and fees for checking accounts are going up.
We were sold a bill of goods that there were banks that were too big to fail--8 of these banks are US Based:
The 29 Global Banks That Are Too Big To Fail - Forbes

In TARP, according to Wiki; $245B of the $700B was handed out to the US banks that are now raising fees based on their being too big to fail.

Guess what; they're still too big to fail.

Obama voted for TARP; these institutions should be broken up. This isn't some esoteric battle of conscience; it's freakin plain as day.

Take your business to a local credit union, that's what I did, much better service.

ABC News is reporting that bank ATM fees and fees for checking accounts are going up.
We were sold a bill of goods that there were banks that were too big to fail--8 of these banks are US Based:
The 29 Global Banks That Are Too Big To Fail - Forbes

In TARP, according to Wiki; $245B of the $700B was handed out to the US banks that are now raising fees based on their being too big to fail.

Guess what; they're still too big to fail.

Obama voted for TARP; these institutions should be broken up. This isn't some esoteric battle of conscience; it's freakin plain as day.

Take your business to a local credit union, that's what I did, much better service.

I have a lot of my money in a CU.

Interesting take from a lib yesterday.... He begins with Porkulus, which was of course a gargantuan clusterfark, filled with payoffs to cronies and shocking amounts of waste. But he misses the REAL underlying mistake. Barack Obama, in the moment when he signed into law a partisan bill without even ONE Republican House vote, set the tone for the rest of his term. He sat with his thumb up his ass, while Nancy Pelosi declared "we won"... and even now he can't figure out what the hell went wrong.

The guy ran as a post-partisan, post-racial UNIFIER. The man who was going to "change the way Washington does business". Instead he gave us MORE of everything we hate about politicians. ALOT more. :eusa_shifty:

It's a subjective matter to guess on where he went wrong in terms of issues and policy. But the bottom line is that the guy is NOT who he said he was. And everything else that's gone wrong has stemmed from that.

Top 10 Things Obama Could Have Done Differently: Excessively well-sourced Obama boosters are now channeling, not just White House spin but White House self-pity. Both Ezra Klein and Jonathan Alter wonder aloud why our intelligent, conscientious, well-meaning, data-driven President is taking a “pummeling.” ”What could Obama have done?” (Klein) “What, specifically, has he done wrong .. .?” (Alter)

They’re kidding, right? There are plenty of things Obama could have done differently. Most of these mistakes were called out at the time. Here, off the top of my head, are ten things Obama could have done:

1. Not subcontracted out the details of the 2009 stimulus to interest-group-addled Congressional Democrats. Instead, he could have drawn up his own plan that relied more on large, quick payroll tax cuts rather than the ”shovel ready” infrastructure projects that, as Obama later admitted, weren’t shovel ready and (in the case of home-weatherization efforts) were delayed most of the year while bureaucrats figured out how to apply union-backed “prevailing wage” regulations.

Read more: Top 10 Things Obama Should Have Done Differently | The Daily Caller

According to Obama his biggest failure was a failure to communicate.....error, wait.....he has EVOLVED. His latest announcement to univision was that he failed to pass immigration reform as promised.

Do you suppose that evolved position had anything to do with who he was speaking to? Lol

According to Obama his biggest failure was a failure to communicate.....error, wait.....he has EVOLVED. His latest announcement to univision was that he failed to pass immigration reform as promised.

Do you suppose that evolved position had anything to do with who he was speaking to? Lol

Haven't you heard of situational marketing, Maobama perfected it.

Forum List

Back