Obama's $4 million, 17-day Hawaiian vacation

There is simply no reason for screwing with Obama on his vacations.

No reason whatsoever.

GW set the precedent with a loose set of ethics regarding presidential travel.

Not only that GW Bush got his ranch taken off the grid courtesy of tax payers and the Secret Service.

Bush did well at the expense of the taxpayers.

Who screwed him? Sounds to me like me made off like a bandit! :lol:

Mel Brooks summarized Obama in a single sentence:

"It's good to be King."

DSC00622_1.jpg

Obama's $4 million, 17-day Hawaiian vacation

I don't know. How much were GW's vacations? You are talking a diffenerent realm than us commoners. Is this out of line compared to the norm for such folks?

Look at all these people who're jealous of the top 1% now. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

$4million is peanuts in the grand scheme of things. Concentrate on the real issues with our debt.

$4million is peanuts in the grand scheme of things. Concentrate on the real issues with our debt.

Well $4 million is a bunch of dough for most of us and it is attitudes that 4 million is squatters pay that has the deficit such as it is.

George W. Bush's vacation time (grand total)

487 days at Camp David
490 days at Crawford Ranch
43 days at Kennebunkport Compound

Total: 1020 days, more than 1/3rd of his presidency. Bush set the record for most vacation time taken by president.

Carter took 79 days in 4 years.
Clinton took 152 days in 8 years.

Reagan took 335 days in 8 years.
Bush Sr. took 543 days in 4 years!

So much for the mythological Republican hard work ethic.

jonox: George W. Bush's vacation time (grand total)

Well $4 million is a bunch of dough for most of us and it is attitudes that 4 million is squatters pay that has the deficit such as it is.

It is a lot of money for the normal citizen-but considering our debt is in the trillions...it really is peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

My overall point is that this is a wedge issue for a political attack. It has nothing to do with our money being wasted. Republicans waste money in Washington just as much as the Democrats do. Focusing on these silly issues compared to the bigger problems of social security, jobs, the economy, health care, wars we're currently in, etc. just looks really petty.

Quite frankly I think it's a chest-beating thing, a way to demonize the other side, so some people feel better about their own. I highly doubt any independents will be persuaded because it cost $4million for this trip (if he simply stayed in Washington, or Chicago-it would still be expensive-he'd still get tons of security, intelligence briefings, secret service, etc. which racks up plenty of money on a day-to-day basis).

And before anyone jumps down my throat (not saying you will, but this is USMB and there are tons of people who'll box someone in based on one quote)-I don't think Obama's a good president and will not be voting for him in 2012.

Forum List

Back