Obama's $4 million, 17-day Hawaiian vacation

The President has the most dangerous job in America.

Quit whining about where and how he and his family take a vacation, you ungrateful pussies.

Astronauts have a more dangerous job. The government pay for your vacations?

There have been 44 presidents and 4 have been killed on the job.

22 American Astronauts have been killed on the job according to what I've found. I couldn't find a good number on how many astronauts there have been in the history of the program, but any number over about 250 would make it a less dangerous job than being president.

Quit whining about where and how he and his family take a vacation, you ungrateful pussies.

Astronauts have a more dangerous job. The government pay for your vacations?

There have been 44 presidents and 4 have been killed on the job.

22 American Astronauts have been killed on the job according to what I've found. I couldn't find a good number on how many astronauts there have been in the history of the program, but any number over about 250 would make it a less dangerous job than being president.

I couldn't find exact numbers either NYC. Looks to be more like 250+. Then again, we haven't been in space for over 192 years either.

Last edited:
Hussein Obama is transparent that he is spending $4M of our tax money for his pleasure.

What more do you want?

KingObamaQueenMichelleAntoinette.jpg

(Image: EIB )​

I bet soldiers on the front line would beg to differ with ya:cuckoo:

Really? What job in the military (counting all who have had that job) has, for an average duration of about 6 years,

approximately a 1 in 10 chance of being KILLED while on the job?
Tell those thousands of soldiers killed in both wars families that Obama who is protected with security 24/7 that Obama job is more dangerous!

I bet soldiers on the front line would beg to differ with ya:cuckoo:

Where are the front lines in America? You must be thinking about the most dangerous job in Afghanistan.
FUCKING MORON just because they are fighting overseas doesnt make it a non american job!!!

Crab fishing is more dangerous then being president. there are very few crab fisherman and there is always someone dying out there

Hussein Obama is transparent that he is spending $4M of our tax money for his pleasure.

What more do you want?

Unlike all previous Presidents. He truly is evil. We all know the reason he travels with such a big security detail is just because he hates the U.S. and wants to spend as much money possible and only from the middle class because we all know the rich don't pay taxes and there's nothing we can do about it.

What more do you want?

Unlike all previous Presidents. He truly is evil. We all know the reason he travels with such a big security detail is just because he hates the U.S. and wants to spend as much money possible and only from the middle class because we all know the rich don't pay taxes and there's nothing we can do about it.

doesn't the way the loser refers to the president tell you all you need to know about the way he [doesn't] think.

just another wacko

President Obama promised not to take vacations?

Lol
Where on Earth does the right get this idiocy, it’s a miracle the echo chamber doesn’t give them all brain tumors.

White House press secretary Jay Carney said he doesn't think the public begrudges the president a break to recharge and spend time with his family. Besides, Carney noted that the president is never really off-duty since White House advisers go with him and he still receives regular briefings on national security, the economy and other matters.

"The presidency travels with you," said Carney

Obama's dilemma: Should he take a vacation now? - Yahoo! News

And, needless to say, should Obama refrain from taking a 'vacation,' he’d still get flack from the right about how it’s just political posturing, or he’s neglecting his children, or some such rot.

The issue is not that he is taking a vacation. The issue is that he has a 4 million dollar entourage!

BTW: Who's covering as president while he is on 'vacation?'

I'm not certain why anyone here is shocked.

US Senator Obama won the US Presidency.

Does anyone expect a US Congressman or Senator to give a fuck about spending $4 million on a boondoggle?

Shit, $4M doesn't even show up on these guys' radar as anything but pocket change after they've spent TRILLION$.

What more do you want?

GW Bush was away from the white house for almost 3 years in Crawford,Texas....

How much did that cost per trip?

After 31 months as President, George W. Bush had already taken 180 days at his ranch in Texas and Ronald Reagan had already taken 112 days at his California ranch. But George W. Bush spent more time away from the White House than most presidents. He attended 98 sporting events throughout his presidency, and only 49 cabinet meetings.

He visited Camp David and his Texas ranch 226 times, for a total of 977 days. For almost 3 of his 8 years as President, Bush was on vacation. And keep in mind that during these eight years, America was involved in two wars and had a high terror alert. I don’t remember conservatives criticizing Bush when he went on vacation.

To be fair, President Obama has taken more vacation days than Clinton had at the same point. Clinton had only taken 28 vacation days during his first 31 months.

What most people need to understand is that a vacation away from the White House, isn’t like a normal vacation to the rest of us. The office follows the President wherever he goes. He is constantly updated by advisers and assistants and can be back in Washington quickly in the case of an emergency via Air Force One.

Is The Presidents’ 10 Day Vacation Out of Line? | Addicting Info

GW Bush was away from the white house for almost 3 years in Crawford,Texas....

How much did that cost per trip?

After 31 months as President, George W. Bush had already taken 180 days at his ranch in Texas and Ronald Reagan had already taken 112 days at his California ranch. But George W. Bush spent more time away from the White House than most presidents. He attended 98 sporting events throughout his presidency, and only 49 cabinet meetings.

He visited Camp David and his Texas ranch 226 times, for a total of 977 days. For almost 3 of his 8 years as President, Bush was on vacation. And keep in mind that during these eight years, America was involved in two wars and had a high terror alert. I don’t remember conservatives criticizing Bush when he went on vacation.

To be fair, President Obama has taken more vacation days than Clinton had at the same point. Clinton had only taken 28 vacation days during his first 31 months.

What most people need to understand is that a vacation away from the White House, isn’t like a normal vacation to the rest of us. The office follows the President wherever he goes. He is constantly updated by advisers and assistants and can be back in Washington quickly in the case of an emergency via Air Force One.

Is The Presidents’ 10 Day Vacation Out of Line? | Addicting Info

That is NOT what I asked. It's not like we are paying a substitute to be president. Each of them is president whether they are at home or at the White House. The issue here is the COST OF THE TRIP! What did the trips that Bush took cost?

Bush Spent 5 Times More On Flights To Texas Than Obama‘s Christmas Vacation Costs
by Jason Easley

Those who criticize the cost of Obama’s Christmas vacation don’t want you to know that George W. Bush spent at least $20 million taxpayer dollars just on flights to his ranch in Crawford.

The right wing has been outraged at the four million dollar plus price tag for Obama’s family Christmas vacation, and they constantly hold George W. Bush up as an example of how thrifty a president should be when going on vacation.

The problem is that W. wasn’t thrifty. He was the most expensive vacation president in US history. Not only did Bush spend more days on vacation than any other president, but he used Air Force One more often while on vacation than any other president.

During Bush’s two terms, the cost of operating Air Force One ranged from $56,800 to $68,000 an hour. Bush used Air Force One 77 times to go to his ranch in Crawford, TX. Using the low end cost of $56,800, Media Matters calculated that each trip to Crawford cost taxpayers $259,687 each time, and $20 million total for Bush’s ranch flights.

ANOTHER Right Wing Slander Debunked: Presidential Vacation Costs - Page 3

Last edited:
The vacation was at least cheaper than when the turd in chief took Michelle Antoinette on that African safari that her whole family enjoyed at our expense.

There is simply no reason for screwing with Obama on his vacations.

No reason whatsoever.

GW set the precedent with a loose set of ethics regarding presidential travel.

Not only that GW Bush got his ranch taken off the grid courtesy of tax payers and the Secret Service.

Bush did well at the expense of the taxpayers.

Last edited:
Your guy was worse is really a bad argument. I was unaware we paid Bush for staying at his own ranch. Oh wait, we didn't.

There is simply no reason for screwing with Obama on his vacations.

No reason whatsoever.

GW set the precedent with a loose set of ethics regarding presidential travel.

Not only that GW Bush got his ranch taken off the grid courtesy of tax payers and the Secret Service.

Bush did well at the expense of the taxpayers.
DrudgeReportArchives
Executive Order 13589 -- Promoting Efficient Spending

EXECUTIVE ORDER

PROMOTING EFFICIENT SPENDING

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and in order to further promote efficient spending in the Federal Government, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Policy. My Administration is committed to cutting waste in Federal Government spending and identifying opportunities to promote efficient and effective spending. The Federal Government performs critical functions that support the basic protections that Americans have counted on for decades. As they serve taxpayers, executive departments and agencies (agencies) also must act in a fiscally responsible manner, including by minimizing their costs, in order to perform these mission critical functions in the most efficient, cost effective way. As such, I have pursued an aggressive agenda for reducing administrative costs since taking office and, most recently, within my Fiscal Year 2012 Budget. Building on this effort, I direct agency heads to take even more aggressive steps to ensure the Government is a good steward of taxpayer money.​

Guess that doesn't apply to him.

Bush Spent 5 Times More On Flights To Texas Than Obama‘s Christmas Vacation Costs
by Jason Easley

Those who criticize the cost of Obama’s Christmas vacation don’t want you to know that George W. Bush spent at least $20 million taxpayer dollars just on flights to his ranch in Crawford.

The right wing has been outraged at the four million dollar plus price tag for Obama’s family Christmas vacation, and they constantly hold George W. Bush up as an example of how thrifty a president should be when going on vacation.

The problem is that W. wasn’t thrifty. He was the most expensive vacation president in US history. Not only did Bush spend more days on vacation than any other president, but he used Air Force One more often while on vacation than any other president.

During Bush’s two terms, the cost of operating Air Force One ranged from $56,800 to $68,000 an hour. Bush used Air Force One 77 times to go to his ranch in Crawford, TX. Using the low end cost of $56,800, Media Matters calculated that each trip to Crawford cost taxpayers $259,687 each time, and $20 million total for Bush’s ranch flights.

ANOTHER Right Wing Slander Debunked: Presidential Vacation Costs - Page 3

Where are your links. Or did you just use a divining rod?

Forum List

Back