Obamagate. This is getting ugly.

^ This man knows what he's talking about.

JC doesn't even use the proper industry vocabulary.

I don't fault somebody for not knowing the industry jargon. But he's clueless about his own telephone line. Going back a long time, the Racal Milgo 4 wire modems, all of 19.2 K baud, needed two telephone lines. So he's stuck in the 1980's.

That's an old data circuit. Those were used mostly for off site monitoring of equipment.
Railroads used alot of them. They had to be manually aligned by sending tone across the circuit.
guess you haven't heard of fiber to the curb. that's ok.

I don't fault somebody for not knowing the industry jargon. But he's clueless about his own telephone line. Going back a long time, the Racal Milgo 4 wire modems, all of 19.2 K baud, needed two telephone lines. So he's stuck in the 1980's.

That's an old data circuit. Those were used mostly for off site monitoring of equipment.
Railroads used alot of them. They had to be manually aligned by sending tone across the circuit.

I used to install and provision key and PBX systems that were fed from fiber terminals all of the time. Fiber doesn't carry dial tone either. It carries data.

I used to install and provision key and PBX systems that were fed from fiber terminals all of the time. Fiber doesn't carry dial tone either. It carries data.
It carries wavelengths that converts to electrical.

So tell me where you think the spies listen in at?

Today the NSA probably taps into the signals right where the fiber gets converted from light to electrical signals. And then they use their own equipment to separate out the individual channels, so in theory they could listen to only one side of the conversation. But since they don't know whos on the other end, might be an American, might be a foreigner, they would record both sides of the conversation, and sort it out later. And when I say record, I mean doing a data capture of hundreds or thousands of phone calls. Humans don't even listen to the calls unless the computer software identifies it as a potential source of intelligence. It's all just vacuumed up and stored for future use.

No matter how it goes from central office to central office, whether by fiber, copper, sub atlantic cable, microwave or satellite, once it goes through the electronics, its converted to a two wire bi-directional signal that goes to the subscribers telephone.

No matter how it goes from central office to central office, whether by fiber, copper, sub atlantic cable, microwave or satellite, once it goes through the electronics, its converted to a two wire bi-directional signal that goes to the subscribers telephone.
yep, and where do they monitor is the question, two wire ckts are subject to echo, adding a tap will interfere there. So again, where do you supposed they monitor the calls? Oh and BTW, most likely there are many lines that come into a building ahead of a PBX or switch on site. so are they monitoring all of the lines?

It carries wavelengths that converts to electrical.

It carries wavelengths that converts to electrical
:laugh2:

I told you.
From the switch. The numbers are routed off site where they are connected to whatever monitoring equipment they use. Do you envision a reel to reel tape recorder hanging in the target's telco closet?
It's simple technology that's really no different than customer service systems that records or monitors calls.

Last edited:
yep, and where do they monitor is the question, two wire ckts are subject to echo, adding a tap will interfere there. So again, where do you supposed they monitor the calls? Oh and BTW, most likely there are many lines that come into a building ahead of a PBX or switch on site. so are they monitoring all of the lines?

In the case of the Russian embassy, YES.

Today the NSA probably taps into the signals right where the fiber gets converted from light to electrical signals. And then they use their own equipment to separate out the individual channels, so in theory they could listen to only one side of the conversation. But since they don't know whos on the other end, might be an American, might be a foreigner, they would record both sides of the conversation, and sort it out later. And when I say record, I mean doing a data capture of hundreds or thousands of phone calls. Humans don't even listen to the calls unless the computer software identifies it as a potential source of intelligence. It's all just vacuumed up and stored for future use.

Actually you can tap directly in to a fiber line. You cut it, and then splice in a converter, and then capture and release the signal. No one even knows they are being tapped.

The Splice can be concealed after the 'Tapper' is done with his work.

You are just temporarily routing the signal to a converter to capture the data, and then sending the data back out on it's way to the original destination.

This is why they are called wire taps. You are literally tapping in to the line. When the lines were copper, the exact same thing was done, only with copper being cut, a converter and capture device being spliced in, and then the signal still reached it's destination.

Copper does not have to be necessarily cut though. You can use a reader and isolate it on the line you are monitoring. Some of the older "readers" required you skin back the insulation and made contact with the copper, but that doesn't need to be done anymore.

Copper is still tapped, because there are still copper lines in The US.

Fiber and microwave interceptors are more common now.

Last edited:
Actually you can tap directly in to a fiber line. You cut it, and then splice in a converter, and then capture and release the signal. No one even knows they are being tapped.

There's an even less intrusive way. Cutting and splicing means they lose the connection while you're tapping in. But by stripping the outside of the fiber optics sheath, and putting a bend in the glass fiber, it causes it to leak a small amount of the signal, which can be picked up by a non-intrusive tap. This way nobody is the wiser. They can do it domestically, they can do it anywhere.

That's not even necessary. The lines to be monitored can easily be built into a single trunk in the switch that can be routed to any address.
It's no different than a business that has the same trunk line and numbers at two different addresses.

That's not even necessary. The lines to be monitored can easily be built into a single trunk in the switch that can be routed to any address.
It's no different than a business that has the same trunk line and numbers at two different addresses.

The NSA uses a variety of methods, all basically tap into the communication lines, and extract all the data flowing across the network, and then use computers to selectively filter out the lines they wish to monitor for a domestic wiretap. For foreign wiretaps, they just collect everything and sort through it later.

I am not saying there aren't different methods, there are. In some cased you cannot get access to some things, an actual tap can work.
What I was trying to inform people on is that lines are still "physically tapped."

There are many ways to spy on people, but I was talking about actual "taps" Someone made a comment that they thought you could not tap Fiber.
Yes you can, and it's easy with the right equipment.

It is pretty much beyond a doubt that Obama's spooks spied on Trump. The only question is whether there are any US citizens who didn't get spied on.

You don't believe the Obama Administration engaged in surveillance on Trump's Campaign? Because it looks like it did happen. I mean a sitting Presdent ordering surveillance on the opposition's Candidate for President, is a pretty big deal. Very disturbing. If proven true, it's Watergate ten-fold. It would represent a shockingly brazen attack on our Democracy.
It doesn't look that way at all, dope.

How exactly then did The Washington Post get a verbatim transcript of Flynn's conversations in Trump Tower?
How was The FBI able to review this information and determine Flynn did nothing wrong?
FBI reviewed Flynn’s calls with Russian ambassador but found nothing illicit
OMFG!
Are you really this retarded?

The communications of Russian officials are monitored.

If you call them, your communications with them then are part of that monitoring.

From your own link:

"The calls were picked up as part of routine electronic surveillance of Russian officials and agents in the United States, which is one of the FBI’s responsibilities, according to the U.S. officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss counterintelligence operations."

Dope.

Americans are protected from such Wiretapping and spying even if they are not the target of such wiretapping and spying.
So a FELONY was committed by releasing this information to The Washington Post.

And remember Clapper said there was no wire tapping at Trump Tower, which is where The Flynn Conversation took place.

He also said there was no evidence whatsoever of Russians and the Trump Campaign colluding to impact the election. Do you believe either statement?

Here is how Obama, The DNC, and The Clinton Campaign set this all up.

• Fake Russian Hacking Story of The DNC Server.
  • That Lie was used to justify wire tapping of The Trump Campaign.
  • Once a Wire Tap was installed, Obama would send Russian Ambassador Kislyak to The Targets.
Kislyak met with Obama 22 times during Clinton's campaign, and also met with Hillary Clinton numerous times. Each time after meeting with Obama or Clinton he attempted to meet with as many members of The Trump team as he could and was directed to do so by The Obama Regime, after the wire taps were installed. They even spied on Sessions.

It matters not that each target conducted themselves with honor, and did nothing illicit or illegal.
The entire purpose of the illegal wire taps were to undermine and discredit as many Trump Campaign Staff Members as they could.

This is The Biggest Scandal in US History. It is Watergate on Steroids.

The Obama Administration, DNC, & The Clinton Campaign were working with Russia to impact and affect US Elections!

The Dems always accuse others of what they themselves are doing in the shadows. And it's about time America woke up to their seditious and evil ways before they put America and our intelligence community in serious danger, if they haven't already compromised it severely enough.

And remember Clapper said there was no wire tapping at Trump Tower, which is where The Flynn Conversation took place.

You do understand how telephones work, don't you?

I'm able to call any number in the world from any other number from anywhere in the world.

I agree Trump may have misspoke on the Trump Tower Wiretap claim. However, i do feel there was likely 'some type of surveillance ordered on his Campaign. Trumps probably right about the surveillance, but not specifically on the Trump Tower Wiretap.

Forum List

Back