Obamacare Now Estimated to Cost $2.6 Trillion in First Decade

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
Cost already skyrocketing:eusa_eh:

-2.img_assist_custom-640x469.png

The latest estimate, as the chart details, is that Obamacare will cost $2.6 trillion dollars in its first real decade. The bill does not fully go into effect until 2014, therefore the estimate begins with that year.

"President Obama promised a joint session of Congress in 2009 to spend $900 billion over ten years on his health care law: 'Now, add it all up, and the plan that I’m proposing will cost around $900 billion over 10 years.'

Obamacare Now Estimated to Cost $2.6 Trillion in First Decade | The Weekly Standard

The latest estimate, as the chart details, is that Obamacare will cost $2.6 trillion dollars in its first real decade. The bill does not fully go into effect until 2014, therefore the estimate begins with that year.

"President Obama promised a joint session of Congress in 2009 to spend $900 billion over ten years on his health care law: 'Now, add it all up, and the plan that I’m proposing will cost around $900 billion over 10 years.'

Obamacare Now Estimated to Cost $2.6 Trillion in First Decade | The Weekly Standard

So What,GET IT OFF THE BANKS AND FINIANCE SECTOR,YOU KNOW ALL THE TRILLIONS THEY RIPPED OFF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE,OR HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT ALREADY. DIMWIT:eusa_whistle:

So What,GET IT OFF THE BANKS AND FINIANCE SECTOR,YOU KNOW ALL THE TRILLIONS THEY RIPPED OFF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE,OR HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT ALREADY. DIMWIT:eusa_whistle:

Weekly Standard, Conservative rag.:eusa_boohoo:
Exist only because of wealthy conservatives donations.

Last edited:

Weekly Standard, Conservative rag.:eusa_boohoo:
Exist only because of wealthy conservatives donations.

and who donates to Mother Jones, Time Mag. NewsWeak, etc etc?
for that matter how does PMSnbc stay on the air with their ratings in the toilet.. ever wonder about that?

When Congressmen saw the proposed increase in Medicaid to %133 of the poverty line, that should have been the only info necessary to vote against it. Why on earth would we expand a government program that is miserably failing? Medicaid is always late to pay doctors for treatment given and the complexities of its office is a headache for anyone. A lot of people make between $27,000 and $36,000 a year, and all of those people now add to the Medicaid burden.

I have mixed feelings about medical care as a right, but expanding Medicaid is a bone headed move. Congressmen and women should have tossed the bill aside after reading that... Wait... do those in Congress read bills anymore? Or just let others sweet talk them?

If they do the doctor cut as they say they will in Medicare, a Medicare card wont be worth the plastic it is printed on. Doctors are few and far between that accept it and if you cut them even more, well you will be hard pressed to find one that will see you. So off to the emergency room. Not sure why that would be much different than the way it is now but this whole plan is a disaster.

With the court ruling where states do not have to take on the added requirement and if they do not the Fed will cover the costs in the state well that alone absolutely will increase the cost of the program.

The big lie of the program costs was charging for years before it actually started and tossing off a good bit of the costs onto the states as if that means we do not get charged for it anyway. What a joke.

Democrats were lying through their teeth when they first announced what it would cost.

The low life still are.

Short of letting treasuries default, Obama's done all he can to drive us off the cliff financially. Putin must be proud

If they do the doctor cut as they say they will in Medicare, a Medicare card wont be worth the plastic it is printed on. Doctors are few and far between that accept it and if you cut them even more, well you will be hard pressed to find one that will see you. So off to the emergency room. Not sure why that would be much different than the way it is now but this whole plan is a disaster.

With the court ruling where states do not have to take on the added requirement and if they do not the Fed will cover the costs in the state well that alone absolutely will increase the cost of the program.

The big lie of the program costs was charging for years before it actually started and tossing off a good bit of the costs onto the states as if that means we do not get charged for it anyway. What a joke.

How right you are. My father-in-law is one of three Urologists in an area of about 200,000 people. The other two have quit covering Medicaid. Medicaid forced him to institute a computerized records system (that sucks BTW) by Dec 31, 2011 or pay a steep fine. He did, but Medicaid's systems weren't up and running until March. They started the year off two months behind on their payments and they are still two months behind. If my father-in-law decides he's had enough, I feel bad for the people with kidney stones who are 2-3 hours away from a doctor who will accept Medicaid.

How right you are. My father-in-law is one of three Urologists in an area of about 200,000 people. The other two have quit covering Medicaid. Medicaid forced him to institute a computerized records system (that sucks BTW) by Dec 31, 2011 or pay a steep fine. He did, but Medicaid's systems weren't up and running until March. They started the year off two months behind on their payments and they are still two months behind. If my father-in-law decides he's had enough, I feel bad for the people with kidney stones who are 2-3 hours away from a doctor who will accept Medicaid.
My provider has everything about me on computer, thank god.

Nope, its budget neutral at a cost of approx. $960 Billion....:razz:

Thanks for the neg rep ya MORON

And the funny or not so funny reality is that when government
is involved you can throw those estimates out the window.
You gotta know that the 2.6 trillion is really like the stimulus
saved jobs estimate.

This will probably end up not being 2.6 trillion but closer to 4 trillion...
And will make Democrats happy beyond imagination.

And how about this little factoid...They are talking again about another stimulus.
Spend spend spend....there's nothing like spending to make a Democrat feel good about them self.

Last edited:
Lies, all lies!!!

It's gonna save us a 100 trillion bazillion dollars, everybody is gonna have health care and it will be free, free I tells ya. And there will be bunnies dancing in the fields, and the streets will be paved with gold and the lollipop children will be laughing and playing. Yadda yadda yadda!!!!!

Obamacare will cost a LOT more than that, I guarantee it.

Yep. That's a no-brainer, and even the honest libs would agree.

At its start, in 1966, Medicare cost $3 billion. The House Ways and Means Committee estimated that Medicare would cost only about $ 12 billion by 1990 (a figure that included an allowance for inflation). This was a supposedly “conservative” estimate. But in 1990 Medicare actually cost $107 billion[/.

The PJ Tatler » Good News: ObamaCare to Cost 3 Times More than First Thought

Forum List

Back