Obamacare Enrollment Passes 5 Million

5 MILLIOM more than the Repubs *cough* "plan" had. Oh wait!!! :shock: the Repubs didn't have a plan unless you count being against everything the President proposes as being a plan :doubt: lol.

oJDiJy2.jpg

Really? The GOP plan didn't cancel millions of policies.

What's the net positive so far? In my estimation:

3 million new insured through the exchange
4 million new Medicaid recipients
5 million cancelled policies

Sounds like 2 million people have health insurance now that didn't before (just a guess on my part).

If that was the goal all along, why disrupt so much for everyone?

neither did any of the dems cancel millions of policies... the insurance companies canceled them... nice try... but as usual you lied to us again to gain, what is it have you gain ??? head liar???

The insurance companies canceled the policies because they were outlawed before the administration made exceptions - all the cancellations were a direct result of the law.

Sounds like 2 million people have health insurance now that didn't before (just a guess on my part).

neither did any of the dems cancel millions of policies... the insurance companies canceled them... nice try... but as usual you lied to us again to gain, what is it have you gain ??? head liar???

The insurance companies canceled the policies because they were outlawed before the administration made exceptions - all the cancellations were a direct result of the law.

C'mon now. The insurance companies helped (or more likely, totally) wrote this fucker. It's not like they're innocent victims here. The knew exactly how this would play out - they even talked about it openly. The plan was always to push everyone into higher-priced, lower-benefit plans to finance expanding coverage to the pre-existing condition people. Were none of you paying attention???

Last edited:
57% of the people disapproves of this pos Oinsurancescam...but they just get beat down and called stupid, liars, etc

I've never seen anything like this
They will be paying for it bigtime at the polls. That's how it works.

I hope you're right, but they went and Re-elected Obama with the awful record he had... so I don't hold much hope
The only difference this time is, no matter how much the media tries to cover up for Obama's fuckup, people are going to look at their personal lives / pocket books, tax increases, all the empty promises and what Obamacare has done to the healthcare system in this country and judge for themselves. There is nothing the media can do or say that will make a difference this time.

they weren't outlawed ...they had policy, in that policy, they no longer accepted caps and preexisting clauses in them that's it ... they didn't have to cancel the policy ... all they had to do is inform their policy holder they no long have a cap in their plan or a preexisting condition clause ... that's all they had to do ... but instead they, "the insurance company," canceled it thyey saw a way to make more money .... they offered them a new policy at a hire price ... that pissed republicans policy holders off ... because the president said you can keep your plan ... now they had something to rag to their base about ... that 05% of the American public gets to rag to the country that they couldn't keep their special worthless plan ... imagine that republicans having something to rag to Dems/liberals about because they were losing in the polls ... they made a big deal out of something that was nothing ... that's the republican way ...

No, the 3.2 million on their parents' plans were not recertified too. Those that were put onto their parents' plans through the FFM are including in the 5 million enrollments number though.

I've been quite objective about the facts of the Affordable Care Act. My personal opinion as quite biased and my political persuasion is certainly something way different than yours, but I am federally certified and state licensed as an insurance broker. The facts of how this program works and the functionality of the processes are not opinions and I have never been uncivil nor have I embellished anything on them.

You are obviously not concerned with both the good and the bad of this program. You're only concerned with calling an expert a liar because you don't like the analysis.

nice try... they are not put into the 5 million...they are separate from the sign ups ... but you keep lying, its your repub-lie-tard nature

Please show some source for this.

Source BCBS
go look at BCBS they will tell you that almost 80% of the people who have sign up to their site has paid ... the rest are waiting for their currant plan to expire ... so tell us where you have them not sign up yet ... I'll wait

I come to their emergency room... they hospital doesn't take medicaid . they refuse me right???noooooooooo they can't refuse you... even if you have medicaid... that's where the conversation was coming from ...you jumped right in the middle and said this stupid shit ... that was the point you missed ... it is illegal for them to refuse health care even if you have medicaid was my point...

They can't refuse you emergency care, Billy...that doesn't mean that they can't refuse to treat you for a chronic long term situation that's not an "emergency". In that case you are shit out of luck until it becomes an emergency. Try going into a hospital and telling them that you'd like a full physical with a complete blood work-up but you're not going to pay them...see how that works out for ya!
that's not what was said .. they said people who are on medicaid some hospitals will not accept them ... I clearly said if you arrive at the emergency room with medicaid as your insurer they can't refuse you .... where the poster said the hospital can refuse you if you have medicaid ... I just pointed out a error in their thinking ... are these hospitals who say they won't accept medicaid won't charge medicaid for their service ??? is this what they are sayiong to you ??? you bet your bottom dollar they will charge them for ever dime they can get ... that was my point not the idea that they won't take medicaid they will its better the nothing and nothing was what they were getting...

You're wrong, Billy...there are a growing number of hospitals and doctors that now have a policy of not accepting Medicare patients because the money that they are reimbursed by the Federal Government for services provided is so low. You CAN go to an emergency room at a hospital that doesn't take Medicare patients and if you have an emergency under the law they MUST treat you but understand that they WILL be billing you for that treatment because they don't accept the insurance coverage that you have.

You CAN go to an emergency room at a hospital that doesn't take Medicare patients and if you have an emergency under the law they MUST treat you but understand that they WILL be billing you for that treatment because they don't accept the insurance coverage that you have.
And if you have assets they can go after them.

They can't refuse you emergency care, Billy...that doesn't mean that they can't refuse to treat you for a chronic long term situation that's not an "emergency". In that case you are shit out of luck until it becomes an emergency. Try going into a hospital and telling them that you'd like a full physical with a complete blood work-up but you're not going to pay them...see how that works out for ya!
that's not what was said .. they said people who are on medicaid some hospitals will not accept them ... I clearly said if you arrive at the emergency room with medicaid as your insurer they can't refuse you .... where the poster said the hospital can refuse you if you have medicaid ... I just pointed out a error in their thinking ... are these hospitals who say they won't accept medicaid won't charge medicaid for their service ??? is this what they are sayiong to you ??? you bet your bottom dollar they will charge them for ever dime they can get ... that was my point not the idea that they won't take medicaid they will its better the nothing and nothing was what they were getting...

You're wrong, Billy...there are a growing number of hospitals and doctors that now have a policy of not accepting Medicare patients because the money that they are reimbursed by the Federal Government for services provided is so low. You CAN go to an emergency room at a hospital that doesn't take Medicare patients and if you have an emergency under the law they MUST treat you but understand that they WILL be billing you for that treatment because they don't accept the insurance coverage that you have.
and if they say they won't pay you then what ?? the hospital right it off ??? or do they bill medicaid for the major portion of the bill ... what will you do ... hospitals are handed this all the time ...

no you are wrong ...go back and read every post here...they you will get it ... the original poster said they won't accept medicaid ... I said if you go to their emergency room and you have medicaid they will accept your medicaid ... that's all I'm saying .... because the law says if you go to a emergency room, the hospital has to take you in ... I was just saying are you saying that this hospital won't take your medicaid ??? that this hospital would rather taker nothing ??? that was my point ... pay attention to the whole post here ... as for these growing numbers you speak of, please give us these allege growing numbers ... two ??? three ??? please give us all these growing number ... its like that blond on the right wing commercial ...she says millions are losing their health care... it has been shown that nobody lost their health care ... their plan was changed ... they either accepted it or get a different one... it was that simple ...

Last edited:
God, Billy...you are about as clueless about this subject as I've ever seen.

Yes, if you have an "emergency" by law the hospital has to treat you. They do not however have to eat the cost of treating you if all you have is Medicare. They WILL bill you for the balance. You seem to think that if you have Medicare that you can march into any doctors office or hospital, demand that they treat you and that they will do so and reluctantly accept Medicare. They have no obligation to do so unless it is an emergency and even then you're still obligated to pay any difference between what they charge for a service and what Medicare is willing to reimburse them for.

The other issue that doesn't seem to occur to you devotees of ObamaCare is that when you legislate decreases in the amount that doctors and hospitals can charge Medicare patients for procedures...doctors and hospitals invariably respond by increasing the amount that OTHER patients pay for their procedures...just one more example of why this law was never about lowering healthcare costs for the Middle Class.

If you go to a hospital for emergency treatment, you will be treated, stabilized, and sent somewhere else.

Obamacare Enrollment Reaches 5 Million

03/17/2014

More than 5 million people have signed up for health care plans under the newly created Obamacare insurance exchanges, according to a Monday press release from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

<snip>

1925313_591927387561943_1890313230_n.jpg

You do realize that 6.5 MILLION "liked" polices were cancelled in the individual markeplace to-date--due to the Obamacare mandates. Estimates are that if you add in spouses and children that were covered under those plans that Obamacare has added an additional 12 to 14 million to the uninsured rolls in this country.

MEANING: Obamacare is still in a lot of red ink--as far as enrollment goes.

Democrats wisely postponed the employer mandate until 2015--or until AFTER the mid term election cycle--because they finally had a brain fart and realized that millions more policies would be cancelled in the employer sponsored marketplace.

Purpose of Obamcare: To insure the uninsured Effect of Obamacare: Uninsuring the insured.

139880_600.jpg

Welcome to your hope and change!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back