Obamacare Enrollment Passes 5 Million

how many have actually written a check to pay?

for some reason the same idiots bragging about the numbers cant give you that one

idiots and hypocrites

Another elusive number seems to be the Cost per Enrollee

Just the promotional cost has been about $700 million

5 million enrollees

700/5 = $140/enrollee

Frankly, why not just send a $100 bill to anyone who signs up? Cost to US Government would be practically nothing more that the printing cost of the bill, and stamp to mail?

Hundreds of Obama-supporting Celebs would be unhappily out of jobs promoting Obamacare.

They can't refuse you emergency care, Billy...that doesn't mean that they can't refuse to treat you for a chronic long term situation that's not an "emergency". In that case you are shit out of luck until it becomes an emergency. Try going into a hospital and telling them that you'd like a full physical with a complete blood work-up but you're not going to pay them...see how that works out for ya!

...and that is exactly the reason that ACA was passed. It not only gives the uninsured an opportunity to obtain health care, but also a disincentive for not doing so, which saves the taxpayers from having to pay for emergencies, and saving the uninsured from death due to lack of funds to pay for non-emergencies..

what a joke..people already had the opportunity to obtain health care, it's called MEDICAID
if it's so wonderful why have only 5 million people signed up for all the wonders Obamainsurancescam supposedly offered ?
you fell for the talking points

Oh, I get it! What you and the rest of the Right are saying is that you prefer for the government to pay 100% of uninsured Medicaid benefits, rather than require these uninsured to buy their OWN healthcare.

Who would have thought that the Right was so generous!

Oh, I get it! What you and the rest of the Right are saying is that you prefer for the government to pay 100% of uninsured Medicaid benefits, rather than require these uninsured to buy their OWN healthcare.

If they couldn't afford it before how can they afford it now? I'd like to see government completely out of the healthcare business. Where did you get the idea that everyone on the right agrees with everyone else anyway?

If they couldn't afford it before how can they afford it now? I'd like to see government completely out of the healthcare business. Where did you get the idea that everyone on the right agrees with everyone else anyway?

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows".

However, feel free to name any prominent person of the Right who supports ACA. I have an open mind.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows".

However, feel free to name any prominent person of the Right who supports ACA. I have an open mind.
Apparently not since your response has nothing to do with mine.

They can't refuse you emergency care, Billy...that doesn't mean that they can't refuse to treat you for a chronic long term situation that's not an "emergency". In that case you are shit out of luck until it becomes an emergency. Try going into a hospital and telling them that you'd like a full physical with a complete blood work-up but you're not going to pay them...see how that works out for ya!

...and that is exactly the reason that ACA was passed. It not only gives the uninsured an opportunity to obtain health care, but also a disincentive for not doing so, which saves the taxpayers from having to pay for emergencies, and saving the uninsured from death due to lack of funds to pay for non-emergencies..

what a joke..people already had the opportunity to obtain health care, it's called MEDICAID
if it's so wonderful why have only 5 million people signed up for all the wonders Obamainsurancescam supposedly offered ?

you are as stupid as your post are stephoney to get medicaid you would have to qualify for it ... to qualify for it you would have to make less then 15000 a year I believe it was ... that's the only way you would get on medicaid you moron ... you couldn't just call up medicaid and say I want to sign up jesus

The conservatives on the right are as panicked about the country
as the left was during Bush's military spending on the Iraq Wars.

In that case, the issue was the AMOUNT of spending, in the trillions
each month that war was going on; and now it is more about the PRINCIPLES being thrown out the window with federal mandates on state and private issues of health care.

Both sides were panicking for different reasons, and blaming it on the President;
But I DON'T see the hatred being as nasty as it was against Bush.

If you look at how the Republicans admonished Ted Nugent for his remarks about Obama, he even issued a correction "sticking to Constitutional principles and points" as his peers insisted on.

Sorry, but I don't see any Democrats (except for John Cusack) demanding that slams against GOP leaders be refined and refocused to Constitutional arguments.

I think the peak of rightwing hate was earlier against Clinton and abortion clinics in the 90s, and reduced after that. I think the increase in conservative media outlets since then has allowed the rightwing to express and organize themselves outside the "liberal media monopoly" so there is not the same "fear of exclusion" as before when Clinton first took office. The Tea Party is still actively growing, and promoting positive focus; the group in Kingwood enforces an inclusive approach of welcoming all people of all parties and views, and specifically disallows any hateful or negative politicking or protesting at their events.

It is much more positive, much less hateful than when the left/right division came out in the 90s with the prochoice/prolife campaigns going into full swing. Even the worst issues about gay marriage do not compare to the bombing of clinics and stalking or shooting doctors.

We've come a long way, you have to give credit to both prochoice and prolife activists.
The worst I heard recently was actually from the prochoice camp, where people were caught with feces planning to throw that during the legislative session in Austin, Texas.

I think the left has always been more on the defensive, because they view the right as being the dominant "default" position. The rightwing do not need to be in power to prove their position, but will know it is right anyway as long as it is based on Constitutional authority. But the left depends on voting in their party reps or agenda, where it is not based on the Constitution. Their political agenda depends on overruling or outnumbering votes and views of the opposition, whereas any position based on Constitutional principles defends itself. so that is where the left depends more on negative hate campaigns in the media where they aren't using Constitutional authority to back their positions.

the rw hate force is strong in this thread.

Maybe people would love the Democrat Party again
if they actually paid for the programs they claim to support.

For example: The Democrats have argued against the death penalty.
Why not encourage States to reform their criminal justice systems
and use THOSE resources to expand medical schools, programs, and facilities.

I found out there was a whole faction and movement of Republicans
for decriminalization to stop losses of life and resources on failed drug policies.
Whoa! Now there's a unifying issue that could bring Libertarians back in.
Why not use THAT focus to reform health care at the same time?

So much opportunity here. Shame to waste more media and money
pushing ACA as is, when even the left who want Singlepayer oppose the mandates
and interference by the insurance companies into the exchanges.

If left and right could "unite in their opposition", they could take back govt
AND control of both their parties again both hijacked while they remain divided.

Same tactic that kept "poor field slaves" jealous and fighting against "privileged house slaves" so the masters stayed in charge of enslaving both classes by manipulating them.
Both "blaming the other" using parties to blame the rich or the poor who are both victims.

We are getting closer to rising above our differences because of our common interests at stake. Out of pure necessity, when we realize we can better get what we want by uniting.

As the karma backlash between Bush and Obama runs its course, we'll see where we end up after that. What the next stage is in the political process of developing our government.
Emily Cincola do you have to keep posting your propaganda from some right wing web site???

Still no proof.

You really don't know what you are talking about.

Included in that 6.2 million who have enrolled in Medicaid are all those who were decertified and recertified. It's a game that Medicaid plays, decertify millions in December when the audit happens and then recertify those same millions in January. The people under 26 who are now covered under their parents' plans are included in the 5 million ACA enrollments if their parents purchased plans on the exchange. The 5 million enrollments in ACA plans is a count of unique applications that have been completed. I just did 5 of those applications this morning because I couldn't read the handwriting for a client. First I put the SSN in wrong, then on the next one I put the DOB for one of the kids in wrong. On the third attempt I fat-fingered the street address. The 4th application went through all the way to approval and subsidy verification but the client called back to say that the income was too high. By the 5th complete application we have the final result.

About half of my clients have at least two completed FFM applications.

All of the people listed on those completed applications are considered "unique people" regardless of whether there are duplicates and regardless of whether they actually have a health insurance policy issued.

BWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a liar you are ... just goes to show ya these repub-lie-tiurds will lie about everything they can ... its their nature ... I suppose that the 3.2 million on their parents plan were recertified too... how can ya recertrify when you were never on ??? oh I know lie about it to the posters here ... yeah we goy your number liar ....

No, the 3.2 million on their parents' plans were not recertified too. Those that were put onto their parents' plans through the FFM are including in the 5 million enrollments number though.

I've been quite objective about the facts of the Affordable Care Act. My personal opinion as quite biased and my political persuasion is certainly something way different than yours, but I am federally certified and state licensed as an insurance broker. The facts of how this program works and the functionality of the processes are not opinions and I have never been uncivil nor have I embellished anything on them.

You are obviously not concerned with both the good and the bad of this program. You're only concerned with calling an expert a liar because you don't like the analysis.

nice try... they are not put into the 5 million...they are separate from the sign ups ... but you keep lying, its your repub-lie-tard nature

5 MILLIOM more than the Repubs *cough* "plan" had. Oh wait!!! :shock: the Repubs didn't have a plan unless you count being against everything the President proposes as being a plan :doubt: lol.

oJDiJy2.jpg

Really? The GOP plan didn't cancel millions of policies.

What's the net positive so far? In my estimation:

3 million new insured through the exchange
4 million new Medicaid recipients
5 million cancelled policies

Sounds like 2 million people have health insurance now that didn't before (just a guess on my part).

If that was the goal all along, why disrupt so much for everyone?

neither did any of the dems cancel millions of policies... the insurance companies canceled them... nice try... but as usual you lied to us again to gain, what is it have you gain ??? head liar???

And then there's the sophistry in all of this.

ObamaCare IS NOT HEALTH CARE. It is government controlled access to health care insurance and prepaid service plans.

5 MILLIOM more than the Repubs *cough* "plan" had. Oh wait!!! :shock: the Repubs didn't have a plan unless you count being against everything the President proposes as being a plan :doubt: lol.

oJDiJy2.jpg

Sounds like 2 million people have health insurance now that didn't before (just a guess on my part).

neither did any of the dems cancel millions of policies... the insurance companies canceled them...

Yep. The dems just gave them the excuse, and the ability to force us onto something more profitable (for the insurance companies). Go team!

Personally, I think the ACA is a big 'ol flaming pile of bureaucratic, wealth-distributing horse shit shoved straight up our ass without lubricant by a bunch of narcissistic, corrupt, paid-off politicians who wanted to pretend they were doing something valuable for a change and a President who made shit up a few dozen times to get us to buy into it.

That said, elections have consequences, it is the law, and it seems to me we'd better fuckin' hope it works. First, Obama would sure as hell veto any attempt to repeal if the GOP were to gain the Senate. Second, all the "ideas" (cough) I've seen from the GOP seem to miss the fact that many people who are now covered by the ACA would be tossed back out on their ass. And third, Obama will be in office until 2017 and it would be a few years before anything that would replace the ACA could get fired up.

The GOP had either be careful what it's asking for, or come up with a plan that would keep people covered with affordable coverage from Day One. I don't see that yet.

The only wealth it distributes is from the middle class to the elites. The majority of the 99% get screwed while a tiny percentage get a nice break. The progressives hope that the few voices in the wilderness will convince you that you're getting fucked over for a good cause, when actually it's just so the rich can get richer.

Yes, that, among other things.

But if it were repealed without a damn good and damn quick and damn clear replacement, the carnage would be worse than what we have now.

The GOP better have a pretty good Plan B, a roadmap out of this, before they go trying to repeal -- and they have not yet demonstrated that they do.

thats the problem the don't have a plan B or even a plan A ... it was just fine the way it was ... you get sick the cancel you... you get sick they raise your rates ... you get sick and once you meet your caps you pay ... then they raise your rates ... if its a serious illness the cancel you... that was and still is the republican plan A B, and C ...

And then there's the sophistry in all of this.

ObamaCare IS NOT HEALTH CARE. It is government controlled access to health care insurance and prepaid service plans.

Exactly, and it's fascism in my book

The only wealth it distributes is from the middle class to the elites. The majority of the 99% get screwed while a tiny percentage get a nice break. The progressives hope that the few voices in the wilderness will convince you that you're getting fucked over for a good cause, when actually it's just so the rich can get richer.

Yes, that, among other things.

But if it were repealed without a damn good and damn quick and damn clear replacement, the carnage would be worse than what we have now.

The GOP better have a pretty good Plan B, a roadmap out of this, before they go trying to repeal -- and they have not yet demonstrated that they do.

thats the problem the don't have a plan B or even a plan A ... it was just fine the way it was ... you get sick the cancel you... you get sick they raise your rates ... you get sick and once you meet your caps you pay ... then they raise your rates ... if its a serious illness the cancel you... that was and still is the republican plan A B, and C ...

Listen to yourself. Think about what you're saying. Insurance was a scam. Using it to finance our health care was, and is, stupid. And we were learning that. But the insurance companies and their partners in Congress have joined forces to make sure we don't get away - to sink us deeper into the insurance shell game. And some of you are totally falling for it. :dunno:

neither did any of the dems cancel millions of policies... the insurance companies canceled them...

Yep. The dems just gave them the excuse, and the ability to force us onto something more profitable (for the insurance companies). Go team!

yep, but the low information Democrat base won't see that...they have all the talking points though from their masters in the party...It's the insurance companies fault...sheeesh

True.

Follow the conversation, the comment made was "hospitals can't refuse medicaid people its illegal" which is false.

I come to their emergency room... they hospital doesn't take medicaid . they refuse me right???noooooooooo they can't refuse you... even if you have medicaid... that's where the conversation was coming from ...you jumped right in the middle and said this stupid shit ... that was the point you missed ... it is illegal for them to refuse health care even if you have medicaid was my point...

that's not what was said .. they said people who are on medicaid some hospitals will not accept them ... I clearly said if you arrive at the emergency room with medicaid as your insurer they can't refuse you .... where the poster said the hospital can refuse you if you have medicaid ... I just pointed out a error in their thinking ... are these hospitals who say they won't accept medicaid won't charge medicaid for their service ??? is this what they are sayiong to you ??? you bet your bottom dollar they will charge them for ever dime they can get ... that was my point not the idea that they won't take medicaid they will its better the nothing and nothing was what they were getting...

How many of those 5 million actually have health insurance?

There's more to it than just picking a plan on the exchange.

these numbers are numbers who have signed up and paid for their plan

No those are the numbers who have signed up for the website. Don't make shit up.

prove what you say is true ... WHAAAAAAT you don't have any proof ... go look at BCBS they will tell you that almost 80% of the people who have sign up to their site has paid ... the rest are waiting for their currant plan to expire ... so tell us where you have them not sign up yet ... I'll wait

57% of the people disapproves of this pos Oinsurancescam...but they just get beat down and called stupid, liars, etc

I've never seen anything like this
They will be paying for it bigtime at the polls. That's how it works.

I hope you're right, but they went and Re-elected Obama with the awful record he had... so I don't hold much hope

the problem you have is your source of information is inaccurate on obama .... when you actually look up what he has done, that's why he got reelected, and there isn't a hyphen between reelected, sense you are all about correct spelling and grammar and shit... and you are right the republicans will pay big time at the polls ... oh yes big time is two word that's if you're still into spelling errors or grammar and shit or is it only when somebody else does it:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Churn operation....nuff said

Oh Moffitt is quite the spectacle of government healthcare. The Florida government allocated state dollars that originated in a federal grant to create a non-profit that accepts insurance which is mostly federally funded.

But since it's a "non-profit" there is no incentive to cut costs nor be efficient. There is every incentive to find a place to spend each and every dollar that comes in through mostly government dollars (grants, Medicare, and Medicaid). As a bonus, it has sovereign immunity which means that nobody employed by Moffitt can ever be sued for malpractice. If by some sort of ruling by a judge that sets aside the sovereign immunity protection, any lawsuit against the hospital or any doctor is subject to subrogation by Medicare. On top of that, the tort limit in Florida is $250,000 So if your wife dies because a surgeon screwed up, you can't sue the doctor or the hospital. If you somehow get a judge to allow it, then any settlement received is limited to $250,000 and Medicare gets reimbursed for their expenses first (even before the attorney fees).

It's quite the self-insulating structure. Just wait until it's the standard practice.

So, if that is the case, your argument is that ACA is going to change the structure of health providers across the nation, and people will be turned away from hospitals everywhere....?

No, that's not my argument.

BWA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a liar you are ... just goes to show ya these repub-lie-tiurds will lie about everything they can ... its their nature ... I suppose that the 3.2 million on their parents plan were recertified too... how can ya recertrify when you were never on ??? oh I know lie about it to the posters here ... yeah we goy your number liar ....

No, the 3.2 million on their parents' plans were not recertified too. Those that were put onto their parents' plans through the FFM are including in the 5 million enrollments number though.

I've been quite objective about the facts of the Affordable Care Act. My personal opinion as quite biased and my political persuasion is certainly something way different than yours, but I am federally certified and state licensed as an insurance broker. The facts of how this program works and the functionality of the processes are not opinions and I have never been uncivil nor have I embellished anything on them.

You are obviously not concerned with both the good and the bad of this program. You're only concerned with calling an expert a liar because you don't like the analysis.

nice try... they are not put into the 5 million...they are separate from the sign ups ... but you keep lying, its your repub-lie-tard nature

Please show some source for this.

Forum List

Back