Obamacare Enrollment Passes 5 Million

Personally, I think the ACA is a big 'ol flaming pile of bureaucratic, wealth-distributing horse shit shoved straight up our ass without lubricant by a bunch of narcissistic, corrupt, paid-off politicians who wanted to pretend they were doing something valuable for a change and a President who made shit up a few dozen times to get us to buy into it.

That said, elections have consequences, it is the law, and it seems to me we'd better fuckin' hope it works. First, Obama would sure as hell veto any attempt to repeal if the GOP were to gain the Senate. Second, all the "ideas" (cough) I've seen from the GOP seem to miss the fact that many people who are now covered by the ACA would be tossed back out on their ass. And third, Obama will be in office until 2017 and it would be a few years before anything that would replace the ACA could get fired up.

The GOP had either be careful what it's asking for, or come up with a plan that would keep people covered with affordable coverage from Day One. I don't see that yet.

The only wealth it distributes is from the middle class to the elites. The majority of the 99% get screwed while a tiny percentage get a nice break. The progressives hope that the few voices in the wilderness will convince you that you're getting fucked over for a good cause, when actually it's just so the rich can get richer.

As Vandalshandle demonstrates, Health Insurance is extremely profitable when everyone is forced to buy it and the government kicks in for subsidies on inflated rates set by the insurers.

For now......

Telling the same lie twice does not make it true. I repeat. No health care facility will reject any insurance. They simply may not consider it full payment for services rendered. It would be like me telling you that I will not sell apples to you for 2 quarters. You must pay me with a 50 cent piece.

You are absolutely incorrect. Moffitt only admits patients who have insurance and only those who are on their list of insurers. I have 5 clients that were scheduled to be admitted into Moffitt until they dropped United Healthcare. They were refused admission and referred to Morton Plant.

On edit: I incorrectly stated "United Healthcare." It's actually "Universal Healthcare" a now-defunct Medicare Advantage Insurance Company.

Not buying it.

I'm aware. As it turns out, the truth does not require your approval.

incidentally, I used to be a senior underwriter at United Healthcare, and retired after 50 years in the business. I also worked for the largest hospital in New Orleans. The most any provider would do is to require verification that you can personally pay the difference between what the insured pays, and what they charge.

Yay for you. I'm sure you earned your financial success, but that doesn't mean you are right all the time. In fact, you were quite wrong about the structure of employer plans and HMO market share. It's not a huge deal, but your 50 years of experience doesn't erase errors in fact.

Without some sort of insurance that Moffitt accepts, you will not be admitted. If you are low income and don't have insurance, their social services division will find a program to help. But that will mean enrolling in Medicaid and Medicare, then joining one of their plans. I know the guy that does this for Humana's dual-eligible cancer pre-patients.

If you can not prove that, then they will obviously turn you away. If what you said was true, Moffitt would turn away a billionaire sheik from Saudi Arabia who wanted to pay cash, and had no insurance at all. That would make no sense whatever, and nobody is going to do it.

Go find me a billionaire sheik from Saudi Arabia that is a patient at Moffitt. I spent 3 nights a week there for 6 months while my mother was in the Critical Care Unit. It's a government hospital structured as a non-profit, created by an action of the Florida Legislature, with sovereign immunity. There are no cash patients. There are plenty that have substantial co-pays, but no straight cash patients.

Sometimes even seasoned professionals don't know it all.

Churn operation....nuff said

This has absolutely nothing to do with coverage mandated by ACA.

True.

Follow the conversation, the comment made was "hospitals can't refuse medicaid people its illegal" which is false.

...and yet the thread is about "Obamacare". Sorry, I did not realize you had hijacked it.

I'm not sure a person of your advanced age understands "hijacked" as it pertains to a thread.

Maybe you were also a senior VP of internet too?

Last edited:

Oh Moffitt is quite the spectacle of government healthcare. The Florida government allocated state dollars that originated in a federal grant to create a non-profit that accepts insurance which is mostly federally funded.

But since it's a "non-profit" there is no incentive to cut costs nor be efficient. There is every incentive to find a place to spend each and every dollar that comes in through mostly government dollars (grants, Medicare, and Medicaid). As a bonus, it has sovereign immunity which means that nobody employed by Moffitt can ever be sued for malpractice. If by some sort of ruling by a judge that sets aside the sovereign immunity protection, any lawsuit against the hospital or any doctor is subject to subrogation by Medicare. On top of that, the tort limit in Florida is $250,000 So if your wife dies because a surgeon screwed up, you can't sue the doctor or the hospital. If you somehow get a judge to allow it, then any settlement received is limited to $250,000 and Medicare gets reimbursed for their expenses first (even before the attorney fees).

It's quite the self-insulating structure. Just wait until it's the standard practice.

Oh Moffitt is quite the spectacle of government healthcare. The Florida government allocated state dollars that originated in a federal grant to create a non-profit that accepts insurance which is mostly federally funded.

But since it's a "non-profit" there is no incentive to cut costs nor be efficient. There is every incentive to find a place to spend each and every dollar that comes in through mostly government dollars (grants, Medicare, and Medicaid). As a bonus, it has sovereign immunity which means that nobody employed by Moffitt can ever be sued for malpractice. If by some sort of ruling by a judge that sets aside the sovereign immunity protection, any lawsuit against the hospital or any doctor is subject to subrogation by Medicare. On top of that, the tort limit in Florida is $250,000 So if your wife dies because a surgeon screwed up, you can't sue the doctor or the hospital. If you somehow get a judge to allow it, then any settlement received is limited to $250,000 and Medicare gets reimbursed for their expenses first (even before the attorney fees).

It's quite the self-insulating structure. Just wait until it's the standard practice.

So, if that is the case, your argument is that ACA is going to change the structure of health providers across the nation, and people will be turned away from hospitals everywhere....?

True.

Follow the conversation, the comment made was "hospitals can't refuse medicaid people its illegal" which is false.

...and yet the thread is about "Obamacare". Sorry, I did not realize you had hijacked it.

I'm not sure a person of your advanced age understands "hijacked" as it pertains to a thread.

Maybe you were also a senior VP of internet too?

..not going to get into a childish game of insults with you.

5 million lost their insurance, 5 million signed. so now that we are at a break even, when are the 40 million libs claimed had no health insurance going to sign up for this turkey?

This has absolutely nothing to do with coverage mandated by ACA.

True.

I come to their emergency room... they hospital doesn't take medicaid . they refuse me right???noooooooooo they can't refuse you... even if you have medicaid... that's where the conversation was coming from ...you jumped right in the middle and said this stupid shit ... that was the point you missed ... it is illegal for them to refuse health care even if you have medicaid was my point...

They can't refuse you emergency care, Billy...that doesn't mean that they can't refuse to treat you for a chronic long term situation that's not an "emergency". In that case you are shit out of luck until it becomes an emergency. Try going into a hospital and telling them that you'd like a full physical with a complete blood work-up but you're not going to pay them...see how that works out for ya!

True.

I come to their emergency room... they hospital doesn't take medicaid . they refuse me right???noooooooooo they can't refuse you... even if you have medicaid... that's where the conversation was coming from ...you jumped right in the middle and said this stupid shit ... that was the point you missed ... it is illegal for them to refuse health care even if you have medicaid was my point...

They can't refuse you emergency care, Billy...that doesn't mean that they can't refuse to treat you for a chronic long term situation that's not an "emergency". In that case you are shit out of luck until it becomes an emergency. Try going into a hospital and telling them that you'd like a full physical with a complete blood work-up but you're not going to pay them...see how that works out for ya!

...and that is exactly the reason that ACA was passed. It not only gives the uninsured an opportunity to obtain health care, but also a disincentive for not doing so, which saves the taxpayers from having to pay for emergencies, and saving the uninsured from death due to lack of funds to pay for non-emergencies..

5 million lost their insurance, 5 million signed. so now that we are at a break even, when are the 40 million libs claimed had no health insurance going to sign up for this turkey?
The Obamacare Titanic has hit the iceberg and is sinking, but the brainwashed morons keep playing the music. LOL

Personally, I think the ACA is a big 'ol flaming pile of bureaucratic, wealth-distributing horse shit shoved straight up our ass without lubricant by a bunch of narcissistic, corrupt, paid-off politicians who wanted to pretend they were doing something valuable for a change and a President who made shit up a few dozen times to get us to buy into it.

That said, elections have consequences, it is the law, and it seems to me we'd better fuckin' hope it works. First, Obama would sure as hell veto any attempt to repeal if the GOP were to gain the Senate. Second, all the "ideas" (cough) I've seen from the GOP seem to miss the fact that many people who are now covered by the ACA would be tossed back out on their ass. And third, Obama will be in office until 2017 and it would be a few years before anything that would replace the ACA could get fired up.

The GOP had either be careful what it's asking for, or come up with a plan that would keep people covered with affordable coverage from Day One. I don't see that yet.

The only wealth it distributes is from the middle class to the elites. The majority of the 99% get screwed while a tiny percentage get a nice break. The progressives hope that the few voices in the wilderness will convince you that you're getting fucked over for a good cause, when actually it's just so the rich can get richer.

Yes, that, among other things.

But if it were repealed without a damn good and damn quick and damn clear replacement, the carnage would be worse than what we have now.

The GOP better have a pretty good Plan B, a roadmap out of this, before they go trying to repeal -- and they have not yet demonstrated that they do.

Last edited:

...and that is exactly the reason that ACA was passed. It not only gives the uninsured an opportunity to obtain health care, but also a disincentive for not doing so, which saves the taxpayers from having to pay for emergencies, and saving the uninsured from death due to lack of funds to pay for non-emergencies..

what a joke..people already had the opportunity to obtain health care, it's called MEDICAID
if it's so wonderful why have only 5 million people signed up for all the wonders Obamainsurancescam supposedly offered ?
you fell for the talking points

Last edited:
I don't know anybody, Democrat or Republican who has anything good to say about Obamacare.

57% of the people disapproves of this pos Oinsurancescam...but they just get beat down and called stupid, liars, etc

I've never seen anything like this

57% of the people disapproves of this pos Oinsurancescam...but they just get beat down and called stupid, liars, etc

I've never seen anything like this
They will be paying for it bigtime at the polls. That's how it works.

I hope you're right, but they went and Re-elected Obama with the awful record he had... so I don't hold much hope

Forum List

Back