ObamaCare Enrollment At 6 Million Just Before Deadline

Funny thing is all the Obama supporters I know are going to take their chances with the fines this year and let the rest of us with a sense of responsibility who abide by the law foot the bill for deadbeats.

That does not ring true. Are you embellishing a bit?

So you personally know ALL the obuma supporters that he knows... embellishing much?:cuckoo:

Funny thing is all the Obama supporters I know are going to take their chances with the fines this year and let the rest of us with a sense of responsibility who abide by the law foot the bill for deadbeats.

52 million did not have insurance or lost insurance before/because of obamacare. A bit more than 6 million sign up for obamacare. What exactly makes you think he's embellishing?

52 million did not have insurance or lost insurance before/because of obamacare. A bit more than 6 million sign up for obamacare. What exactly makes you think he's embellishing?
According to census figures in 2007, before Obama took office and before the recession took hold, 47 million people were uninsured. During the heart of the recession in 2010, the number of uninsured according to the census bureau increased to 49 million. In Sept 2013, the number of insured dropped to 48 million.
No statistics have been released that states the number of uninsured after the close of the exchanges.

Census: Number of uninsured dropped in 2007 - Business - US business | NBC News
https://www.census.gov/hhes/www/hlthins/data/incpovhlth/2010/highlights.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/18/u...lacking-health-coverage-falls-again.html?_r=0

Nope, I know five of them and have heard of others.

Great.

Another rightist and his hasty generalization fallacy.

I know five republicans who beat their wives, and have heard of others.

The penalties for not carrying insurance in the first year are low. However, after 2014 fees will start increasing making it a little more expense each year.

For 2014, $95 per uninsured person or 1 percent of household income over the filing threshold,
For 2015, $325 per uninsured person or 2 percent of household income over the filing threshold, and
For 2016 and beyond, $695 per uninsured person or 2.5 percent of household income over the filing threshold.
For 2017, penalties will then begin increasing by the cost of living.

Penalties are cumulative, so you will be billed by the IRS for each year you did not carry insurance.

However, the real penalty is the cost of medical care for a serious accident or illness without insurance.

Last edited:
2epis8k.png

Forum List

Back