Obamacare Economy: 7 Years, 16 million Jobs Created, Middle Class Incomes Up $3K

tumblr_inline_oo1mtctZIP1s2opo4_500.png

We now have 7 full years of economic data since President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act (ACA or “Obamacare”). So, as Republicans in Washington continue their relentless assault on the ACA, it’s a good time to take stock of how America actually fared in the Obamacare Economy.

Before turning to the facts, a reminder of the narrative that the GOP has been pushing about the ACA for so long:

“It will bankrupt our nation, and it will ruin our economy! … This health care law … is already destroying jobs in our country.” — John Boehner, 2011

“We now know that Obamacare has been one of the single biggest drags on job creation since early 2010.” — Mitch McConnell, 2012

“[T]his is going to blow a hole through the deficit even more than we had already thought.” — Paul Ryan, 2012

“Obamacare is directly responsible for destroying jobs and lowering wages for workers” — Senate Republican Policy Committee, 2014

“It is the biggest job-killer in this country.” — Ted Cruz, 2016

“Obamacare is devastating businesses." — Donald Trump, 2016

“Obamacare … this disastrous policy that's been killing jobs." — Mike Pence, 2016

Let’s tackle these false “job-killing, wage-reducing, deficit-busting” myths one by one:

The Obamacare Economy: 7 Years, 16 Million Jobs Created, Middle-Class Incomes Up $3K

SO this is good news to show that IN SPITE OF OBAMA'S HATRED OF BUSINESSES (except those that pay his $400,000 per speech fee!)
our economy at least survived.
Think how much better we all would have been if Obama hadn't made statements like these anti-business, anti-tax revenue generators!

Obama wanted to bankrupt 1,400 companies, that pay $100 billion a year in taxes and unemploy 450,000 people that work for these companies!
(Obama told us he favored a "single payer health system... so what happens to the above?)
" if somebody wants to build a coal plant, they can – it’s just that it will bankrupt them.” (Pretty easy way of increasing unemployment.)
"I prefer higher gas prices". (And Obama signed 40% fewer Federal oil lease exploration then Bush).
Obama said ...."...Brazil to develop oil and that the USA will be their best customer"!
"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." (That certainly puts a dent in the pocketbook..._

And these are just a few of the remarks that show how much Obama hated businesses, tax payers, and all the facets that help make the USA better.
Is that why during the Obama administration over 10 billion was spent on health issues for coal miners, and this new spending bill continues to pay for the coal miners directly?

Imagine if the coal miners had jobs...

They could of paid for it themselves

How many people were employed in coal mining in 1990?

How about 2009?

How does that number compare to that of the jobs created in any year after 09?

Simple question to answer if you know how to use the internet!!!
1990 138,000
2009 80,000
Coal mining in the United States - Wikipedia

We now have 7 full years of economic data since President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act (ACA or “Obamacare”). So, as Republicans in Washington continue their relentless assault on the ACA, it’s a good time to take stock of how America actually fared in the Obamacare Economy.

Before turning to the facts, a reminder of the narrative that the GOP has been pushing about the ACA for so long:

“It will bankrupt our nation, and it will ruin our economy! … This health care law … is already destroying jobs in our country.” — John Boehner, 2011

“We now know that Obamacare has been one of the single biggest drags on job creation since early 2010.” — Mitch McConnell, 2012

“[T]his is going to blow a hole through the deficit even more than we had already thought.” — Paul Ryan, 2012

“Obamacare is directly responsible for destroying jobs and lowering wages for workers” — Senate Republican Policy Committee, 2014

“Obamacare … this disastrous policy that's been killing jobs." — Mike Pence, 2016

Let’s tackle these false “job-killing, wage-reducing, deficit-busting” myths one by one:

The Obamacare Economy: 7 Years, 16 Million Jobs Created, Middle-Class Incomes Up $3K

SO this is good news to show that IN SPITE OF OBAMA'S HATRED OF BUSINESSES (except those that pay his $400,000 per speech fee!)
Think how much better we all would have been if Obama hadn't made statements like these anti-business, anti-tax revenue generators!

Obama wanted to bankrupt 1,400 companies, that pay $100 billion a year in taxes and unemploy 450,000 people that work for these companies!
(Obama told us he favored a "single payer health system... so what happens to the above?)
" if somebody wants to build a coal plant, they can – it’s just that it will bankrupt them.” (Pretty easy way of increasing unemployment.)
"I prefer higher gas prices". (And Obama signed 40% fewer Federal oil lease exploration then Bush).
Obama said ...."...Brazil to develop oil and that the USA will be their best customer"!
"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." (That certainly puts a dent in the pocketbook..._

And these are just a few of the remarks that show how much Obama hated businesses, tax payers, and all the facets that help make the USA better.

Never mind actual record! Obama made Z statements! That is why his legacy is ruined. Z statements. He made many other Y statements, but Z statements I have carefully hand-selected here will define him for everyone as they have for me!
Health is among the dumbest of the local bots..

Is that why during the Obama administration over 10 billion was spent on health issues for coal miners, and this new spending bill continues to pay for the coal miners directly?

How about 2009?

You just admitted the 30 year war on coal

Thanks pal..
You didn't answer the question....

But to nip this Idiocy in the bud, post the total employment of this sector in 1980....

Look, I've said it before, I didn't dislike Obama. I disagreed with some of his decisions, but I think his desire to keep America out of wars was an admirable one, and he seemed to care about human rights and try and help those not getting a fair shake. I disagree with many of his methods, but his intentions were there.

However, each and every conversation about Obama has to include his reliance on debt. To me that is his legacy and many others smarter than I am have stated the same. Some have also gone even further, and I concur, America's debt is a National Security threat. There is no way you can speak about any of his accomplishments without an asterisk, *added more debt than all of the former presidents combined. America now has $20T in debt.

Let me be more succinct, let's say I had been president and you gave me $10 Trillion dollars. There are many many things I could do in eight years with that kind of coin. Without much effort I could increase every Americans salary and employ endless numbers of people. That's $10T on top of any tax revenue by the way.

In that regard, there is one mistake that was made after his victory. He reached out to Romney with an olive branch as he wanted him involved in the economy, evidence that I think he believed Romney had a strong grasp on how to turn things around and Obama respected his acumen. In fact, I recall in the debates one particular comment when Obama spoke about government decisions impacting jobs and Romney said "it's not the job of government to create jobs"...I remember Obama's eyes lighting up, it was almost as if he was saying to himself "oh yeah, Romney is right here."

Romney turned down the opportunity to contribute to Americas success economically. It was a mistake for him and probably to the detriment of America. Who knows if his influence could have ensured a lower debt, even if it were 2-3 T lower it would have been a massive victory.

Who gave Obama 10 Trillion dollars? No one. His total policy contribution to deficit was about 1 trillion, if we exclude 2012 extension of Bush's tax cuts (which I don't presume you or Romney are against)

He didn't fix long term deficit issues, but he didn't exacerbate them the way you insinuate either. And as far as fixing, it wasn't for lack of trying - he always kept the Grand Bargain on the table but couldn't get Congressional support.

Between 2011 and 2015, the Obama administration paid nearly $1 billion into health care funds of the United Mine Workers of America, including tens of millions of dollars to unverified and sometimes dubious beneficiaries and undocumented union administrative expenses, according to a U.S. government audit.
Coal miners' health care bailouts riddled with dubious expenses, audit says

So where did you come up with $10 Billon? He was in office 2009,2010... did he spend $9 billion that we don't know about that ONLY YOU KNOW??
Where is your source???

main.gif
main.gif

How about 2009?

Thanks pal..

But to nip this Idiocy in the bud, post the total employment of this sector in 1980....

main.gif

Not a single year of GDP growth over 3%. Yet still managed to double the debt. First of its kind failure.

Not a single year of GDP growth over 3%. Yet still managed to double the debt. First of its kind failure.

Bush would have LOVED a recession-free, steady growth record like that.

Under Obama job growth was four times of what BOTH Bushes combined managed to get.

View attachment 124128 View attachment 124128

How about 2009?

Thanks pal..

View attachment 124128
"Total employment" should take the form of a number....

Numbers, being objective measures, tend to be overlooked by the Slogan Generators.....confuses their marks.

Would you like me to tell you where to find the numbers?

Annual income up 3K!
Now I can pay my utilities and Auto Insurance, etc that went up more than 3K!

It's too bad you couldn't take that 3k and buy yourself a functioning brain.

Math is difficult for you?

No silly, facts are tough for you. 3K is REAL INCOME. Meaning income ADJUSTED for price increases.

These numbers are not about YOU, they are aggregate numbers for entire economy nobody in their right mind would try to dispute based on experience of a single person.

So get yourself into right mind.

Bush would have LOVED a recession-free, steady growth record like that.

Under Obama job growth was four times of what BOTH Bushes combined managed to get.

Again how did Obama accomplish this?

Only in the idiotic world of liberal fantasy a anti business president could do it.

No kidding, this must explain the lowest level of participation in the workforce, the highest level of welfare recipients, and today's heightened level of optimism in America...although that probably doesn't include many liberals. All because of Obamacare?

Forum List

Back