Obama vs. Afghanistan

Please knock off this ridiculous, partisan nonsense.

no problem. i had my vietnam and now your gonna have yours !!!!
Infantile, idiotic comparison.

And it's only fringe, loopy lunatic dingbats who buy into that, and this whole idiotic "impeachment" deal.

I disagree. While not identical, there are many ways in which to compare Vietnam to Afghanistan.

Most obvious is the Taliban hiding over the Pakistan border and we let them instead of syain gfuck politics and go after them. Gen Barrow (then a Col) had the right answer in Operation Dewey Canyon II. He went into Cambodia, blew up the VC, then called and asked for permission. He was told no.:lol:

This is a war that is not going to end so long as we have rules our enemy doesn't have to play by. We need to quit being pansies and wipe their asses off the Earth, or leave. Simply being targets doesn't accomplish much.

This is a war that is not going to end so long as we have rules our enemy doesn't have to play by. We need to quit being pansies and wipe their asses off the Earth, or leave. Simply being targets doesn't accomplish much.
Exactly my point. :clap2:

And it's only fringe, loopy lunatic dingbats who buy into that, and this whole idiotic "impeachment" deal.

I disagree. While not identical, there are many ways in which to compare Vietnam to Afghanistan.

Most obvious is the Taliban hiding over the Pakistan border and we let them instead of syain gfuck politics and go after them. Gen Barrow (then a Col) had the right answer in Operation Dewey Canyon II. He went into Cambodia, blew up the VC, then called and asked for permission. He was told no.:lol:
I agree that it COULD turn into a Vietnam and that there are some parallels. But truly, right now it is not.

But these idiots out there saying it IS one, and that Obama should be impeached, are exactly what I identified them as, just the same as the idiots who called Iraq a Vietnam and called for Bush's impeachment. They really have no place at the table of rational discussion.

I think we all agree on that point. I'm just not seeing where comparing Afghanistan to Vietnam is partisan hackery. There are more similarities than dissimilarities.

We're supporting a loser, impotent government against an enemy dedicated to total war. The government there only doesn't look bad by comparison. It's as backwards-assed as the rest of the damn ME.

We're playing by some arbitrary, moral rules to appease PCness and the left, while they damned sure don't hold themselves to the standadr they do our troops.

The CinC is an idiot and couldn't lead recruits to chow.

Meanwhile, our troops are getting killed off for a strategy that has no goal, nor even a tactical plan for carrying it. "Kill the Taliban" is NOT a strategy nor tactic. It's kindergarten sandbox bullshit.

I think we all agree on that point. I'm just not seeing where comparing Afghanistan to Vietnam is partisan hackery. There are more similarities than dissimilarities.

We're supporting a loser, impotent government against an enemy dedicated to total war. The government there only doesn't look bad by comparison. It's as backwards-assed as the rest of the damn ME.

We're playing by some arbitrary, moral rules to appease PCness and the left, while they damned sure don't hold themselves to the standadr they do our troops.

Meanwhile, our troops are getting killed off for a strategy that has no goal, nor even a tactical plan for carrying it. "Kill the Taliban" is NOT a strategy nor tactic. It's kindergarten sandbox bullshit.
Again, I think we both agree there are parallels and legitimate points on how it COULD become a Vietnam, but also agree we're not there yet.

And don't want to be.

I'm just not seeing where comparing Afghanistan to Vietnam is partisan hackery.
Actually, my claim was the "impeach Obama" nonsense was the partisan hackery. Most especially when Afghanistan is used to "bolster" that lunatic, fringe nutjob idea.

nope we have another LBJ and another Vietnam. putting liberals in charge of wars is like a monkey running around with a stick a dynamite and a blow torch. just like in Nam its a guerilla war. there's only 1 rule. it unfair to play fair. Al-Qaeda and the taliban smell blood and they'll move in for the kill. just watch the body count.

So very true and for some of us, the unapprised death of a soldier is not acceptable.

How many times must we repeat the same mistake? Be it on a large scale like Korea or Vam or smaller scales, like Beirut or Somalia? If American forces are placed in harms way then the obligation is to those forces, 100% without reservation or hesitation!

Mike

So very true yet again.

Further it seems that now not only are we letting regional and world politics dictate our military decisions, but to make it even worse, domestic politics.

Frankly every American should be outraged and demand never again, politics and party makes no difference.

I'm old, my days have passed. I don't have to kill or be killed any longer. Well, except on a city street. However, now the young ones of the family are there and it is gut wrenching and infuriating to watch us repeat the same foolish steps with yet another generation of Americans.

Some say leave ................... true we could, but how does that justify or honor our dead? Then again to properly execute, to obtain real objectives it would mean the commitment of large numbers of resources and I don't see Obama as a man who has the resolve or personal dedication to handle such a decision.

He would have to sacrifice himself first and he isn't man enough for that. That is a personal observation and it has nothing to do with his political leanings, nor my political leanings!

Mike

Actually, my claim was the "impeach Obama" nonsense was the partisan hackery. Most especially when Afghanistan is used to "bolster" that lunatic, fringe nutjob idea.

I'm not so sure that it is all political hackery!

For me it's black or white. It is a simple evaluation of a person either honoring their job description or not honoring it. So far he is not, in regard to this issue and those under his command.

Mike

right now Osama is a bigger threat to national security than the terrorists.. he's aiding and abetting the enemy. giving them every chance under the sun !!!!

For me it's black or white. It is a simple evaluation of a person either honoring their job description or not honoring it. So far he is not, in regard to this issue and those under his command.

Mike
As soon as any of that is a crime, then you might have an impeachment case. Right now, it's just pure lunatic partisan hackery from deranged morons, exactly like the "impeach Booooosh" loons.

Can you not see that?

Mike
As soon as any of that is a crime, then you might have an impeachment case. Right now, it's just pure lunatic partisan hackery from deranged morons, exactly like the "impeach Booooosh" loons.

Can you not see that?

over 1500 "morons" and "lunatics" have signed it. so far. so everyone else is stupid xecpt you. we bow to your enlightned presense and your excellence in thought

Mike

Can you not see that?

over 1500 "morons" and "lunatics" have signed it. so far. so everyone else is stupid xecpt you. we bow to your enlightned presense and your excellence in thought
Ooooh 1500. That's alot.:cuckoo:

Sounds like a fringe. A lunatic fringe.

Can you not see that?

so sorry. we will do better. we are programmed to follow you your eminence

"We."

As if you had a mouse in your pocket.

The "Impeach Obama" lunatic fringe "movement" will never gain any ground, so long as Obama doesn't violate the law. Any more than the "Impeach Booooosh" lunatic fringe movement did.

I hope you're proud to be a signatory to such abject stupidity.

"We."

As if you had a mouse in your pocket.

The "Impeach Obama" lunatic fringe "movement" will never gain any ground, so long as Obama doesn't violate the law. Any more than the "Impeach Booooosh" lunatic fringe movement did.

I hope you're proud to be a signatory to such abject stupidity.

"we" is 200,000 plus veterans, so far including those on the military forum of which i am a proud member. they are working diligently 24/7. also we are taking up a collection to buy you the finest beers available. is that ok with your holiness????

Mike

Can you not see that?

Midnight, my opinion on this has nothing to do with it being a crime. My opinion is really much more simple. The man was hired to do a job. Being Commander & Chief brings certain responsibilities which every other commander in this nation who draws a pay check is also expected to adhere to and honor.

If Obama fails to properly equip and support those who serve at his command, it is dereliction of duty, poor job performance, not honoring his job description, call it what you wish. He is failing at the duties he was hired to perform, hence as with anyone else in this nation, replacement should be considered.

When I hire someone and they do not fulfill the job description or meet the required standards, I replace them. Politicians are employees of the people. It high time for the people to speak, across the board!

........& when it comes to American lives on the line, time is not a luxury.

Mike

Mike

Can you not see that?

Midnight, my opinion on this has nothing to do with it being a crime. My opinion is really much more simple. The man was hired to do a job. Being Commander & Chief brings certain responsibilities which every other commander in this nation who draws a pay check is also expected to adhere to and honor.

If Obama fails to properly equip and support those who serve at his command, it is dereliction of duty, poor job performance, not honoring his job description, call it what you wish. He is failing at the duties he was hired to perform, hence as with anyone else in this nation, replacement should be considered.

When I hire someone and they do not fulfill the job description or meet the required standards, I replace them. Politicians are employees of the people. It high time for the people to speak, across the board!

........& when it comes to American lives on the line, time is not a luxury.

Mike
In that case it's called "fail to re-elect" not "impeachment."

I hope you understand the difference.

Read up: click ----> Memo to new employee.

Forum List

Back