Obama vs. Afghanistan

Well today the White House (Obama) paraded out John Kerry (the Nam Hoax) to send a message of appeasement and half measures to the American people. My gut turned as I listened to his words and looked into his face.

Could there be any stronger of a message to our Armed Services, that their Commander & Chief, is not up to the task? .... !!

As Pakistan applies some real pressure for once, as they are actually taking the lead and attempting to push into the Pastun (sp?) region, our Commander & Chief, the same man who stood before the American voters and said, we need Pakistan to do more, sits indecisive now talking about war games to figure out the best way to go!

What a sad day as more American's perished with chopper mishaps.

This man, Obama is not up to the task of Commander & Chief and it could not be more clear. How any American could hang our own son's, daughters, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles and cousins out to dry as he currently is, ....... is simply mind boggling especiailly after all of the tragic and hard lessons we have learned about half measures and playing politics with American lives, in years past!

This American does not accept such actions and must as one voice demand that he step down as commander & chief and pass those duties on to someone more capable.

Mike

families should prevent son's, daughters, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles and cousins from enlisting. which i wanna see tanked. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You want to call for impeachment, fine. There will be no calling for the President of the United States to be assassinated, I don't care what party he's from. That's crossing the line.

Gunny

Knock this shit off. Obama couldn't lead recruits to chow, but there will be NO promoting the assassination of the President on this board period. You only get one warning on this.

I appreciate the cooperation of any and all concerned.

Gunny

With all due respect, I am not promoting any such thing. Further, I don't appreciate being accused of it.

Please review my words, my complaint is the man not fulfilling his obligation and I feel and do promote, that American's hold him or any public official liable if they do not perform their duties properly.

Where the hell does assassination come out of that?

We already have the vehicles in place in our government to deal with such issues and frankly in our court system. What I promote is the citizens standing up and demanding a more productive government and if not, then either vote them out or just flat out fire them.

So please, do not make me out to be some fanatical nut, because I am anything but. We do not assassinate or take up arms against our own. Period.

Mike

When I say calculated I mean structured, planned, formatted and well executed. It truly is time for the owners of the nation, the people, to demand that our employee's, the elected officials not only tend to their duties honestly and earnestly, but that they are productive.

Petitions are fine, but, they need to deal with facts and achievable goals. I understand what I speak of is hard to make happen, but, at some point the bridge is going to cave in and we will be left not only a nation divided, but without the resources to rebound.

This man, Obama is teetering on dereliction of his outlined duties as commander and chief. (he certainly isn't the first) but, maybe he can be the example needed, to set the tone for lasting reform in Washington, if he is called to the carpet on these things.

Just my opinion. .

Mike

to bad they won't listen. it took the townhall meetings to get their attention back to reality. it proved how totally out of touch they were with the voters. now, for the first time ever im hearing serious talk about a civil war. a fully armed rebellion.

Isn't it amazing how they reacted to the town hall events, when American's actually spoke up, spoke out, asked tough questions and then refused to swallow the bull shit responses?

ahuh ............ very telling indeed about the Washington mind set, most of all the left side, since they were the ones in the hot seat this time!

The name calling and degrading remarks made to and about Joe citizen was sickening. Yet, they are employed by us!

It's time for a wake up call and IMO it's called vote them out, all of them or nearly all of them! I believe a new breed of politician could be born during this period of time, if we the people had the backbone and resolve to follow through and demand better.

Ah well, we can kick this canteen around all day and not solve anything. I for one am fed up and the situation of not supporting our commanders in the field and our grunts, just gets my ass sore!

Mike

Exactly. We have legal means to remove the losers from office and we should use them. All the gum-flappers on the right that didn't vote because McCain wasn't right enough for them can shut up. You put yourselves out of power over a bunch of delusional BS.

The leftoids laughed all the way to the bank at y'all's moral stance because they don't give a damn. It's all about a win to them.

Get a clue.
(and no, this is not directed at Mike)

families should prevent son's, daughters, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles and cousins from enlisting. which i wanna see tanked. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You want to call for impeachment, fine. There will be no calling for the President of the United States to be assassinated, I don't care what party he's from. That's crossing the line.

Gunny

Knock this shit off. Obama couldn't lead recruits to chow, but there will be NO promoting the assassination of the President on this board period. You only get one warning on this.

Gunny

With all due respect, I am not promoting any such thing. Further, I don't appreciate being accused of it.

Please review my words, my complaint is the man not fulfilling his obligation and I feel and do promote, that American's hold him or any public official liable if they do not perform their duties properly.

We already have the vehicles in place in our government to deal with such issues and frankly in our court system. What I promote is the citizens standing up and demanding a more productive government and if not, then either vote them out or just flat out fire them.

So please, do not make me out to be some fanatical nut, because I am anything but. We do not assassinate or take up arms against our own. Period.

Mike
Gunny was replying to namvet's post, which happened to quote yours. He was not addressing you, from what it looks like to me.

However, ALL USMB partons IMO should join in universally denouncing this worthless fucking troll that is namvet:

Fellow USMB forumites, regardless of stripe, please join me in denouncing this idiot:

Gunny

Gunny

Mike

I did not state nor imply you were promoting anything.

Gunny

Mike
Gunny was replying to namvet's post, which happened to quote yours. He was not addressing you, from what it looks like to me.

However, ALL USMB partons IMO should join in universally denouncing this worthless fucking troll that is namvet:

Fellow USMB forumites, regardless of stripe, please join me in denouncing this idiot:

NO. This is not a dogpile. I made my point in public for the edification of all. He just happened to be the one to post it. I clarified the rules, it's a done deal.

Thanks,

:offtopic: ....(maybe this would be a good time to get back to the original post)

Obama vs. Afghanistan
Sometimes you can only Guess at these things.

I believe the reason Obama hasn't made a decision on Afghanistan is that he doesn't want to upset his liberal base.

He wants Obamacare to pass, the election in Virginia and New Jersey to take place and he's afraid that if he sends troops to Afghanistan his base will be disillusioned and wont turn out to vote.

Exactly my point. :clap2:

I think we all agree on that point. I'm just not seeing where comparing Afghanistan to Vietnam is partisan hackery. There are more similarities than dissimilarities.

We're supporting a loser, impotent government against an enemy dedicated to total war. The government there only doesn't look bad by comparison. It's as backwards-assed as the rest of the damn ME.

We're playing by some arbitrary, moral rules to appease PCness and the left, while they damned sure don't hold themselves to the standadr they do our troops.

The CinC is an idiot and couldn't lead recruits to chow.

Meanwhile, our troops are getting killed off for a strategy that has no goal, nor even a tactical plan for carrying it. "Kill the Taliban" is NOT a strategy nor tactic. It's kindergarten sandbox bullshit.
Again, I think we both agree there are parallels and legitimate points on how it COULD become a Vietnam, but also agree we're not there yet.

And don't want to be.

How are we not there? We were stomping the crap out of the VC and NVA. Tet 68 for NV was a colossal military loss. The VC was cmpletely removed from any further scene it had been so wiped out.

Yet, our media, with Sir Walter in the lead, led us to believe that Tet 68 was a failure on our part and we could not win the war, handing the north a political win in OUR country.

Up to that point, the US was "business as usual as it is now. The same crap can happen now that happened then.

Well it seems that the quotes confused me. No matter, I made my point as well.

I will make another from my point of view anyway ............

Domestic Terrorism is worse than anything outsiders could throw at us. Things like assassination, taking up arms against our government or military, isolated targets and so on.

It is worse because it is brother against brother, it rips and shreds the fabric of our nation apart.

As educated and civilized people we can mix things up just fine in Washington or at the local Town Hall on local issues, simply by voicing and voting our will. By using the vehicles we have in place legally.

Naturally when our rights are stepped on and when American's in harms way don't seem to be getting the support they deserve, emotions can run very high, I know mine do. However, in spite of what some would like to believe, the foundation of this nation was not built on fanatical ideals or extreme fringe group ideals.

Those who want a free, yet untied America will not preserve those ideals or gain them back, in some cases, by turning on our own brothers, no matter how much we might disagree with them.

We have a right to defend our own, meaning our family and personal property. We should always stand firm in doing that, but, that is where the line should be drawn.

In regard to Obama, his skin color does not make him a good public official or a bad one. His religion does not make him either. Nor does his gender. Hence he should not be judged or measured by any of those. Further, if he does not or cannot properly do his job, then he, as with any public official should be held accountable by the people, for whom he serves. Again, the means are in place for this, if the people feel strongly enough.

I am an old school conservative, so I was not thrilled with John McCain, no matter my other reasons for having great respect for him. However, I cast a vote for a person based on substance, the substance of what they have done, not what they claim they are going to do. Needless to say, Obama did not get my vote and I have voted for some Blue Dogs in the past.

Hopefully those who do have fanatical ideals will reconsider their position and what is best for our nation as a whole in the long run and act accordingly. A political revolution does not take place in the streets with bats, knives or guns, not in this nation. It takes place in the hearts, minds and voices of free American's who are willing to put worth the effort to rally, organize and vote!

Just my thoughts.

Mike

nope we have another LBJ and another Vietnam. putting liberals in charge of wars is like a monkey running around with a stick a dynamite and a blow torch. just like in Nam its a guerilla war. there's only 1 rule. it unfair to play fair. Al-Qaeda and the taliban smell blood and they'll move in for the kill. just watch the body count.

Disagree. Bush would better fit your comparison to LBJ than Obama does. Like him or not, agree with his policies or not, he inherited this war. LBJ could have walked without a war. Obama got one handed to him.

The fact he is, IMO about as qualified to be CinC as my cocker spaniel is a separate issue from the war itself. Who the President is does not decide whether or not we should be in Afghanistan.

I think we all agree on that point. I'm just not seeing where comparing Afghanistan to Vietnam is partisan hackery. There are more similarities than dissimilarities.

We're supporting a loser, impotent government against an enemy dedicated to total war. The government there only doesn't look bad by comparison. It's as backwards-assed as the rest of the damn ME.

We're playing by some arbitrary, moral rules to appease PCness and the left, while they damned sure don't hold themselves to the standadr they do our troops.

Meanwhile, our troops are getting killed off for a strategy that has no goal, nor even a tactical plan for carrying it. "Kill the Taliban" is NOT a strategy nor tactic. It's kindergarten sandbox bullshit.
Again, I think we both agree there are parallels and legitimate points on how it COULD become a Vietnam, but also agree we're not there yet.

And don't want to be.

How are we not there? We were stomping the crap out of the VC and NVA. Tet 68 for NV was a colossal military loss. The VC was cmpletely removed from any further scene it had been so wiped out.

Yet, our media, with Sir Walter in the lead, led us to believe that Tet 68 was a failure on our part and we could not win the war, handing the north a political win in OUR country.

Up to that point, the US was "business as usual as it is now. The same crap can happen now that happened then.

Amen! So very true and yes, it could happen now and we very well could be close to that door opening, depending on what the White House does in the very near future!

Further, if things do go down that path in Afghanistan, it could also send Iraq backwards and make it a slipper slope as well.

Mike

a calculated one is ????

When I say calculated I mean structured, planned, formatted and well executed. It truly is time for the owners of the nation, the people, to demand that our employee's, the elected officials not only tend to their duties honestly and earnestly, but that they are productive.

Petitions are fine, but, they need to deal with facts and achievable goals. I understand what I speak of is hard to make happen, but, at some point the bridge is going to cave in and we will be left not only a nation divided, but without the resources to rebound.

This man, Obama is teetering on dereliction of his outlined duties as commander and chief. (he certainly isn't the first) but, maybe he can be the example needed, to set the tone for lasting reform in Washington, if he is called to the carpet on these things.

Just my opinion. .

Mike

to bad they won't listen. it took the townhall meetings to get their attention back to reality. it proved how totally out of touch they were with the voters. now, for the first time ever im hearing serious talk about a civil war. a fully armed rebellion.

It takes more than you and your drinking buddies, namvet.

And don't want to be.

Agreed, with the bolded caveat.

for the first time ever im hearing serious talk about a civil war. a fully armed rebellion.
You're not hearing "serious" talk about that from anyone sane. You're hearing that from your birds of a feather, the lunatic fringe idiots who want the President impeached and/or assassinated.

You're either just a mindless troll, or an affront to every American and everything that is American. Or both.

i want any shit outta you ill squeeze your fuckin' head moron

for the first time ever im hearing serious talk about a civil war. a fully armed rebellion.
You're not hearing "serious" talk about that from anyone sane. You're hearing that from your birds of a feather, the lunatic fringe idiots who want the President impeached and/or assassinated.

You're either just a mindless troll, or an affront to every American and everything that is American. Or both.

Internet tuffguy. Wants to see the President assassinated. You and your ilk need to be jailed, kept in a cage like any other dangerous animal.

Internet tuffguy. Wants to see the President assassinated. You and your ilk need to be jailed, kept in a cage like any other dangerous animal.

so when do they open your cage door girley man ????

so when do they open your cage door girley man ????
Just in time to put you in it, limp-dicked little bitch.

hey faggot someone asked you if your served you didn't answer. well **** did you, huh did you serve??? come on hero answer up
Claims of military service on a message board mean absolutely nothing. Therefore I make none.

I seriously doubt you ever served. You expect us to believe you had the same billet in the Navy for five years? All in Nam or in the waters off Nam?

You're a liar.

You could however, hit me on a PM with your service number. I have some friends in the OIG who would be happy to verify.

That is, if you're really as tuffie as you pretend to be here.

Just in time to put you in it, limp-dicked little bitch.

hey faggot someone asked you if your served you didn't answer. well **** did you, huh did you serve??? come on hero answer up
Claims of military service on a message board mean absolutely nothing. Therefore I make none.

I seriously doubt you ever served. You expect us to believe you had the same billet in the Navy for five years? All in Nam or in the waters off Nam?

You're a liar.

You could however, hit me on a PM with your service number. I have some friends in the OIG who would be happy to verify.

you make none cause your a fuckin coward - ran home and hide under momma's dress huh ???? you piece coward shit

You're a liar.

you make none cause your a fuckin coward - ran home and hide under momma's dress huh ???? you piece coward shit
Send me the info little bitch. Otherwise your claim of service is nothing but a lie, from a coward.

Forum List

Back