Obama "Very Interested" In Raising Taxes Through Executive Action

Then lower the bills by cutting discretionary spending.
The problem that occurs when government bugle calls for more taxes is that the majority of people get the shaft. That reaches across all levels of income.
So instead of robbing the people. The government should be cutting the "gifts" and grants...For example...arts..why the hell should the federal government be in the business of funding art? Art includes motion pictures, TV and audio....Why should the federal government by subsidizing research that in the end, the private sector will not invest because there is no possible return on investment.......Why is the federal government spending money on public education? That should be a state and local matter. Same thing goes for housing. Let the private sector build and maintain housing.
Tell me, why should the taxpayers be saddled with the cost to rebuild beach houses blown away by storms? The owners should have had their properties insured. Same thing goes for mudslides and earthquakes. FEMA resources should be limited to public infrastructure and viability of communities. Not homes owned by individuals.
Why should the federal government be involved in bailing out failing or failed business? What is the federal government doing spending money on the auto industry? Why is the government giving hundreds of billions of dollars to otherwise ungrateful countries that do not act in the best interests of the US?
Why are the majority funding source for the UN?
Why are we not enforcing rules and regulations on social programs?
And finally, it snowed today in Washington DC...And once again, the taxpayers had to pay federal workers to NOT work....That's outrageous. Plow the fucking streets and get your ass to work...Just like everyone else.

So let's attack the arts. Why not have companies like Walmart et al pay back all of their subsidies they've obtained?

Why should the government make people whole after a major disaster? Because insurance companies only pay 30% to 60% of the rebuild cost. Read you insurance policy! Unless you have an ADDITIONAL gap plan you will be significantly out-of-pocket. And there's no guarantee that will work.

The program that funded Solyndra is making money. After Solyndra Loss U.S. Energy Loan Program Turning A Profit NPR

If federal employees went to work during snow emergencies how much longer would it take everyone to get to work?

How many inventions either directly or indirectly made by NASA do you use everyday?

Here's a list.

LAOROSA DESIGN-JUNKY 26 NASA Inventions That We Take For Granted Everyday...

The thing about that is many people are over skilled for their positions in life but they are kept their due to the controlling nature of things. Yes owners provide and deal with a lot of crap, but does it really entitle them to soooo much more worldly possessions and wealth that really do nothing more than create greed, envy, and criminalistics ways? Everyone works hard and most people choose where they want to be. Most people don't choose to fall into wealth and the ones who create it still don't work much harder than the average person. Granted they have more knowledge and understand things better but does that really make them more entitled?

On a day filled with whiny, sniveling loony leftist posts on this thread yours rings the bell as the silliest, and I mean that with all due respect. Those who are "over skilled" have the right and the opportunity to get a better job or, if they are up to the task, start their own business. Those who make good money have the right to enjoy it without your jealous eyeballs watching their wallets and I can't believe anyone could be so stupid as to claim "everyone works hard." Let me guess ... you're 14 years old, right?

Let me guess, you fail to observe the world around you.. I agree a lot of people do not work hard or at all but those who are over skill get kept in their place by higher authorities because they think they know best... Granted many people just don't want the higher responsibilities but that does not mean they can not do some of the more daunting tasks. In a world that screams survival of the fittest you cannot sit there and say many people don't get left behind because they got screwed over by someone over along the way. Take your demeaning comment for example. So quick to take a stab at someone before hearing anything else... So while they may have the right most have no chance in hell at having the right opportunities. Call it jealousy but jealousy can only be created by an unfair system. Say you drive by someone in your Bentley or are being chauffeured around in your limo, of course there is going to people wishing they could have stuff like that. Don't get me wrong, some just think they are more deserving as well when they could not handle what some of the wealthy go through. But does that mean they need to be slaves who can barley afford to get by while the wealth and all the fancy possessions are being rubbed in their face day in and day out? All of that is what really creates greed, envy, and war...
Wow...How you have been intoxicated by the kool aid of class envy...
A generation ago, when an expensive car went by, the parent would point out to the child that if they stayed in school, worked hard and did the right things, they too had a chance to one day own one of those cars..
Today, you people tell your kids that the person driving that car is their enemy. That if they were not so greedy, their parent could afford to give them the things the other kids have. That because that person has that car, their parents have less.
This class envy mentality has decimated the work ethic in this country. And has created a sense of entitlement.
Let's look back at the miserable failure that was Occupy Wall Street. We had groups of people made up mostly of college graduates, who were pissed off because they were not making the kind of money to which they thought they were entitled due the mere virtue that they had a degree.
They were deluded to the notion that simply getting the degree was the end of their efforts.
That is only the beginning. The real work starts once one finishes their education.

The Wall Street Journal notes that three of the tax breaks to which Sanders refers — check-the-box loophole, Hewlett-Packard loophole, and the real estate investment trust loophole — were created by administrative actions or regulations, rendering them vulnerable to being closed by executive action. Sanders proposes closing the other three loopholes — corporate inversions, carried interest loophole, and valuation discounts — through regulatory powers assigned to the Treasury Department.

Don't any of you dumb fucks EVER do a little Google search before you get you panties all twisted up in a knot?

Sanders wants Obama to eliminate tax loopholes that were already created by admin actions. Were you all bitching when these tax loopholes were opened up? Fuck no.
If our corp tax rate were not so confiscatory, the incentives would be unnecessary.

There's is much more than that to federal gov't spending and when it exceeds tax revenues it is OVERSPENDING. You loony lefties can't even say the fuckin' word. Try it ... OVERSPENDING.
I don't understand why you aren't computing what I am saying lol. Yes you douche over spending is a problem but so is egregious tax cuts. Even without Bush and Obama's crazy defense spending, Bush's tax cuts added 4 trillion to our national debt. We need to cut spending AND raise taxes.
I'm curious, how does decreasing tax income equate to increasing the national debt? I'd appreciate you explaining how that math works out. Thanks in advance.
You mean how does cutting revenue lead to more debt? Because revenue as a percentage of GDP is near the historic low. We already do not have sufficient revenue to pay the gov's bills. More cutting leads to more borrowing.
If our debt surpasses our income, a far better, more intelligent solution would be to decrease the debt. If we don't raise enough revenue to pay the bills, we should probably refrain from creating more bills, don't you think? This nation will never balance a budget by spending like drunken sailors in port and then robbing the next generation to pay for such profligate waste.
Yes we have a spending problem but I think the bigger problem is how the system is designed to never let the government get out of debt. As soon as the money comes off the press there is a interest rate attached to it. So we look at our debt and say we are so far in but how much of that debt is actually the interest that comes with the money??? and you call it overspending, but who is responsible for putting the price tags on everything we buy? take the actual money out of the equation and you just have materials. Valuable materials that too many people take advantage of. Everyone is too focused on looking at things in numerical value and not economical, sustainable or humane value.
Actually the prime rate, the rate banks charge each other to borrow money is ZERO.....Money is cheap right now. A great opportunity for the government to start paying off the interest owed on the debt.

The thing about that is many people are over skilled for their positions in life but they are kept their due to the controlling nature of things. Yes owners provide and deal with a lot of crap, but does it really entitle them to soooo much more worldly possessions and wealth that really do nothing more than create greed, envy, and criminalistics ways? Everyone works hard and most people choose where they want to be. Most people don't choose to fall into wealth and the ones who create it still don't work much harder than the average person. Granted they have more knowledge and understand things better but does that really make them more entitled?

On a day filled with whiny, sniveling loony leftist posts on this thread yours rings the bell as the silliest, and I mean that with all due respect. Those who are "over skilled" have the right and the opportunity to get a better job or, if they are up to the task, start their own business. Those who make good money have the right to enjoy it without your jealous eyeballs watching their wallets and I can't believe anyone could be so stupid as to claim "everyone works hard." Let me guess ... you're 14 years old, right?

Let me guess, you fail to observe the world around you.. I agree a lot of people do not work hard or at all but those who are over skill get kept in their place by higher authorities because they think they know best... Granted many people just don't want the higher responsibilities but that does not mean they can not do some of the more daunting tasks. In a world that screams survival of the fittest you cannot sit there and say many people don't get left behind because they got screwed over by someone over along the way. Take your demeaning comment for example. So quick to take a stab at someone before hearing anything else... So while they may have the right most have no chance in hell at having the right opportunities. Call it jealousy but jealousy can only be created by an unfair system. Say you drive by someone in your Bentley or are being chauffeured around in your limo, of course there is going to people wishing they could have stuff like that. Don't get me wrong, some just think they are more deserving as well when they could not handle what some of the wealthy go through. But does that mean they need to be slaves who can barley afford to get by while the wealth and all the fancy possessions are being rubbed in their face day in and day out? All of that is what really creates greed, envy, and war...
Granted many people just don't want the higher responsibilities
And there ya have it. No business owner is going to pay more to people who show no effort to improve their skill sets.
yeah but they fail to see all the hardships peoples go through and how many struggles they have on the low income they make. We have to live within our means. which is not taught in schools and actually the banks and credit card companies promote borrowing and overspending to trap people in the high interest rates. Just because someone is not that bright does not mean that they should be subject to bad teachings and subliminal messaging just to make others wealthier. We need to use our broadcasting systems to teach people not scam them and try to make as much money as possible. Like the entertainment industry doe not give a shit about what messages they put out there. All they care about is their ratings and cash flow.

Yeah, right..That's exactly what I wrote.
The fact of the matter is our economy IS supply side,. And it works.
And of course you being a lib, completely evaded the issue of fiscal responsibility.
Oh, here's an idea..Limit the spending on those "programs"....
I'll go even one step further. Given that much of social spending is non discretionary which means each fiscal year the budget must be maintained and typically with baseline budgeting, there are mandated yearly increases that are independent of the actual amount spent, why not simply decrease the annual increase?
Look, for the sake of argument I will stipulate the situation is as dire as you claim.....so,instead of providing a virtual blank check, have independent auditors go through the books of these departments and cut the fat. Get rid of all unnecessary spending. Cut unproductive staff. And here's the easiest one. Cut expenses.
For example. Instead of having to fill out endless amounts of forms that go through multiple levels in a chain of command to buy a box of paper clips, send someone to the closest Walmart and buy them for one tenth the price?.....
The problem with government is that it is too full of itself.
We have a myriad of departments which are staffed by managers, supervisors, forepersons, team leaders all of which have assistants who report to other people. These people have to justify their employment. So the managers come up with policies and procedures that are triple and quadruple redundant.
You lefties bitch and moan about defense spending because 40 years ago you heard about $1200 toilet seats and $600 screwdrivers....Well here's a newsflash, Every single federal dept spends money in the same manner.
Don't come to me demanding more of my money until you buck up and demand your elected officials fix the above described problems.

Trickle down DOES NOT WORK. Here's a great article on why.

A Wealthy Capitalist on Why Money Doesn t Trickle Down BillMoyers.com

I do understand fiscal responsibility. It's the responsibility of Republicans to keep my bank account, as well as every other multimillionaire getting bigger. Thanks to people like you voting for Republicans, it works!

Cut unproductive staff? Who would that be?

Have federal programs been managed correctly? No. But the responsibility is two-fold, the government, and the contractor taking advantage.

BOTTOM LINE: As a middle class person, quit feeding the Republican/Libertarian/teabagger hand that screws you.

Libs arent interested in using the tax code to generate revenue. They're interested i using the tax code to punish people they feel deserve it, because they're more successful or whatever. Obama himself admitted this.

The rich shouldn't pay the same effective tax rate as you? FYI, we pay less.

The problem isn't the system or tax revenues but rather the drunken sailor spending.

No the problem is that we committed to spend all this money years ago. And then we cut the income needed to service this debt by considerable amounts.

What the hell did people think would happen when there were commitments made to spend tremendous amounts of money, then cut the income needed to pay for the spending.

For instance, you think the Afghanistan and Iraq wars were free? No matter what Bush and Co said.

For instance, we have a very expensive drug benefit program for seniors. There was never a provision made to pay for the service. So taxes were cut. Then the debt blew up. And some act like this is a mystery that this happened.

On a yearly basis. Obama has spent as few dollars as any President in a long time. His administration though has had to deal with the most costly wars and drug benefits program as well as dealing with a huge financial collapse. And large decreases in tax receipts.

You can't just stop paying for the goods and services that have been used. You can come up with more income to pay those bills. Like should have been done in the first place. This ain't rocket science.
No the problem is that we committed to spend all this money years ago.
Oh? Then "un" commit it.

I don't understand why you aren't computing what I am saying lol. Yes you douche over spending is a problem but so is egregious tax cuts. Even without Bush and Obama's crazy defense spending, Bush's tax cuts added 4 trillion to our national debt. We need to cut spending AND raise taxes.
I'm curious, how does decreasing tax income equate to increasing the national debt? I'd appreciate you explaining how that math works out. Thanks in advance.
You mean how does cutting revenue lead to more debt? Because revenue as a percentage of GDP is near the historic low. We already do not have sufficient revenue to pay the gov's bills. More cutting leads to more borrowing.
If our debt surpasses our income, a far better, more intelligent solution would be to decrease the debt. If we don't raise enough revenue to pay the bills, we should probably refrain from creating more bills, don't you think? This nation will never balance a budget by spending like drunken sailors in port and then robbing the next generation to pay for such profligate waste.
Yes we have a spending problem but I think the bigger problem is how the system is designed to never let the government get out of debt. As soon as the money comes off the press there is a interest rate attached to it. So we look at our debt and say we are so far in but how much of that debt is actually the interest that comes with the money??? and you call it overspending, but who is responsible for putting the price tags on everything we buy? take the actual money out of the equation and you just have materials. Valuable materials that too many people take advantage of. Everyone is too focused on looking at things in numerical value and not economical, sustainable or humane value.
Actually the prime rate, the rate banks charge each other to borrow money is ZERO.....Money is cheap right now. A great opportunity for the government to start paying off the interest owed on the debt.
Yeah they charge each other Zero because they control the money. You notice how you say money is cheap right now?? why should money cost anything?? Hmm we created money for the purpose of exchanging goods. But then since there is labor involved in creating money they saw a perfect opportunity to become wealthy and in doing so don't really care about the ones working to create that money or the ones they lend it out too. Now I have to say that the interest rate on home purchases is very good. But if things were done right there would be no need to borrow money to pay for a home. I mean if you don't come from wealth you are forced to borrow money to purchase a home or pay others to pay off their home. Why is that fair to anyone? If it weren't for having to go to school for the first 18 to 24 years of your life there would be no debt. Or if we could implement a system that allowed students to earn money for going to school and learning the world would be much better off and kids would want to learn more and do better things.

Most likely they are paid wages appropriate for their skill level in concert with the prevailing market rates...

If you drive down the market rates you can pay less for employees. Nice way to treat people.
Non sequitur.....
BTW, you libs should check your fire on illegal immigrants...It is because of a mass influx of uneducated cheap labor, market rates are falling.
And don't hand me this nonsense about "jobs Americans won't do"..Thats a load of crap...And I can prove it.
In any event, how is it that business owners are manipulating the market for wages?

I really want to know how much extra money was spent on those wars, then if not?

(Reuters) - The U.S. war in Iraqhas cost $1.7 trillion with an additional $490 billion in benefits owed to war veterans, expenses that could grow to more than $6 trillion over the next four decades counting interest, a study released on Thursday said.

Can't a man of your intelligence use Google? Weird that you can't. Aren't you sitting at a computer now?

Now you tell me, What benefit was gained for America by invading Iraq?
It's very simple then....Obama should pull the troops, correct?

We blew 150 tomahawk missles at $500,000 a piece for example, but they are made in the USA by Union workers and provided jobs for there local Economies during a recession

How many time do you have to be told that the government does not create jobs? Don't you ever read what the rabbit says? You should sometime. It's a hoot.

But seeing as how you recognize that the government can and does create jobs, just think of all the jobs that could be created with a full scale war against say a Russia. Full employment in no time. Prosperity for all except those that get killed or maimed in the war. But they are all volunteers.
Government contracts employ businesses. The businesses employ the workers.
However, you people have stated clearly that we spend far too much on defense.
In any event. for every dollar in a contract, the federal government spends ( needs to borrow)$1.50....That includes the interest on the debt.
Taxing people into oblivion does not solve the problem of government spending. Fiscal responsibility does that.
The only thing adding to the tax burden does is in the short term give those bozos in Washington more to spend on the same bullshit.

If our corp tax rate were not so confiscatory, the incentives would be unnecessary.

The fact remain the US has the16th lowest effective (actual) tax rate. (Industrialized nations)
The rate is 35%.....And if our rate were lower( how about the lowest) there would be no need to send production off shore. No reason for inversions. No need for companies to invest overseas instead of domestically.
16th lowest. Who cares. The fact is the rate effective or not is chasing business and jobs out of the country.

Yeah they charge each other Zero because they control the money. You notice how you say money is cheap right now?? why should money cost anything?? Hmm we created money for the purpose of exchanging goods. But then since there is labor involved in creating money they saw a perfect opportunity to become wealthy and in doing so don't really care about the ones working to create that money or the ones they lend it out too. Now I have to say that the interest rate on home purchases is very good. But if things were done right there would be no need to borrow money to pay for a home. I mean if you don't come from wealth you are forced to borrow money to purchase a home or pay others to pay off their home. Why is that fair to anyone? If it weren't for having to go to school for the first 18 to 24 years of your life there would be no debt. Or if we could implement a system that allowed students to earn money for going to school and learning the world would be much better off and kids would want to learn more and do better things.
No..The federal reserve sets interest rates.
Don't give me the "they have all the toys and make all the rules" whine. Not interested.
Money should ALWAYS cost something. If I have to buy something and I do not have the funds, I have to borrow the money from someone else. That means the lender has to give up some of their money. In effect, the lender is making an investment. That is in the form of trust. Trusting me to repay the loan. That requires compensation. Now if the lender cannot realize a return( money being free) then the lender has no incentive to lend...

The fact remain the US has the16th lowest effective (actual) tax rate. (Industrialized nations)
The rate is 35%.....And if our rate were lower( how about the lowest) there would be no need to send production off shore. No reason for inversions. No need for companies to invest overseas instead of domestically.
16th lowest. Who cares. The fact is the rate effective or not is chasing business and jobs out of the country.
BS. More like shortsighted GOP marketing majors who believe that bs and that labor costs make a big difference- now coming home again. The really criminal thing is GOP tax incentives for them to outsource. Hater dupes of greedy idiot GOP billionaires...so thick...

BS. More like shortsighted GOP marketing majors who believe that bs and that labor costs make a big difference- now coming home again. The really criminal thing is GOP tax incentives for them to outsource. Hater dupes of greedy idiot GOP billionaires...so thick...

ALL costs make a difference the more ANYTHING costs to produce makes it cost more to the end user.
Are you really that stupid?

while the owners get richer.

you stupid fucking :asshole: "the owners get richer", that is the way it is supposed to work you stupid fucking commie !

get your stupid lazy ass out and get a job that pays better than your welfare check.

is your parents getting tired of you filling their basement with your shit ?

if not, they should..., and kick your lazy ass OUT !!!
OHHH that is the way it is supposed work??? Such harsh words. Let me guess you must be one who found a way to pretend to work so hard while sitting back collecting off the ones who actually bust their ass. Does it make you feel better when you belittle people while sitting on your high horse? Only a lack of greater intelligence would choose words like that to defend their principals of living. So full of anger and hatred. Let me guess your parents kicked your ass out cause you chose the wrong path? So you live and strive off the pain of others to make a living without care or regret..
Ricky....One thing you libs like to ignore is the fact that business owners take ALL of the risks. It is THEIR money. If the business fails, the workers walk away. The business owner loses everything. Based only on that, the business owner receives the largest share of the profits( if any)...If the business loses money, the employees do not feel the effect at all. They get their paychecks. The business owner may not pay himself at all.
I suppose you feel that all business owners are flush with cash drawn from some magic pot reserved only for business people.
"Oh you have the money.".....How many times have I heard THAT!
Oh, here's where your argument loses. Those who are unhappy with their earnings have two main choices.
They can show their employer new skills or show initiative in their job and a willingness to improve which the employer will reward.
Or, that person is free to move on to another employer.....

Forum List

Back