Obama "Very Interested" In Raising Taxes Through Executive Action

Which means that the next Republican president can just as easily cut taxes using the same method. Cheering Obama on in this will result in some badly bitten butts.
When did Obama raise taxes with an EO?

What does that have to do with the topic at hand?
Exactly - he hasn't raised taxes with an EO.

I thought that was pretty obvious given that we've been talking about whether he will or not, but maybe that's just me.
I'm saying that eliminating loopholes is not raising taxes.
Define "loophole"..And from where do so called loopholes originate?

Did either of those use executive orders to circimvent Congress and rewrite laws?
Yes.
Links?
You're asking for examples? Is that because you're a dumbass who doesn't know recent history, and has no business debating on this site?

OK - Bush used an EO to forbid Federal funding of stem cell research. That's clearly an issue (funding) that should originate in the House.

Why was that not illegal?
Why was it not challenged in court?
Is everything not challenged in court automatically legal?
There is a difference between what is "legal" and "the law"....

Tell me you deny the federal gov't funds its OVERSPENDING by borrowing or printing more money.
Um borrowing money yes certainly. Printing money? Lol not even close

Really? What limit do you see to our gov't's ability to print money? Either way - print or borrow - it is used to fund gov't OVERSPENDING.
Just answer this question: what funds any level of government spending? Our badass military? Hell your local police force? Highways?

There's is much more than that to federal gov't spending and when it exceeds tax revenues it is OVERSPENDING. You loony lefties can't even say the fuckin' word. Try it ... OVERSPENDING.
I don't understand why you aren't computing what I am saying lol. Yes you douche over spending is a problem but so is egregious tax cuts. Even without Bush and Obama's crazy defense spending, Bush's tax cuts added 4 trillion to our national debt. We need to cut spending AND raise taxes.
Egregious tax cuts...Please provide an example...As to egregious.
BTW, military spending is non-discretionary.

Who is claiming Obama raised taxes? Link?

So you admit to being ignorant of the topic of the thread? ;)
No. Eliminating loopholes is not raising taxes.

That's not what the article OR Earnest say's ;)

"White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest confirmed Monday that President Obama is "very interested" in the idea of raising taxes through unilateral executive action."

So you make shit up and think you are clever ;)
That's not what Earnest said, liar.

The article writer added "in the idea of raising taxes", when Earnest actually talked about eliminating loopholes.

LOL, I posted exactly what he said,you are the liar here kid. ;)
You're a liar. Here are all the Josh Earnest quotes from your wingnut article:

"The president certainly has not indicated any reticence in using his executive authority to try and advance an agenda that benefits middle class Americans,"

"Now I don't want to leave you with the impression that there is some imminent announcement, there is not, at least that I know of," Earnest continued. "But the president has asked his team to examine the array of executive authorities that are available to him to try to make progress on his goals. So I am not in a position to talk in any detail at this point, but the president is very interested in this avenue generally," Earnest finished.​

That's it. So where does he talk about "raising taxes"? He doesn't, dope.

Tell me you deny the federal gov't funds its OVERSPENDING by borrowing or printing more money.
Um borrowing money yes certainly. Printing money? Lol not even close

Really? What limit do you see to our gov't's ability to print money? Either way - print or borrow - it is used to fund gov't OVERSPENDING.
Just answer this question: what funds any level of government spending? Our badass military? Hell your local police force? Highways?

There's is much more than that to federal gov't spending and when it exceeds tax revenues it is OVERSPENDING. You loony lefties can't even say the fuckin' word. Try it ... OVERSPENDING.
I don't understand why you aren't computing what I am saying lol. Yes you douche over spending is a problem but so is egregious tax cuts. Even without Bush and Obama's crazy defense spending, Bush's tax cuts added 4 trillion to our national debt. We need to cut spending AND raise taxes.
Raise taxes...For what purpose?
The federal government receives plenty. before new taxes are qualified, government must display fiscal responsibility.

Where did the Bush administration get their authority to decide to deny California the authority to regulate carbon dioxide emissions from automobiles?

Isn't that a States Rights issue?

That was one of his EOs.

So you admit to being ignorant of the topic of the thread? ;)

"White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest confirmed Monday that President Obama is "very interested" in the idea of raising taxes through unilateral executive action."

The article writer added "in the idea of raising taxes", when Earnest actually talked about eliminating loopholes.

"The president certainly has not indicated any reticence in using his executive authority to try and advance an agenda that benefits middle class Americans,"

"Now I don't want to leave you with the impression that there is some imminent announcement, there is not, at least that I know of," Earnest continued. "But the president has asked his team to examine the array of executive authorities that are available to him to try to make progress on his goals. So I am not in a position to talk in any detail at this point, but the president is very interested in this avenue generally," Earnest finished.​

The problem is contained in the following phrase.....""to make progress on his goals"...
That in and of itself indicates Obama believes he can act unilaterally to achieve an agenda HE himself believes is best.....

The problem is contained in the following phrase.....""to make progress on his goals"...
That in and of itself indicates Obama believes he can act unilaterally to achieve an agenda HE himself believes is best.....
I knew I would regret engaging with you again, knowing you're a dishonest piece of shit.

You left out the whole sentence:

"But the president has asked his team to examine the array of executive authorities that are available to him to try to make progress on his goals."

Array. Authorities. Goals.

Lol @ the angry republican.He know's social justice is coming to America.
And what exactly does social justice look like?

A whole lot like theft.
Yes a living wage for underpaid workers is theft, while the CEO's are making millions and billions..THAT is more like theft. Workers make,sell,stock the product but get the least amount of income from it.
Define "living wage"...
Here's the deal.....pay tv, cell phones, cars purchases that require the buyer to go into debt, going out to dinner, vacation trips, etc are luxuries. Not necessities.
I've seen the reasons why the living wage crowd and the stupid SEIU troublemakers give for a "living wage".....it's just more of the same sniveling gimme entitlement horseshit we've been annoyed with all along.

I

I knew I would regret engaging with you again, knowing you're a dishonest piece of shit.

"But the president has asked his team to examine the array of executive authorities that are available to him to try to make progress on his goals."

Obama's goals - Tax the shit out of the Middle-Class and make them poor dependents like blacks and Hispanics are.

It's called reading between the lines. It's called examining and questioning the real meaning of words in a sentence. It's called challenging ideas.

White House eyes executive action for possible corporate tax hikes Fox News

Three of the tax breaks were created through administrative actions or regulations which Sanders argues would allow Obama to reverse them through executive powers.

I wonder if anyone whined about a "dictator" when these tax breaks were created administratively.
It isnt the same thing.
All bills to raise revenue must originate in the House. Thats the Constitution.
You have no clue about the Constitution.

If a President writes an administrative action, the next President can void it.

THAT is the Constitution.
Non responsive

From the OP: 'liberal infrastructure projects like mass transit.' Does that mean that conservatives aren't allowed?

I posted exactly what Earnest said, take it up with him.

Again all of that aside he doesn't have the power to raise taxes in any shape or form.

The Constitution (you remember it) expressly gives that power to "Congress", separation of powers and all hat ;)

It is well known here that you are the dishonest one kid.

Lol @ the angry republican.He know's social justice is coming to America.
And what exactly does social justice look like?

A whole lot like theft.
Yes a living wage for underpaid workers is theft, while the CEO's are making millions and billions..THAT is more like theft. Workers make,sell,stock the product but get the least amount of income from it.
Define "living wage"...
Here's the deal.....pay tv, cell phones, cars purchases that require the buyer to go into debt, going out to dinner, vacation trips, etc are luxuries. Not necessities.
I've seen the reasons why the living wage crowd and the stupid SEIU troublemakers give for a "living wage".....it's just more of the same sniveling gimme entitlement horseshit we've been annoyed with all along.

Nobody from the Left has EVER defined "Living Wage".

They own the business that their grandfather started and now they keep it operating at a profitable level while providing a shit load of people with your skill level employed.

Didn't some marry into it?

Nice to see you lost the Ford misinformation t-shirt.

Forum List

Back