Obama tries to stop Texas execution

If Illegal Aliens aren't free to rape and murder our 16 year old daughters, are any of us truly free?

Look at all of the idiots that thanked you. None of you know any of the facts or anything about this case, but you jump right on the bandwagon because Obama is against it. And another thing, I thought you all are opposed to the death penalty. No??? But you say abortion is murder. Let me get this straight. You are against abortion but for the death penalty??? How do you hypocrites reconcile that???

Simple baby's don't rape and murder teenage girls....Understand now?

If Illegal Aliens aren't free to rape and murder our 16 year old daughters, are any of us truly free?

Look at all of the idiots that thanked you. None of you know any of the facts or anything about this case, but you jump right on the bandwagon because Obama is against it. And another thing, I thought you all are opposed to the death penalty. No??? But you say abortion is murder. Let me get this straight. You are against abortion but for the death penalty??? How do you hypocrites reconcile that???

Innocence vs guilt. The unborn child has done nothing to deserve the death sentence.

That is nothing but a cop out. You are either for or against killing. You cannot pick and choose your situations. It doesn't make sense.

Innocence vs guilt. The unborn child has done nothing to deserve the death sentence.

See post # 205. It also applies to you.

That is nothing but a cop out. You are either for or against killing. You cannot pick and choose your situations. It doesn't make sense.

I tend to agree. Death penalty is retroactive abortion. And to easy on the criminal. I would kill my self if a life time of misery and pain were ahead of me. Texas did Humberto Leal a favor.

Are you pro-abortion and anti-death penalty?

And here is where it gets interesting. At least the Catholic Church is consistent in this. Anti abortion, anti death penalty, anti euthenasia, anti war.

So you think people who murder should not be punished, but the innocent, who've done nothing, should?

Well, it looks like they offed the guy. Here is his picture btw;

Humberto-Leal-Garcia.jpg

I think that the State Department ran the opposition to the execution as a normal consideration. US citizens abroad who are arrested in foreign countries for whatever local crime are given counselor access.

I think Congress must pass a law applying the terms of any federal international treaty to States, before they are applied within the States. That is why we have Senators.

If Obama was doing anything other than going through the motions, in deference to the State Department, he did not show it. He could have pardoned or commuted.

So you think people who murder should not be punished, but the innocent, who've done nothing, should?

I didn't say that. Ever heard of a life sentence with no parole??

Yes, absolutely. I didn't make the death sentence the law, however it is the law and he new it full well when he did what he did to that girl. Justice is served.

IMO, because the death sentence actually costs the taxpayers more in terms of retrials, etc., I think there should be no death sentense. Let's save the taxpayers money whenever we can.

BTW, are you then against abortion, or is it only criminals you want to let live?

No. I would never have an abortion and I would never sentence anyone to death if I were on a jury.

Thats not what I asked...

Are you pro-abortion (aka "pro-choice") in that you support a woman's choice to kill her unborn child... Please answer that...

I am clear that you are against the death penalty...

Yes, absolutely. I didn't make the death sentence the law, however it is the law and he new it full well when he did what he did to that girl. Justice is served.

IMO, because the death sentence actually costs the taxpayers more in terms of retrials, etc., I think there should be no death sentense. Let's save the taxpayers money whenever we can.

BTW, are you then against abortion, or is it only criminals you want to let live?

I answered that in a prior post. I would never have an abortion.

No. I would never have an abortion and I would never sentence anyone to death if I were on a jury.

Are you pro-abortion (aka "pro-choice") in that you support a woman's choice to kill her unborn child... Please answer that...

I don't think it is my business what other women do, as a rule. However, I am very much against using abortion as a birth control method. I had an employee once that did that. She was only 22, and I took her to lunch to discuss it with her. Her answer was that she always thought she wouldn't get pregnant!!! I know, I know.

Right after that, she went to the doctor and got bc pills. I can see where an abortion might be the only answer for some women, but not two or three times. That pisses me off. So I guess I am pro-choice, but with some restrictions.

I don't think it is my business what other women do, as a rule. However, I am very much against using abortion as a birth control method. I had an employee once that did that. She was only 22, and I took her to lunch to discuss it with her. Her answer was that she always thought she wouldn't get pregnant!!! I know, I know.

Right after that, she went to the doctor and got bc pills. I can see where an abortion might be the only answer for some women, but not two or three times. That pisses me off. So I guess I am pro-choice, but with some restrictions.

So that being the case, you support abortions (in certain cases) while others support the death penalty (in certain cases)...

Now you understand why people can be against abortion but favor death penalty in certain cases...

Reminder - Your words: "You are either for or against killing. You cannot pick and choose your situations. It doesn't make sense."

Last edited:
UN official: US execution of Leal broke int'l law - Yahoo! News

UN official: US execution of Leal broke int'l law

GENEVA (AP) — The U.N.'s top human rights official says the U.S. breached international law when it executed a Mexican citizen.

Of course Obama tried to stop it, he's a law abiding president.

Not like that guy before him who broke international law so frequently it seemed he did it on a whim.

You mean the one that also tried to stop the execution of a Mexican on death row with pretty much the same story?

UN official: US execution of Leal broke int'l law - Yahoo! News

UN official: US execution of Leal broke int'l law

GENEVA (AP) — The U.N.'s top human rights official says the U.S. breached international law when it executed a Mexican citizen.

Of course Obama tried to stop it, he's a law abiding president.

Not like that guy before him who broke international law so frequently it seemed he did it on a whim.

You mean the one that also tried to stop the execution of a Mexican on death row with pretty much the same story?

Yep, that guy.

Well, it looks like they offed the guy. Here is his picture btw;

Humberto-Leal-Garcia.jpg

I think that the State Department ran the opposition to the execution as a normal consideration. US citizens abroad who are arrested in foreign countries for whatever local crime are given counselor access.

I think Congress must pass a law applying the terms of any federal international treaty to States, before they are applied within the States. That is why we have Senators.

If Obama was doing anything other than going through the motions, in deference to the State Department, he did not show it. He could have pardoned or commuted.

As far as I can tell, no one DENIED this guy consular access. They just didn't feel particularly obligated to suggest it to him. I don't doubt that if he'd wanted to call the Mexican consulate and have someone visit him in jail, it would have been allowed.

I think the federal government has no business signing treaties that give other countries anything to say about how the states run their business. The federal government should sign treaties dealing with FEDERAL issues, and leave the states and how they do their jobs out of it.

Forum List

Back