Obama traveling to Colorado for a Photo opp with shooting victums

As always, your facts are TOTAL Pub/Rush/Beck/Fox CRAPPE fit only for dupes...

"...The Sierra Club and other environmental groups had nothing to do with the flooding that resulted from Hurricane Katrina that killed hundreds, [David Bookbinder, senior attorney for Sierra Club] said. "It's unfortunate that the Bush administration is trying to shift the blame to environmental groups. It doesn't surprise me at all."
...[Contrary to what the NRO article says,] The levees that broke causing New Orleans to flood weren't Mississippi River levees. They were levees that protected the city from Lake Pontchartrain levees on the other side of the city..."

levees | Katrina Coverage

Just once, I wish you would prove me wrong.

From tinydancer's post.

"In 1977, SOWL obtained an injunction from U.S. District Judge Charles Schwartz enjoining the Corps of Engineers from building a billion dollar dam at the Chef Mentaur Rigolets Fort Pike Area, where the Gulf of Mexico enters into Lake Ponchartrain," SOWL added. This is part of the project experts say would have saved New Orleans from Katrina.

If that dam had existed the Gulf would not have flooded Lake Ponchartrain and New Orleans might not have flooded.

I don't have a problem with the President going to visit the victims. Not everything is political.

Me either. But just wait until a photo of Obama with relatives of the victims is released. The right wingers will be stomping their feet claiming its a photo opportunity to drum up more votes.

I don't have a problem with the President going to visit the victims. Not everything is political.

Me either. But just wait until a photo of Obama with relatives of the victims is released. The right wingers will be stomping their feet claiming its a photo opportunity to drum up more votes.

Some already have and it is...lets face facts, but I dont really have a problem with it and if Bush went, liberals would have a cow. It's the right thing to do and I can support that.

Nothing any environmentalists did prevented improving the levees that did break. Period.The kneejerk Pub propaganda/dupe reaction that environmentalists caused it is BS- their lawsuits protected natural systems, not the ninth ward etc. The root cause is lack of infrastucture investment caused by too low voodoo tax rates. It's not just roads and bridges...

Hello fuckhead!

The Sierra Club took the Army of Engineer Corps to court for a decade to save a fucking crustacean you moron.

If any one is to blame over the levees it's these numb nuts.

Link to that imaginary Pubcrappe?

Whoa geeze you really don't know this do you? I'm a huge water conservationist so I am very linked into the "enviro" world. Most are whackos. I do things like Ducks Unlimited where we actually make a difference.

Yeah. The Sierra Club fucked over the Corps for forever with different legal manouvers.

What type of links do you want? I can give you a quizzillion. I never lie.

Here's this for starters. Just the tip of the iceberg. And by the way, I know this area very well. My kennel came from this part of the world.

SOWL has always fought bitterly against the United States Army Corps of Engineers," the group's Web site boasts.

"In 1977, SOWL obtained an injunction from U.S. District Judge Charles Schwartz enjoining the Corps of Engineers from building a billion dollar dam at the Chef Mentaur Rigolets Fort Pike Area, where the Gulf of Mexico enters into Lake Ponchartrain," SOWL added. This is part of the project experts say would have saved New Orleans from Katrina.

Activists Blocked New Orleans Levee Plan | Heartlander Magazine

Let me know how many links you need.

Dont waste your time. The idiot probably thinks the democrats ordered all the pumps to be in operation too. But they were not.

obama went to Colorado. Why he went is debateable. It was the right thing to do, but was his arm twisted behind his back until he went?

I listened to his speech. He said "I" 25 times in a speech lasting just a few minutes.

Hate Obama much?

Of course you do. Why would you title a thread like that if you don't?

If the President didn't go to Colorado, he'd get criticized.

If he goes to CO, he gets criticized.

He is the President.

He SHOULD go to CO.

He should not get criticized for it.

I heartily recommend saving the criticism of the President for all the things he does or doesn't do which warrant criticism.

But for doing THIS? No. No criticism.

With all due respect, why?

Why does the President have to go?

I guess I'm remembering WACO and a President not going to any of their funerals.

I didn't say HAS to go.

I said "should."

And that makes it a matter of opinion predicated on my estimation of human decency and the more-or-less ceremonial nature of some of the duties in being President.

If the President didn't go to Colorado, he'd get criticized.

If he goes to CO, he gets criticized.

He is the President.

He SHOULD go to CO.

He should not get criticized for it.

I heartily recommend saving the criticism of the President for all the things he does or doesn't do which warrant criticism.

But for doing THIS? No. No criticism.

With all due respect, why?

Why does the President have to go?

I guess I'm remembering WACO and a President not going to any of their funerals.

I didn't say HAS to go.

I said "should."

And that makes it a matter of opinion predicated on my estimation of human decency and the more-or-less ceremonial nature of some of the duties in being President.

He should have waited for the public memorial and not anounced that he'd be going there solo the day after it happend

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoSmWK_-x4g]Mitt Romney Criticizes President Obama For Wanting To Hire More Police, Firemen and Teachers - YouTube[/ame]

And this piece of shit says we need LESS POLICE????????

If this is what you want America, go for it.

Obama's home town of Chicago had more murders last month than Aurora, Colorado. Nothing but politics.

You're a stone-cold fucking idiot. Of course Obama went to Aurora. Just like Bush went to New Orleans after Kat- oh wait.

He flew over New Orleans.

ap6.jpg

Obama's home town of Chicago had more murders last month than Aurora, Colorado. Nothing but politics.

You're a stone-cold fucking idiot. Of course Obama went to Aurora. Just like Bush went to New Orleans after Kat- oh wait.

A shooting and a natural disaster is not the same thing idiot

What exactly is your point? I'd explain mine further, but I kind of figure by your response it'd be like explaining thermonuclear dynamics to a dog's asshole.

(You're the dog's asshole.)

Forum List

Back