Obama traveling to Colorado for a Photo opp with shooting victums

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
Why does Obama have to run down there? These people are grieving, their family members have just been murdered, and Obama and his motorcade has to run down there

Obama heading to visit shooting victims, families

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama will travel to Colorado on Sunday to visit with victims of the movie theater shooting and their families.

White House communications director Dan Pfeiffer announced plans for the trip on Saturday night. Aides say will also include meetings with state and local officials.

Obama heading to visit shooting victims, families - CBS News

Well I really dont mind it, sure it's a political stunt, but it is a pretty serious issue. I hope he doesnt turn it political, because then I wont be so nice. Also I'd like to hear him say he'd feed the culprit (whoever it is, not trying to blame the guy in custody yet) to sharks with fricken laser beams on their heads.

You know, I'm no fan of our President, but this is the right thing to do.

If he uses this visit as a campaign tool, then you can criticize the man.

You know I am FAR from an Obama supporter but I do believe he shoudl go there. They need to know the president is behind them in this tragedy

Why does Obama have to run down there? These people are grieving, their family members have just been murdered, and Obama and his motorcade has to run down there

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama will travel to Colorado on Sunday to visit with victims of the movie theater shooting and their families.

White House communications director Dan Pfeiffer announced plans for the trip on Saturday night. Aides say will also include meetings with state and local officials.

It's what Presidents do and it means a lot to the families

Of course, if he didn't go, we would get twice as many threads about how he doesn't give a shit about the victims

Oh, so it's a "photo op" instead of being presidential?

I can just hear you wingnuts whining if he didn't go: "Where's Obama?"... "He doesn't care"... "He's un-American"...

Exactly.

Like they did about the BP oil spill and the wild fires.

Just incredible.

The guy can't catch a break.

Well..with most of these folks..a couple of them do give him props from time to time.

Oh, so it's a "photo op" instead of being presidential?

I can just hear you wingnuts whining if he didn't go: "Where's Obama?"... "He doesn't care"... "He's un-American"...

Exactly.

Like they did about the BP oil spill and the wild fires.

Just incredible.

The guy can't catch a break.

Well..with most of these folks..a couple of them do give him props from time to time.

Politicians don't deserve breaks. He was just out here for the fire victims but like has been said. It's a swing state. It's not like he has anything else to do anyway.

Have you no shame?

Only a complete dick would object to the President consoling the victims of a massacre

Well I really dont mind it, sure it's a political stunt, but it is a pretty serious issue. I hope he doesnt turn it political, because then I wont be so nice. Also I'd like to hear him say he'd feed the culprit (whoever it is, not trying to blame the guy in custody yet) to sharks with fricken laser beams on their heads.

What does the president and the federal government have to do with a local shooting? Maybe the president should travel to his own Chicago were kids are being murderd every day and talk to them...He's joke

Only a complete dick would object to the President consoling the victims of a massacre

That's the GOP thugs for you.

Chicago's murdered children

Over the last year, 42 young people have been killed in Chicago, all within a short drive of Barack Obama's home

Chastity Turner's house is four miles from the home of Chicago's most famous couple. From Barack and Michelle Obama's home in the pleasant Hyde Park area of Chicago you travel 15 or so blocks west, then drive down the expressway and within 10 minutes you have arrived.

On sweltering Chicago nights Chastity and her family liked to sit out on the porch chatting until it grew dark. That's what they were doing one night earlier this summer: Chastity's father and a few friends on the porch and the girl washing the family's two dogs out front. She had just broken up from school, and was looking forward to spending the long summer with her grandmother who doted on her and called her "My Little Old Lady".

Shortly before 7pm on 24 June a light-green van drove past. It slowed and stopped. A rifle appeared and shots rang out. A bullet thudded into Chastity's neck, killing her. She was nine years old.

Last month Obama made his first foray back into the sensitive political terrain of race in America since he became president. He addressed the civil rights group the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) at its centenary dinner, speaking forcefully about the need to "fix our schools, heal our sick, and rescue our youth from violence and despair". When it comes to that last injunction – to rescue our youth from violence and despair – Obama knows intimately of what he speaks. For Chastity was not alone. Fourteen children have died violently in the last year within walking distance of the Obamas' home. In all of Chicago, 42 children of school age have been killed, most at the end of a gun and all a short drive from the president's house. The youngest was three, the oldest 18

Chicago's murdered children | Ed Pilkington | World news | The Guardian

Forum List

Back