Obama to visit Middle East - but NOT Israel

Obama is making a visit to the Arab world which are quote/unquote not allies with America. He is going there to try and lay out a hand and try to get support from them. Its a diplomatic mission to try to strenghten the Arab world against Iran! He doesn't need to go to Israel to get them on board for that. It will be a moot visit!

Obama is not a direct threat to Israel. He might state things he wants them to do in public, but he is weak and Bibi and Abbas know it! Hell everyone knows it. Obama might say stop the settlement building, which is more than a legitimate request, and Bibi can tell him to stick it up his ass with out a fear that Obama will do anything. Just as Iran and NK can do anything they want and tell Obama to stick it up his ass with out fear of reprisal, because again Obama is WEAK!

Last edited:
I dunno if I have a problem with this. Obama has already met with Israeli leaders and had several discussions with them this month.

Let him try appeasement and understanding of Muslims. Then, when we get hit again by one of them, it'll be time to wipe the floor clean of those dogs.

Wow, just wow. You don't see the 'problem.' If you don't, no one will.

Obama played politics and I understand the politics behind it. He didn't want to stop off in Israel after making a speech to the Muslim world. The Jews would ask "Why hasn't he made a speech to the Jewish world?"

He's trying to appease the Muslims as much as possible on this trip. A stop over in Israel would offend them.

I didn't say I agreed with his reasons, though. I understand them - but I don't agree with them. He is making Israel like czechoslovakia during world war 2. Offering it up to the bad guys. The reason why we won WW2 is because it took us getting our asses handed to us in Pearl Harbor to realize we cannot stay out of a massive global war - we cannot be the appeasers, we must destroy our enemies. Anhilate them. Completely. We aren't doing that today.

We are, in effect, rewarding the bad guys. We're rewarding the Arabs for blowing up buses and coffee shops, etc. We're rewarding them for not recognizing Israel. We're rewarding them for attacking Israel in the 1940s, 50s, 60s and 70s.

I've read a lot about the liberal media - and the conservative media. I know Obama is going to go on FoxNews again sometime in the next 4 years for an interview. I want someone to ask Obama "Do you believe 9/11 was caused because of US support of Israel?" And Obama would say yes. I'm sure many of you would say yes, too. The truth is, if it wasn't Israel, it would be something else. Some other excuse as a reason why they hate us. I disagree completely with the notion that 9/11 was an opportunity for us to take stock in our lives and our direction and where we want to go - Obama is following in the path that his Pastor layed out before him days after 9/11 when he made this "God bless America? No, no, no! Not God Bless America! God DAMN America!" speech. During that speech he cited several terrible attrocities that America has committed in its 230+ year existence and how we don't blink, but once an attorcitity happens to us, we must call out for blood.

All of this links back to 9/11. Why were we attacked? Were we attacked because there were 20 Muslim pigs who wanted to kill us all or were we attacked because our country is headed down the wrong direction? If you believe the former, congratulations. If you believe the latter, then you agree with Obama skipping Israel and making a speech before the Muslim world.

But if you look at the Muslim world and you see how often they're fighting with their neighbors and doing suicide bombs everywhere they possibly can -- you see that their fights have absolutely nothing to do with Israel whatsoever. Oh someone stpped foot in the wrong mosque or said something wrong about Allah or Mohammad or something like that to piss them off. The problem with the world today is that we're letting the beligerants tell the narrative - we're letting them write the story of where we go and what we do and what concessions we must make.

That is a far cry from how we used to be. I do not think the world as a whole is better off from letting the beligerants write the story. I think we're going to get hit again from terrorists and everything Obama has been working on to make peace with the Muslim world is going to completely fall apart. We're going to get hit and we're going to get hit hard.

So the new narrative of the story is: Once we get hit, what will Obama do? Will he apologize to them or will he attack and wipe the people who did this off of the face of the Earth?

While your points are valid, I don't think this particular trip has anything to do with appeasing the enemy (perceived to be all Arabs because 17 of the 19 hijackers were from SA). It's my understanding from reading an enormous amount of material debating how to avoid another attack such as 911, one of the biggest hurdles needs to be pushing moderate Muslim leadership into solving THEIR OWN problems of terrorist jihadis. It is simply logistically impossible to "wipe them [all] off the face of the earth."

To a lesser degree, that process worked in Iraq, by convincing the terrorizing Sunnis who had joined up with al-Qaeda insurgents that what they were doing is not in the best interests of their families and their people. WE can't take sole responsibility for that. It was the Sunni tribal sheikhs who came around and convinced their fighters. Saudi Arabia has a "deconstructing" program that has been quite successful where it educates returning jihadis from the battleground or Gitmo that the Qu'ran is NOT all about violence against perceived infidels.

All that said, I feel quite sure that Obama has worried extensively over how his administration would "handle" another 911. In fact, I believe he has said more than once that if a nation state could be identified for such attackers, the U.S. would go after them without hesitation. Sounds like a genuine threat to me.

Actually, Muslims are perceived as our enemies because they keep saying they are.

Obama played politics and I understand the politics behind it. He didn't want to stop off in Israel after making a speech to the Muslim world. The Jews would ask "Why hasn't he made a speech to the Jewish world?"

He's trying to appease the Muslims as much as possible on this trip. A stop over in Israel would offend them.

I didn't say I agreed with his reasons, though. I understand them - but I don't agree with them. He is making Israel like czechoslovakia during world war 2. Offering it up to the bad guys. The reason why we won WW2 is because it took us getting our asses handed to us in Pearl Harbor to realize we cannot stay out of a massive global war - we cannot be the appeasers, we must destroy our enemies. Anhilate them. Completely. We aren't doing that today. Don't worry, nothing will change. Obama talks a big talk, but he'll do nothing in the end. Nothing to see here, keep moving.

We are, in effect, rewarding the bad guys. We're rewarding the Arabs for blowing up buses and coffee shops, etc. We're rewarding them for not recognizing Israel. We're rewarding them for attacking Israel in the 1940s, 50s, 60s and 70s.

I've read a lot about the liberal media - and the conservative media. I know Obama is going to go on FoxNews again sometime in the next 4 years for an interview. I want someone to ask Obama "Do you believe 9/11 was caused because of US support of Israel?" And Obama would say yes. I'm sure many of you would say yes, too. The truth is, if it wasn't Israel, it would be something else. Some other excuse as a reason why they hate us. I disagree completely with the notion that 9/11 was an opportunity for us to take stock in our lives and our direction and where we want to go - Obama is following in the path that his Pastor layed out before him days after 9/11 when he made this "God bless America? No, no, no! Not God Bless America! God DAMN America!" speech. During that speech he cited several terrible attrocities that America has committed in its 230+ year existence and how we don't blink, but once an attorcitity happens to us, we must call out for blood.

All of this links back to 9/11. Why were we attacked? Were we attacked because there were 20 Muslim pigs who wanted to kill us all or were we attacked because our country is headed down the wrong direction? If you believe the former, congratulations. If you believe the latter, then you agree with Obama skipping Israel and making a speech before the Muslim world.

But if you look at the Muslim world and you see how often they're fighting with their neighbors and doing suicide bombs everywhere they possibly can -- you see that their fights have absolutely nothing to do with Israel whatsoever. Oh someone stpped foot in the wrong mosque or said something wrong about Allah or Mohammad or something like that to piss them off. The problem with the world today is that we're letting the beligerants tell the narrative - we're letting them write the story of where we go and what we do and what concessions we must make.

That is a far cry from how we used to be. I do not think the world as a whole is better off from letting the beligerants write the story. I think we're going to get hit again from terrorists and everything Obama has been working on to make peace with the Muslim world is going to completely fall apart. We're going to get hit and we're going to get hit hard.

So the new narrative of the story is: Once we get hit, what will Obama do? Will he apologize to them or will he attack and wipe the people who did this off of the face of the Earth?

Very well said.

:clap2:

Thank you. I wish it didn't have to be said. I wish I could see Obama wanting to make peace between Israel and its neighbors - with Obama fairly asking each Israel and its neighbors to make concessions. Instead, Obama is asking Israel to make concessions. Stop building settlements in land that it won during war. Oh, who cares if Hitler did that? Countries have been claiming land as theirs from war victories for centuries. So now we have the UN to do it for us. BFD. Now a majority of countries get to decide for a minority of countries. Wonderful. It's the same shit, different narrative.

The day Israel listens to what the UN has to say, is the day I convert to Islam. And what's going to happen if the UN Security Council passes a resolution condemning Israel? Remember one of the last times they did that? When Israel destroyed Iraq's nuclear plant? Yeah - again, BFD. America won't cut off weapons and ammo to Israel - because Israel has been fighting our proxy war with Russia in the ME. If we stop selling arms to Israel, Israel will buy them from Russia and the US will completely lose its foothold in the ME. If Obama does that - his foreign policy will have failed. Like it or not - America needs Israel.

Officially, Israel is A-OK with an Arab Palestine next to Israel with Ramallah as its capitol. You want peace? You want concessions. That's it. Obama won't do that because that's too easy and it would eliminate the need for Israel to keep buying weapons from the US, which would put defense contractors out of business and cost hundreds of thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in tax revenue. To quote Jonas Hodges, Obama is just a "small cog in a very big machine."

And now I'm going to scream. Isreal will not make concessions. End of story. How many presidents have tried and failed? Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, Obama wants to try something different and have something DIFFERENT to bring to the peace table? For example, discussions with the Arab leaders first before yet another round of "peace" negotiations between Israel and Palestine? I think he needs to look at his cards before he makes a play, don't you?

Comrade Obama has everything the Soviets loved (meaning commitment to expanding government control over the market place) except their strength and courage! He is weak and our enemies smelt it during the primaries! He nationalized banks, insurance companies, the auto industry, the secondary mortgage market and how long before America moves into the Steel business and manufacturing! A forest fire always starts will a single spark!

But back on his weakness! Here are the tests he failed:
Test #1: Yes he wasn't the President yet, but he stayed amazingly silent when Russia invaded Georgia

Test #2: Hugo Chavez! Yep he should have shook his hand, but the 21st century Fidel Castro has walked all over him. Wait until Iran gets the bomb, I guarantee Venezuela will be the first Latin American country to get the bomb leading to the nuclear arms race in Latin America! I am just so GLAD we still have open unprotected borders and ports!

Test #3: Cuba! Unilaterally ended the Cuba embargo at least partial (I am not against ending it), but still hasn't gotten anything from it, except maybe some swing votes in FL!

Test #4: Somolian Pirates: The lefist will point out he stopped some attackes, but what force is he exserting on Somolia. He didn't fail this test, but its still not an A either!

Test #5: Sudan: The killing fields are still ever present! The big man before the election talked about doing something in Sudan during the primaries. Yet he is breaking a promise here.

Test #6: Here is the FIRST OF THE BIG TEST - Iran! First he has let Iran continue to do whatever they want. Now he just about gave them the green light to develop the bomb. The day they get the bomb, Iran's regional enemies will start developing the bomb - Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, UAE and ironically Iraq (all which probably already have top secret plans). Next Iran's allies with Iranian support will develop the bomb - Syria, Lebanon aka Hezbollah, Venezuela and Bolivia. Soon the bomb making knowhows will spread all over like a virus - Libya, Algeria, Tunsia, Congo, Somolia, Senegal, Nigeria, Sudan, Morocco, Afghanistan etc. Once Venezuela and Bolivia get the bomb. Colombia is soon going to fear not having it and they will jump on board leading to Argentia, Peru, Brazil etc developing the bomb!

Test #7: 2nd Big Test - North Korea! They fired missile, the US did nothing. Now they exploded nukes! Obama does nothing. North Korea is developing nukes and will sell the technology to the highest bidder! How long before South Korea and Japan say they can't rely on the US nuclear Umbrella and develop their own nukes. Soon tyranical states in that region will develop the bomb - aka Myammar, Baglesdesh, Sri Lanka, Indonesia (Ok they aren't really tyranical, but they have a large share of Islamic extremist)! How long until the bomb falls in terrorist groups hands that have no state affiliation or loyality. The bomb will be develop in countries big and small all across the globe in every country on the planet!

Test #8: Afghanistan: Doing a troop build up. Its a tough situation over there, but he is making it a priority and I think he is at least doing something, unlike Bush who F'up the whole Afghanistan operation when it had substantial international support.

Test #9: Pakistan: Exserted pressure on them to engage the Taliban. INC

The man is weak and everyone knows it. But weakness is nothing new for the left!

Ah yes, if you idiots had your way, we would never talk to our "enemies." Just bomb the shit out of all of 'em. Who cares if we would need to recruit Boy Scouts and little old ladies to do it? And at the same time, let's contract with Halliburton to build a great big impenetrable dome over the continental United States to ward off an angry Russia, Venezula, Iran, North Korea. Yeah, that's the ticket. How come the great thinkers of America haven't laid out a plan like that?

I'll never get over the stupidity of people who think they should kowtow to those who have sworn to kill us.

Actually, Muslims are perceived as our enemies because they keep saying they are.

All 2.5 billion? Sure.

I will say, however, that BECAUSE OF the constant hatred of Muslims on display all over America, the fundamentalists who favor destruction of America don't have to do much to recruit new soldiers. You play right into their hands.

I'll never get over the stupidity of people who think they should kowtow to those who have sworn to kill us.

It's only stupid to stupid people. And nobody is "kowtowing" to the enemy. Your choice of words only proves your own igorance because you're obviously deficient in your knowledge of how wars and conflicts are settled.

Last edited:
Comrade Obama has everything the Soviets loved (meaning commitment to expanding government control over the market place) except their strength and courage! He is weak and our enemies smelt it during the primaries! He nationalized banks, insurance companies, the auto industry, the secondary mortgage market and how long before America moves into the Steel business and manufacturing! A forest fire always starts will a single spark!

Test #1: Yes he wasn't the President yet, but he stayed amazingly silent when Russia invaded Georgia

Test #2: Hugo Chavez! Yep he should have shook his hand, but the 21st century Fidel Castro has walked all over him. Wait until Iran gets the bomb, I guarantee Venezuela will be the first Latin American country to get the bomb leading to the nuclear arms race in Latin America! I am just so GLAD we still have open unprotected borders and ports!

Test #3: Cuba! Unilaterally ended the Cuba embargo at least partial (I am not against ending it), but still hasn't gotten anything from it, except maybe some swing votes in FL!

Test #4: Somolian Pirates: The lefist will point out he stopped some attackes, but what force is he exserting on Somolia. He didn't fail this test, but its still not an A either!

Test #5: Sudan: The killing fields are still ever present! The big man before the election talked about doing something in Sudan during the primaries. Yet he is breaking a promise here.

Test #6: Here is the FIRST OF THE BIG TEST - Iran! First he has let Iran continue to do whatever they want. Now he just about gave them the green light to develop the bomb. The day they get the bomb, Iran's regional enemies will start developing the bomb - Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, UAE and ironically Iraq (all which probably already have top secret plans). Next Iran's allies with Iranian support will develop the bomb - Syria, Lebanon aka Hezbollah, Venezuela and Bolivia. Soon the bomb making knowhows will spread all over like a virus - Libya, Algeria, Tunsia, Congo, Somolia, Senegal, Nigeria, Sudan, Morocco, Afghanistan etc. Once Venezuela and Bolivia get the bomb. Colombia is soon going to fear not having it and they will jump on board leading to Argentia, Peru, Brazil etc developing the bomb!

Test #7: 2nd Big Test - North Korea! They fired missile, the US did nothing. Now they exploded nukes! Obama does nothing. North Korea is developing nukes and will sell the technology to the highest bidder! How long before South Korea and Japan say they can't rely on the US nuclear Umbrella and develop their own nukes. Soon tyranical states in that region will develop the bomb - aka Myammar, Baglesdesh, Sri Lanka, Indonesia (Ok they aren't really tyranical, but they have a large share of Islamic extremist)! How long until the bomb falls in terrorist groups hands that have no state affiliation or loyality. The bomb will be develop in countries big and small all across the globe in every country on the planet!

Test #8: Afghanistan: Doing a troop build up. Its a tough situation over there, but he is making it a priority and I think he is at least doing something, unlike Bush who F'up the whole Afghanistan operation when it had substantial international support.

The man is weak and everyone knows it. But weakness is nothing new for the left!

Ah yes, if you idiots had your way, we would never talk to our "enemies." Just bomb the shit out of all of 'em. Who cares if we would need to recruit Boy Scouts and little old ladies to do it? And at the same time, let's contract with Halliburton to build a great big impenetrable dome over the continental United States to ward off an angry Russia, Venezula, Iran, North Korea. Yeah, that's the ticket. How come the great thinkers of America haven't laid out a plan like that?

Wrong I support talking to your enemies aka the Nixon opening up of China. I support this current mission Obama is doing. I think Israel should engage in direct talks with HAMAS, But I don't at the same time want the leader displaying weakness. Opening dialog must lead to something and he is definitely dropping the ball on Iran and North Korea, just like Bush did! I think we should lift the embargo on Cuba, but only after we have dialog and get something for the lifting! I want him to engage Russia and try to form more of an alliance type relationship.

I hope to god I am wrong on Obama's Iran policy and that he is trying to appeal to the everyday disenchanted Iran voter so Alamdouchebag gets ousted in a few days an a reformer takes the helm (to go along with reformers already taking the Iranian Parliament) and then waiting until after the election to take a hard stand and engage in direct talks with Iran! Hopefully that is his strategy. If that is the case, then his nuclear energy talk is not all bad and his strategy is not all flawed. However, I just don't think that is the case. Rather think he is embolding our enemies!

Very well said.

:clap2:

Thank you. I wish it didn't have to be said. I wish I could see Obama wanting to make peace between Israel and its neighbors - with Obama fairly asking each Israel and its neighbors to make concessions. Instead, Obama is asking Israel to make concessions. Stop building settlements in land that it won during war. Oh, who cares if Hitler did that? Countries have been claiming land as theirs from war victories for centuries. So now we have the UN to do it for us. BFD. Now a majority of countries get to decide for a minority of countries. Wonderful. It's the same shit, different narrative.

The day Israel listens to what the UN has to say, is the day I convert to Islam. And what's going to happen if the UN Security Council passes a resolution condemning Israel? Remember one of the last times they did that? When Israel destroyed Iraq's nuclear plant? Yeah - again, BFD. America won't cut off weapons and ammo to Israel - because Israel has been fighting our proxy war with Russia in the ME. If we stop selling arms to Israel, Israel will buy them from Russia and the US will completely lose its foothold in the ME. If Obama does that - his foreign policy will have failed. Like it or not - America needs Israel.

Officially, Israel is A-OK with an Arab Palestine next to Israel with Ramallah as its capitol. You want peace? You want concessions. That's it. Obama won't do that because that's too easy and it would eliminate the need for Israel to keep buying weapons from the US, which would put defense contractors out of business and cost hundreds of thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in tax revenue. To quote Jonas Hodges, Obama is just a "small cog in a very big machine."

And now I'm going to scream. Isreal will not make concessions. End of story. How many presidents have tried and failed? Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, Obama wants to try something different and have something DIFFERENT to bring to the peace table? For example, discussions with the Arab leaders first before yet another round of "peace" negotiations between Israel and Palestine? I think he needs to look at his cards before he makes a play, don't you?

Are you kidding, Israel has made a ton of concessions, but the Palestinians have made NONE! The Palestinians hold onto the fairy tale of the so called Palestinian Refugees returning to Israel, what country is going to take on millions of enemies of the state? NONE! Would America take on million of La Nation of Atlzan or Al Qaeda members. Would Russia welcome millions of Chechan Separatist into Russia. Would Iran or Turk welcome millions of Kurdish Separatist! NO! So why do those hypocrites expect Israel to do the same. Dividing Jerusalem is a sticking situation, but it could be on the table if the Palestinian compromised anywhere. With the settlement, why is equal land given for equal land taken not a compromise in the Palestinian and your eyes? I mean why can't Israel given up the Palestinian Settlements in Israel for the Jewish Settlements in the West Bank. Heck Israel is even ready to toss in a land bridge for Gaza to the West Bank.

See people like you will ignore that Israel was willing to give up 95-98% of the land the Palestinian requested. That is 2-5% off. If the Palestinians would have said yes, then we would have seem the first Palestinian Nation in World History!

It's only stupid to stupid people. And nobody is "kowtowing" to the enemy. Your choice of words only proves your own igorance because you're obviously deficient in your knowledge of how wars and conflicts are settled.

No, stupid people are those who fail to understand that we don't "make" people into killing machines. We don't "deserve" to be targeted for our faith.

Study the history of Islam, bitch. Then get back to me with your ridiculous posturing.

Are you kidding, Israel has made a ton of concessions, but the Palestinians have made NONE! The Palestinians hold onto the fairy tale of the so called Palestinian Refugees returning to Israel, what country is going to take on millions of enemies of the state? NONE! Would America take on million of La Nation of Atlzan or Al Qaeda members. Would Russia welcome millions of Chechan Separatist into Russia. Would Iran or Turk welcome millions of Kurdish Separatist! NO! So why do those hypocrites expect Israel to do the same. Dividing Jerusalem is a sticking situation, but it could be on the table if the Palestinian compromised anywhere. With the settlement, why is equal land given for equal land taken not a compromise in the Palestinian and your eyes? I mean why can't Israel given up the Palestinian Settlements in Israel for the Jewish Settlements in the West Bank. Heck Israel is even ready to toss in a land bridge for Gaza to the West Bank.

See people like you will ignore that Israel was willing to give up 95-98% of the land the Palestinian requested. That is 2-5% off. If the Palestinians would have said yes, then we would have seem the first Palestinian Nation in World History!

Maggie Mae is a typical, America-hating liberal piece of shit who supports tyrants, killers, and the oppressors of the helpless and vulnerable.

She's an apologist who assumes that nobody is as good, right, or smart as she is, and anyone who thinks differently should justly be wiped off the face of the earth. In other words, she's a sympathizer with the filth of the world.

Have fun with her.

that post is ironic on so many levels, baba. ESPECIALLY when you are throwing her to the one guy on this board who ironically thinks that all palis are nothing more than bacteria. Seriously.

In a blatant show of disinterest toward the Israeli position, President Obama is heading to the Middle East, but will snub the Israeli government.

Is this an end to seven decades of American support for the Israeli state?

Why would Obama make such a disrespectful gesture?

Is this yet another bow to the Muslim world? Dissatisfaction toward the conservative and newly elected Israeli president?

Or is Obama just an idiot boy-king with no real sense of purpose and responsibility?

Just as Obama slaps the face of tried and true American's who actually dare to show a little national pride, so does he to our best ally in the Middle East.

As the Iranian's have been invited to July 4th parties around the globe, Israel is left to wonder is on it's own now or not. They would be foolish to count on the Obama White House for anything of substance.

Obama, the builder of bridges the world over, bridges to nowhere! :clap2:

so sayeth muslim terrorists too.

nice to know where you stand.

Wrong I support talking to your enemies aka the Nixon opening up of China. I support this current mission Obama is doing. I think Israel should engage in direct talks with HAMAS, But I don't at the same time want the leader displaying weakness. Opening dialog must lead to something and he is definitely dropping the ball on Iran and North Korea, just like Bush did! I think we should lift the embargo on Cuba, but only after we have dialog and get something for the lifting! I want him to engage Russia and try to form more of an alliance type relationship.

I hope to god I am wrong on Obama's Iran policy and that he is trying to appeal to the everyday disenchanted Iran voter so Alamdouchebag gets ousted in a few days an a reformer takes the helm (to go along with reformers already taking the Iranian Parliament) and then waiting until after the election to take a hard stand and engage in direct talks with Iran! Hopefully that is his strategy. If that is the case, then his nuclear energy talk is not all bad and his strategy is not all flawed. However, I just don't think that is the case. Rather think he is embolding our enemies!

So what do you suggest we talk to Kim Jung Ill or his successor about? NK has violated both the Clinton and Bush negotiating "frameworks" for nonproliferation in exchange for humanitarian aid. We've given in and removed sanctions, only to have the agreements violated within days.

So what should we do with Iran that isn't already being done? Even Bush finally sent an envoy to Iran to begin talks just about a year ago. Trade relations with Cuba is looooooong overdue. So that leaves Israel, where there also remains a decades-long stalemate.

At some point, you have to learn that doing the same thing over and over again IS the definition of insanity, and it's time to try a different approach. Time to do the long division to solve the problems, rather than knocking ourselves out using equations that don't add up. And that of course includes the a peaceful solution between Israel and Palestine.

Your previous litany alleging "weakness" on Obama's part are pure propagandized fearmongering with a bunch of what-ifs as talking points. Well shit, WHAT IF you're wrong!

Forum List

Back