Obama Team Continues Effort to Isolate Fox News

Did Bush whine about MSNBC, ABC, NBC, etc. and have his people put out things like: "Axelrod and Emanuel both encouraged other news outlets to not treat Fox News as a news organization. The bigger thing is that other news organizations, like yours, ought not to treat them that way, and we're not going to treat them that way." Axelrod told ABC."??? It not only makes Obama look like a 4 year old, it certainly makes it look as if he simply cannot handle anything other than the soft stuff that the left tosses him.

If the president (any president) is going to go on tv pushing their agenda or answering questions they need to go on all the networks, not the cherry picked ones that coddle them.

Bush whined about CBS while in office. He had his father whine about MSNBC just recently. Did President Bush and Vice President Cheney go on MSNBC's Rachel Maddow or Keith to push their agenda? In fact, what tough questions did they receive in the eight years they were in office? Not nearly the level that Obama has faced.

Again, the double standard is glaringly obvious here. It gives me the mindset that Republicans only give a fuck about transparency when a Dem is in office and only give a fuck about the tough questions when a Republican isn't in office. Where was the media in 2003 in the lead-up to the Iraq War? Where was Fox News asking the tough questions? Why weren't they doing their job?

Oh wait:

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/oct03/IraqMedia_Oct03_rpt.pdf

An analysis of those who were asked all of the key three perception questions does reveal a remarkable level of variation in the presence of misperceptions according to news source. Standing out in the analysis are Fox and NPR/PBS--but for opposite reasons. Fox was the news source whose viewers had the most misperceptions. NPR/PBS are notable because their viewers and listeners consistently held fewer misperceptions than respondents who obtained their information from other news sources.

The table below shows this clearly. Listed are the breakouts of the sample according to the frequency of the three key misperceptions (i.e. the beliefs that evidence of links between Iraq and al-Qaeda have been found, that WMD have been found in Iraq and that world public opinion approved of the US going to war with Iraq) and their primary news source. Fox News watchers were most likely to hold misperceptions-and were more than twice as likely than the next nearest network to hold all three misperceptions. In the audience for NPR/PBS, however, there was an overwhelming majority who did not have any of the three misperceptions, and hardly any had all three.

But if it makes you feel any better, CBS didn't fare too much better. Way to not do your job there Faux. :eusa_eh:

Notice carefully how the liberals on this board find no fault with a President demonizing his supposed enemies and openly attacking a news organization. They must have loved Nixon.

Notice carefully how the liberals on this board find no fault with a President demonizing his supposed enemies and openly attacking a news organization. They must have loved Nixon.

Demonizing his enemies? Do public officials give up their right to defend themselves when they take office there RGS? Do public officials have to be forced to go on every single news outlet?

Once again, I'll post this:

And it's someone right to go ahead and not speak to a news outlet. Simply because a news outlet exists, should they be forced to give an interview? Should Obama be forced to sit down with World Net Daily? Should President Bush have been forced to sit down with Rachel Maddow and answer whatever questions she damn well pleases?

You can say whatever you want about Obama or anyone else from the Obama Administration not going on Fox News. However, that is their right as Americans and as public officials to do so. The minute you start forcing people to go on certain programs or to do certain things, you're taking away their rights.

Ironically enough, what you're talking about is essentially a political fairness doctrine.

By the way, you can tell me when President Bush was in office when he went on MSNBC. Maybe he did, but I certainly don't remember him doing so.

THE most paranoid, childish and thin-skinned administration since Nixon. But this time, it has millions of equally paranoid, childish and thin-skinned cult followers!

To be quite honest, I fail to see where the Obama followers are paranoid. I would say those who believe in these conspiracy theories about Obama are paranoid. Very much like those on the Left who believed that Bush was going to turn this country into a dictatorship. It's as if the two sides switched basically.

Now the Right in much larger numbers are saying Obama is trying to turn this country into a dictatorship. Where not even a year ago, the right was scoffing at the people on the Left who thought such foolish ideas. What makes it even more ironic really is the fact that Obama has done little different than Bush. :eusa_eh:

THE most paranoid, childish and thin-skinned administration since Nixon. But this time, it has millions of equally paranoid, childish and thin-skinned cult followers!

To be quite honest, I fail to see where the Obama followers are paranoid.
Of course, not ALL are. Just most. MILLIONS of them, as I said.

And yes, I am sure you fail to see it

Don't take my quotes out of context. And if you're going to bother to quote my posts, respond to it fully. Instead of just the talking point you want to get across. Do you think I'm wrong in the rest of my post?

Don't take my quotes out of context. And if you're going to bother to quote my posts, respond to it fully. Instead of just the talking point you want to get across. Do you think I'm wrong in the rest of my post?
he doesnt have to address your full post
just that which he feels like
samne for you, he didnt alter the meaning of what you said

he doesnt have to address your full post
just that which he feels like
samne for you, he didnt alter the meaning of what you said

He doesn't have to, but I did ask him to. As for altering the meaning of what I said, he made it seem as if that was the only thing I said. He could of had easily just bolded that part and responded to it.

Anyway, I fail to see where people who are "followers" of Obama are paranoid? Paranoid of what exactly? The only ones I see paranoid are the ones who think Obama is turning this country into a dictatorship with him in charge. That and the Birthers.

Don't take my quotes out of context. And if you're going to bother to quote my posts, respond to it fully.
Are you the forum board police now?

Go get fucked on the turnpike, thin-skinned, weak-minded dumbass.

The rest of your post was regurgitated blather we see 1000 times a day on here. I'm not dignifying it with repetition.

The rest of your post was regurgitated blather we see 1000 times a day on here. I'm not dignifying it with repetition.

So is your bullshit regurgitated but you don't see me taking it out.

I'm not the forum police nor am I thin-skinned. However, you are a sad individual.

So is your bullshit regurgitated but you don't see me taking it out.
Neither did we see you address it. Because you can't, and are just intelligent enough to realize it.
I'm not the forum police nor am I thin-skinned.
You ARE thin-skinned. Got all butthurt over my brevity.
However, you are a sad individual.
I'm actually quite happy!

Neither did we see you address it. Because you can't, and are just intelligent enough to realize it.

I did address it. I was asking for you to clarify, all you did was throw insults.

I did not get butthurt at all, however you can keep whichever delusions you like.

As for you being quite happy, I have to doubt it. All I have ever see you post is very angry posts but maybe I could be wrong.

No, you did not. Fucking liar. Your post after that was a LIE, saying you asked. You never asked.

Are you really this obtuse and stupid?

I did ask after in post #28. Dive responded in #29. I then responded in #30 that I did ask you. Because I did so in post #28.

So much for being happy. You sound as angry as PI after Ravi negged him.

I did address it.
You did not address it. You continue to lie, either that or you are simply delusional.

You replied with your butthurt commands to me to not be clipping your posts. You are yet to address my point.

Forum List

Back