Obama Superpac Runs "Romney Killed My Wife" Ad

Well, I'm sorry to hear that. I lost mine to lung cancer as well, almost four years ago. That's how I know how ugly it gets.

Romney isn't a "corporate raider". If you're not sure what it is that Bain Capital does, I would suggest that you look into it. Bain typically picks up companies that are in pretty rough shape, put them back together when possible, and liquidate them when not. Their success rate is about 80%. That's pretty damned good for buying up train wrecks.

Of course, it's not a public service. Doubtless if it was, they wouldn't be as successful as they are. So yeah. These guys make good money. But because they're good at what they do, LOTS of jobs are still there that might have been gone. Nobody is OWED a job or a second chance. It's a NICE thing when opportunities like that happen.

Thank you for your kind words.

I have studied Bain Capital's Modus Opperendi. And for the most part, they took the path of least resistance to profit, and if your life was ruined in the process, it just sucked to be you.

And this is my main problem with Romney. Not his politics, since the guy has been on every side of every issue, to the point he probably doesn't know what he stands for. It's his lack of compassion for people who aren't rich Mormons like he is.

Venture capital outfits have a purpose in our economy though. Where do you go when you can't get any more loans and can't sell at a profit? The only shot left is when a company like Bain comes along and is willing to shoulder the burden on the chance at making a profit on it. If there's no profit-motive, there's no reason for anybody to take on the risk of recapitalizing a failing business.

I'm going to assume you are aren't an asshole and have really never had to wrestle with an insurance company that has decided it's not going to cover you because you're sickly. Because I'm really trying to reconcile such an assinine statement with reality.

This guy problaby found another job, and that job probably called his wife's illness a "pre-existing condition". Or maybe he ended up being one of the 46 million people who have no insurance despite having jobs. Or one of the 25 million who have inadequate insurance because their employers lowball coverage.

How could she have a pre-existing lung cancer that he didn't know about? C'mon. That's reaching.

Again, going back to my dad, I suspect he must have known he was sick a long time before he did anything about it, and he had good insurance through his union.

I know the last few years of his life, he was "self-medicating" with Cutty Sark.

Again, Sheet Metal worker, worked with asbestos every day. And I look at pictures of him from my oldest sister's wedding in 1976 and my other sisters wedding in 1980, and you can see the decline.

Some lung cancers, as you'll know, are more aggressive than others. My father's was such, but even so, by Stage IV, he was visibly very sick. Like I said, I'm not saying it can't happen, but it's hard to imagine somebody "hiding" their illness that late. The chronic coughing by then would've been a pretty vigorous indicator that something wasn't right.

A very effective ad. Any of us could be in that chair.

Not me. If I lost my livelihood... I'd flip burgers, mow lawns, relocate, whatever it took. I wouldn't have gone FIVE YEARS without health insurance with a family to take care of.

Not me. If I lost my livelihood... I'd flip burgers, mow lawns, relocate, whatever it took. I wouldn't have gone FIVE YEARS without health insurance with a family to take care of.

Very brave- till it happens to YOU. Sounds like you'd get under the table jobs and go on welfare to get medicaid. Romneycare for all!!

Gotta love the let them die crowd

Joe Soptic, a worker that was laid off and lost his health benefits, explains that his wife later was found to have stage-four cancer and “there was nothing they could do.”

The guy in the ad is a real guy telling a real story. He felt Bain made promises and didn't keep them. Democrats understand, Republicans relate.

So if Herman Cain was the nominee, we would have heard all about this real story? Or just a bunch of stories about a bunch of money grubbin ho's?

The guy in the ad is a real guy telling a real story. He felt Bain made promises and didn't keep them. Democrats understand, Republicans relate.

So if Herman Cain was the nominee, we would have heard all about this real story? Or just a bunch of stories about a bunch of money grubbin ho's?

I don't care who you are...THIS is funny.^^ Driveby NAILS the double-Standard.

Good form sir.

You mean give us FODDER to blame others for something WE could prevent by being responsible?
LIFE is rough in the real world...join us IF you dare.
IDIOT:eusa_hand:

Yes more fun and joy from "T".

The ad is very effective; as effective as you are sullen...and that's quite a bit.

The AD is a LIE.

DEAL with the truth. YOU have bought into the FRAUD.

You know where that puts you?

DEAL with it.:eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back