Obama stands firm. Netanyahu backs down.

Iran with nukes will be really great for the US.

It seems Israel will have to do America's work for them-again.

Clearly, Obama has sided with the Muslims as he said he would.

How so? And, when did he say that? Links, please.

"...I will stand with them (Muslims) should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." -- The Audacity of Hope, p 261

Would you like to quote the whole passage from that book, or just the part which "validates" your prejudice?

"Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Read more: Did Obama say in his book Audacity of hope I will stand with the Muslims

That is great news!!!

I am sick of seeing every American president kowtow to Israel and their demands. :eusa_clap:

Yup for a change of pace piss all over Israel.
Kiss the asses of people who storm our embassies,burn of flag and kill our Ambassador.
Yup Obama certainly has delivered change. :D

"...I will stand with them (Muslims) should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." -- The Audacity of Hope, p 261

What was the context of that quote?

And how does that one line cherry-picked from the book relate to this thread?

I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

This statement is a rewording of a passage from page 261 of The Audacity of Hope, in which Barack Obama spoke of the importance of not allowing inflamed public opinion to result in innocent members of immigrant groups being stripped of their rights, denied their due as American citizens, or placed into confinement, as was done with Japanese-Americans during World War II. The original contains no specific mention of "Muslims":
In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.
Read more at snopes.com: Obama Racism Quotes
snopes.com: Obama Racism Quotes

Clearly, Obama has sided with the Muslims as he said he would.

Like all members of the CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood you are worthless lying scum. He was talking about "IMMIGRANT COMMUNITIES" you worthless lying POS.

"Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

This statement is a rewording of a passage from page 261 of The Audacity of Hope, in which Barack Obama spoke of the importance of not allowing inflamed public opinion to result in innocent members of immigrant groups being stripped of their rights, denied their due as American citizens, or placed into confinement, as was done with Japanese-Americans during World War II. The original contains no specific mention of "Muslims":
In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

that is full of crap, that isn't what HE SAID. And if that is what he meant he should of explained that in his book

Last edited:
Good News...as far as Israel is concerned I give Obama props in that area...been the best damn president we have had in that area for a very long time if not forever.

that is full of crap, that isn't what HE SAID. And if that is what he meant he should of explained that in his book

As I understand it, that is the quote lifted directly from his book.
Soooo...he responded to your demand even before you made it.
He truly is amazing, isn't he?

Israel really just needs to shut the fuck up and relax.

Good and brave idea!

Tell that to the families of the Americans killed in Benghazi

The chaos in Libya has what to do with Israel?

Nothing. It's just how KrazyFRankie rolls. His hubris knows no bounds or boundaries. If KF thinks he can make some political capital in an arguement using dead Americans he never hesitates. Frankie doesn't care about the memory of any American killed overseas than does the Taliban or Al Quiada.

Good News...as far as Israel is concerned I give Obama props in that area...been the best damn president we have had in that area for a very long time if not forever.

Would it help if Obama used American Troops to kill Joooozzz, so that Islamic control of every grain of sand was restored?

From your perspective as a Muslim Supremest, that is?

Yeah? well I'm sick of our young men and women dying in the sand trap of the global golf course....not to mention trillions of our dollars.

Would you support Obama nuking the Jooooozzz, to make way for the new Caliphate? He's got the Muslim Brotherhood all in place, so a quick uniting of the Muslim theocracies, and we're in business. But them Jooozzzz gotta die, they are on Muslim ground. Come on Barry, do your part for the Caliph.

What in THE FUCK are you babbling about? How in GOD'S name did you get that out of my post?

Go fuck yourself, you piece of shit.

I get it....poor people in our own country? Fuck them. Pouring trillions of dollars and thousands of American lives for your imagined pride? Fuck yeah!

As far as the Jooooooz? They need to get along too. Go back to the 1965 borders and stop building new settlements, continually horning in on established Palestinian territories and pushing these people into a tighter and tighter area.

I know, Israel is totally innocent in all of this, right? Of course you probably think that....because you're probably one of those assholes that think we didn't fuck over Native Americans and we were innocent victims.

No, we should not abandon Israel. But we should demand that they start cooperating on a real plan for lasting peace.....and at the same time, tell the Palestinians the same damned thing. I'm sick of this shit.

You know what someone ought to do? figure out a way to destroy every middle eastern oil supply there is. Because then, the world would care about the middle east as much as they do Zimbabwe....which is....not at all. It would be worth.the huge fuel price increase.

Nothing like shitting on our allies

but nothing surprises me from the administration

How are they getting "shit on"? Does this sound like he feels that he's being "shit on"?
"Benjamin Natanyahu offered an unlikely endorsement of President Barack Obama’s strategy on Iran in a speech on Thursday before the U.N. General Assembly.

"Two days ago President Obama reiterated that the threat of a nuclear Iran cannot be contained,” Netanyahu said. “We thank and support President Obama for his position. I believe Democrats and Republicans alike share his position, and it is shared by leaders around the world … Israel is in discussions with the United States on this issue, and I am confident that we can chart a path forward together

Read more: Netanyahu Takes a Friendlier Approach to Obama on Iran Issue | Swampland | TIME.com

How are they getting "shit on"? Does this sound like he feels that he's being "shit on"?
"Benjamin Natanyahu offered an unlikely endorsement of President Barack Obama’s strategy on Iran in a speech on Thursday before the U.N. General Assembly.

"Two days ago President Obama reiterated that the threat of a nuclear Iran cannot be contained,” Netanyahu said. “We thank and support President Obama for his position. I believe Democrats and Republicans alike share his position, and it is shared by leaders around the world … Israel is in discussions with the United States on this issue, and I am confident that we can chart a path forward together.”

Read more: Netanyahu Takes a Friendlier Approach to Obama on Iran Issue | Swampland | TIME.com

Geez....apparently Obama didn't "ignore" Netanyahu and just "went to Vegas"....because apparently, they worked shit out. Hmmm.....imagine that....they used what we "librul intellectuals" call a.....TELEPHONE!

Bush, Reagan, Bush I, Clinton all did similar things in similar circumstances.

It's called Diplomacy.

It's complicated, and without really knowing the players and understand the history, there is just no way you'll see the brilliance of what Obama did.

Since when was stiffing Israel a sign of brilliance? Obama came to New York to be "eye candy" for the broads on the View, but didn't have the stones to meet with a single foreign leader that had traveled thousands of miles to speak at the UN.

Forum List

Back