Obama stands firm. Netanyahu backs down.

No one would trust obama. Netanyahu would prefer to wait until after the election and Romney is president. He is open to not waiting too. Iran knows that if obama is reelected they will be able to do pretty much whatever they want to do with no one but Israel to stop them.

The Ottoman Empire is History.

Yet you keep referring to the name of a region, taking a tiny speck of it, and demanding the inhabitants relinquish it to those you favor?

What matters now is clearly defined and defensible borders....

As defined by WHAT? The Ottomans? Or some Mullah?

Israel has clearly defined borders. When the Muslim Supremacists went to war, those borders expanded. That happens in war.

That you choose to take everything to an extreme is your problem, not mine.

You know, I find the advocacy of eradicating a people to be "extreme."

{"One of the central reasons for creating Hezbollah was to challenge the Zionist program in the region. Hezbollah still preserves this principle, and when an Egyptian journalist visited me after the liberation and asked me if the destruction of Israel and the liberation of Palestine and Jerusalem were Hezbollah's goal, I replied: 'That is the principal objective of Hezbollah, and it is no less sacred than our ultimate goal. The generation that lived through the creation of this entity is still alive. This generation watches documentaries and reads documents that show that the land conquered was called Palestine, not Israel.' We face an entity that conquered the land of another people, drove them out of their land, and committed horrendous massacres. As we see, this is an illegal state; it is a cancerous entity and the root of all the crises and wars and cannot be a factor in bringing about a true and just peace in this region. Therefore, we cannot acknowledge the existence of a state called Israel, not even far in the future, as some people have tried to suggest. Time does not cancel the legitimacy of the Palestinian claim."
-- Hassan Nasrallah, Secretary-General of Lebanon's Hezbollah (or "Party of God"), Middle East Quarterly, Fall 2002}

I've only seen a few truly virulent anti-Semites here.
[/QUOTE]

The British Mandate for Palestine continued well after the colaspe of the Ottoman empire.

Acquisition of Territory by Military Conquest is Illegal.

The British Mandate for Palestine continued well after the colaspe of the Ottoman empire.

ROFL

In that case, the territory of the entire Earth has been acquired through illegal means. Even the Canadians used military conquest to gain their territory.

ROFL

In that case, the territory of the entire Earth has been acquired through illegal means. Even the Canadians used military conquest to gain their territory.

It is a fairly new concept. About a century old (1907) in the Hague Conventions and later in the Charter of the UN. (1945).

Forum List

Back