obama should use the military in libya

it's time for the chief to send in the special forces to capture al-qaddafi, then we could put him on trial in new york city.
he should damn the politics, and do what's right.

Yes, because we can afford to get into another war right now. What we need to do is stop meddling in other countries business and let them deal with there own problems for once. Stop giving money to other countries and let them fail or succeed on there own.

No no no you right wing war mongers.

Gaddhafi has not attacked us on US soil, he was not involved in 9-11 and he may or may not have WMD's, but he is slaughtering his own people.

Just like Saddam. Which is why we can't go in!!!

• Banned
No no no you right wing war mongers.

Gaddhafi has not attacked us on US soil, he was not involved in 9-11 and he may or may not have WMD's, but he is slaughtering his own people.

Just like Saddam. Which is why we can't go in!!!

eerily similar, no? it worked out fine for saddam

it's time for the chief to send in the special forces to capture al-qaddafi, then we could put him on trial in new york city.
he should damn the politics, and do what's right. the u.n suspends libya, you are a very bad boy gadaffi, don't make us warn you, about slaughtering civilians.

NationalJournal.com - US Moving Warships to Libyan Waters - Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Nope,, not one dead soldier is daffy kadaffee worth, send in one of those new fangled predator drone things.

Qadaffi DOES have the WMD's though. That has been proven. Let his own people capture and distribute justice on him though, we shouldn't get involved for the mere fact that we have way to much to clean up in our own back yard first. We cannot afford another campaign right now.

• Banned
he should damn the politics, and do what's right. the u.n suspends libya, you are a very bad boy gadaffi, don't make us warn you, about slaughtering civilians.

NationalJournal.com - US Moving Warships to Libyan Waters - Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Nope,, not one dead soldier is daffy kadaffee worth, send in one of those new fangled predator drone things.

excellent !! and well said.

The US miltiary and foreign policy in general needs to stay the fuck out of it. We could make a pretty good dent in the debt by not being the world police. The U.S. found its own way. The rest of the world can find theirs.

he should damn the politics, and do what's right.

I'm not sure that's how it would work. The ICC is in The Hague, which is where I believe he would have to be tried.

Then there's the issue of who would replace him? There is no freedom of assembly in Libya. Gadoofy has systematically rooted out and eliminated any groups of political opposition over the years. The people in a position to replace him right now are those who support him, new boss old boss kind of thing.

So before he's removed post haste, there needs to be a plan for interim governance while a fair election is held between a bunch of political newbs.

I would like to see the US and Europe apply pressures in ways other than military action right now. Freeze bank accounts. Identify several legitimate opposition leaders and provide financial support so that when, not if, Gadoofy is gone, the transition can be less chaotic.

I'm not sure that's how it would work. The ICC is in The Hague, which is where I believe he would have to be tried.

Then there's the issue of who would replace him? There is no freedom of assembly in Libya. Gadoofy has systematically rooted out and eliminated any groups of political opposition over the years. The people in a position to replace him right now are those who support him, new boss old boss kind of thing.

So before he's removed post haste, there needs to be a plan for interim governance while a fair election is held between a bunch of political newbs.

I would like to see the US and Europe apply pressures in ways other than military action right now. Freeze bank accounts. Identify several legitimate opposition leaders and provide financial support so that when, not if, Gadoofy is gone, the transition can be less chaotic.
Why should we get involved in Libya's internal problems?

To help get rid of a dictator?

Heck, there are several African countries run by extremely brutal dictators that are far worse than Gadafi.

Why don't we go in and help those people?

Oh yea, I forgot; they don't have oil and they are black. :doubt:

Heck, there are several African countries run by extremely brutal dictators that are far worse than Gadafi.

I would like to see Europe be the main party in applying pressure, not the US.

Italy just up and left Libya, taking with them their colonial governance and leaving a void behind, like most European powers did in Africa and the ME. But now Italy doesn't really want to get involved in cleaning up the mess they helped create.

Your example of other African countries are kind of strawmen here. I would support applying pressure and support in non-military aggressor ways to try and promote transparent and non-violent elections in those places. That probably makes me a hopeless idealist, but whatever. :cool:

I don't think degree of blackness has much if anything to do with it. But yeah I think natural resources do. That's why China is in sub-Saharan Africa.

The US miltiary and foreign policy in general needs to stay the fuck out of it. We could make a pretty good dent in the debt by not being the world police. The U.S. found its own way. The rest of the world can find theirs.

Yes, and they had a thousand years head start.

You have us mixed up with the UK I think.

There is NO provision in the Constitution for getting involved in other nations internal affairs. :doubt:

The Constitution doesnt tell us when we can or can't go to war. We could go to war because someone pissed on a wall.

As for the subject on hand, their internal affairs are spiking oil and gas prices. We do have an interest in that.

Forum List

Back