obama should use the military in libya

There is NO provision in the Constitution for getting involved in other nations internal affairs.

STOP THE PRESS

Last edited:
There is NO provision in the Constitution for getting involved in other nations internal affairs.

STOP THE PRESS

If the President deems it to be in our National Interests then the Constitution Clearly gives him and Congress the power to use our Military when, and where they think it is needed.

I made a post calling for the use of USAF and navy forces to protect the people in Libya a week ago.

you should listen to the baby in your AV. It's smarter than you.

You should grow up and learn to debate people instead of just telling them how stupid you think they are.

I am not saying anything that the leaders of Nato, and now Hillary are not also saying.

If the President deems it to be in our National Interests then the Constitution Clearly gives him and Congress the power to use our Military when, and where they think it is needed.

So how would ousting Gadafi be in our "National Interest"? :doubt:

I didn't say it was or was not. I said if the President and Congress deem it to be, then they have constitutional Authority to act.

Someone had implied there is no constitutional Power to attack a foreign power ever.

They implied wrong.

Let me make sure I have this right.
Neocons are the warmongers? Right?
Libertarians are more for us staying out of other nations business?

So how would ousting Gadafi be in our "National Interest"? :doubt:

Considering the economic reprocussions occuring because if his actions, how could they not be?

Id still oppose going to war over this. But the idea that we have no interest in the market price of oil is absurd.

He's a limp noodle, he's a babe in the woods
Do tyrants fear America anymore? President Obama
The débacle of Washington’s handling of the Libya issue is symbolic of a wider problem at the heart of the Obama administration’s foreign policy. The fact that it took ten days and at least a thousand dead on the streets of Libya’s cities before President Obama finally mustered the courage to call for Muammar “mad dog” Gaddafi to step down is highly embarrassing for the world’s only superpower, and emblematic of a deer-in-the-headlights approach to world leadership. Washington seems incapable of decisive decision-making on foreign policy at the moment, a far cry from the days when it swept entire regimes from power, and defeated America’s enemies with deep-seated conviction and an unshakeable drive for victory.

I made a post calling for the use of USAF and navy forces to protect the people in Libya a week ago.

yes well, you should be runniing the show. Its over a months since Tunisia blew and we stil don't have a marine outfit on the Kearsarge ( that was carrying the amphib. marine cont. for the 6th fleet, its been in Afghanistan for months) or an aircraft carrier in range.

And all this talk of a no fly zone? zip zero nada,,,,its was just a we are getting tough headline, no one else is on board.

Just send a cruise missile into his pup tent and be done with it. He's making no effort to hide himself. We know where he is.

The one we need to go after, after that, is his son. He seems to be just as crazy as Sadaam's sons were.

If we are going to go in there and blast the shit out of 'em, we can't afford to do it the Clinton way and fire at BS targets that have no meaning. Find THEM, and kill them.

Last edited:
When a leader starts slaughtering his own people in the streets. It becomes our Business. IMO.

It is NOT our business, in any way, shape, or form.

Libya is having a Civil War.

So it is up to the Libyan people to rise up and make a change.

Or to keep Gadafi as their leader. :cool:

A Dictator holding on to one city, and using Jets to slaughter his people is not a Civil war. That A massacre.

Forum List

Back