Obama should pardon all that are serving time for smoking a leaf

You are correct Timmy, according to the department of Justice report from several years ago possession did not land you in prison, intent to distribute, and sell did, however, with minor time spent, or sentences waived. In fact states released "minor crime" as defined by hemp related during the period of overcrowding. Now selling, smuggling, transporting, cocaine, heroin, crack.... are different stories.
i know a guy who did a year because he had a 1/2 oz on him when he was pulled over for doing 10 miles per over the speed limit.....he was not sentenced for speeding....

You are correct Timmy, according to the department of Justice report from several years ago possession did not land you in prison, intent to distribute, and sell did, however, with minor time spent, or sentences waived. In fact states released "minor crime" as defined by hemp related during the period of overcrowding. Now selling, smuggling, transporting, cocaine, heroin, crack.... are different stories.
i know a guy who did a year because he had a 1/2 oz on him when he was pulled over for doing 10 miles per over the speed limit.....he was not sentenced for speeding....
He wasn't sentenced for smoking, either.

If he was sentenced for a year, then he had priors. Most likely he violated his probation and was sent back to serve whatever his original sentence was.

Obama should pardon all that are serving time for smoking a leaf...Yep, he should blanket pardon every person that was wrongly imprisoned because of our stupid laws against smoking pot.

He should then spend the rest of his presidency to get it legalized federally.

Sure, no reason to jail people who buy the products of terrorist drug cartels and keep the violent assholes in business. LMAO
You didn't read the last sentence of Matthew's post did you? If MJ is legalized the drug cartels would be out of business. Criminalizing marijuana is keeping drug cartels in business....THINK!

Obama should pardon all that are serving time for smoking a leaf...Yep, he should blanket pardon every person that was wrongly imprisoned because of our stupid laws against smoking pot.

========
All it would take is an Executive Order to remove marijuana from the Schedule 1 list and put it on Schedule 5 --- whatever the lowest listing is.

Then a Presidential Pardon for all non-violent drug offenders in prison for simple possession of pot.

If he was sentenced for a year, then he had priors. Most likely he violated his probation and was sent back to serve whatever his original sentence was.

Depends on where you're at but yeah criminal possession (i.e. possessing pot in an amount where it's assumed it's for your own consumption) can land you in jail.

Sure, no reason to jail people who buy the products of terrorist drug cartels and keep the violent assholes in business. LMAO
You didn't read the last sentence of Matthew's post did you? If MJ is legalized the drug cartels would be out of business. Criminalizing marijuana is keeping drug cartels in business....THINK!
Drug cartels don't deal in marijuana only, I hope you know that. The drug cartels are not going to go out of business. They just find something else.

========
All it would take is an Executive Order to remove marijuana from the Schedule 1 list and put it on Schedule 5 --- whatever the lowest listing is.

Then a Presidential Pardon for all non-violent drug offenders in prison for simple possession of pot.
NOBODY IS IN PRISON FOR SIMPLE POSSESSION OF POT.

Cripes you people are stupid.

He can only pardon those serving time for Federal crimes- and probably the number actually serving time for 'smoking' is almost nil.

Hell if there are any legacy cases of someone serving hard time for just smoking pot, I would be all for it- but most such cases will be State- not Federal.

========

NOBODY IS IN PRISON FOR SIMPLE POSSESSION OF POT.

Cripes you people are stupid.

Well then prove it. Prove how stupid we all are- by actually proving something you say.

Depends on where you're at but yeah criminal possession (i.e. possessing pot in an amount where it's assumed it's for your own consumption) can land you in jail.
Overnight maybe, just like for a duii.

But it won't get you prison time, or even jail time. Unless you're on probation, or you have priors.

The whole fantasy about the thousands of people in jail and prison just for smoking weed...it's a total fabrication, lol.

Drug cartels don't deal in marijuana only, I hope you know that. The drug cartels are not going to go out of business. They just find something else.
Well.DUHHHH..we were talking about Marijuana.... Don't change the drug in mid discussion!

There is NOBODY in this country in jail for "smoking a leaf". You don't get put into jail for smoking pot.
How the fuck do YOU know that? Uncommon sense?
Please find me an example of someone who was sentenced to TIME IN PRISON or even TIME IN JAIL for SMOKING pot, and just for smoking pot. I'll wait.

You are the one who said there is no one serving time in jail for possession of pot.

Prove it

Well.DUHHHH..we were talking about Marijuana.... Don't change the drug in mid
You said DRUG CARTELS. Not marijuana cartels, of which there are none.

Legalizing marijuana isn't going to put any of the drug cartels out of business.

Colorado News: Court Rules That Possession of Marijuana Convictions Can Now Be Overturned

Brian Vicente, one of Amendment 64's authors, said the judges' ruling could ultimately affect hundreds of Coloradoans who were sentenced to jail terms for petty marijuana possession, while some inmates currently serving time could also be released. He also said that prior to the amendment, the state had prosecuted about 9,000 marijuana possession cases a year.

But it won't get you prison time, or even jail time. Unless you're on probation, or you have priors.

The whole fantasy about the thousands of people in jail and prison just for smoking weed...it's a total fabrication, lol.
Watch it. You are losing ground. First you say NOBODY is in jail for smoking pot and NOW you are backtracking and saying well, maybe if you are on probation or have priors. Keep going you are getting there.

Yeah generally speaking that's about the worst that would happen, unless the judge wants to be a hard ass in which case it could be worse (for example in Delaware you could end up in jail for up to 3 MONTHS :eek:).

I don't think anyone's in prison for just SMOKING. More like selling .
bullshit.....
There is NOBODY in this country in jail for "smoking a leaf". You don't get put into jail for smoking pot.
How the fuck do YOU know that? Uncommon sense?
Please find me an example of someone who was sentenced to TIME IN PRISON or even TIME IN JAIL for SMOKING pot, and just for smoking pot. I'll wait.

You are the one who said there is no one serving time in jail for possession of pot.

Prove it

Don't ask her to prove a negative. Prove there is.

Well.DUHHHH..we were talking about Marijuana.... Don't change the drug in mid
You said DRUG CARTELS. Not marijuana cartels, of which there are none.

Legalizing marijuana isn't going to put any of the drug cartels out of business.

See that highlighted BLUE writing in your previous post. You certainly have a short memory...it was YOU who identified "DRUG CARTELS" as terrorists selling marijuana, not me or anyone else.. it was YOU. Then to add more stupidity to your wild assertion you now claim there are no marijuana cartels... Well, er...ma'm isn't THC a drug? That is the active ingredient that gives you a buzz in MJ! Please sit down and let the grown folks talk...OK?

Forum List

Back