Obama should pardon all that are serving time for smoking a leaf

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Obama should pardon all that are serving time for smoking a leaf...Yep, he should blanket pardon every person that was wrongly imprisoned because of our stupid laws against smoking pot.

He should then spend the rest of his presidency to get it legalized federally.

Obama should pardon all that are serving time for smoking a leaf...Yep, he should blanket pardon every person that was wrongly imprisoned because of our stupid laws against smoking pot.

Sure, no reason to jail people who buy the products of terrorist drug cartels and keep the violent assholes in business. LMAO

That sounds like legislating, which is not El Presidente's job. Policy matters are reserved to the people.

Sure, no reason to jail people who buy the products of terrorist drug cartels and keep the violent assholes in business. LMAO
The majority of drugs sold by a cartel is gonna be the smaller packages, but it won't be weed....

I don't think anyone's in prison for just SMOKING. More like selling .

You are correct Timmy, according to the department of Justice report from several years ago possession did not land you in prison, intent to distribute, and sell did, however, with minor time spent, or sentences waived. In fact states released "minor crime" as defined by hemp related during the period of overcrowding. Now selling, smuggling, transporting, cocaine, heroin, crack.... are different stories.

I'd love to see Obama embrace the Libertarian stance of legalizing drugs and shrinking the population in our prisons... Sadly for you widdle Mattie, you voted DUMB-O-CRAT so you git more people in jail and more regulations on drugs.

I'd love to see Obama embrace the Libertarian stance of legalizing drugs and shrinking the population in our prisons... Sadly for you widdle Mattie, you voted DUMB-O-CRAT so you git more people in jail and more regulations on drugs.

Actually drug legalization is about the only thing Democrats get right, when it comes to sex and drugs they're all for individual liberty..... on everything else they're generally hyper-authoritarians.

Actually drug legalization is about the only thing Democrats get right, when it comes to sex and drugs they're all for individual liberty..... on everything else they're generally hyper-authoritarians.

Did Democrats legalize drugs on a federal level that I don't know about? Even on a state level, did democrats do that or just "the people"?

Presidents can pardon. It is one of the powers of the presidency.

He can only pardon those convicted of federal offenses. Merely smoking is not a federal offense. Trafficking is a federal offense. Only a governor can pardon those convicted in state court.

Democrats are for destruction. Anything that can be destructive, even if remotely, they support.

Did Democrats legalize drugs on a federal level that I don't know about? Even on a state level, did democrats do that or just "the people"?

Naw but at least they pay lip service to the prospect, so I give 'em some credit.

it should at least be decriminalized and taken off schedule 1 at the federal level....

There is NOBODY in this country in jail for "smoking a leaf". You don't get put into jail for smoking pot.

Forum List

Back