Obama says

Hey MODMORON and WOZNECK how much sail would need to be on a boat to pull a 60 foot shrimp net across the ocean floor?? HUH.. come on genuis tell us.

and the big orange MODMORON appauds the DUmmie who thinks you can pull a shrimp net with a sailboat.. :lol::lol: idiots

Wow, its like we never got any shrimp until we invented mechanized boats! It's not like we've been using seines since before relying on industrial inventions... We would be doomed with sail alone, dooooooomed I tell ye!

the shrimpers are laughing their asses off, tell them how much sail they're gonna need to haul those 60 foot shrimp nets across the ocean floor and then tell us how they're gonna get them up to the deck,, with solar?? go ahead.. we'll wait.

Oh my God, he is doing it. He's using this oil spill to push Green Energy. God only knows where this is going.

HOw dare he not want to rely on oil! Oh the horror.

Somewhere Rand Paul is weeping. :clap2:

Do you not understand that we are just not there technologically yet?

My neighbor has solar power running his home. Didnt the military just run a alternative fueled jet?

Don't hybrid cars exist now? Aren't there wind towers in cali? I know I saw something that looked like them the last time I went to LA. lol

I know I am getting a solar powered water heater soon enough. I cant afford a complete solar power refit, but soon enough. Its about 18k initially and with all the rebates, its about 5k. I am saving for it though, it will pay for itself in no time.

We have an abundance of sun here it seems.....lol Its a beginning. I know thats electricity and not oil, but its alternative energy, and I like the thought of that.

I know there are ways to get energy and not use fuel. Either way, off shore drilling will stop here soon enough. Its not like we got that oil ourselves anyway. Think of it this way, we are spewing oil on our land for other countries to have oil. How sick is that?

Last edited:
come on guys,, 60 foot shrimp net, in about 60 foot of water.. dragging it across the floor of the bay or ocean then you gotta haul you catch up to the deck,, how much sail and solar is that going to take.. come on now, you have all the answers let's have it.. come on now I know you can bullshit your way through the laws of physics.. come on now MODMORON..

My neighbor has solar power running his home. Didnt the military just run a alternative fueled jet?

Don't hybrid cars exist now? Aren't there wind towers in cali? I know I saw something that looked like them the last time I went to LA. lol

I know I am getting a solar powered water heater soon enough. I cant afford a complete solar power refit, but soon enough. Its about 18k initially and with all the rebates, its about 5k. I am saving for it though, it will pay for itself in no time.

We have an abundance of sun here it seems.....lol

obie wan can fly in a fart powered aeroplane too.. then I'll :clap2::clap2::clap2: him.

Oh my God, he is doing it. He's using this oil spill to push Green Energy. God only knows where this is going.

Wait a second! The president of the United States of America is using the second biggest oil spill in US history to promote the US going away from relying on fossil fuels and seeking alternative energy? I can't believe it.:cuckoo:

and the big orange MODMORON appauds the DUmmie who thinks you can pull a shrimp net with a sailboat.. :lol::lol: idiots

Wow, its like we never got any shrimp until we invented mechanized boats! It's not like we've been using seines since before relying on industrial inventions... We would be doomed with sail alone, dooooooomed I tell ye!

the shrimpers are laughing their asses off, tell them how much sail they're gonna need to haul those 60 foot shrimp nets across the ocean floor and then tell us how they're gonna get them up to the deck,, with solar?? go ahead.. we'll wait.

I never said solar, I was just mocking you for ignoring the fact that human kind used sail and wind power to move boats for thousands of years. And it worked just cheery. They'll need quite a bit of sail to move the boat, but its not like we never made a boat with massive amounts of sails before.

You'll obviously have to change and refine shrimp fishing methods. Only an uneducated idiot would assume we would simply replacing the means of powering the operation.

Yes we could go back to hand cast nets. Are you ready for the cost of sea food to quadruple or better?

IF Obama were truly sincere about coming up with an alternative fuel, he would simply institute a contest with a $100M grand prize. Come up with a viable replacement for the internal combustion engine and you win. By viable, we are talking about cost, reliability, size, range,and so on and so forth.

I never said solar, I was just mocking you for ignoring the fact that human kind used sail and wind power to move boats for thousands of years. And it worked just cheery. They'll need quite a bit of sail to move the boat, but its not like we never made a boat with massive amounts of sails before.

You'll obviously have to change and refine shrimp fishing methods. Only an uneducated idiot would assume we would simply replacing the means of powering the operation.

how much wind and solar to haul a 60 foot shrimp net across the ocean floor and then haul the catch up to the deck.. come on now you gotta make those shrimpers stop giggling. :lol::lol::lol:

IF Obama were truly sincere about coming up with an alternative fuel, he would simply institute a contest with a $100M grand prize. Come up with a viable replacement for the internal combustion engine and you win. By viable, we are talking about cost, reliability, size, range,and so on and so forth.

well, we do have nuclear submarines,, think the asswipe libruls will go for that? you could run a shrimp boat on nuclear power..

Wait a second! The president of the United States of America is using the second biggest oil spill in US history to promote the US going away from relying on fossil fuels and seeking alternative energy? I can't believe it.:cuckoo:

Thats just crazy! (This proves, no matter what he says or does, he is wrong).

Yes we could go back to hand cast nets. Are you ready for the cost of sea food to quadruple or better?

you cannot catch eating size shrimp in a cast net..

We have an abundance of sun here it seems.....lol Its a begining.

I know there are ways to get energy and not use fuel. Either way, off shore drilling will stop here soon enough. Its not like we got that oil ourselves anyway. Think of it this way, we are spewing oil on our land for other countries to have oil. How sick is that?

My pool is heated by solar power. In the summer time I produce enough surplus electricity to also run the filter and cleaning system. It cost me $10K extra to have that system installed comparatively speaking it will take me 25 years to make back my investment over what a propane heating system would cost - well if I heated my pool everyday with propane, which I wouldn't.

My wife drives a hybrid Lexus SUV. It cost $7000 more than the exact same vehicle as a on hybrid. Oh and can you guess where the electricity that most people use to charge their vehicles is produced from?

I am fortunate in that I can afford to splurge on a few environmentally friendly vehicle, but you are fooling yourself if you think everyone is. What do those people do? Where is your sympathy?

Do we require everyone to buy a brand new hybrid? Maybe the government just provides everyone with one..............

Get real...........

how much wind and solar to haul a 60 foot shrimp net across the ocean floor and then haul the catch up to the deck.. come on now you gotta make those shrimpers stop giggling. :lol::lol::lol:

You don't know what change and refine shrimp fishing methods means do you? Let me make it simpler: it means we probably won't do the same ways we rely on now for shrimping, because obviously it wouldn't be doable. It's been several hundred years since we used 'hand-cast methods',' and I think we've got a bunch of smart enough chaps in the shrimp or boating industry to figure it out.

Forum List

Back