Where are all the celebrities?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Where are all the famous poeple that normally love to show how much they care and help people in need? They were all over Katrina. They were falling over themselves to help out in Haiti. But I don't see much involvement in trying to help all the people whose lives have been turned upside down by the undersea oil geiser.

Is it possible they just don't want to draw any more attention to the inept response of their boy Barrack? I guess politics means more to them than actually helping people.

Oh well, I knew they were oportunistic douchers anyway.

If they're anything like our President, they're working on their putting, because the world is going to be fine tomorrow! Obama has called a conference of unicorns to discuss reclaiming energy from rainbows, which will make fossil fuels a thing of the past!

The same place where the tea partiers are.
They only show up for a party and a clean up is not one.

I was thinking the same thing the other day, mani. Isn't this one of those "Voices that Care" moments?

I'm guessing that they see BP as the enemy and helping them would be like helping the enemy. Who knows, though. Celebs are a cooky bunch.

Maybe Gadawg is on to something too. This isn't really something you can just throw money at to get everyone to fawn over you.

Where are all the famous poeple that normally love to show how much they care and help people in need? They were all over Katrina. They were falling over themselves to help out in Haiti. But I don't see much involvement in trying to help all the people whose lives have been turned upside down by the undersea oil geiser.

Is it possible they just don't want to draw any more attention to the inept response of their boy Barrack? I guess politics means more to them than actually helping people.

very weak troll attempt, you need to whine about the double standard of the librul celebutards where israel is involved as well.

Why should they aid a multibillion dollar industry (s) in paying its debt (s) to society?

I don't think it would be so much aiding BP as it would be the people whose claims have not been processed or paid. They could at least have cash in hand to take care of necessities since they have no money coming in from employment and unemployment doesn't pay anywhere near what they would be making if they were employed.

Celebrities need a "cause" in order to act: Farm Aid concerts, AIDs concerts and benefit functions, "Save the Rats in the Mojave Desert" benefits ... they're not in touch with the idea that the people all along the US shores of the Gulf are suffering badly .... and besides, that ugly mess is not affecting their beaches or their view from their mansions on the hill.

Those quaint little towns all along the coast don't hold any interest to them. But, New Orleans? That's a different story. They can party hardy, stay in luxurious hotels and/or own their own home there.

• Banned
I was thinking the same thing the other day, mani. Isn't this one of those "Voices that Care" moments?

I'm guessing that they see BP as the enemy and helping them would be like helping the enemy. Who knows, though. Celebs are a cooky bunch.

Maybe Gadawg is on to something too. This isn't really something you can just throw money at to get everyone to fawn over you.

I'm not talking about helping BP, I'm talking about helping real people whose lives have been devastated. Do you think they'd be this silent (and absent) if Bush were still in office?

I'm not talking about helping BP, I'm talking about helping real people whose lives have been devastated.

I took that into consideration. Celebs are whacked.

Do you think they'd be this silent if Bush were still in office?

Towards the administration?

Of course not. Celebs hated Bush.

Oh, and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm not talking about helping BP, I'm talking about helping real people whose lives have been devastated. Do you think they'd be this silent (and absent) if Bush were still in office?

Stop being ridiculous, are you suggesting that the celebutantes are politically motivated when they decide who is worthy of their charity?????

What do you want them to do? I mean Rosie called out for $20/Gal gasoline to help these people who have no income................

very weak troll attempt, you need to whine about the double standard of the librul celebutards where israel is involved as well.
His mojo is in very bad shape. I wonder why no celebrities have jumped to his rescue?

Why should they aid a multibillion dollar industry (s) in paying its debt (s) to society?

I don't think it would be so much aiding BP as it would be the people whose claims have not been processed or paid. They could at least have cash in hand to take care of necessities since they have no money coming in from employment and unemployment doesn't pay anywhere near what they would be making if they were employed.

Celebrities need a "cause" in order to act: Farm Aid concerts, AIDs concerts and benefit functions, "Save the Rats in the Mojave Desert" benefits ... they're not in touch with the idea that the people all along the US shores of the Gulf are suffering badly .... and besides, that ugly mess is not affecting their beaches or their view from their mansions on the hill.

Those quaint little towns all along the coast don't hold any interest to them. But, New Orleans? That's a different story. They can party hardy, stay in luxurious hotels and/or own their own home there.

Nope, Granny, I'm sorry. This was not a natural no fault disaster, this one carries liability, and the liability belongs to BP and Halliburton, and another company (Ocean something). Their assets should immediately cover damages, as it is nobody's fault but their own that this happened. Any fund raising would lessen that liability, and reduce the pressure on these douche bags to pony up for what they are responsible for causing

His mojo is in very bad shape. I wonder why no celebrities have jumped to his rescue?

i heard red cosgrove is going to do a charity gang bang in his hono(u)r

Asshole celeb Sean Penn, his brother Fountain, and his sister Ball-Point traveled down to Haiti to help the folks. Why the hell doesn't he paddle out into the Gulf in a canoe to help scoop up the oil flow?

It's the ratio ya'll are forgetting about.

The ratio is about 2-1.

Whenever it took Bush a week to address something, it wasn't until 2 weeks later some Hollyweird nutbag made an appearance.
1 month followed by 2 months, and so on.

Figure it was on day 50 Barry made his address.
= 100 days from now we''l get to see Oprah and Penn in full scuba gear :D

Nope, Granny, I'm sorry. This was not a natural no fault disaster, this one carries liability, and the liability belongs to BP and Halliburton, and another company (Ocean something). Their assets should immediately cover damages, as it is nobody's fault but their own that this happened. Any fund raising would lessen that liability, and reduce the pressure on these douche bags to pony up for what they are responsible for causing

Who said money. Rosie could have her fat ass out there scooping up oil.. Of course with the moratorium on whale hunting being lifted, she probably shouldn't risk it..............

As for BP, why is everyone demonizing them when all they have done is said "yes our fault, we WILL pay for everything?"

same celebs? same people hurting? different reasons,, well well well, we'll help you if that doofoos President Bush fails to protect you from a hurricane YOU should have run from. we won't help you when the doofoos obie wan declares a "moratorium" on your livelood and causes the loss of twenty thousand jobs.. yep,, that sounds like obieollywood.

They're where they always have been. At Monterrey, rallying against offshore drilling, while the toothless, uneducated, Murkins are yelling "drill baby drill" and blowing up mountains, swilling large amounts of adult beverages that support NASCAR and, praying to Hayzeus to clean the mess up..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back