Obama says he set Trump up with a good economy

Watch this to see how disingenuous that statement was....he didn't know what to do or he knew exactly what he was doing...making America more dependent again.......thank God he is gone and Hillary lost.....or we would be in deep shit right now.....

This isn't Obama's economy...this is Trump's economy.....

Really, wow!!! Please tell us exactly what Trump has done to create jobs, reduce unemployment and reduce our deficit, and ultimately the debt.

I really need to understand, since at the moment, and for the last 16 moments, I've believed he is inept, incompetent, inexperienced and a bully whose main focus is on his best interests.

Please disabuse my beliefs, and make the case that Trump has made life so much better for ALL Americans. There must be some reasons, some legislation, some things to make someone as astute as you conclude Trump is not the lying, two-faced, narcissistic,self serving and arrogant jerk he presents in public.

The first step was to make America less hostile towards business and encouraging businesses to expand and grow by giving them some confidence and that results in more jobs which, in turn, leads to a more healthy economy. Telling Americans that they should get used to the way things are, there is nothing we can do about it except make businesses pay more taxes and to tighten our belts doesn't really give anyone more confidence and is not helpful in any way.

I guess these liberals have forgotten how the US bond ratings were downgraded under our "esteem" president barry.

LOL, once again a statement / personal attack on Obama not supported by the evidence. The reference seems to be Standard and Poor's downgrading is all Obama's fault, which is a LIE.

see: S&P downgrades U.S. credit rating for first time

"Lowering the nation’s rating to one notch below AAA, the credit rating company said “political brinkmanship” in the debate over the debt had made the U.S. government’s ability to manage its finances less stable, less effective and less predictable.”

The Political Brinkmanship was the result of Obama's effort to put money into the economy via grants to create jobs, and the GOP's effort to make Obama a one term President.

Businesses create jobs, not Obama. Lol.

Businesses need incentives to create jobs, such as roads, bridges, tunnels, public transportation, power, water, sewage and police and fire services. All of which is paid for by taxpayers and implemented by government on the local, state and federal level.

Regulations, such as zoning laws and business taxes on the local level, and targeted tax breaks by state and local government for start ups, green and renewable energy, for example, are sometimes necessary.

Corporate welfare is not necessary, giving tax breaks to global corporations is absurd, as are most of the policies the GOP under McConnell, Ryan and Trump have promulgated and/or promised.

It time for a new and fair deal, and that can only be done by sending that GOP Axis home, and implementing a domestic Marshall Plan to fix everything Trump&Co has ruined! It is past time to change the discussion from old ideas which do not work, to 21st Century solutions, to wit: on education; criminal justice; tax policy; climate change; energy; jobs; and even the work week.

Only ChrisL is blaming the Russians for the Dems loss, whereas the Dems don't make that claim.

Americans claim that Trump's staff conspired illegally with the Russians.

That is what they will be tried on, not the Dems' loss.

While there is ACTUALLY evidence of the DNC conspiring against their own candidates to pick and choose your candidates for you. And they choose badly apparently. :D Lol! Is the DNC incompetent or just stupid?

Really, wow!!! Please tell us exactly what Trump has done to create jobs, reduce unemployment and reduce our deficit, and ultimately the debt.

I really need to understand, since at the moment, and for the last 16 moments, I've believed he is inept, incompetent, inexperienced and a bully whose main focus is on his best interests.

Please disabuse my beliefs, and make the case that Trump has made life so much better for ALL Americans. There must be some reasons, some legislation, some things to make someone as astute as you conclude Trump is not the lying, two-faced, narcissistic,self serving and arrogant jerk he presents in public.

The first step was to make America less hostile towards business and encouraging businesses to expand and grow by giving them some confidence and that results in more jobs which, in turn, leads to a more healthy economy. Telling Americans that they should get used to the way things are, there is nothing we can do about it except make businesses pay more taxes and to tighten our belts doesn't really give anyone more confidence and is not helpful in any way.

I guess these liberals have forgotten how the US bond ratings were downgraded under our "esteem" president barry.

LOL, once again a statement / personal attack on Obama not supported by the evidence. The reference seems to be Standard and Poor's downgrading is all Obama's fault, which is a LIE.

"Lowering the nation’s rating to one notch below AAA, the credit rating company said “political brinkmanship” in the debate over the debt had made the U.S. government’s ability to manage its finances less stable, less effective and less predictable.”

The Political Brinkmanship was the result of Obama's effort to put money into the economy via grants to create jobs, and the GOP's effort to make Obama a one term President.

Businesses need incentives to create jobs, such as roads, bridges, tunnels, public transportation, power, water, sewage and police and fire services. All of which is paid for by taxpayers and implemented by government on the local, state and federal level.

Regulations, such as zoning laws and business taxes on the local level, and targeted tax breaks by state and local government for start ups, green and renewable energy, for example, are sometimes necessary.

Corporate welfare is not necessary, giving tax breaks to global corporations is absurd, as are most of the policies the GOP under McConnell, Ryan and Trump have promulgated and/or promised.

It time for a new and fair deal, and that can only be done by sending that GOP Axis home, and implementing a domestic Marshall Plan to fix everything Trump&Co has ruined! It is past time to change the discussion from old ideas which do not work, to 21st Century solutions, to wit: on education; criminal justice; tax policy; climate change; energy; jobs; and even the work week.

Well, things have been going great for me economically and also for my community. There are actually JOBS available in the want ads! :D Even some that are permanent and full time positions. The Obama years were the era of slow growth, low wages, part time and a LOT Of temp jobs because businesses did not have the confidence to expand and grow and take on new employees. Common business sense is what you people lack.

Basically, you are claiming that Hillary supporters were manipulated into voting for Trump over some memes and such things posted on the internet. Okay? That is what you are claiming here. :D

Nope. That's your claim. Hillary supporters made up their minds. Trump supporters did too. Leaving what or rather who to be persuaded?

You can blame the Russians for Hillary losing all you want. I think people know better though. I think even you probably know but you are just never going to admit it. Lol. That's okay. Obviously you need your scapegoats when you do things WRONG and the blowback is harsh. :D

I blame the American voters. I credit Russian for taking advantage. The GOP base took the ball and ran with it. I think you and the GOP are truly happy Russia was so successful in penetrating the US media and at spreading lies, like the aforementioned Uranium deal. Undecided voters were targeted.

Obama was/is delusional. That idiot also said business owners .... well.. let’s hear it from him...

I’m glad that idiot is finally gone.

Speaking of delusional.
/----/ Me. I'm whining about relying on basic raw materials for defense from Russians who are not our friends.

It's a non-issue devised to harm Sec. Clinton. Most of the uranium goes to fuel our nuclear reactors. Not maintaining our arsenal of Nuclear weapons. I gotta hand it to the Russians, or whoever devised it, because it worked on quite a few Americans.

Right? All of those leftists who were going to vote for Hillary on the issues were easily led astray by the evil Russians. :D Lol.

Hahaha.....nah, just the dumbed down ones who develop their opinion through headlines, the Alt right echo chamber and talk radio. It was enough in the targeted districts to swing the EC. But to be fair it could have been the GOP, they play nasty when a Democrat is in office. They've always feared Mrs. Clinton. Look at the effort the put in to denigrate her.

So who is it then who would have voted for Hillary Clinton if not for Russian memes on the internets? Lol. Face it, Hillary lost because she was a bad candidate with a bad record.

Well I asked a few trumpsters and they swore there was no Russian influence on their decision.........The same ones who laughed and sent out links to those Russian backed memes, nasty jokes, and out right false stories. Like her giving Russia 20% of our uranium. Linking that falshood to our National Security, as if the uranium were a vital part of our nuclear weapons material. Such has been stated on this thread already.

/——/ Didn’t Obozo lecture is that it is impossible for the Russians to hack the election? Was he lying and colluding with Russians to throw us off the trail?

Most Liberal Democrats have no idea what economic model Obama was trying to implement. It was Kynesian Economics. Through out history this policy has never worked to bring back an economy. It resulted in pro longing the come back from the recession.
It did bring back the economy
Do you really think our economy would have come back without the help of the Federal Reserve keeping the lending rates at near 0% for the entire 8 years of barry's presidency? If the economy was so strong towards the end of his presidency, why didn't they raise the rates to reflect the strength of our economy? Let that sink in for awhile before you answer. As I said before, even left leaning economists have given credit to Donnie and not barry. good grief, you guys are die hard blind loyalists
So?

You have a point in there somewhere?
It happened. Trump is benefitting
The point is that it wasn't your messiah, "Great Obama" that helped the economy. It was the Federal Reserve, not, "Great Obama". The recovery wouldn't have lasted as long as it did if it wasn't for the policies your messiah put on the economy.
That's an unsupported opinion, but go ahead and run with it.
Ask any small business, they'll tell you, Jackie.

Those businesses were eliminating 750,000 jobs a month before the Great Obama bailed them out

Just what did the "Great Obama" do? The stimulus package? lol Cash for clunkers? lol

Eight years in power amid constant attacks by the idiot fringe - including RW members of Congress; keeping his sense of humor and class, never once tweeting caustic comments about his persecutors; projecting a positive image of a family man with not a hint of scandal; working well with our allies and signing the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act:

During his time in office the word Chaos never once described the White House, nor was the POTUS ever suspected of taking financial advantage of his position or colluding with a foreign foe.

President Obama instilled confidence in government after the fiasco of eight years of GOP failures, the worst attack on our nation since Peal Harbor, the war of choice in Iraq and the worst financial crisis since The Great Depression.

And did all of this when under attack by those who are now known as the Trumpanzees, the Atl Right and/or neo fascists.

Well, things have been going great for me economically and also for my community. There are actually JOBS available in the want ads! :D Even some that are permanent and full time positions. The Obama years were the era of slow growth, low wages, part time and a LOT Of temp jobs because businesses did not have the confidence to expand and grow and take on new employees. Common business sense is what you people lack.

The first Obama year was terrible, hundreds of thousands of jobs lost each month, a drop in the stock market which set back retirement for many responsible workers, homes under water and loans nearly impossible to obtain, all of which were a product of the previous eight years but Obama was blaimed since he was in the Oval Office.

THEN the economy improved, housing starts and values rose, the stock market increased in value every and the number of unemployed began to drop. And by the time Trump took office our economy in sound condition.

The Irony being Obama was immediately criticized for the Recession, and Trump was immediately praised for the recovery, by the self proclaimed conservatives, the set now known as Trumpanzees, the racists and the neo fascists.

The first Obama year was terrible, hundreds of thousands of jobs lost each month, a drop in the stock market which set back retirement for many responsible workers, homes under water and loans nearly impossible to obtain, all of which were a product of the previous eight years but Obama was blaimed since he was in the Oval Office.

THEN the economy improved, housing starts and values rose, the stock market increased in value every and the number of unemployed began to drop. And by the time Trump took office our economy in sound condition.

The Irony being Obama was immediately criticized for the Recession, and Trump was immediately praised for the recovery, by the self proclaimed conservatives, the set now known as Trumpanzees, the racists and the neo fascists.
Good grief, Wry.....just how self righteous can you be? Arrogant jerk comes to mind.
The economy did recover under Obama, but, with Obama's policies it was a very slow anemic recovery. So slow that the Fed Reserve Banks needed to keep the Fed Fund Rate at near 0% the entire 8 years.(unprecedented)
Your messiah may have been a good community organizer, but he sucked in economics. You being a good little obamabot will never understand that.

Those businesses were eliminating 750,000 jobs a month before the Great Obama bailed them out

Just what did the "Great Obama" do? The stimulus package? lol Cash for clunkers? lol

Eight years in power amid constant attacks by the idiot fringe - including RW members of Congress; keeping his sense of humor and class, never once tweeting caustic comments about his persecutors; projecting a positive image of a family man with not a hint of scandal; working well with our allies and signing the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act:

During his time in office the word Chaos never once described the White House, nor was the POTUS ever suspected of taking financial advantage of his position or colluding with a foreign foe.

President Obama instilled confidence in government after the fiasco of eight years of GOP failures, the worst attack on our nation since Peal Harbor, the war of choice in Iraq and the worst financial crisis since The Great Depression.

And did all of this when under attack by those who are now known as the Trumpanzees, the Atl Right and/or neo fascists.
Too funny, probably had the most corrupt DOJ in the history of this nation to keep his ass out of trouble. More scandals than you can shake a stick at.
But, you being a good little obamabot, you will never understand that.

Too funny, probably had the most corrupt DOJ in the history of this nation to keep his ass out of trouble. More scandals than you can shake a stick at.

No doubt the color of the AG's during the Obama Administration is why you make that frivolous claim, not supported by examples or evidence.

But, speaking of AG's how would you rate Bush II's AG's on the unprecedented firing of US Attorney's, and the resignation of AG Gonzales and the shenanigans of Monica Goodling?

I'm sure you must have forgotten the Bush II Administration too; just for you, and as a good liberal I always seek to educated those with poor memories, see:

Dismissal of U.S. attorneys controversy - Wikipedia

Good grief, Wry.....just how self righteous can you be? Arrogant jerk comes to mind.
The economy did recover under Obama, but, with Obama's policies it was a very slow anemic recovery. So slow that the Fed Reserve Banks needed to keep the Fed Fund Rate at near 0% the entire 8 years.(unprecedented)
Your messiah may have been a good community organizer, but he sucked in economics. You being a good little obamabot will never understand that.
Well, you got it wrong. And Trump's first year GDP was worse than the last two years of Obama's, and Trump's second year does not look any better. You sound like a good little Trumpbot.

No doubt the color of the AG's during the Obama Administration is why you make that frivolous claim, not supported by examples or evidence.

But, speaking of AG's how would you rate Bush II's AG's on the unprecedented firing of US Attorney's, and the resignation of AG Gonzales and the shenanigans of Monica Goodling?

I'm sure you must have forgotten the Bush II Administration too; just for you, and as a good liberal I always seek to educated those with poor memories, see:

Dismissal of U.S. attorneys controversy - Wikipedia
Of course you would bring up racism, it's the "go to" from the extreme left wing's mantra, wry. So typical of you.
Both the DOJ's of Obama covered up shenanigan's of the Obama administration. not to mention labeling Rosen, a journalist, a co-conspirator,
an aider and abettor for North Korea and had his communications tracked. Yeah....thats racism isn't it, son? Lynch and her quashing of the Hillary debacle during the campaign.

I've spent enough time with your partisan drivel.
You are just a leftwing nut, wry.

Totally agree. And no matter who you want to blame or give credit to, Trump inherited an economy in much better condition than the one Obama took over.

Well, you got it wrong. And Trump's first year GDP was worse than the last two years of Obama's, and Trump's second year does not look any better. You sound like a good little Trumpbot.
Jackie......one thing you obamabots don't want to address is that the Fed Fund rate that Obama was privy to the entire term of his presidency. It was on life support and in need of it. If it wasn't......why did the Federal Reserve keep such low rates?

Well, you can believe that, but do you have factual evidence that would have happened?

The Great Obama passed Stimulus which got us out of a recession, stopped a stock market collapse and reversed a falling employment rate
Not to mention saving the banks and auto sector

You're such a card.

Cash for clunkers was an epic fail. All it did was pull some demand forward and make the used cars that low income people need much more expensive. In addition, it spawned the looming subprime auto loan bubble that is beginning to burst.

Thanks Obabble!

And all the Stimulus did was funnel money to government cronies. This picture says it all:

by boedicca on US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Notice how the Great Bush Recession dropped lower than any of the others by a wide margin

The Great Obama saved us

Forum List

Back