Obama retakes oath of office

POLITICO 44: The Obama Presidency. Minute by Minute

Is every document Obama signed before retaking the oath of office null and void? In other words: Is Hillary Clinton really secretary of State? Do we Americans truly have a National Day of Renewal and Reconciliation? Can Obama staffers making over $100,000 a year still get a raise and lobbyists work in the new administration if the president doesn’t re-do these pre-second oath decisions?

These are just some of the questions that will light up the conspiracy theorist faction of the Web, and even made their way into the mainstream convo this morning on MSNBC when reporters Andrea Mitchell and Chuck Todd raised them.

-- Carrie Budoff Brown

Oh look, blameshifting again. You liberals sure are getting good at that.

Hey dumbass, even Roberts admitted it was his fault. All Obama was supposed to do was repeat him and Obama stumbled one time because he knew that Roberts had just screwed up but he had to repeat him.

God, you hate him so much that you don't even realize when he had nothing to do with it and he's been in office for 2 whole days.

Listening to you makes me even happier that the Gators kick the shit out of the Razorbacks every time we play them

Actually Obama stumbled twice, but, the big one was Roberts mistake.

Come on, it's funny. Relax and have some fun with it.

POLITICO 44: The Obama Presidency. Minute by Minute

Is every document Obama signed before retaking the oath of office null and void? In other words: Is Hillary Clinton really secretary of State? Do we Americans truly have a National Day of Renewal and Reconciliation? Can Obama staffers making over $100,000 a year still get a raise and lobbyists work in the new administration if the president doesn’t re-do these pre-second oath decisions?

These are just some of the questions that will light up the conspiracy theorist faction of the Web, and even made their way into the mainstream convo this morning on MSNBC when reporters Andrea Mitchell and Chuck Todd raised them.
-- Carrie Budoff Brown
Well they should just read the constitution especially the part that states that no matter if he takes the oath or not he is President at noon on jan. 20!

And who really cares who made the mistake! I am sure all of you got your wedding vows perfect!:lol:

Well they should just read the constitution especially the part that states that no matter if he takes the oath or not he is President at noon on jan. 20!

There's a part that says that?

You must have read a different constitution than I did.

The one I read specifically states this in Article II, Section I:

Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:--"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

And that's probably why they re-did the oath, because it needs to be clearly on record that it was recited exactly the way its required.

Last edited:
There's a part that says that?

You must have read a different constitution than I did.

The one I read specifically states this in Article II, Section I:

And that's probably why they re-did the oath, because it needs to be clearly on record that it was recited exactly the way its required.
I get that they have to take the oath but as stated in amendment 20 section 2 his term begins at noon on jan 20 th therefore taking care of any issues that might arise like bad wording and people thinking anything signed is void!

I get that they have to take the oath but as stated in amendment 20 section 2 his term begins at noon on jan 20 th therefore taking care of any issues that might arise like bad wording and people thinking anything signed is void!

I think it's pretty safe to assume that the term starting on 1/20 at noon, and the oath being required, are dually necessary to the legal process.

The oath being recited was an original part of the constitution. The amendment stating the day and time was added much later. The former was ALWAYS the requirement, and always will be.

Therefore, it stands to reason that official record ought to have the oath as being properly recited, hence the re-do.

Forum List

Back