Obama Pulled Quite a Few Clearances, and No Liberals Whined Then, Why Now?

From Breitbart.com'sebook page comes a list of at least 197 officers that have been relieved of duty by President Obama for a laundry list of reasons and sometimes with no reason given. Stated grounds range from "leaving blast doors on nukes open" to "loss of confidence in command ability" to "mishandling of funds" to "inappropriate relationships" to "gambling with counterfeit chips" to "inappropriate behavior" to "low morale in troops commanded."

Brennan did not work for Trump, he is a private citizen entitled to criticize his president

But not entitled to a security clearance.
Fired for cause....not political payback
Lol
It seems you would eat the shit out of Obama’s ass if he asked you to...
Wow
Quite a comeback

You must be a Republican

If your policy is to pull clearances of those no longer employed by the government; fine. I think it's a dumb policy since you're willfully depriving yourself of expertise you can find nowhere else but whatever.

Apply the policy equally though. Do you think Trump could do that?

Do you honestly think Trump will ask anyone on the current popular list to have clearance revoked for advice or opinions? They all screwed up royally.

That said, I agree. Those on both sides of politics no longer involved should have it revoked.
Being a political adversary is not screwing up

Promoting a fake dossier to undermine an election is....big time

You mean the dossier that claims Putin has compromising information on Trump?

Doesn’t seem fake to me

No one who leaves Govt. should be allowed to keep a security clearance. They don't need it.

If the Govt wants them back for a reason then they can be issued a new one. Happens all the time.

They are US citizens just like you and I and I'm sure most of America doesn't have a security clearance nor do they need one.

The inconsistency of liberals in their hatred of Trump is very revealing.

'Obama's Favorite General' Stripped Of Security Clearance Amid Leak Investigation
Gordon Lubold of FP reports that multiple current and former administration sources said Cartwright lost his clearance earlier this year. That delivers a big blow to the retired officer once regarded as Obama's 'favorite general,' who left the military and now serves in other military-related roles at the Center of Strategic and International Studies, Raytheon, and as a defense consultant for ABC News.
Obama's Military Coup Purges 197 Officers In Five Years | Investor's Business Daily

Defense: What the president calls "my military" is being cleansed of any officer suspected of disloyalty to or disagreement with the administration on matters of policy or force structure, leaving the compliant and fearful.

We recognize President Obama is the commander-in-chief and that throughout history presidents from Lincoln to Truman have seen fit to remove military commanders they view as inadequate or insubordinate. Turnover in the military ranks is normal, and in these times of sequestration and budget cuts the numbers are expected to tick up as force levels shrink and missions change.

Yet what has happened to our officer corps since President Obama took office is viewed in many quarters as unprecedented, baffling and even harmful to our national security posture. We have commented on some of the higher profile cases, such as Gen. Carter Ham. He was relieved as head of U.S. Africa Command after only a year and a half because he disagreed with orders not to mount a rescue mission in response to the Sept. 11, 2012, attack in Benghazi.

Rear Adm. Chuck Gaouette, commander of the John C. Stennis Carrier Strike Group, was relieved in October 2012 for disobeying orders when he sent his group on Sept. 11 to "assist and provide intelligence for" military forces ordered into action by Gen. Ham.

Other removals include the sacking of two nuclear commanders in a single week — Maj. Gen. Michael Carey, head of the 20th Air Force, responsible for the three wings that maintain control of the 450 intercontinental ballistic missiles, and Vice Adm. Tim Giardina, the No. 2 officer at U.S. Strategic Command.

From Breitbart.com's Facebook page comes a list of at least 197 officers that have been relieved of duty by President Obama for a laundry list of reasons and sometimes with no reason given. Stated grounds range from "leaving blast doors on nukes open" to "loss of confidence in command ability" to "mishandling of funds" to "inappropriate relationships" to "gambling with counterfeit chips" to "inappropriate behavior" to "low morale in troops commanded."

Nine senior commanding generals have been fired by the Obama administration this year, leading to speculation by active and retired members of the military that a purge of its commanders is under way.

Retired U.S. Army Maj. Gen. Paul Vallely, an outspoken critic of the Obama administration, notes how the White House fails to take action or investigate its own officials but finds it easy to fire military commanders "who have given their lives for their country." Vallely thinks he knows why this purge is happening.

"Obama will not purge a civilian or political appointee because they have bought into Obama's ideology," Vallely said. "The White House protects their own. That's why they stalled on the investigation into Fast and Furious, Benghazi and ObamaCare. He's intentionally weakening and gutting our military, Pentagon and reducing us as a superpower, and anyone in the ranks who disagrees or speaks out is being purged."​
Why do Republicans struggle with equivalencies?

Obama pulled clearances and removed them from duty for cause. Not following orders is cause for dismissal

Trump pulled a clearance because his feelings were hurt
Where cause is defined as refusing to be an Obama sycophant

No one who leaves Govt. should be allowed to keep a security clearance. They don't need it.

If the Govt wants them back for a reason then they can be issued a new one. Happens all the time.

They are US citizens just like you and I and I'm sure most of America doesn't have a security clearance nor do they need one.
There are jobs outside of government that require clearance

Issuing a new clearance takes over a year

If your policy is to pull clearances of those no longer employed by the government; fine. I think it's a dumb policy since you're willfully depriving yourself of expertise you can find nowhere else but whatever.

Do you honestly think Trump will ask anyone on the current popular list to have clearance revoked for advice or opinions? They all screwed up royally.

That said, I agree. Those on both sides of politics no longer involved should have it revoked.

That would make it partisan.

Bullshit. If the Govt. needs that person for an emergency he will get that clearance in no time.

As for none emergency. It takes as long as it takes.

You sure are a Govt tit sucker who doesn't know much.

Last edited:
The inconsistency of liberals in their hatred of Trump is very revealing.

'Obama's Favorite General' Stripped Of Security Clearance Amid Leak Investigation
Gordon Lubold of FP reports that multiple current and former administration sources said Cartwright lost his clearance earlier this year. That delivers a big blow to the retired officer once regarded as Obama's 'favorite general,' who left the military and now serves in other military-related roles at the Center of Strategic and International Studies, Raytheon, and as a defense consultant for ABC News.
Obama's Military Coup Purges 197 Officers In Five Years | Investor's Business Daily

Defense: What the president calls "my military" is being cleansed of any officer suspected of disloyalty to or disagreement with the administration on matters of policy or force structure, leaving the compliant and fearful.

We recognize President Obama is the commander-in-chief and that throughout history presidents from Lincoln to Truman have seen fit to remove military commanders they view as inadequate or insubordinate. Turnover in the military ranks is normal, and in these times of sequestration and budget cuts the numbers are expected to tick up as force levels shrink and missions change.

Yet what has happened to our officer corps since President Obama took office is viewed in many quarters as unprecedented, baffling and even harmful to our national security posture. We have commented on some of the higher profile cases, such as Gen. Carter Ham. He was relieved as head of U.S. Africa Command after only a year and a half because he disagreed with orders not to mount a rescue mission in response to the Sept. 11, 2012, attack in Benghazi.

Rear Adm. Chuck Gaouette, commander of the John C. Stennis Carrier Strike Group, was relieved in October 2012 for disobeying orders when he sent his group on Sept. 11 to "assist and provide intelligence for" military forces ordered into action by Gen. Ham.

Other removals include the sacking of two nuclear commanders in a single week — Maj. Gen. Michael Carey, head of the 20th Air Force, responsible for the three wings that maintain control of the 450 intercontinental ballistic missiles, and Vice Adm. Tim Giardina, the No. 2 officer at U.S. Strategic Command.

From Breitbart.com's Facebook page comes a list of at least 197 officers that have been relieved of duty by President Obama for a laundry list of reasons and sometimes with no reason given. Stated grounds range from "leaving blast doors on nukes open" to "loss of confidence in command ability" to "mishandling of funds" to "inappropriate relationships" to "gambling with counterfeit chips" to "inappropriate behavior" to "low morale in troops commanded."

Nine senior commanding generals have been fired by the Obama administration this year, leading to speculation by active and retired members of the military that a purge of its commanders is under way.

Retired U.S. Army Maj. Gen. Paul Vallely, an outspoken critic of the Obama administration, notes how the White House fails to take action or investigate its own officials but finds it easy to fire military commanders "who have given their lives for their country." Vallely thinks he knows why this purge is happening.

"Obama will not purge a civilian or political appointee because they have bought into Obama's ideology," Vallely said. "The White House protects their own. That's why they stalled on the investigation into Fast and Furious, Benghazi and ObamaCare. He's intentionally weakening and gutting our military, Pentagon and reducing us as a superpower, and anyone in the ranks who disagrees or speaks out is being purged."​

On November 2, 2012, in an interview with the FBI, Cartwright denied he was the source of the leaks. On October 17, 2016, Cartwright entered a guilty plea in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia on a charge of making false statements during the leak investigation, a felony.[19]

Outgoing President Barack Obama pardoned Cartwright on January 17, 2017, two weeks prior to his scheduled sentencing hearing
James Cartwright - Wikipedia

Doesn’t seem fake to me

It's been proven fake. Pull your head outa your ass.

Bullshit. If the Govt. needs that person for an emergency he will get that clearance in no time.

You sure are a Govt tit sucker who doesn't know much.

Not really
The process takes quite a while

Doesn’t seem fake to me

No it hasn't. I also believe he had the golden shower scene as well. Now Steele himself said some of the stuff may not be true based on he was not a witness to it. Besides that is not what started the investigation.

Doesn’t seem fake to me

Fake?

Watching Trump cowering before Putin in Helsinki it is obvious that Steele was correct

Putin does have damaging information on Trump

It takes what it takes. If you want that job, you wait.

Doesn’t seem fake to me

Fake?

Watching Trump cowering before Putin in Helsinki it is obvious that Steele was correct

Putin does have damaging information on Trump

OMG I can't believe you actually wrote this.

You really are a biased gullible idiot.

I thought you were smarter. Guess not.

LMAO

Doesn’t seem fake to me

No it hasn't. I also believe he had the golden shower scene as well. Now Steele himself said some of the stuff may not be true based on he was not a witness to it. Besides that is not what started the investigation.

Yeah it has you clueless twit

They screwed up in both foreign and domestic matters. They caused more damage to the United States than has yet been determined.

Thank Gawd the bulk of that mephitic presidency has been erased.

Nonsense. The President can grant clearance on a per issue basis.

That would make it partisan.

Please make sense so that I can respond.

Forum List

Back