Obama pressuring the senate for vote on health care plan.

Maple

Mar 15, 2009
Obama is doing a full court press on health care, the senate was kept over the weekend. Democrats are divided over the public option and federally funded abortions. I think that this is going to blow up. Some won't support the public option and others won't support federally funded abortions.

If Obama would have just done this through the private sector with Tort reform, health savings plans, opening competition among states, addressing pre-existing conditions and making health insurance portable, he would have gotten it passed in a bi-partisan fashion and it would have been a done deal by now. But oh no, he had to turn over this legislation to the two most liberal politicians he has. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.

For all you liberals who think that health care will be FREE, you need to read the entire article on this post, in the house and senate versions YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE YOUR INSURANCE PLAN and you will pay for it with your own money, right out of your own wallet. The gravy train has ended.

Senate to confront abortion in health care debate - Yahoo! News

The Senate bill would cover more than 30 million additional Americans over the next decade with a new requirement for nearly everyone to buy insurance. The federal-state Medicaid program for the poor would be expanded, and there would be a ban on unpopular insurance company practices such as denying coverage based on medical history

" Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." Napoleon Bonaparte

Last edited:
And another link. The President is in a mad rush to get this monstrosity passed before the senate can go home and hear it loud and clear from their constituents, who don't want this PIG.

Senate debate on health care bill opens with heated rhetoric - CNN.com

Nelson has said he would join a Republican filibuster against closing debate on the bill if it retains the current public option provision, which allows states to opt out of a national plan. Another Democratic caucus member, independent Joe Lieberman of Connecticut, says he also will prevent a final vote if the bill contains any form of public option.

On the Republican side, none of the 40 senators supports a public option, but one -- moderate Olympia Snowe of Maine -- has discussed a trigger mechanism that would automatically bring a public option if thresholds for expanded coverage and lower costs go unmet. The trigger idea is considered the lone chance of a compromise that could gain the support of any Republicans.

For Democrats, each vote is crucial. Overcoming a filibuster requires support every member of the Democratic caucus, so if Lieberman or others oppose a public option, Reid would need a GOP senator to switch sides on the bill.

In my opinion this is going down. They need to trash this bill and start over with one that makes sense.

Last edited:
he's always in a rush, that's why he fucks up so much.. well really, he's a fuck up. gimmmie gimmie gimmie. type of fuck up. he sucks.

he's always in a rush, that's why he fucks up so much.. well really, he's a fuck up. gimmmie gimmie gimmie. type of fuck up. he sucks.

I think the guy is just extremely incompetent. Especially with the economy, he is an economic moron. We elected a person with no executive experience, a former community organizor and one who had only 150 days in the U.S senate.

There is nothing more dangerous to this country than an UNEDUCATED vote. I used to think that everyone should vote, I think diferent now. The American people did not vet this guy and we are paying for it now.

I think the guy is just extremely incompetent. Especially with the economy, he is an economic moron. We elected a person with no executive experience, a former community organizor and one who had only 150 days in the U.S senate.

There is nothing more dangerous to this country than an UNEDUCATED vote. I used to think that everyone should vote, I think diferent now. The American people did not vet this guy and we are paying for it now.
Oh he was vetted all right, read back on this board, everything about him was brought up and poo pooed by the left, marxism is exactly what they voted for.
That's where you are mistaken, he knows exactly what he is doing, he wants as much power as quickly as he can get it and as much of the taxpayers money flowing into the gov. coffers as quickly as he can get it, it's called marxism, and he's a fuck up. it's called wealth redistribution, and he's a fuck up,, you are right about one thing though the non, taxpaying uneducated gimmie gimmie gimmie morons elected him, so that makes them bigger fuck ups than he is.

Oh he was vetted all right, read back on this board, everything about him was brought up and poo pooed by the left, marxism is exactly what they voted for.
That's where you are mistaken, he knows exactly what he is doing, he wants as much power as quickly as he can get it and as much of the taxpayers money flowing into the gov. coffers as quickly as he can get it, it's called marxism, and he's a fuck up. it's called wealth redistribution, and he's a fuck up,, you are right about one thing though the non, taxpaying uneducated gimmie gimmie gimmie morons elected him, so that makes them bigger fuck ups than he is.

People are turning on him, just look at the polls. They bought into his rhetoric during the campaign, which was more middle ground, ignored the Rev Wright and Bill Ayers controversy, bought into his teleprompter speeches and then he turned hard left the day he was elected.

As I have posted I have friends and family who voted for him and they won't be doing that again. He's a one termer, and he is well on his path to beating Carter out of 1st place for the worst President in history.

People are turning on him, just look at the polls. They bought into his rhetoric during the campaign, which was more middle ground, ignored the Rev Wright and Bill Ayers controversy, bought into his teleprompter speeches and then he turned hard left the day he was elected.

As I have posted I have friends and family who voted for him and they won't be doing that again. He's a one termer, and he is well on his path to beating Carter out of 1st place for the worst President in history.

he is the very worst thing that has ever happened to the United States.

Gotta get that fucker passed and signed so they can tax the shit out of us in January.

Then after that we can wait several years for the benefits to kick in....after they've already screwed us out of our money.

I can see what all of the rush is about.

he is the very worst thing that has ever happened to the United States.

I know, but so do other Americans, they are waking up and realizing his agenda is not good for Americans.. With these polls the dems in the house and senate are going to distance themselves from him because they realize that they vote with him and they will be standing in the unemployment lines come next November. No President has ever been re-elected with polls below 50%.

Gallup.Com - Daily News, Polls, Public Opinion on Government, Politics, Economics, Management

And another-

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ministration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

To be honest, I think that these polls are high and I would bet my bottom dollar that if the election were held today we would have an entirely different outcome. Come November it's clean out the house and senate time, hopefully this country will be wise enough to sweep the house and the senate and elect conservatives to get this outrageous deficit under control.

Last edited:

The previous occupant of the Oval Office spend six years as a governor before becoming president. Under his genius leadership, the Dow declined by 25 percent and unemployment increased by 80 percent.

Irony, thy name is Maple.

To be honest, I think that these polls are high and I would bet my bottom dollar that if the election were held today we would have an entirely different outcome. Come November it's clean out the house and senate time, hopefully this country will be wise enough to sweep the house and the senate and elect conservatives to get this outrageous deficit under control.

Even Rasmussen shows Obama leading Huckabee and Palin and tied with Romney in a poll which oversampled Republicans.

Apparently, Obama never mentioned a "public option" in that meeting with Democrats.

And we can believe them when they say that..?

He...he...he....riiiiiiiight.

Wonder when it will start to register that nothing these people say is honest.....they want this and other soon to come policies by hook or crook.

They really don't care what we think about it. They want it....and they will say anything and do anything to get it.

Last edited:
Apparently, Obama never mentioned a "public option" in that meeting with Democrats.

And we can believe them when they say that..?

He...he...he....riiiiiiiight.

Wonder when it will start to register that nothing these people say is honest.....they want this and other soon to come policies by hook or crook.

They really don't care what we think about it. They want it....and they will say anything and do anything to get it.

Meanwhile, back in the world:
1. A majority of Americans support the public option.
2. A sizable portion of those opposed to this bill do so because they think it's too conservative.

Forum List

Back