Obama Press conf. on now- Tues. july 5th 1:50 eastern

and thats it no questions taken....we ( him and the party leaders) have met, we are gonna meet Thursday, insert in between the usual- we are doing our best and we should not wait till the last minute...

3 minutes and .......gone...

did that just happen...:lol:

Somebody once called raising the debt ceiling a "failure of leadership".

Not sure who though...

dude it was surreal, I switched to fox to see of they had stopped their casey tragedy whoring to watch cavuto and here he comes.......and in like bang, hes gone, look at my thread post time.....2- 3 minutes max..whoosh, no questions, what was the point?:eusa_eh:

yea, well when the ONE does it, its magic, you know the drill. ;)

obama-fail1.jpg

dude it was surreal, I switched to fox to see of they had stopped their casey tragedy whoring to watch cavuto and here he comes.......and in like bang, hes gone, look at my thread post time.....2- 3 minutes max..whoosh, no questions, what was the point?:eusa_eh:

He must have been late for his tee time.

While you were timing the Press Conference... did you take note of what he said? Entitlements are on the table... What are the Republicans going to bring to the table? Oh... that's right.... nothing but their own hollow rhetoric.

What a total waste of time.
Why even call a press conference if all you are going to say is "we are working on it"?

While you were timing the Press Conference... did you take note of what he said? Entitlements are on the table... What are the Republicans going to bring to the table? Oh... that's right.... nothing but their own hollow rhetoric.

Entitlement?

I have been paying into SS and Medicare for close to 50 years. It's not an entitlement - dumbass - it's a BENEFIT, an investment that millions have earned.

So now Obama is gonna push old ladies down stairways and cut their "entitlements?"

Gee - color me surprised.

Medicare and SS is not a handout stupid - like foodstamps. You're accustomed to handouts, not entitlements - so look up the big words if you need a definition.

Get a job and pay some taxes son. You're way of thinking is ignorant.

It was to show Obama is in charge of things... Then BAM, off to take a nap!

Obama, you tell em Republicans!

Entitlement?

I have been paying into SS and Medicare for close to 50 years. It's not an entitlement - dumbass - it's a BENEFIT, an investment that millions have earned.

So now Obama is gonna push old ladies down stairways and cut their "entitlements?"

Medicare and SS is not a handout stupid - like foodstamps. You're accustomed to handouts, not entitlements - so look up the big words if you need a definition.

Dude... I am on your side. I don't think that SS and Medicare should be on the table at all. But on a good 6-10 threads, I see the Shiites screaming that Obama wants tax hikes and no cuts.

This is the lie... and they nod their heads like bobbleheads in unison.

I know... I've been paying in for 32 years and I fear what my life(and millions of others) are going to be like when we can no longer work. Truthfully, I fear that when these angry middle class people find out that the Koch Brothers really used them as patsies, most of us will be fucked.

Entitlement?

Dude... I am on your side. I don't think that SS and Medicare should be on the table at all. But on a good 6-10 threads, I see the Shiites screaming that Obama wants tax hikes and no cuts.

I know... I've been paying in for 32 years and I fear what my life(and millions of others) are going to be like when we can no longer work. Truthfully, I fear that when these angry middle class people find out that the Koch Brothers really used them as patsies, most of us will be fucked.

I can't wait to get old like you and have nothing! Thanls man, thanks! Looking forward to paying for you because you believed giving the Government you money was a good idea!

WAIT! "If we ended the wars!!!!" Well, write Obama a letter and ask him to stop starting new wars first!

See how it is reported on CNN and on the nightly news shows.

It was a photo op and a way to get in a 30 second sound bite. That is all the evening news will show anyway. So it counts as a great success.

Entitlement?

I can't wait to get old like you and have nothing! Thanls man, thanks! Looking forward to paying for you because you believed giving the Government you money was a good idea!

WAIT! "If we ended the wars!!!!" Well, write Obama a letter and ask him to stop starting new wars first!

So... you will have nothing? Yeah, Christ.... stop living off your parents then. Fuck it... we'll kick kids out when they turn 10 and save for our retirements. You young people are spoiled fucking rotten. You've lived off your parents hard work and have had everything handed to you... now that it's your turn to be responsible... you cry like the brats you are.

Thank you.
Based on most of the posts on this thread, no one really said what Obama had to say.
Appears to me that this press conference was political showmanship,,,but the guy signaled concessions.
When is the GOP going to budge,,,,never? That'll get her done. :cuckoo:
Will somebody in Washington actually do something? Hell no! Some absolute boneheads think it should be just a one way street, but then these folks really aren't serious about the National Debt in the first place. It's all about political points and the goose-stepping bobbleheads that think that just one approach will solve the problem.
Sorry folks,,,,as real economists point out, it going to take cuts and increase in revenue, they have pointed out that just doing cuts really doesn't add up to eliminating/creating a dent in the debt and neither does raising taxes.

So... you will have nothing? Yeah, Christ.... stop living off your parents then. Fuck it... we'll kick kids out when they turn 10 and save for our retirements. You young people are spoiled fucking rotten. You've lived off your parents hard work and have had everything handed to you... now that it's your turn to be responsible... you cry like the brats you are.

That's right, spoiled!

Hmmph... Maybe I should say "you couldn't keep up with me working even at your best in your life." Yeah that's it! I'll make claims that we'll never be able to prove!

Good debating with you!

That's right, spoiled!

Hmmph... Maybe I should say "you couldn't keep up with me working even at your best in your life." Yeah that's it! I'll make claims that we'll never be able to prove!

Good debating with you!

Let me ask... did you parents look after your needs the first 20 years of your life(or more)? did they help you with College? Did they help you with a car? Did they do their jobs as parents? Did they work hard and pay into SS and Medicare?

If so... then perhaps you ought to rethink your position. You have to understand the commitment and expense of raising children. We do it out of love, but make no mistake... it's a hard road for many people who's salaries have stagnated and the cost of living has gone up.

You should be rallying to make sure that SS and Medicare doesn't end with you..Like you are trying to do with us. Because It will be 10X more expensive for you to take care of your elderly parents without SS and Medicare than it is with it. That is, if you plan on taking care of them...perhaps you haven't thought that far ahead... if not, you should.

Somebody once called raising the debt ceiling a "failure of leadership".

Not sure who though...

Oh, I know the answer to this one.... apparently.... when Obama said that, it was true. But it's not true now, because he's the leader. I hope that helps explain it.

did you take note of what he said? Entitlements are on the table... What are the Republicans going to bring to the table? Oh... that's right.... nothing but their own hollow rhetoric.

If you truly believe that ANY Democratic President is going to actually make MEANINGFUL cuts to even a single entitlement program, you're off your rocker, Steel.

Neither side is doing anywhere near enough or suggesting anything even remotely drastic enough to make significant inroads on this issue. They're playing political "chicken", waiting to see who blinks first.

Forum List

Back