Obama Press conf. on now- Tues. july 5th 1:50 eastern

While you were timing the Press Conference... did you take note of what he said? Entitlements are on the table... What are the Republicans going to bring to the table? Oh... that's right.... nothing but their own hollow rhetoric.

Entitlement?

I have been paying into SS and Medicare for close to 50 years. It's not an entitlement - dumbass - it's a BENEFIT, an investment that millions have earned.

So now Obama is gonna push old ladies down stairways and cut their "entitlements?"

Gee - color me surprised.

Medicare and SS is not a handout stupid - like foodstamps. You're accustomed to handouts, not entitlements - so look up the big words if you need a definition.

Get a job and pay some taxes son. You're way of thinking is ignorant.

Hate to break it to you, but the government lied to you. You and many of the rest of us will never see a single dime of that money.

I think it's time to stop pretending and save our nation.

While you were timing the Press Conference... did you take note of what he said? Entitlements are on the table... What are the Republicans going to bring to the table? Oh... that's right.... nothing but their own hollow rhetoric.

Thank you.
Based on most of the posts on this thread, no one really said what Obama had to say.
Appears to me that this press conference was political showmanship,,,but the guy signaled concessions.
When is the GOP going to budge,,,,never? That'll get her done. :cuckoo:
Will somebody in Washington actually do something? Hell no! Some absolute boneheads think it should be just a one way street, but then these folks really aren't serious about the National Debt in the first place. It's all about political points and the goose-stepping bobbleheads that think that just one approach will solve the problem.
Sorry folks,,,,as real economists point out, it going to take cuts and increase in revenue, they have pointed out that just doing cuts really doesn't add up to eliminating/creating a dent in the debt and neither does raising taxes.

How about the Republicans budge when they actually cut some of the budget instead of pretending they are going to?

Entitlement?

I have been paying into SS and Medicare for close to 50 years. It's not an entitlement - dumbass - it's a BENEFIT, an investment that millions have earned.

So now Obama is gonna push old ladies down stairways and cut their "entitlements?"

Medicare and SS is not a handout stupid - like foodstamps. You're accustomed to handouts, not entitlements - so look up the big words if you need a definition.

Hate to break it to you, but the government lied to you. You and many of the rest of us will never see a single dime of that money.

That's fine and dandy if you're still in your 30s and have time to prepare for your retirement. But..... those who paid in, in good faith..... it's their fucking money. It is not the Government's money. It is not an 'entitlement', it is pay back. Fucking leftists lying about Medicare and SS make me sick.

To not provide for those who have spent a lifetime paying in.... that is theft.... and every fucking member of congress responsible should go to prison.

Let me ask... did you parents look after your needs the first 20 years of your life(or more)? did they help you with College? Did they help you with a car? Did they do their jobs as parents? Did they work hard and pay into SS and Medicare?

If so... then perhaps you ought to rethink your position. You have to understand the commitment and expense of raising children. We do it out of love, but make no mistake... it's a hard road for many people who's salaries have stagnated and the cost of living has gone up.

You should be rallying to make sure that SS and Medicare doesn't end with you..Like you are trying to do with us. Because It will be 10X more expensive for you to take care of your elderly parents without SS and Medicare than it is with it. That is, if you plan on taking care of them...perhaps you haven't thought that far ahead... if not, you should.

I must have been raised by geniuses, because somehow they raised three kids, built a beautiful home, and still managed to save for their own retirement.

Now on the other hand you have people like ME, whose retirement plan is 1 round of .45ACP up under the chin. Saves on all that complicated accounting mumbo-jumbo.

Entitlement?

That's fine and dandy if you're still in your 30s and have time to prepare for your retirement. But..... those who paid in, in good faith..... it's their fucking money. It is not the Government's money. It is not an 'entitlement', it is pay back. Fucking leftists lying about Medicare and SS make me sick.

To not provide for those who have spent a lifetime paying in.... that is theft.... and every fucking member of congress responsible should go to prison.

It's Robbery. But the fact is, we don't have the money. We can try to soften the blow as much as possible. But the money isn't going to magically appear. As responsible citizens, the sooner we address this, the better we can prevent people from losing as much as they are going to if we keep ignoring it.

It's always the robbers destroying civilization.

It's Robbery. But the fact is, we don't have the money. We can try to soften the blow as much as possible. But the money isn't going to magically appear. As responsible citizens, the sooner we address this, the better we can prevent people from losing as much as they are going to if we keep ignoring it.

It's always the robbers destroying civilization.

The fact is, if you get caught stealing from someone, you should pay reparations. It's not about 'softening the blow'. It's not our money. It belongs to those who paid in. Give it back to them, or provide the service they have paid for. That's the bottom line. It is not acceptable - to me - for the nation to steal from people coming up to retirement.

So... you will have nothing? Yeah, Christ.... stop living off your parents then. Fuck it... we'll kick kids out when they turn 10 and save for our retirements. You young people are spoiled fucking rotten. You've lived off your parents hard work and have had everything handed to you... now that it's your turn to be responsible... you cry like the brats you are.

That's right, spoiled!

Hmmph... Maybe I should say "you couldn't keep up with me working even at your best in your life." Yeah that's it! I'll make claims that we'll never be able to prove!

Good debating with you!

Let me ask... did you parents look after your needs the first 20 years of your life(or more)? did they help you with College? Did they help you with a car? Did they do their jobs as parents? Did they work hard and pay into SS and Medicare?

If so... then perhaps you ought to rethink your position. You have to understand the commitment and expense of raising children. We do it out of love, but make no mistake... it's a hard road for many people who's salaries have stagnated and the cost of living has gone up.

You should be rallying to make sure that SS and Medicare doesn't end with you..Like you are trying to do with us. Because It will be 10X more expensive for you to take care of your elderly parents without SS and Medicare than it is with it. That is, if you plan on taking care of them...perhaps you haven't thought that far ahead... if not, you should.

You're an idiot... None of that happened for me. And no, with the world "you" ass wipes left "us" thinking ahead is near impossible. Again, you sold your future out to politicians and suprise they sold you out, don't fuck my future away because you fucked yours away.

That's right, spoiled!

Hmmph... Maybe I should say "you couldn't keep up with me working even at your best in your life." Yeah that's it! I'll make claims that we'll never be able to prove!

Good debating with you!

You're an idiot... None of that happened for me. And no, with the world "you" ass wipes left "us" thinking ahead is near impossible. Again, you sold your future out to politicians and suprise they sold you out, don't fuck my future away because you fucked yours away.

We left you? WE who? Your side wants to further compound the problem by getting in line with Corporate interests. Fuck the worker, fuck the environment. So the only thing you have to blame is the further application of those same policies. Make no mistake... the corps will chew you up and spit you out and never even blink at the prospect.

You're a fool.

Finally... I hope you prepare for your parents to move in... Medicine costs a lot of money...and Dr's visits. You better be ready. Oh wait... there is always abandoning them to the streets. Which if you blame them and their generation for all your ills...It's probably the path you'll choose.

dude it was surreal, I switched to fox to see of they had stopped their casey tragedy whoring to watch cavuto and here he comes.......and in like bang, hes gone, look at my thread post time.....2- 3 minutes max..whoosh, no questions, what was the point?:eusa_eh:

yea, well when the ONE does it, its magic, you know the drill. ;)
Another attention whore was taking up too much air time.
:eusa_whistle:

Entitlement?

Dude... I am on your side. I don't think that SS and Medicare should be on the table at all. But on a good 6-10 threads, I see the Shiites screaming that Obama wants tax hikes and no cuts.

This is the lie... and they nod their heads like bobbleheads in unison.

I know... I've been paying in for 32 years and I fear what my life(and millions of others) are going to be like when we can no longer work. Truthfully, I fear that when these angry middle class people find out that the Koch Brothers really used them as patsies, most of us will be fucked.

the koch bros........:lol::lol::lol::lol:

fuckin A thats hilarious.....:lol::lol:

Entitlement?

Horse shit, mis-informed asshole.
My Mom died in January. My Dad - 90, who's been paying medicare/SS all his life is in my care. It's FUCKING VERY NICE to have his $400 wheelchair paid from his ENTITLEMENT. His in home nursing care - FINALLY PAID FOR FROM A FUND HE'S BEEN PAYING INTO ALL HIS LIFE. His doctor's appointments, etc. You know - all the shit the GOVT promised him he'd get if he paid all his life. Well - guess what. He paid. He's receiving his ENTITLEMENT for paying. Now Obama wants to cut it off and some snot nosed, doesn't know shit douchebag like you is gonna "school" me and my Dad?

Tell ya what.

Go Fuck yourself.

You don't know shit asswipe.

Entitlement?

My Mom died in January. My Dad - 90, who's been paying medicare/SS all his life is in my care. It's FUCKING VERY NICE to have his $400 wheelchair paid from his ENTITLEMENT. His in home nursing care - FINALLY PAID FOR FROM A FUND HE'S BEEN PAYING INTO ALL HIS LIFE. His doctor's appointments, etc. You know - all the shit the GOVT promised him he'd get if he paid all his life. Well - guess what. He paid. He's receiving his ENTITLEMENT for paying. Now Obama wants to cut it off and some snot nosed, doesn't know shit douchebag like you is gonna "school" me and my Dad?

Tell ya what.

Go Fuck yourself.

Avatar isn't an 'asshole'.... he's wrong about this, but that doesn't make him an asshole.

Tell ya what.

Go Fuck yourself.

Avatar isn't an 'asshole'.... he's wrong about this, but that doesn't make him an asshole.

"I think it's time to stop pretending and save our nation."

is not being an asshole?

We left you? WE who? Your side wants to further compound the problem by getting in line with Corporate interests. Fuck the worker, fuck the environment. So the only thing you have to blame is the further application of those same policies. Make no mistake... the corps will chew you up and spit you out and never even blink at the prospect.

You're a fool.

Finally... I hope you prepare for your parents to move in... Medicine costs a lot of money...and Dr's visits. You better be ready. Oh wait... there is always abandoning them to the streets. Which if you blame them and their generation for all your ills...It's probably the path you'll choose.

100% Drama filled idiot.

Get back to me when you’re done murdering children... yeah, that's what it's like talking to you, full on stupid.

Tell ya what.

Go Fuck yourself.

"I think it's time to stop pretending and save our nation."

is not being an asshole?

You'd prefer government collapse?

You're a fool.

100% Drama filled idiot.

Get back to me when you’re done murdering children... yeah, that's what it's like talking to you, full on stupid.

Really? who's going to pay if your bullshit wet dream comes true?

No... it's not full on stupid... it's reality. You are just so indoctrinated to the Shiite Republican religion that you refuse to see that reality. Health Care costs are so outrageous that 62% of all bankruptcies are due to Medical bills. You really expect them to do it without help?

As far as murdering children, I assume that you are talking about abortion. Fine... let's talk about it. I am pro life. I would never condone abortion. However, We live in a country that recognizes that all views are valid. Not just one individual or even one group. That's what makes us a free country.

You're a fool.

100% Drama filled idiot.

Really? who's going to pay if your bullshit wet dream comes true?

No... it's not full on stupid... it's reality. You are just so indoctrinated to the Shiite Republican religion that you refuse to see that reality. Health Care costs are so outrageous that 62% of all bankruptcies are due to Medical bills. You really expect them to do it without help?

As far as murdering children, I assume that you are talking about abortion. Fine... let's talk about it. I am pro life. I would never condone abortion. However, We live in a country that recognizes that all views are valid. Not just one individual or even one group. That's what makes us a free country.

LOL, is there anything else you would like to get wrong about me...? Now I'm a Republican, oh how I see why you don't know wtf you’re talking about, you assumed everything about me. Oddly you would have though you would have picked up on it when I used your “debating” style against you in ridiculous manners but nope, you went right on giving me talking points so your foolish ass could knock em down.

I believe we need to pay out for people that have paid in for “some length of time” and end the programs or atr least have an opt out option for younger people. If people choose to stay in they get to take the risk you did, but when it fails, and it will (like it’s doin now) they can’t bitch, that was their gamble.

And no, I was not talking about abortions, I was putting lame ass words in your mouth like you have done to me and prolly anyone else that you don’t agree with. I’m pro choice, as long as the Government ain’t paying for it.

BTW, you know DICK about what causes HC costs. You're like a fuckin robot.

Last edited:
BTW, you know DICK about what causes HC costs. You're like a fuckin robot.

Ok... enlighten me. I know that when a person goes into a Nursing home... unless the said person transfers all their personal property over to their children... they lose everything. It becomes the property of the Nursing Home. Once that resource has been depleted, they go on Medicaid.... that's right...Welfare.

I know what an MRI Costs. I know what Surgery costs. I know what drugs cost. what am I missing. I work in the Health Care field. So tell me again what a fucking robot I am. My wife works in the health care field. My sister does too.. even my mother was a nurse.

What do you know, tough guy?

Forum List

Back