Obama Politicizes Grandmother

If Obama had one ounce of class in him he would not have announced to the world two days ago that he was going to see his ailing grandmother at the end of week. Obama is a smart man. He knew the dog lapping press would slurp it up. Now on national TV he's squeezing every last drip of publicity he can get out of his grandmother's illness. He is a truly despicable man. A person with any dignity would have made no mention of going to see her and arranged to see her below the radar, perhaps telling the press he was taking day off the trail to hold a strategy meeting. Or at least not milking it for all it was worth for three or four days. I think this tells us a whole lot about Mr. Obama and I sure hope it backfires on him but good.

show me where Obama announced ANYTHING? his campaign advised the press that Obama would be leaving the stump to fly to visit his grandmother who was ill.

I know how Obama feels with his mother. My mother went to the hospital for what we assumed was retention of water following chemo. I didn't go visit her because I had the first day of school and thought I could go later in the week...she died the next day unexpectedly. I didn't even get to tell her I loved her one last time. It's a regret that has haunted me for 21 years. I now say "I love you" at the end of every conversation with family members, regardless of how many times I speak to them throughout the day.

I appreciate how honest Obama is about his personal pain and lose.

you repubs only prove how classless and disgusting you are by attacking Obama in this manner.

I owe you an apology. When I first read this thread I thought you were being a bit hard on Obama for announcing his departure to the press before he went to visit his ailing grandma. Sure, I agreed with you about his media blitz about it, but I sort of thought you were ..... harsh.

Then I listened to Rush today and I realized I had been thinking all along that Obama has already been to see the lady. Noooooooooooo HE HASN'T EVEN LEFT YET!

So, you're right. It's TOTALLY political when he announces THREE DAYS before he "rushes" to the side of his gravely ill grandma. Anyone who has gotten that call in real life knows that you don't say "Hey, y'all my loved one dying as we speak. I'm out of here IN THREE DAYS. Until then I will talk incessantly about this so that you fully understand it." You say, "Hey, y'all my loved one is dying as we speak. Bye!"

This stinks to high heaven.

Mea Culpa.

No worries!

reading this thread makes me want to vomit.

You repugs are the most disgusting pieces of shit I've ever seen.

Don't blame him for how it was reported. Hes been trying to avoid the topic, but he HAS to announce it. There isn't any evidence that shes going to die in the next few days.

Sorry, but he doesn't need to justify his decisions to see his grandmother to you.

Sympathy vote? He is routing McCain, he doesn't need to try any stunts.

You guys are fucking sick.

Would you agree that by canceling speeches 10 days before a Presidential election to go see a grandmother who is not dying is:

a. Injecting her into Presidential politics.
b. Frickin' weird.

If Obama had one ounce of class in him he would not have announced to the world two days ago that he was going to see his ailing grandmother at the end of week. Obama is a smart man. He knew the dog lapping press would slurp it up. Now on national TV he's squeezing every last drip of publicity he can get out of his grandmother's illness. He is a truly despicable man. A person with any dignity would have made no mention of going to see her and arranged to see her below the radar, perhaps telling the press he was taking day off the trail to hold a strategy meeting. Or at least not milking it for all it was worth for three or four days. I think this tells us a whole lot about Mr. Obama and I sure hope it backfires on him but good.
Are you this stupid in real life?

Yeah, she should have waited until after the election to start dying of old age. What an uppity bitch.

No, Obama should not inject her into Presidential politics unless she was truly on her death bed.

This is the second time he has dragged her into Presidential politics.

Shame on Obama. What a creep.

Go for it. Hopefully you'll end up on the Karen Carpenter highway.

Again, I will say this.

YOU GIVE STONERS A BAD NAME!

Most stoners I know are full of peace and acceptance, they don't hate like you do, and believe in live and let live.

You're a disgrace to stoners, and republicans, it's people like you that give them a bad name.

Again, I will say this.

Most stoners I know are full of peace and acceptance, they don't hate like you do, and believe in live and let live.

You're a disgrace to stoners, and republicans, it's people like you that give them a bad name.

Funny. I think he's a breath of fresh air. You, on the other hand, seem to be screaming and hollering at him because he's not just like all the other stoners you know. Way to be accepting.

Stoner, anyone who can be accused of giving stoners AND republicans a bad name with one post -- that's a real individual, in my book! :clap2:

Funny. I think he's a breath of fresh air. You, on the other hand, seem to be screaming and hollering at him because he's not just like all the other stoners you know. Way to be accepting.

Stoner, anyone who can be accused of giving stoners AND republicans a bad name with one post -- that's a real individual, in my book! :clap2:

Of COURSE you think he's a breath of fresh air, he's as right wing as you!

Do you agree with any libs about anything on here?

Yeah, silly me for not being accepting of haters. How awful of me.

Again, I will say this.

Does this mean you're not giving me a ride home from the USMB Christmas Party this year?

Of COURSE you think he's a breath of fresh air, he's as right wing as you!

Do you agree with any libs about anything on here?

Yeah, silly me for not being accepting of haters. How awful of me.

Keep screaming about how "accepting" you are. You're starting to win me over.

Something tells me he's not the one with jealousy issues.

Just goes to show that my theory rings true yet again. Republican women are hotter. Even libs know it.

Right, keep telling yourself that.

Hurry up and go see if Nutjobnewsboy has posted anything new yet, I think you're missing out!

Forum List

Back