Obama Politicizes Grandmother

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
If this is true this confirms it for me. Obama is the ultimate sleeze bag.

From Drudge:

OBAMA INTERVIEW: LETS TALK ABOUT GRANDMOTHER'S HEALTH
Wed Oct 22 2008 18:09:23 ET

CBS EARLY SHOW co-anchor Harry Smith conducted an exclusive interview with Sen. Barack Obama earlier today in Richmond, Va. Among other topics, the senator told Smith why it’s so important for him to take a break from his campaign to see his grandmother. “My grandmother's the last one left,” Obama told Smith. The senator added, “She has really been the rock of the family, the foundation of the family.” Obama didn’t get to his mother before she died. “Yeah, got there too late,” he says. “You know, I mean, it was sort of like this, in the sense that she had a terminal illness. We knew she wasn't doing well, but you know, the diagnosis was such that we thought we had a little more time and we didn't. And so I want to make sure that I don't make the same mistake twice.”

OBAMA SAYS HE DOESN’T WANT TO MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE WITH HIS GRANDMOTHER THAT HE MADE WITH HIS DYING MOTHER – IN AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW ON “THE EARLY SHOW” ON OCT. 23 ON CBS

Developing...

If this is true this confirms it for me. Obama is the ultimate sleeze bag.

From Drudge:

OBAMA INTERVIEW: LETS TALK ABOUT GRANDMOTHER'S HEALTH
Wed Oct 22 2008 18:09:23 ET

CBS EARLY SHOW co-anchor Harry Smith conducted an exclusive interview with Sen. Barack Obama earlier today in Richmond, Va. Among other topics, the senator told Smith why it’s so important for him to take a break from his campaign to see his grandmother. “My grandmother's the last one left,” Obama told Smith. The senator added, “She has really been the rock of the family, the foundation of the family.” Obama didn’t get to his mother before she died. “Yeah, got there too late,” he says. “You know, I mean, it was sort of like this, in the sense that she had a terminal illness. We knew she wasn't doing well, but you know, the diagnosis was such that we thought we had a little more time and we didn't. And so I want to make sure that I don't make the same mistake twice.”

OBAMA SAYS HE DOESN’T WANT TO MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE WITH HIS GRANDMOTHER THAT HE MADE WITH HIS DYING MOTHER – IN AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW ON “THE EARLY SHOW” ON OCT. 23 ON CBS

Developing...

Umm, what exactly is your problem with this?

If Obama had one ounce of class in him he would not have announced to the world two days ago that he was going to see his ailing grandmother at the end of week. Obama is a smart man. He knew the dog lapping press would slurp it up. Now on national TV he's squeezing every last drip of publicity he can get out of his grandmother's illness. He is a truly despicable man. A person with any dignity would have made no mention of going to see her and arranged to see her below the radar, perhaps telling the press he was taking day off the trail to hold a strategy meeting. Or at least not milking it for all it was worth for three or four days. I think this tells us a whole lot about Mr. Obama and I sure hope it backfires on him but good.

Last edited:
If Obama had one ounce of class in him he would not have announced to the world two days ago that he was going to see his ailing grandmother at the end of week. Obama is a smart man. He knew the dog lapping press would slurp it up. Now on national TV he's squeezing every last drip of publicity he can get out of his grandmother. He is truly despicable man. A person with any dignity would have made no mention of going to see her and arranged to see her below the radar, perhaps telling the press he was taking day off the trail to hold a strategy meeting. Or at least not milking it for all it was worth for three or four days. I think this tells us a whole lot about Mr. Obama and I sure hope it backfires on him but good.

I don't care much for Joe Biden, but you gotta admit he handled his son's deployment and his MIL's illness with more class than Obama has handled this. Weird, but for once Obama should take a page from Biden's book and shut up.

If Obama had one ounce of class in him he would not have announced to the world two days ago that he was going to see his ailing grandmother at the end of week. Obama is a smart man. He knew the dog lapping press would slurp it up. Now on national TV he's squeezing every last drip of publicity he can get out of his grandmother's illness. He is a truly despicable man. A person with any dignity would have made no mention of going to see her and arranged to see her below the radar, perhaps telling the press he was taking day off the trail to hold a strategy meeting. Or at least not milking it for all it was worth for three or four days. I think this tells us a whole lot about Mr. Obama and I sure hope it backfires on him but good.

Umm, he HAS to announce it. The Democratic nominee can't just disappear for two days. Hes not going to lie to the press to satisfy weird conspiracy theorists like you.

Obama would like nothing more than to fly under the radar for the next 2 weeks. They aren't playing any stunts because stunts CAN backfire. They just want things to remain the same for the next 2 weeks.

Exactly! Ditto with Palin and McCain.

Umm, Palin has constantly talked about her son in Iraq.

I don't care much for Joe Biden, but you gotta admit he handled his son's deployment and his MIL's illness with more class than Obama has handled this. Weird, but for once Obama should take a page from Biden's book and shut up.

Biden did the exact same thing about his MIL's death. Took off a day, went home, announced it to the press in advance, and then came back.

Umm, he HAS to announce it. The Democratic nominee can't just disappear for two days.

He didn't have to announce it Monday. He doesn't have to go on national TV and talk about it. He is garnering publicity off the illness of a typical white woman.

Shame on Obama!

He didn't have to announce it Monday. He doesn't have to go on national TV and talk about it. He is garnering publicity off the illness of a typical white woman.

Shame on Obama!

Umm, why would he not have announced it Monday? Why wouldn't he talk about it?

And garnering publicity? What? Do you really think Obama needs to "garner publicity"? You are way out there on this one.

I didn't think much about it until he decided to milk it on national TV. Obama is morphing into Nixon before our very eyes.

The only ones being thrown under the bus are the Republicans of Past (Nixon, Bush 43) in exchange for Republicans trying to win this election.

Justifying how your candidate is better by using the candidates that YOUR party and perhaps even YOU voted in is quite laughable. Especially when it's against people of the other party.

The only ones being thrown under the bus are the Republicans of Past (Nixon, Bush 43) in exchange for Republicans trying to win this election.

Justifying how your candidate is better by using the candidates that YOUR party and perhaps even YOU voted in is quite laughable. Especially when it's against people of the other party.

I am an independent. I have voted twice. Once for Carter. Once for Bush 43. My comparison of Obama to Nixon is that I think they are both paranoid, ruthless and are not who they appear to be. Just my opinion. Time will tell.

I am an independent. I have voted twice. Once for Carter. Once for Bush 43. My comparison of Obama to Nixon is that I think they are both paranoid, ruthless and are not who they appear to be. Just my opinion. Time will tell.

What happened to the time in between Carter and Bush 43? :confused:

Forum List

Back