Obama pandering for votes offshore

Whats funny is that he's obviously given up on the white liberal voter and now feels the need to pander to other races to pickup votes. If I were a betting man I would say the desperation is starting to show

So going to Puerto rico is somehow a bad thing?

Seriously, answer this. :eusa_whistle:

(Oh and who the hell do you think they will vote for? Bachmann? Palin? Cain? lolololololololololol

Puerto Ricans are very conservative. Any of those candidates would have a good chance of winning Puerto Rico if it were a state.

Whats funny is that he's obviously given up on the white liberal voter and now feels the need to pander to other races to pickup votes. If I were a betting man I would say the desperation is starting to show

(Oh and who the hell do you think they will vote for? Bachmann? Palin? Cain? lolololololololololol

Gary Johnson.

but you will never hear much from him since he's walked the conservative walk and been a success.

Sadly he's all substance and no showman. So there's no "gotcha" questions to ask him.

:confused:

Liberals of all stripes are going to vote for him. At worste they won't vote at all.

Which is my point he's already seen massive erosion of the liberal base support and if the left follows normal form they simply will not vote. This administration knows its in deep trouble with the voters for very obvious reasons.

Puerto Ricans are very conservative. Any of those candidates would have a good chance of winning Puerto Rico if it were a state.

uhm,

Socially conservative is my expierience. And mostly liberal on everything else.

So Mitt would benefit from a trip there. Palin-Bach, not so much.

Why did you charactorize it as pandering?

Puerto Ricans are the second largest group within the 50.5 million strong U.S. Hispanic community, after Mexicans. As a bloc, Hispanics represent 10 percent of all U.S. voters, according to the Pew Hispanic Center, but are the segment of the U.S. voter population that is growing at the fastest pace.

In addition, because all Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens who can vote if eligible, they are much easier to target for vital campaign organization and voter-registration drives.

They are also an important presence in New York, Philadelphia, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Georgia, and are growing in numbers in Ohio.

"If the election is close, people could be pointing to this trip for creating outreach," said Matt Barreto, a political science professor at the University of Washington in Seattle.

Off shore?

Puerto Rico is a commonwealth of the United States. It's United States terroritory. My brother was born there..and he's as much a citizen as me. And I was born in NYC.

Getting a little nit picky there, aren't ya?

Off shore is a hell of a lot easier than; Outside the continental United states. :lol:

They don't get to vote, so it's not that big a deal anyway.

They get to vote in primaries..not the general.

IHMO they should become a state.

They shouldn't vote in the Primaries, or the general. They are not a state. Fuck 'em.

Awwwwe how cute , personal insults in the face of facts.

Facts?

You're never posted a fact, ever.

Its a fact that PR is very near us.

Its a fact that there is nohting wrong with a president visiting there.

Its a fact that many Americans have roots in PR.

IF you knew the facts, you would know that Puerto Rico is a U.S. Territory. Puerto Ricans are U.S. Citizens by birth.

Why did you charactorize it as pandering?

Puerto Ricans are the second largest group within the 50.5 million strong U.S. Hispanic community, after Mexicans. As a bloc, Hispanics represent 10 percent of all U.S. voters, according to the Pew Hispanic Center, but are the segment of the U.S. voter population that is growing at the fastest pace.

In addition, because all Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens who can vote if eligible, they are much easier to target for vital campaign organization and voter-registration drives.

They are also an important presence in New York, Philadelphia, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Georgia, and are growing in numbers in Ohio.

"If the election is close, people could be pointing to this trip for creating outreach," said Matt Barreto, a political science professor at the University of Washington in Seattle.

You're the only poster to mention the word 'pandering'.

So why did you charactorize this as pandering?

Off shore?

Puerto Rico is a commonwealth of the United States. It's United States terroritory. My brother was born there..and he's as much a citizen as me. And I was born in NYC.

Off shore is a hell of a lot easier than; Outside the continental United states. :lol:

when i visited there, i was told by a local official one of the biggest reasons that PR has becoming a state is dealing with english as the main language. only 20% of the population speaks english and they would have to change the main education system and way of life to incorporate english into every day life.

now im not sure how much of that is valid, but it seems to be a main sticking point between the Fed or PR. opinions?

How sad that Americans are so stuck on english only.

We have a huge continent below us that could provide a butt load of commerce for us if we could just teach our kids Both languages.

Kids who start out speaking more than one language are proven to have better mental skills.

They have to vote in favor of that, before it can happen.

It has come up several times but is always voted down by the people.

If they become a State they have to pay Fed taxes just like any other State.

Right now they get the milk for free.

If I understand it correctly the territories have all the social programs that are available in the State and they pay nothing for any of it. No Fed taxes at all. Its all courtesey of we the American Taxpayer.

Its time for all these territories to shit or get off the damned pot. If they dont' want to be a State then they need to stand on their own.

Off shore?

I think so too. Apparently the citizenery feels otherwise. Territories receive all the benefits, none of the responsibility.
Sounds like liberalism at its finest. :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back